Forever Again Ch. 08

Story Info
Hundreds of years have passed and the world is changing.
14.2k words
4.88
50.3k
20

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/13/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This story depicts graphic lesbian sex, female masturbation, incest between twin sisters, vampirism and mind control. If these topics do not interest you or are prohibited in your area please back out now.

This is the eighth installment of a long story. Those that have read my other stories will know that I tend to have some story behind the sex so if you're looking for a quickie this story may not be to your liking.

My apologies to those who have been awaiting the next chapter. Sometimes life has a way of getting in the way. I hope this latest installment of Vala's journey will be worth the wait.

For those of you that haven't backed out, I hope you will enjoy my words.

~CD

Chapter Eight

Another Time...

Berlin, German Empire, 1913

Rae sat on the small balcony and looked out over the darkened skyline. Night was well down over the city and all was peaceful, or at least as peaceful as a city the size of Berlin ever got. There was no one walking on the streets below and the last streetcar had passed over an hour ago. Somewhere off in the distance she thought she just caught a hint of music. Not constantly, just intermittently, a snatch of melody when the wind was just right. It made her smile. Life. The night was alive if you knew where to look and were patient. Rae knew where to look and over the last three centuries she had come to know patience well.

Her eyes drifted slowly, almost hesitantly up to the stars overhead. The air was crystal clear tonight and they gleamed brightly, exactly the same as they had always been. The same as they had on that first night she had lain with Vala all those years ago.

She held out her hand and studied it in the darkness. Smooth and flawless as a newborn babe. She knew it should not be so. Years of hard work growing up in the lumber camps with her father had left her hands rough and scarred in many places. But the scars were all gone, just as her former life was. Thoughts of her former life made her think of her father and a familiar lump formed in the back of her throat. It was a lump long softened by time, but it was still there.

She blinked back a single tear and thought, Can it really have been three hundred years since you died, Papa? Has all this really happened to me? She wondered for not the first time what her father would think of her if he could see her now. Sitting on the balcony of the huge mansion in the heart of Berlin, only a few blocks from the Kaiser's Palace, wearing a beautiful gown and jewels that cost more than small town. A proper woman of court, a Lady... a Vampire.

Her predator's hearing picked up a whisper of movement from inside her rooms and she turned to look. Even with her superior night vision she could only see a dim shape moving through her rooms in her direction. She didn't bother to get up, even without seeing the face she knew who it was. After three centuries together she knew the way the woman moved all too well. "Come join me Vala, the night is beautiful." Rae called softly.

Vala walked out onto the balcony, smiled at Rae and went to stand at the railing. She breathed in deeply, held it for a long moment the let it out with a contented sigh. "Yes, it is lovely." She stood there in silence for so long that Rae wondered if she had a reason for coming to see her at all. Did she have news or not?

In the silence Rae studied her longtime friend and lover. Vala was just as breathtaking now as she had been on the day they had first met all those centuries ago. Even dressed as she had been long ago, in clothes that were little more than dirty rags, disheveled and sweaty from helping out with chores at the lumber camp she had still been beautiful. Her hair had shown like spun gold and her eyes were as deep as midnight. Rae hadn't been initially been attracted to her in any physical way. Before that first night together she had never even considered lying with another woman. But even so, she had been able to appreciate Vala's great beauty on that first day so long ago.

But now... now... Rae couldn't help herself from staring at Vala. Since her transformation into a vampire all those centuries ago, Vala had somehow grown even more beautiful as the years and decades rolled slowly past. Standing there at the rail, dressed in an expensive gown, wearing fine jewelry, her long hair brushed until it gleamed in the moonlight she was more achingly lovely than any other woman Rae had seen in her long life.

The silence dragged out for several moments as Rae admired Vala silently while waiting for her to continue. Eventually the silence outlived even Rae's long practiced patience and she clucked her tongue in irritation, "Well?" she prompted.

"Yes?" Vala asked distractedly without looking over.

Rae tried without much success to suppress her irritation, "Did the Mistress come back with any news?"

Vala sighed again but this time Rae could detect a hint of strain in her voice. "Yes."

Rae waited for several long moments and was just on the verge of another prompting when Vala spoke again.

"War."

"War?" Rae breathed disbelievingly. Could it really happen? Yes, she chided herself. Of course it could happen. It had happened countless times in the past and it would undoubtedly happen countless times again. But it had been years since the last major conflict and Rae had grown used to the calm. "What does the Mistress say?"

With a shrug Vala said "That war is coming and soon. Within a year she thinks. She spoke with the Kaiser over dinner and he basically confirmed it. Of course he rambled on for hours about the glory and valor of battle and the gallantry of men and the honor of the Empire and all that nonsense. But she finally got him to admit that yes, plans are in motion and that war is coming, soon."

"When?"

"That part is not certain. Not yet, that is all he would say. She got the impression that they weren't ready yet but that's just her speculation."

"Who is it to be, France or Russia?" Rae asked, not really sure if she wanted an answer.

Vala hesitated a moment before looking sidelong at Rae then turning to look back out over the darkened cityscape. She sighed and said softly, "Both."

"Both!?" Rae exclaimed. "How can it be both?"

Vala smiled wanly. "The Mistress asked the same thing. The Kaiser said, 'Fear not My Lady,'" Vala imitated his deep voice and mimicked one of his customary extravagant one-handed gestures, "'for we have a plan that cannot fail. The greater glory of German is all but assured and I shall be the ruler of the greatest empire the world has seen in an age!'" Vala shook her head and grimaced. "Fool."

"Yes." Rae had to agree. She looked out over the city again. "What will happen?"

Vala shrugged again, "War."

Rae clucked her tongue again and said with a bit of a snap, "I know that, but what kind of war?"

Vala paused before speaking, considering, "The Mistress says it will be long and brutal. The bloodiest war the world has yet known. She thinks these fool generals can only see the glory of it all and are ignoring the new world we live in. She says it will last for years and cost millions of lives. She said it may destroy us all."

Rae sat staring at Vala in shocked awe. Finally she whispered, "How does she know this? How can she know more than the generals and rulers of empires?"

"How does she know anything?" Vala asked. "She has lived far longer than you or I could even dream and she is far more powerful than you or I will ever be. She knows things, she sees things in the night, she hears things whispered in the dark, and she knows of the dreams of men. I cannot explain it, but we have both seen it too often to dismiss it. If she says there is to be war and it is to be horrible, then it will be."

Rae didn't want to believe but Vala was right and in her heart, she knew the Mistress was as well. Germany, in fact all of Europe was pregnant with war. It was only a matter of time. "So what will we do?"

"Leave."

Rae figured as much. "Where will we go to? London?"

"No, the Mistress thinks the war will find its way there as well. New York."

"America?" Rae gasped. She had visited New York only once and thought it to be a grand city, to visit. The city was huge and the people uncountable. It had all seemed so full of activity and so... alive. But to live there? She wasn't so sure. Rae got up and went to stand beside Vala at the railing. They stood for a long time in silence, looking out over the city that they both had come to call home. It would be hard to leave. "She is sure?" Rae finally asked, her voice catching in her throat. Vala looked over at her smiling that small, tight smile Rae knew so well.

"Do you really need to even ask that?"

Rae shook her head slowly, "No, I suppose not. If the Mistress said it, she is sure."

They both lapsed into silence for a time. After a few minutes Vala turned to look up at Rae. "You're quiet, that's not like you."

Rae shook her head and looked down but still didn't speak.

Cocking her head to the side, Vala studied Rae as she slid closer. "Rae?" she said softly.

Finally Rae looked up at her longtime friend, confidant and lover. Rae's eyes were wet with tears.

Rae could see concern blossom in Vala's dark eyes as she was gripped by the shoulders and pulled close. "What is it Rae? Whatever is the matter?"

Shaking her head, Rae sighed. "I don't know. I was sitting out here remembering the past, thinking about how I, how we, got here. Remembering the people that are gone." She shook her head. "And now with war coming and we have to leave..." she shook her head again. Brushing away the tears she turned and looked back out over the darkened cityscape. After a period of silence she said softly, almost whispering, "I've just been thinking a lot lately about what I really gave up for this... life." Her final word was bitter with irony. "My Dadda, a family, maybe a child or two." She looked at Vala and forced a smile. "Maybe three or four." She looked up at Vala and whispered as a tear rolled down her cheek, "I always thought I would have been a good mother."

Vala smiled comfortingly at her friend and stroked her arm. "You would have been a wonderful mother."

Swallowing hard, Rae continued, "I suppose I was just feeling melancholy tonight, alone up here in the dark and then you come in talking about war again." Rae sighed and looked out into the darkness. After a minute of silence she said quietly, "I don't know Vala, maybe there is a reason people don't live this long. Maybe after a while the centuries of memories just become too much for anyone to bear. Sometimes I just feel so...so alone."

"You're never alone Rae." Pulling her in closer, Vala stroked the top of her head and shushed her gently. "Don't worry Rae, it will all be fine. The Mistress and I will be with you. All of us will." She placed her hands on the side of Rae's face and gently turned her so she was looking into Vala's bottomless black eyes. "I'll always be here for you Rae, you know that. Always, Rae." She kissed her softly on the forehead, "Always."

Swallowing back a sob that wanted to escape, Rae pulled Vala into a fierce hug. She whispered in her ear, "Thank you Vala, you have always been so good to me." She sniffled. "You know, I don't remember if I ever told you this, but do you remember when I left you at the Mistress's estate all those years ago?"

"Of course." Vala said. "How could I ever forget?"

"Well, after I left you there, I thought of you every day. At night I even dreamed of you. I imagined you coming back to me one day, saying how much you missed me, how much you wanted us to be together. It hurt my heart knowing that it would never really happen. Many a night I cried myself to sleep thinking of what I might have lost with you." She wiped away a tear. "It seemed so ridiculous at the time, after all, we had only known each other a few days at the time but you had changed something in me that first night. Awoken something in me. Now I know what happened of course..." As she spoke she ran her finger along Vala's lips. Gently she pushed Vala's mouth open slightly exposing her fangs, razor sharp even when retracted. "...you took me."

Vala started to say something but Rae quieted her with a gentle finger to her lips. "Ssssh." She whispered. When Vala acquiesced she resumed running a finger lovingly over Vala's gleaming white fangs. "So beautiful." She whispered. With slight movement, Rae pricked the tip of her finger on the needle like point of Vala's fang, drawing a single drop of brilliant crimson that glistened in the starlight. Watching in almost hypnotic fascination she touched the drop of her blood to Vala's tongue.

The reaction was instantaneous. At the taste of blood, even Rae's undead blood, Vala's instinct to feed sprang to life and her fangs extended to their full length. Vala hissed as she sucked in a surprised breath. "Why did you do that?" She asked, her fangs giving her words a slight hiss.

Rae again quieted her lover with a finger on her lips then went back to caressing her lover's now elongated fangs. The long curved teeth were wickedly sharp. They looked cruel, deadly, and in their own way, beautiful.

"You took me on that first night in the mountains. You used your powers to take over my mind. To control me..." Rae said slowly looking up into Vala's eyes, "...to possess me."

"I didn't even know..." Vala tried to protest.

Rae shushed her again. "I know you didn't. You didn't know what was happening to you. You were scared and alone. I think in a way we both were. So the fates drew us together so we wouldn't be alone." She looked into Vala's eyes. "Just like they brought you and the Mistress back together after all those centuries. You were meant to be together." She paused, "And I think in a way, we were meant to be together too."

She continued in a soft, breathy voice that was just barely above a whisper. "The night you finally came back for me and offered me eternity, to make me like you, to let me be with you forever, that was the happiest day of my life. I would have given anything to be with you again."

Another tear rolled down Rae's cheek and she looked down. "I know I'll never mean as much to you as the Mistress does, but I hope that..." her voice quivered and she stopped. Taking a deep breath she tried again, "I hope you... I... I just want you to know how much you mean to me. Since that first night together you've never been out of my thoughts for a single day. I... I love you Vala."

Vala sat silent for a long moment, considering her words carefully before speaking, "I love you to Rae. I think I always have. From the first time I saw you, you seemed so confident and self-assured. Even in that lumber camp full of all those rough woodsmen, no one would dare cross you. You were too strong for any of them. You were beautiful in your strength and in your confidence." After a pause she continued, "I don't think my heart is so small that I can't love who I want to. I do love the Mistress, but that doesn't mean I don't love you as well. Maybe my love for her isn't the same as my love for you but why does that matter? It doesn't mean my love for you is any smaller or less meaningful, only different. I care for you, you care for me, that should be enough."

"But what if you had to choose?" Rae asked.

"Why must I choose? The Mistress does not care who I choose to love as long as I love her. She is not jealous. The fates know she has many lovers besides me. Yes we are bonded but that does not exclude me from giving my love to others," she touched Rae's chin, making her look into her eyes, "from giving my love to you." She kissed Rae tenderly, "I'll never leave you Rae, I swear it."

Rae's lips quivered at the promise but she smiled a little. "I know." She whispered. "I know, but I just needed to hear you say it tonight." She kissed Vala back. "Thank you."

Vala ran her hand down Rae's cheek to the side of her neck, her fingers touching in just the right places.

Rae sighed with pleasure. "You do that so well." She purred.

A smile curled the corners of Vala's mouth. "I've had three hundred years to practice." The fingers probed behind Rae's ears driving another sigh, this one closer to a growl.

Vala leaned in close and whispered in Rae's ear, "Perhaps I should show you just how devoted to you I really am." She started at the top of Rae's ear and kissed her way down planting small, wet kisses till she reached the earlobe. With her tongue she deftly pulled the lobe into the mouth and tenderly worried the sensitive skin.

Groaning, Rae grabbed a handful of Vala's hair and held her friend and lover in close. "You're so good."

Stroking one of Rae's heavy breasts Vala said "Like I said, I've had a lot of practice." Her fingers found the hardening nipple even through the heavy material of Rae's fine dress and gently but firmly gripped the sensitive nub.

Rae squirmed.

Vala smiled. "You always did have such wonderfully, deliciously, sensitive breasts." She gave the nipple a firmer squeeze.

Rae gasped softly.

Still kissing and nibbling on Rae's ear and skillfully using only one hand, Vala started to unbutton the dozens of small pearl buttons running down the back of Rae's dress. In only a few moments the gown was loose and Vala slid a hand inside. The bustiere was sewn into the dress and Rae was naked under it. Vala cupped the heavy fullness of Rae's large breast. Her nipple was already hard and the areole was tight with her building excitement. Slowly, Vala's talented fingers traced the sensitive skin making Rae whimper with need.

"Please Vala, I need you so badly tonight." Rae said earnestly. "Please..."

Moving down, pulling the gown down with her, Vala placed a kiss between Rae's breasts. "Anything for you my love." She kissed one of the big nipples, "Anything."

Lips, cool and firm, wrapped around Rae's hard nipple, pulling it in. A tongue, smooth and wet slid around it, rolled it and caressed it. Rae moaned. One hand held the back of Vala's neck, her fingers gripping the silky blond hair while her free hand went to her other breast and she gave herself a firm squeeze. Vala was certainly right about her having sensitive breasts. Pleasure rolled through her as she looked down at Vala, watching as her love suckled her.

For several minutes Vala worried Rae's large, hard nipples, moving deftly between the two, leaving trails of wet, sucking kisses around each mound, down through the valley between and back up to the smooth pink areole of the other mount. Rae's moaning was becoming louder and more frantic with each wet caress. Vala's hand had also begun to roam farther and farther afield, sliding down Rae's back to fondle her backside. Rae shivered as she felt Vala's fingers making their way slowly, teasingly around under her bottom, making their way ever closer to her center.

With a final, soft kiss between Rae's breasts, Vala stopped and looked up at Rae. Their eyes locked and once again Rae fell into the bottomless black void of Vala's incredibly dark eyes. Rae shivered and watched breathlessly as Vala stood up and backed away. With quick efficient movements Vala unbuttoned her gown. It slipped noiselessly down to pool around her feet. Her corset and smallclothes were likewise removed and then Vala stood before her, nude as the air except for shoes and jewelry. Even after all these years Rae was still taken aback by Vala's striking beauty. "By all the Gods Vala, you're beautiful." She whispered.

Wordlessly Vala gave a small, almost shy smile of appreciation. She came up to Rae stopping just as their breasts touched. Leaning in, she kissed Rae softly, then pulling back she smiled another small smile that just showed just the barest hint of her still elongated fangs.