For The Whored: Beyond Ch. 35

Story Info
Katie's Final Decision.
3.7k words
4.86
2.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A knock on the door jolted Katie from her deep slumber. Blinking away the sleep, she eyed Stephen. He was standing at the sink, shaving. "I'll get it." He smiled at her.

Climbing out of the bed anyway, she shook her head. "It might be Elunara." She opened the door and blinked at Ryan.

Ryan stood on the porch holding a large basket, and seeing Stephen behind Katie, wearing nothing but pants and shaving cream on his face, came to his own conclusions. "Katie..."

She sighed. "What is it, Ryan?"

"I came to apologize."

"Ryan..."

"What I did was stupid." He rushed on. "I shouldn't have lost my head or accused you of anything. I realize that now. I was accusing you as much as I was... him. I didn't mean it. I... love you. Or, I thought I did. But... I guess I lose."

Katie frowned. "Ryan, things are really jumbled up and confusing for me right now. I can't..." She swallowed. "I don't know that I can love you back."

"I get that now." He sighed. "But I wanted..."

"You're my best friend." She whispered. "At least, I thought you were."

"I am! I mean, I could be, if you'd let me again. Look, I brought you something."

"Ryan..."

He opened the basket. Inside were five tiny sleepy kittens. "Aunt Mayby's cat had kittens a couple of months ago. They're ready to go to new homes now. I was thinking that maybe you'd like one. Or all of them. As many as you want!"

"Oh!" Katie gasped and collapsed to her knees. "They're so precious!"

Sitting the basket on the ground, Ryan knelt. "Aren't they cool?"

Carefully, Katie lifted a fuzzy grey kitten and cuddled it to her cheek. "I want one." Sitting it back in the basket, he picked up an orange one. "But, how can I choose?"

Stephen eyed Ryan before kneeling beside Katie. "You can have as many as you want." He stroked a hand down her back. "It might be a bit much, but you could just take the whole basket."

"No. No, I wouldn't know what to do with so many." She picked up a multicolored one. "I want this one. And maybe that one." She pointed to a black one.

"Then they are yours." Stephen kissed her temple.

Ryan winced and deliberately stared at the kittens. "Yeah. They're yours."

"What about the rest?" Katie looked up at Ryan. "What will happen to them?"

"I don't know. Aunt Mayby said she can't take care of any more cats, and that she wanted rid of them. Which is why I thought of you."

"What about Carla?"

"Carla?"

"Have you offered any to her?"

"I hadn't thought about that."

"From what little you have told me about Carla, I wonder if she could use a friend. Maybe the kittens will cheer her up too."

--

Ryan sighed as he hauled the basket. He hadn't even commented on Katie's pregnancy, and he was going to. He was going to make everything up to her, he was just using the kittens as an excuse to go see her, but with Stephen there... well, he guessed he lost. Katie was so beautiful and sweet, but her taste in men was terrible. As soon as the thought crossed his mind, he wanted to punch himself. He deserved to lose if that was the kind of person he was. Sitting down in an alley, he opened the basket and pulled out a kitten. The sleepy little grey cat mewed at him. He wanted that one for himself, but pets weren't allowed in the soldier's barracks. Cuddling the little fluff ball, he sighed again.

"Come on, Grey, let's see if Carla will give you a home instead." He was treated to a claw in the cheek. "Hey!" It mewed at him again, flexing and pawing at him. "Oh." He laughed. "You like me, you're just terrible at showing it. Ok, I get it. We're just same is all." He tucked the kitten back in the basket with his brother and sister. "Come on, stay put." He muttered as he tried to get the lid closed. Grey kept trying to escape. Even with the lid closed, the pitiful mewing got the other two awake.

"Oh, don't do this to me. You heard Aunt Mayby. You have to go."

Making his way over to Carla's house, he frowned. What if she didn't want a kitten? What if she got mad at him for offering? Who else could he ask about the kittens? He slowed his pace down. Maybe Elunara knew somebody who take a kitten. He'd ask her next.

Stepping up on to the porch, he gave a swift knock. When the maid opened the door, he held up the basket. "Is Carla in?"

"The Mistress—"

"Ryan? My boy, is that you?" Richard stepped out from the parlor. "It is! How good of you to visit."

"I'm sorry sir, I was hoping Carla was in."

"Yes, yes. Tilda, go retrieve Carla, please."

Tilda backed away and bowed. "Yes, sir." She headed for the stairs.

Richard eyed the basket in Ryan's hands. "Is that a picnic perhaps?"

"Huh?" Ryan looked down. "Oh! Oh, no. This is just some kittens. I was going to offer them to Carla. If that's ok."

Richard regarded him for a few moments. "Kittens, you say..." A twinkle came to his eye. "I see. Yes, yes, I do. Come. Come, let's put you in the parlor."

"Put...?" Ryan blinked as he was shuffled into the parlor.

Carla made her way downstairs and rolled her eyes at her father's back in the parlor door. His favorite past time was locking her in that room with strange men. She was only glad it was Ryan this time. Tilda had mentioned some sort of basket in Ryan's hand. Maybe...

"Father?"

Richard turned slightly and shot a grin at his only daughter. "Yes? Oh! Yes, yes. Go in, dear." He ushered the girl in the door. "I'll leave you to it."

Trying not to sigh, Carla turned her attention to Ryan and his basket. "I didn't expect to see you today."

"Listen, I... well, I had a question..."

Biting her lip, Carla scooted closer. "Yes?"

A mewing noise had her freezing in place. "Sorry about that." Ryan stooped down and put the basket on the floor. "Grey really wants out."

"Grey?"

"It's not very creative, I know." Lifting the lid, he pulled the grey little fluff ball out of the basket and cuddled the kitten to his cheek. "I came to ask if you'd like a kitten. My aunt Mayby told me she couldn't keep any more cats around the house, and I've been trying to figure out what to do with them."

Carla put a hand to her chest and blinked down at him. "And you brought them here?"

"Yeah! Well, ok it was kind of Katie's idea... I'm sorry, do you not like them?" Ryan's face fell.

Carla's face twitched. "Katie?"

"Yeah, Katie took two of them, leaving these three." He held up the little grey kitten. "This one is my personal favorite. He's really spunky."

"She did, did she?" Carla asked quietly. Clearing her throat, she crossed the rest of the distance. "Well, let me see them." Tugging up the hem of her skirt, she stooped down beside the basket and peered in. Two more kittens were trying to climb out of the basket. Poking the fuzziest one in the head, Carla considered the contents of the basket. "What about you?"

"Oh, I can't have one in the soldier's barracks. It's against the rules. Though, at my current rate, I might get kicked out soon." He sighed and fiddled with the grey one's paw.

"Why do you say that?" Picking up the fuzziest kitten, she held it up and stared into its blue eyes.

"I keep screwing up. General Mark told me if I toe out of line just one more time, I'm through."

She cuddled the kitten to her chest and put a hand on his arm. "How awful."

"I just don't know what to do. Aunt Mayby doesn't have room for me at her place, what with all my cousins, and the cats and the dogs. I don't want to go back to Dustwallow."

Carla considered the mewing little fluff balls. "I'll take them."

"Huh?"

"All of them." She stood up and hugged the kitten to her chest.

"You will?" Hope broke through his voice. "I don't want them to burden you."

Cala rolled her eyes. "As if. This house is big enough for a few little kittens. In fact..." She bit her lip. "If you do get kicked out, maybe you could stay here."

Ryan cocked his head to the side. "Wouldn't that be improper?"

With a wave of her hand, she shrugged. "Again, this house is big enough for the both of us. I'm sure my father wouldn't care. He's always going on about how lonely it is around here. You could keep him company."

"You sure about that?"

In actuality, Carla wasn't sure about anything that just came out of her mouth. But the more she thought about Ryan leaving the city, the more unhappy she felt. Something just had to be done, she guessed. And if her father had something to say, well, she would handle it. Somehow. "It is settled." She said finally. "If you find yourself without a home, then mine would be open to you."

"You're so sweet, Carla." Without thinking, he leaned forward and kissed her cheek. "I'm going to go tell Mayby about the kittens." He sat Grey on the floor and grabbed her hands. "I'll see you later."

After he left, Carla gently touched her hand to her cheek.

-----

Down at the training yard, Stephen was giving his best to his opponent as Katie watched on from the platform with Susan.

"So, what did you decide?" Elunara flopped down on the platform and pulled out her board.

"We... well, we didn't. I mean, I kind of want to. But he is awful set on me being sure."

"It does take two to tango." Elunara shrugged. "You both have to come to an agreement."

Katie blushed. "We..." She lowered her voice to a whisper. "We agreed to still have sex though."

Elunara laughed. "Good choice. Good choice. I must say, when you're compatible in bed, you're compatible in other areas. But, don't let it be the only area, okay?"

"Yes, Momma." Katie rubbed a hand over her belly and blushed. "Oh, watching him work just does something to me."

"Why do you think I'm out here?" Susan winked. "I could sit in a million other locations and get my painting done just as easily, but here I get to watch my husband work."

"Don't I know it?" Elunara winked back.

"Mommy? Can we go see daddy today?" Emaline sat down beside her mother. "Watching everyone is fun, but I like the castle."

"Later, little bit. Momma wants to watch her husbands too."

Emaline nodded. "Okay, mommy."

------

A couple of weeks later, Katie frowned and wiggled.

"Something the matter, sweetie?" Susan washed out her paint brush as she eyed Katie. "Not another spell?"

"No... I have to pee."

Susan chuckled. "Ah, pregnancy. Well, don't make your bladder wait. It's hours yet before the men take a break."

"But I don't like leaving Stephen."

"Honey, I know you feel like you lost Sunwood because you left his side. But that's not it at all." Susan sighed and put her brush on the easel. "Stephen couldn't be safer, right here in the yard, training with the men. Would you like me to walk you?"

"N-no. No. Darn it. I have to go..." Katie got up and looked around. "I guess Tippy's isn't too far away."

"You go pee, darlin' and I'll let Stephen know where you went."

"Thank you." Katie bowed her head and began making her way towards Tippy's inn. Rubbing her hand on her belly, she sighed. "I hope you won't get as big as Elunara keeps predicting. That just seems terrifying."

"When I'm through with you, you won't be big at all."

Katie gasped and stepped backwards. "Daddy!"

"You little bitch!" His fist shot out and she cried out with the force of the blow. "Filthy whore, letting whatever wants a touch at you." He punched her in the face, grabbed her by the hair. Yanking her hair back, he snarled in her face. "Knocked up, are you?" Punching her in the stomach, he kicked at her legs.

Stephen stopped what he was doing and looked around. "Katie?"

Susan waved a hand. "She went to pee."

"I thought I heard..." A cry had him ignoring his opponent, ignoring Grogek's commands and running off of the training yard, sword and shield still in hand. He had to find her, and NOW. He raced through the path and saw Katie's golden hair on the dirty ground, a man above her stomping on her side. Without thinking, he slammed the shield into the back of the man. The man toppled forward but did not collapse completely. Stephen had half a second to look down and notice that Katie was curled in a ball, unmoving, barely breathing.

Tossing the shield to the side, Stephen lunged at the man, sword at the ready. Several swings had his opponent on the ground, lifting his sword up, he prepared to strike the final blow. Something grabbed his ankle.

"Please... please don't... kill him." Katie gasped, before the world went black.

Stephen dropped his sword and, with extreme care, scooped Katie up into his arms. Grogek arrived in time to see Stephen lift Katie off the ground. "Help me."

Grogek shook his head. "I'll deal with the scum. Take her to Elunara, she is working from SI headquarters today."

Stephen nodded and began running. Ignoring calls and questions, he barreled his way into Elunara's office. "Save her! Save her, please!"

Elunara was up in an instant, rushing to help Stephen lay Katie on the floor. She ran her hands over the girl's body. "The hell happened?"

"I... I don't know. Some man attacked her. She told me not to kill him, so I didn't."

"So much damage..." Elunara's voice trailed off. "But your son is fine."

"Son? We're having a boy?"

"Yes. Oh, my poor girl. It'll take weeks for this to heal."

"How..." Stephen swallowed. "How bad is it?"

"At this point, it had to have been her determination to protect her baby to let the rest of her body take the brunt of the damage. Her arm is broken, ribs are cracked..." Elunara continued to run her hands over Katie's body and assess the damage as she healed what she could. "Her jaw is broken, internal bruising around the kidneys and other locations. I'm healing the bruising but it's going to hurt like hell when she wakes up again. Her nose is broken too. Dear Goddess, who was this man?" Looking at Stephen, she searched his face.

"I should have killed him." Stephen stood up and paced. "I will kill him."

The door opened and Grogek stepped in. "I have deposited the trash in the Stockades. How is she?"

"She's a complete mess. Basically, she curled in a ball and anywhere she could be hit or kicked has a bruise or a fractured bone." Elunara sighed and ran a hand over Katie's hair. "It'll take me and the other healers weeks to repair the damage."

"The baby?" Grogek frowned.

"Protected. Barely."

"Daddy?" Katie groaned.

Stephen stooped beside Katie. "Katie? Sweetheart?"

"St-Stephen?" Katie whimpered as she tried to move her body.

"Shh, sweetheart, don't try to move so much. Elunara is trying to heal you."

"Where is daddy?"

"That was your father?" He blinked down at her.

Grogek snorted. "Your 'daddy' is in the stockades. With his actions I felt it necessary to use Barbara's old cage."

Elunara nodded as she pumped her energy into Katie's torn body. "Just as I would have done. Of course, when I'm through..."

"NO! Please..." Katie struggled. "Don't kill my daddy, he didn't mean..."

"Katie!" Elunara's voice was sharp. "He beat you half to death and he nearly killed your baby. There yet may be damage I don't know about, and you want to defend that asshole? Sweetie, I love you to pieces, but you are thick. Don't defend him, ever."

"But..."

"No buts. You've lived here almost a year now. Have you seen any of us raise our hand in anger at each other?"

"No."

Stroking Katie's hair, Elunara sighed. "That man is a complete bastard, and I don't know what he was trying to do, but he broke your body. Now, I must heal it. Come, little lovely, let's get you to Ina so she can set your arm properly."

"I'll carry her." Stephen held out his arms.

"No. Sorry, lover, but only I can channel the healing energy into her body. I'm focusing on the bruises before the bones. I want Ina to set her properly before I accidentally heal something incorrectly."

Grogek put a hand on Stephen's shoulder. "You'll have your chance, let Elunara work."

"Yes, sir."

-----

A little over three weeks later, Katie sat on the bed and wiggled her feet as she tugged at the cast on her arm. Elunara's healing energy had gotten her most of the way, but parts of her body still ached. Watching Stephen get ready for the day, she sighed.

"What's wrong, my love?" Stephen looked at her in the mirror beside the small sink.

"Nothing." She frowned down at the cast.

Wiping off his face, he turned around and went to her, stooping down and looking up at her. "You can tell me anything."

"Why..." She hesitated. "Why do we not make love anymore?"

He chuckled and brushed her hair away from her face. "Because you, my fragile little flower, need to heal. Until Elunara tells me you're cleared for it, I won't jostle you around so much. Hell, I'd carry you everywhere if I wasn't afraid you'd get mad at me."

"But... I want you now."

Biting his lip, he looked away. With half a chuckle, he turned back to her. "Well, I know something that can ease your mood."

"Huh?"

Stephen tugged her face down to his and pressed his lips against hers, while his hands found the edge of her skirt. Pulling it up, he slid it back along her legs, gently bruising his fingers over bruised skin. "I hate that he marked you so."

"I..."

"Shh." He captured her mouth again and put a hand on her cheek. The other hand explored the soft texture of her thighs and moved towards the center of her. When his fingers slipped through those soft, wet curls, she gasped and he took advantage, neatly tucking his tongue in her mouth. His finger slipped in. Pulling his face back from hers, he grinned. "Mmm, you are soaked, Sweetheart."

"Please..."

"That word again." He groaned. Shifting so he was completely on his knees, he leaned forward and licked around his finger.

"Oh!" She gasped and grabbed wildly at his hair.

In and out he pumped his finger. As he pulled out the fingers, he would lick her wet juices off of his finger, before pressing back in. The other hand joined the first and he used his thumb to press and rub against that pink nub at the top. She bucked and shook under his attentions, but he ignored her nails digging into his scalp. Moving his finger out again, he used his thumbs to hold her open as he ran his tongue around the edges, licking the insides, pressing in completely, flicking and tasting. She called out several times, but he continued the torment. When at last her knees clamped around his head, he pulled back and grinned up at her.

Her flushed face was more than he could handle. "That was..."

Swiftly, he stood up. "You know, if I'm careful..."

"Wha...?"

He tugged his rock-hard erection out of his pants and tucked neatly into her open center. "Ah, just like this." He groaned. Wrapping his arms around her carefully, he pulled her into his embrace. She curled up against his chest, as he began to move his hips, gently rocking in and out of her clamping heat. His hands trailed down her back to her ass and he pulled her close to him, so his movements were tight and slow. "I love you, sweetheart." He whispered.

She nuzzled her face into his chest, lifting her legs so they were wrapped around his back. "I... I love you, too."

He looked down at her. "You mean it?"

Lifting her eyes to him, she smiled softly. "I do."

Brushing his lips against hers, whisper soft, he smiled back. "You have no idea how happy you make me." He continued to rock his hips in a slow rhythm, sliding in and out of her wet sheath.

Katie wrapped her good arm up around his neck. "Stephen?"

"Yeah, Sweetheart?"

"I want to marry you."

He slowed to a complete stop. "What?"

"I know you keep telling me I have to be sure, but the more I think about it, the more I don't see any other alternative."

Blinking rapidly, he shook his head. "Alternative?"

Pressing her cheek against his chest, she sighed. "That might not be the right word. I guess I'm saying that I want you in my life. I want you in my baby's life. I don't want you to go anywhere."

12