Forgotten Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carol felt her blood rise at that last part; Mike will just have to see the light when it came to the little harlot. "It sounds lovely," she lied, "When is it?"

"Saturday, but knowing dad he will start Friday night," Gwen was getting quite annoyed with the nosey red-head, "Janis is also pregnant so my parents are really excited."

"I can't wait to meet them," Carol said, inviting herself.

"Sorry," Gwen grinned, "Family only."

"Oh sweetie," Carol smiled back, "I am practically family."

@}-,-'-

Friday morning saw Mike packing the luggage back into the car, Dada stood with Shell who was yawning and munching on a breakfast burrito. "It is a shame to see you leave so soon, dearest Michelle," Dada sighed, "Having you around has been a delight."

"We hardly left our room," Shell stated, confused as to what the large beauty had said.

"But you have not been like other guests, you kept to yourselves and were always polite to my mates and I, other weres who do not have mates are not so considerate."

"Okay," Shell looked back at Mike who was closing the boot; he looked to be as annoyed about the shortened holiday as she was. "I do hope we can come back again soon."

"Summer here is beautiful," Dada smiled, "Convince Mike to bring you back mid January, the weather is perfect then."

"Book us in, I'll make him bring me back," Shell giggled at her mock authoritative tone.

"I knew that the girls were really dominant in the wolf pack," Dada laughed loudly with Shell.

"You two look like your having a good time," Mike commented as he approached them.

"We're coming back here in January," Shell told him, "I've already told Dada we will be back then."

"Oh you did, did you?" Mike chuckled, "We need to get going if we want to get there on time."

Shell gave Dada a hug and climbed into the car; Mike gave her a shake of his hand and joined his mate. With a honk of the horn they were off home.

@}-,-'-

Shell visibly shuddered when the looming gates to the compound came into view; she had avoided returning here since she left a couple of weeks earlier. She had silently vowed never to return to this nightmarish place, the idea of an entire population who could turn into werewolves freaked her out. She still did not like the idea of being one herself. There were times she could pretend that the whole werewolf world did not exist, that she and Michael were a normal couple doing normal things, something she could not do heading into the wolf den.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked her when he noticed she had gone very quiet.

Shell jumped at his question, startled out of her thoughts, "Fine," she replied quickly. She felt guilty for not letting him know how scared she was about this party, this was his family after all and if he knew how she felt would crush him.

"No need to be nervous," he reassured her, "Well, not at first, once my mother and sisters meet you they will want to know everything about you."

"Okay," Shell did not like the sound of that, were the women of this pack so nosy? She resigned to the fact that females in general liked to gossip and information on the new girl was like currency, it reminded Shell as to why she distanced herself from most women, they never talked about what she wanted to talk about. Other people's lives held no interest with her and sharing her own with strangers was more terrifying than meeting a community of werewolves.

Clutching her hand, Mike guided Shell in through the grand entrance into the large open foyer. It was empty, much to Shell's relief. "Come on," Mike tugged her up the sweeping staircase to the second floor and guided her along a balcony to another doorway. "This is the family dining room," he educated her and opened it.

Shell's eyes bulged at the sight of a large table filled with children with the apparent age of around three years through to teens and adults, all female with the exception of two, a Mediterranean looking man, who sat with a heavily pregnant woman, and another that looked like Mike's brother. It was loud and boisterous, and messy, and absolutely horrific. Food was everywhere, some of the little girls were laughing, others were crying or screaming, and Shell looked towards Mike, unable to hide the terror in her eyes. He seemed delighted at the sight and begun to guide her towards two free chairs near the adult end of the table. The chairs were covered with what looked like mashed peas, gravy and diced carrot.

"Here, let me clean that for you," Mike offered and grabbed a napkin from the table and began to wipe the vomit looking substance off the chair, "Kids huh?"

"Huh?" the fear lacing her voice was clear to hear, for the first time in her life she was glad she was not a parent, not if they were like this. She sat down on the mostly cleaned seat and looked cautiously around her; the noise had ceased and every pair of eyes were on her. She could not look anywhere without meeting someone's gaze, the experience was unnerving.

"Everyone," Mike greeted his family with a loud and clear voice, a little too loud for Shell's liking, "This is Michelle, my mate."

She was expecting a cheer or a welcome of some variety but everyone just stared, Shell figured she should say something, much to her displeasure. "Um ... hi," she waved at everyone, the feeling reminiscent of her first day of school when she moved to town, still that desire to run away and hide out of sight. Without warning the room erupted in a dizzying commotion of greetings and touching, Shell felt like she was drowning. Without thinking she stood up and began to struggle for the door, her breath becoming shallow and rapid, her vision swirling and going dark, she couldn't breathe at all. "Mike?" She struggled to call, but her voice was so weak he could not hear her. She felt herself falling when a pair of strong hands caught her and pulled her from the frenzy.

"I've got you," an unknown female voice said, "They are an overwhelming bunch."

Shell's vision began to return when she became aware that the crowd had disappeared, she looked up to see a kindly face with a warm smile, "I'm Mollie, Michael's mother." She held Shell steady on her feet, "How are you feeling?"

Shell took a few deep breaths, "Better," she sighed, regaining her balance gradually, "Sorry."

"No need, sweetie," Mollie comforted her, "They are quite rowdy."

"I don't do crowds to well," Shell explained, "I had no idea your family would be so large."

Mollie laughed, "That was not all of them, and many of the older ones are off getting an education or working around the world."

Shell stared at her in disbelief, "All your children? I thought some were extended family."

"All bar the two other males were my girls," Mollie smiled proudly, "I always wanted daughters, Bill always wanted sons, and the gods chose to listen to me."

"Michelle!" Mike called frantically, racing from the now quiet dining room, "I was worried."

"Shame on you, Michael Wesley Patterson," Mollie scolded him, "The poor girl does not have much experience nor love of large gatherings, what were you thinking?"

Mike opened his mouth and closed it again, reminding Shell of a goldfish. Feeling sorry for him she spoke, "It's my fault, I didn't tell him."

"Don't protect him dearie," Mollie quipped, "He's a big boy, he should know better."

"Mother," Mike growled, "I had no idea she did not like large gatherings."

"Don't growl at your mum," Michelle chided her mate, "That's just rude."

"Thank you, Michelle," Mollie appreciated her defence as Mike had been getting a little out of hand. "It's one thing to pick a fight with your father over Michelle's injuries, but to start one with me because I was helping is just not on young man!" Mike began to snarl at her, "Keep that up and I'll slap it right off your face!"

Mike shut up instantly, the sudden change amusing Shell to no end. "I think I'm okay now," she announced to distract the tension building in the hallway.

"I think an early night is needed," Mollie suggested, "I'm going to give that lot in there an earful for their behaviour." She pushed the door open and entered the dining room again, "Right you lot!" Mike and Shell heard her yell in a commanding voice, effectively silencing everyone.

"We should get out of here," Mike suggested, pulling Shell along with him.

"What about dinner?" Shell asked him, her feet moving fast to keep up.

"I'll get an omega to bring something up," he answered.

@}-,-'-

After a night of eating, lovemaking and now a much needed soak in the tub, Shell felt much better. She dozed lightly in the hot water as Mike ordered breakfast. It was strange to live in such a way, Shell felt a little awkward about people living only to serve others, it was draconian. She had to pretend she was living in a five star resort just so she could cope with the extra attention. Though, when they were preparing for their private meal the previous night, Shell got the freight of her life. She had to change out of the clothing she had worn earlier while Mike had gone down to the kitchen to get dinner. She had removed all bar the skimpy underwear Mike had insisted she wore. The lilac lace set had been a gift form her mate, one of the many items he had bought for her, she still felt very self-conscious in it. Standing in the middle of the room about to remove the last of her clothing when a couple of women entered to help her dress; Without knocking, the two had entered like it was their god given right, then they just stood there watching her! Shell screamed at them to leave as she covered herself. They would not go, telling her that it was their duty to help her dress and undress. Shell had to resort to physical violence and explicit language to get rid of them, throwing everything that was not nailed or bolted down at them whilst yelling profanities, they eventually got the message.

Later when Mike had returned he gave her a lecture on what was expected of her in the pack, making her feel like a five year old child, still she stood up to him declaring that she had managed for so long without being waited on hand and foot. The memory still made her blood boil, the women tried several more times to enter their private chambers, each time Michelle fought them off and paid with another lecture. Eventually she won, Mike telling the women not to bother them again. Shell still felt a sense of victory over it.

"Are you ready to play nice yet?" Mike asked Shell as he entered the bathroom.

"I can play nice," Shell answered innocently, "Providing my privacy is left alone." She matched the tone of her voice with the sweetest smile she could muster.

"Shell," Mike crouched next to the bath, "The women you attacked ..."

"I did not attack them," Michelle protested, "I defended myself from an intrusion."

"They were doing what is expected of them," Mike raised his voice, drowning out her objection, "You are going to be the next Alpha female of this pack one day. You need to be more understanding."

She glared at him, "I do not like being watched whilst naked by strangers, call me old fashioned, but it is not what ranks on my fun list."

"Nudity is natural for us, Shell," he brushed a strand of hair from her face, "My own sister chose a public mating when she joined with her mate, in the theatre for all to see."

Shell shuddered at that thought, "I would not feel comfortable in doing that, either the display or watching it."

"You will adapt," he comforted her, "You won't even think about it in the end."

Shell huffed her displeasure, "If you think so."

"Yes, I do," he stood up, "Now, we have a party to go to and my father has asked us not to be late."

"Can I please get drunk to cope with it?" Shell asked sweetly.

Mike shook his head disapprovingly, "No."

@}-,-'-

Michelle looked ethereal in the flowing white gown and her hair pinned up giving her the appearance of a Roman goddess, complete with distain in her eyes. Michael had forced her to accept the women's help in dressing for the party, and yes they had made her look beautiful but she was not going to let him know how she felt. The women had worked magic on her appearance and she was genuinely impressed by it.

"Try to look happy to be here," Mike begged her once he saw the cold expression in her eyes, "This is your family now, don't do this."

Shell clenched her teeth as to not give in, it was true, these people were her family now, but she was not ready to just give in, that would be weak. "Remember, I was not given a choice here," Shell calmly spoke, not letting the underlying mirth at her mate's discomfort affect her, "We were summoned here like lap dogs."

"We are here because this celebration is for my sister and brother-in-law," Mike hissed through clenched teeth, his temper flaring at her apparent disapproval.

"Mike," she whispered, "I should call you piranha, you will snap at anything," she gave him a sly grin which left him unnerved and confused, right where he should be.

"Is this punishment for what I have put you through?" Mike asked sheepishly, giving her a smile that would normally have melted through the tough exterior she had put up.

"Oh, darling," Shell's grin widened, "When I punish you, you'll know about it." Mike's smile dropped away, how had she turned the table so quickly? Not wanting to cause a scene he kept his mouth shut. Shell looked back out over the gathering crowd when she noticed two large people walking towards her; one looked distinctly Viking and the other of Native American heritage.

"Princess," Tala greeted Shell with a warm smile, one that was familiar. "You are looking well." Shell looked at her; an eyebrow rose questioning the familiarity the woman talked to her with. "I'm Tala and this is my mate Fenrir." She waited for the realisation to dawn on her.

"My dogs?" Shell shrieked. Tala nodded, stifling a laugh at her reaction.

"Before we were your pets we were your friends and body guards," Fenrir explained, moving in behind Tala and holding her close. "I'll admit, I was not pleased to hear you had mated with Michael Patterson, but he is perfect for you and this pack rocks."

Shell still could not believe that the couple that stood in front of her were her two spoiled dogs. "If I had known you were not dogs I would have given you better food," Shell admitted, "I'm sorry."

"You were very generous with our food," Fenrir reassured her, grinning; "You fed us better than yourself."

"Yes, Missy," Tala agreed, "You had better not be eating like a sparrow now." She crossed her arms like a disapproving parent.

"She is eating better," Mike informed them, "With any luck she's eating for more than herself."

"With any luck, our pups will play together," Fenrir grinned, his hand rubbing Tala's abdomen, "Once we get a few things sorted out."

@}-,-'-

The afternoon wore on, Shell sat and talked to Tala and Fenrir about Dawnlight, learning as much about the place she grew up in as she could before the guests of honour showed up. Shell had been informed about Janis and her Andalusian Vampire mate and their imminent parenthood; the couple would be a nice distraction for the pack from attention towards her. Eventually they appeared from the maternity wing of the manor, Janis looking so swollen she looked ready to burst.

"They expect the pups to arrive any day now," Tala whispered to Shell.

"How many is she having?" Shell asked, surprised the woman could move at all.

"You're guess is as good as mine," Tala shook her head is wonder that Janis could move easily with the heavy weight out front.

Once the pack saw the Alpha's eldest daughter and her mate they cheered and the party truly began. Food erupted over every flat surface and the beverages flowed like a river to every thirsty mouth. Shell tried to get a glass of wine, but every omega who opted to work knew not to give her any. Trying hard not to lose her temper with the fifth rejected attempt she turned away, taking several deep breaths.

"They won't let me have any either," Janis complained, "But it will all be worth it in the end." Shell looked up into Janis's warm gaze. "I have been looking forward to meeting you, the woman who could tame my wild brother."

"Are you talking about Michael? Or is there another brother I have yet to meet?" Shell had to ask, she knew Michael had a rather varied social life before he laid his claim on her, but she never considered him wild.

"Oh, I think I may have planted a seed for a future argument," Janis sheepishly swayed like a naughty child, "He wasn't that bad, just," she paused, contemplating what to say, "Young."

Shell snorted, "You know any of his ex's? I unfortunately work with one, she is psycho."

Janis laughed, "Men! Can't trust them, but we love 'em."

Shell conceded, "True, but we make them suffer anyway."

"As we should," Janis agreed, grinning proudly at her brother's choice of mate, glad he finally would settle down and start a family. "I like you Shell, you're a funny and intelligent wolf and I would very much like us to be close friends."

Shell was taken aback by the statement, "Okay, but I haven't had many friends, I've been focused on research."

"Well, I'll change that," she reached for a couple of glasses of fruit juice from a passing omega and handed Shell one, "Life is more than just business, we have hundreds of years to live and if we do so without fun what's the point?"

"I'm passionate about saving an endangered species," Shell explained, "I created an artificial womb so more babies could be gestated without endangering the mothers. I am currently gestating over thirty Tasmanian Devil joeys. Once they are born they will be handed over to wildlife experts to care for them until they reach maturity."

"Wow, I can see why you're enthusiastic about your work," Janis genuinely admired Shell's dedication, "I wish I met you earlier before I fell pregnant, you could have leant me the artificial womb so I could still get drunk." She giggled at the thought.

"I haven't tested it on Eutherials larger than the lab mice," Shell disclosed, "It is perfect for marsupials though."

"Impressive none the less," Janis rubbed her belly lovingly; "I have a thought, would you like to be one of my birthing partners when the time come?"

Shell's eyes bulged at the request, "Um, sure."

"Fantastic," She hugged Shell as easily as she could, her belly getting in the way of a direct embrace. "Don't go too far from the house, it shouldn't be too long."

"Do I need to do anything or get anything?" Shell asked, not really knowing what she had just agreed to.

"Just yourself, anything after that is whatever is needed at the time," Janis shrugged. "It could get a little crazy."

"Great," Shell said as enthusiastically as she could, though doubt was starting to set in.

@}-,-'-

"I can't believe I let you talk me into bringing you," Gwen grumbled as she pulled up out the front of family manor in her hatchback.

Carol took in the view of the grand house, "Your family is wealthier than I anticipated," she said in awe.

"Don't get any stupid ideas," Gwen warned Carol, "If you so much talk to someone near either Shell or Mike I am throwing you out."

"I understand," Carol acknowledged, not intending to actually follow the rules set upon her. She had worked hard on getting Gwen to allow her to come along, even buying her lunch and gifts and she would be damned if she did not use this chance to convince Mike he had made a mistake in choosing Shell.

"Good," Gwen huffed, "I really wanted to bring someone else and if you do anything to make me regret my choice, I will make you regret it."

They entered through the main entrance into a packed crowd of people enjoying the music and food, Carol was in awe at the hedonistic sight. Everyone was dancing, drinking and eating the most indulgent pastries and meats Carol had ever seen. She had lost her motive for being there at that moment. Feeling like she had dressed cheaply amongst everyone, she self-consciously moved towards the nearest table covered with savoury delights and helped herself.