Forbidden Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DawnJ
DawnJ
325 Followers

He knew the minute she saw him, though. He was listening to Joe and Maria sharing a funny story from their early years together when the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. He looked up, and felt her eyes on him before his eyes met hers. She flushed deeply and looked away, and he felt as though he had been pole-axed. He swallowed some water, and cleared his throat, which remained dry.

"Excuse me!" he said, and stood up. "I'll be right back!"

He walked in her general direction, not knowing what he would do once he got to her table, but when he did, she had disappeared. He spared a glance for the woman she was with and saw she was an older version of Bronwyn. Her mother? An aunt? He couldn't spare another thought to that, but wound his way around to the restrooms, hoping to meet her coming out. She was just emerging from the ladies room when he walked around the corner. Their eyes collided, and Ben felt his breath hitch in his throat.

She was the most beautiful sight he had seen since the last time he had seen her. She wore a silk pantsuit, red with black trim, high heeled black pumps, and pretty red earrings. Her eyes glowed at him in the dim light, and he reached for her, unable to stop his impulse to touch her.

"Hi!" He couldn't for the life of him think of anything else to say.

She smiled, a small, shy smile. "Hi!" she replied, remaining perfectly still, as though she hoped he would remove his hand from her arm.

"How are you?" He brushed his thumb over the spot where it rested on her arm.

"I'm fine, thank you!" Her voice sounded strangled, as though she were choking.

He stared at her for a long moment, wishing he could kiss her breathless, and show her that he had not forgotten one second of their brief time together. But she was still a married woman, and he had broken his word once. He would not do it again. As if finally realizing that he was touching her, he dropped his hand and stepped aside.

"I guess you need to get back to your friend!" he said, his voice husky.

"She's my mother!" she answered. "And yes, I have to get back to her."

She looked up into his eyes and he saw a shadow of some emotion that she hid from him. She licked her lips, and he barely managed to stop himself from claiming her mouth right then. He stepped away from her, as she said,

"It's been very nice to see you again. I have to go now, Ben!"

The sound of his name on her lips wound him even more tightly than he already was, and he took a deep breath to steady himself. He felt the desire he had for her welling up inside him, and he knew his eyes told his story.

"It's so very good to see you, too, Bronwyn! You're beautiful as ever! And I..."

He stopped. If she could control the emotions she was clearly feeling, so could he. He eyed her full lips, and then raised his eyes to hers, telling her without words what he wanted. He watched her blush, and felt himself growing hot.

"Bye!" she said, her voice hoarse, and turned away, holding herself erect.

He watched her walk away from him, and turned into the men's room, not because he needed to be there, but because he needed the space to let out the breath he'd been holding, and to screw up his courage to go back and face his friends. She would be in his direct line of vision for the rest of the evening, until either he or she left. What sweet torture! He didn't know how he felt, then, when he got back to his table and saw that she was gone. He swore inwardly, and felt the ache he had when he got home return full force. He couldn't bear it, and he couldn't stay there another minute.

"Hey, guys, I'm sorry, something's come up, and I have to leave!" He looked Joe in the eye as he made his excuses, and then turned to Maria and Jan. "Sorry ladies! But it's been a very pleasant evening!" He looked back at Joe, and added, "I'll call you!"

Although it was still early when he got home, Ben stripped, took a shower, and sprawled naked across his king-sized bed. The cool air chilled him, but he bore it, as his thoughts of Bronwyn heated him from the inside out. He felt his body stirring as he thought of her as she looked in that red suit, and thought of stripping her to her beautiful soft skin. How would she feel under him? What would make her cry out for him? He saw her face, suffused with color as he kissed her, and felt her mouth on his, her tongue stroking his, her breath warming his face.

He woke with a start when the clock radio blared on...it was morning, but he was not ready to jump back in. The loneliness of his bed was suddenly more than he could bear, the emptiness of his arms more painful. God, she wasn't here!

He made himself get up, throw on a ratty old robe and walk downstairs for the morning ritual. Make the coffee, wash his face and brush his teeth in the powder room off the garage, then toast a half a bagel, spread bitter on it, bite into an apple, pour himself a cuppa, watch the news while he ate. He was due in his office at nine, but the clock on the wall said 5:40. Almost three more hours before he needed to get dressed. He forced himself to watch the news, then changed channles to watch a show on Discovery about endangered species.

***************

In her own kitchen an hour away, Bronwyn sipped hot chocolate and thought about the man whom she had thought gone from her life forever. She'd seen him again far sooner than planned, and he was just as lethal to her self-control and libido as he had been at the hotel. She had wanted him to seduce her with his words, with his touch, with his lips, but she knew he was holding himself in check, trying not to break the promise he had made. She knew she ought to be glad he had exercised such restraint in the restaurant, but she wished he had forgotten himself just a little.

Maybe she would see him again... She shivered at the thought...

DawnJ
DawnJ
325 Followers
12