Forgotten Love

Story Info
Going home empty handed isn't always as bad as you expect.
3.2k words
4.49
18.9k
5
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my entry for the 2008 Valentine's Day Story Contest, the winner of which is solely decided by the votes of the readers. So please, enjoy this entry and then, please, take the time to vote and leave a comment on what you thought.

Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to vote and thank you to OneLustyWench for her editing input.

* * *

It was the end of another long day at work as Roger wearily climbed into the car and turned the key. The engine fired right up, the defroster threw a blast of air onto the windshield that bounced off and into his face and the radio began to squawk.

"Another Valentine's Day, as lovers everywhere give it their best efforts to impress that special someone in their life," the DJ said. "Fancy dinners, big bouquets of roses, beautiful jewelry and, of course, that pretty card filled with romantic sentiments you could never write on your own. So my question to listeners out there is what have you done for your special person?"

As the words sunk in, Roger's head dropped -- his chin hitting his chest as his eyes squeezed shut.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," he said. "It's six o'clock on Valentine's Day and I haven't done a fucking thing. Diane is going to kill me."

So his mind began to work through the list he had just heard. Fancy dinners -- he could do that. So Roger went back inside and took the elevator up to his office. Flipping open his rolodex he started calling restaurants.

"Sorry sir, but we are booked solid for the evening," the voices all seemed to tell him. "This IS Valentine's Day sir. We've been booked for well over a week."

After almost a dozen calls telling him the same thing, Roger hung up the phone and just screamed. He was sure people were probably looking at him strangely after that -- and they probably would have been if there was anyone left in the office.

This had always been Roger's weak spot. He was great at dealing with the big picture, charting out the major plans. The skill had made him a lot of money in the business world, as he had a knack for seeing how things would come together and land multi-million dollar deals based on things no one else seemed to be able to see.

But it was the details that always seemed to kill him. He always seemed to forget birthdays and anniversaries. He did his Christmas shopping every year on Christmas Eve afternoon. He even knew which specialty stores stayed open late, as he had often had to stop and pick up things like a nice bottle of wine or some kind of housewarming gift on his way to a party at around eight or nine at night after Diane had elbowed him in the ribs for forgetting again.

Here he was again. No gift, no plans and not even a card. This time though, it looked like he was fucked ... and he knew it. More importantly, he knew that if he didn't figure something out, and do it quickly, it was going to be a very, very long time before he actually did get fucked again.

Back to the rolodex, this time trying florists. Roses and a card might be enough to save his ass -- at least that was what he was hoping.

Unfortunately, he fared no better than he had with restaurants. By this time, most florists were already closed for the day and the few that were left were not only out of roses, but almost every kind of flower he could remember that she liked.

"Fuck!" he screamed into the darkness, literally pounding his fists down on to his desk. "Why can't anything fucking work out?"

Making matters worse, as he pounded his fists down that final time he got a glance of the clock. It was already a quarter after seven. He should have been home over an hour ago, had at least a 30 minute drive to get home and he was still empty handed.

For some reason, Roger decided to turn the radio back on. They were talking about what people were doing to celebrate Valentine's Day and maybe they could give him an idea. If they didn't, he was figuring he might as well just start making plans to sleep on the couch in the corner of the office and start waiting for the divorce papers to be delivered.

The first calls were people just getting ready to head out to their dinner reservations -- one caller saying he had made his reservations over a month earlier. That just seemed to rub salt into Rogers wounds.

Feeling defeated, he figured he at least needed to give Diane a call and let her know he was still at the office. He didn't need her worried. Besides, worry would be just one more flaming branch on the fiery fury he was expecting his empty-handed arrival would bring.

Diane answered the phone after just one ring. Great, she's sitting there waiting for me. Now I'm in big trouble.

"Hi sweetheart," Roger said, trying to put his best face forward. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm just finishing up at the office. I'm sorry I didn't call sooner, but I was busy and just realized what time it was and wanted to let you know I was OK."

"Don't worry about it dear," Diane told him. Then she almost started to laugh as she continued, "Honestly, I was just figuring you were going crazy trying to figure out a last minute Valentine's Day present for me. I mean, usually you forget these kinds of things."

"Nope," he said. "I've got your present right here and you are going to be surprised."

In the back of his mind, Roger was telling himself, "I'm going to be pretty surprised too."

"Well, hurry home," Diane said. "Dinner is just about ready and I want you to be able to open the gift I have for you too.

"Love you dear and see you soon."

With that, the phone clicked dead.

Roger's heart sunk. Now he had to come up with something and he had to do it fast.

The radio almost seemed to answer Roger's prayer though, as one caller started talking about how his Valentine's Day gift was fulfilling a wish his wife had always had to see Yellowstone Park. He was presenting her with the paperwork showing their reservations at the park lodge, maps of the route they would take to drive there and gift certificates good for a helicopter tour of the park.

Roger responded by turning on his computer, quickly pulling up his favorite travel web site and starting to look at last minute travel options. This was a Thursday night, so he figured he could find a last-minute deal that would have them leave Friday evening and get back Sunday night or early Monday morning. No one would have to miss work and he would look like he'd been planning things for months.

It didn't take long before he found it. She had always wanted to return to Paris, making her first trip years ago when she was still in high school as part of a foreign language class. They could fly out Friday afternoon at about 5 p.m., be in Paris at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. Then they would fly back on Monday morning, arriving back home about 10 a.m. -- giving them the option of taking the day off or just coming in late and working a half day.

Better yet, the web site offered him several options for tours, dinner packages, Seine River cruises. So he clicked on boxes, giving them a Saturday night dinner at the Eiffel Tower, followed by cocktails and a show at the famed Moulin Rouge. Sunday would have a bus tour out to Versailles. That would still leave plenty of time each day to see different things like the Louvre or even Euro Disney if that was what tripped her trigger.

Yes, when all was said and done, this was going to cost him almost three grand in airfare, two nights at a nice hotel, a private car to and from the airport and all the tours and meals he had purchased. But on the other hand, after he finished typing in his credit card number, he was going to have the perfect gift that all he had to do was print out and put into an envelope.

The smile didn't stay on his face for long. At least, not after the message came back saying ... "We are sorry, but your credit card processing was declined. Please select another payment option."

He tried the card again and again and again. After five tries he finally gave up. Now he really was fucked ... and he knew it.

So Roger did the only thing he could. He shut down the computer, put his things back into his briefcase, went back out to the car and started his drive home. He did get a little hope when he passed someone selling flowers on an overpass as he drove home and he didn't think twice about shelling out the fifty bucks for a less-than-stellar bunch of red roses. At least he wouldn't be empty handed now.

As he walked in the door, he called out his usual, "Hi honey, I'm home."

The response took him a little off guard when Diane said, "Hi honey ... I'm in here." The voice came from the dining room. It took him even more off guard when he walked into the dining room.

There, lying back on the table was Diane, wearing a silky red, almost sheer nightie with a matching red thong. She sat up a little as he walked into the room and smiled at him, but her right hand was still inside those panties and, as he looked closer he could see the material darken slightly with moisture around where her fingers were inside them.

"I've been keeping your dinner at a simmer until you got home," Diane said. "I hope you like what I've made you."

Roger knew better than to speak and let anything ruin this moment. He also knew that once she found out he didn't have a real present; this might be the last sex he would get for a long time.

So he sat down in the chair at the head of the table and pulled her hips toward him. He then buried his face into her soaking pussy -- not even bothering to move the panties away at this point -- and let his tongue slowly trace the length of her lips. Her scent filled his nostrils and, even through the soft material, he could taste a hint of the sweetness he knew was resting within.

"What a sweetheart," he looked up to say. "You made my favorite for dinner."

"I had a feeling you'd like it," Diane said. "Happy Valentine's Day dear."

The words stung in Roger's ears, as they almost seemed to echo and each reverberation seemed to only deepen the guilt he felt.

So he did his best to switch his focus, instead looking at his beautiful wife as she gave herself to him. He did his best to give himself to her.

He gently pulled her panties down and focused on the task at hand. It didn't take long for the guilt to fade as Roger began to focus more and more on pleasing his wife.

Gently he worked his tongue across her lips, being careful not to focus too much attention on her sensitive clit -- at least not yet. After being married for over 10 years, he knew what she liked and what she didn't. He did his best to make sure she was getting everything she liked.

Soon though, she wanted more. She wanted the creature comforts of her bedroom and the king size bed within, instead of the hard, unforgiving table.

So Diane broke away from Roger and rolled off the table. As he looked at her, now standing next to the table with nothing more than the sheer red nightie, she took a couple of quick steps toward the door into the hallway and the rest of the house.

"If you want more, you're going to have to come get me baby," Diane said.

With that, she started running toward the bedroom. Roger gave chase and made up ground as they climbed the stairs. He finally caught her in the hallway just outside their bedroom, getting an arm around her waist. He used that to stop her, spin her around and pull her into him and give her a big kiss.

Just as she began to relax in his arms though, he pulled his right hand back and gave her a sharp spank on the ass.

"What was that for?" Diane said, looking up into his eyes with a look that expressed the spank was even more arousing for her than it was painful.

"Running away from me," Roger said. "If you wanted to come up here, all you had to do was ask."

With that, he threw her over his shoulder and carried her into the bedroom -- unceremoniously dumping her into the center of the bed.

She laid there looking up at him as he stood next to the bed and slowly began to undress. Soon, he was naked and joined her on the bed.

He then returned to focusing on her, using every trick he had learned since they were first together. His hands stroked her entire body, almost providing a sensual massage as they slid across her back, sides, ass and thighs. He made a point of staying away from anything overtly erogenous at this point, avoiding contact with her breasts and pussy. Right now, he wanted to build the desire, build the anticipation to a crescendo that he could release -- when the time was right.

With his mouth he just continued to kiss and nibble her mouth and lips, her neck and the soft, sensitive lobes of her ears. Her soft moans and gentle squirming movements let him know he was right on track.

It didn't take long though before Roger took it to the next level, his hand sliding up her thigh and his index finger finding its way to her pussy. It was hot and very wet, making it easy for him to slide up inside of her. Once inside, he curled his finger upward and began to stroke her G-spot. He could immediately sense her reaction, as her kisses and touches found a new intensity.

Coupled with all the anticipation Roger at built, it only took a few minutes before he felt Diane clench down on his finger, as an orgasm washed across her body. He could literally feel it in his arms wrapped around her and his finger within, as waves of pleasure washed across her body from head to toe and her muscles rhythmically clasped tight and then relaxed -- gradually increasing to a peak and then gradually becoming gentler until it was complete.

Only now would Roger start to think about his own pleasure. His cock was already rock hard from all that had happened, so he rearranged his body and climbed atop Diane into the missionary position. His cock easily slid inside and he could feel the heat of her body as it wrapped around and almost swallowed him inside.

Slowly, he began to thrust. After a few minutes, he widened his base and got his knees on each side of Diane's hips, almost allowing them to rest on his thighs. That created an angle where he could penetrate her as more deeply, while also putting a pressure on her G-spot with each stroke in and out.

His speed began to increase and Roger could feel his orgasm starting to build within. It didn't help when he looked down at Diane, as her expression let him know she too was on the brink.

Finally, with a flurry of quick thrusts, Roger stopped fighting and let his orgasm come -- ending with one, final deep thrust as he began to fill Diane with his cum. That seemed to set her off as well, as her legs stiffened and forced Roger to arch his back while his hips were still fighting to plunge forward. He could feel her pussy clenching down on his now sensitive cock.

After several moments, Roger began gasping for air -- the intensity of what had just happened literally making him forget to breathe as he built toward and had his orgasm. Still, he held his position as long as he could, keeping his cock inside of Diane until his legs began to cramp.

Roger then rolled out from between her legs and collapsed back onto the bed. Normally he would have basked in the glow of what had just been incredible sex.

Instead, feelings of guilt began to overwhelm him. Diane had just given him this tremendous gift -- the gift of herself -- and all he had were some crappy roses from an overpass. There was nothing she could do to him now that would make him feel any worse than he did at this moment.

"What's the matter sweetie," Diane asked, noticing the look on his face.

"You have done so much for me," Roger said. "You have given me this tremendous gift and what have I given you? I just ..."

Before he could say another word though, she touched her finger gently to his lips.

"Don't say another word," Diane said. "Don't say anything until you look at this."

With that, she reached under the bed and pulled out a beautifully wrapped package. It was about the size of a shirt box and was wrapped in beautiful red and white paper that had little hearts all over it.

Roger tried to say something again, but Diane again put her fingers to his lips.

"I said not another word until you open this."

The guilt literally had tears beginning to run down his cheeks as Roger took the package from her hands. Slowly, he unwrapped the package and then pulled the top off the box inside.

Looking inside, he almost didn't know how to react. He definitely didn't know what to say.

So Diane spoke.

"Darling," she said. "I've been through how many birthdays, anniversaries and Valentine's Days with you before tonight. I know you get busy and you tend to forget things like this and then you beat yourself up because you forgot.

"So my gift to you on this Valentine's Day is a gift for you to give to me."

Roger looked down again and there it was. Resting inside the box was another beautifully wrapped box that had a large card attached and Diane's name on it.

He chuckled a little bit to himself, almost out of relief.

"You know me so well," Roger said. "And you know what ... this is exactly what I wanted."

He took the box out of his box and handed it to Diane. She opened it and, with a small squeal, said "It's exactly what I wanted too."

Roger looked inside the box and was shocked at what he saw.

It was two tickets to Paris and they were flying out tomorrow afternoon.