Forgotten Lunches

Story Info
A forgotten lunch brings him a love he didn't expect.
9.9k words
4.65
22.9k
51

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/15/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note:

I had originally intended to write a story between these two characters with a DD/lg or DD/kitten dynamic but also wanted to include how they came to be together. That then spun out of control and became a story of strictly their union. There are light DD/lg elements but not enough to warrant putting it in that category. I hope you enjoy!

***

A bright blue Subaru Impreza STi pulled into the mall's parking lot and into a spot off to the side. The rumble of the exhaust suddenly ceased, bringing with it a stillness to the parking lot once again. The door opened and a man who stood two inches over six feet got out, his tall lean and muscular build dressed in a well fit collared blue shirt that was tucked into a pair of faded blue jeans. A pair of well worn steel toed boots covered the feet that struck the ground beneath him as he walked his way into the building through an employee entrance. His dark brown eyes scanned the corridor as he ran his fingers through his short black styled hair that was spiked. His other hand held a travel mug that was filled with hot coffee that after every few steps he took a sip from.

Lucas Sheldon stopped in front of a lift gate at a sports apparel and accessories store and knelt in front of it as he inserted his key into the lock, lifting it as he stood up. He ducked beneath it and lowered it back down, leaving it about a foot above the floor. He went about preparing the store for the days business and making sure everything was in place. He smiled at his fellow opening employees and greeted them as they came in. As he checked his watch he realized it was time to open the store and lifted the gate all the way up. The weekdays never had much of a rush in the morning and he was thankful to catch up on some things before the weekend started.

It wasn't until his closing lead came walking in that he realized what time it was and the ache in his belly suddenly confirmed how late it was. He let his employees know that he was going to lunch and headed to the food court. As he walked down the corridor that opened up the expansive space, he could hear the throngs of people who were already there. He walked in and stopped about half way down so he could see what his options were. As his eyes spotted a plate of chicken teriyaki and followed it, his gaze fell upon a petite young blonde whose eyes were fixed on the same plate of chicken teriyaki. Lucas watched her suddenly grab her phone and answer it.

The look on her face told him that it wasn't good news. Lucas saw her hand rub her belly and he studied her. She was dressed in a pair of tight fitting black jeans and a nearly equally tight black shirt with a logo on it of a band. The lanyard that hung around her neck told him she worked at "Hot Topic" and her hair fell to her shoulders. Her slim yet curvy body drew his attention but the fact that she rubbed her belly in hunger made him move towards her. "Chicken teriyaki, one of my favorites."

The blonde looked up at the man who stood a foot taller than she did, "Excuse me?"

"That tray of food that went by, saw you staring at it only because I was," Lucas said softly. He looked down at her as he stood about a foot away from her and looked at the name badge that hung from her lanyard. "I don't mean to prod, but you look hungry and I just happen to be buying, if you want that is. Your choice Aubrey."

Aubrey looked up at him, wondering how he knew her name when she suddenly remembered her name badge. She looked at him and saw his own name tag on his shirt and saw the words of the store he worked at. She recognized him from seeing him in the corridors but had never spoken to him and was relieved that it wasn't some guy off the street talking to her. Still, she remained cautious. "And what is it you're looking for?"

Lucas smiled at her warmly, "Nothing, just don't like to see you go hungry is all. My treat, you don't even have to eat with me."

Aubrey kept looking at him, his deep voice was soothing and gentle. She slowly smiled as she nodded, "Alright, deal. My friend flaked on me anyways and my dumb ass forgot my lunch at home and I don't get paid until tomorrow anyways."

Lucas laughed, "Fridays are great for that aren't that?"

Aubrey laughed, "Yes they are."

"I forgot my lunch as well. Woke up late and kind of rushed. At least I remembered to grab my coffee."

A smile crossed her lips, "Well at least you remembered that." She walked with him as they headed towards the place where the smells of Japanese cuisine came wafting from. They stood there in front of the counter and grabbed a tray. "Oh they have California rolls too!"

Lucas smiled, "Alright, chicken teriyaki and California rolls, for the both of us."

"Huh? Oh I didn't mean for you to order those as well," Aubrey said, realizing Lucas had told the cashier.

"Sorry, too late," Lucas said as he smiled at her. "What about a drink?"

Aubrey was taken aback by his easy going nature and without thinking blurted, "Water, please."

Lucas pulled out his wallet and paid for their meals before he took his tray and waited for Aubrey to take hers. He followed her for a few steps before he spoke, "Well Aubrey, I suppose this is where we say goodbye huh?"

"Wait, I was ... I mean, if you want to, you can sit with me. I mean you did buy my lunch after all."

"Are you sure?"

"I am," Aubrey said as she smiled at Lucas. She could tell he was older than she was but felt at ease in his presence. She couldn't describe why but she felt she could trust him. She started to walk towards the back of the food court where the tables were less occupied and took a seat at a table, setting her tray down. She noticed how Lucas took a seat on the opposite corner so as to keep his distance. She pulled the chopsticks out of the wrapper and dug into her food, stopping before taking her first bite. "Thank you."

Lucas looked at her as he was unwrapping his own chopsticks, "You're very welcome." He smiled at her warmly and after she took her first bite, dug into his own food. After several minutes he looked at her, "Hot Topic huh? You like it?"

"I do, and I like who I work with," Aubrey said.

"That's always a plus."

Aubrey looked at her phone and realized most of her lunch time had gone and began to shovel the food into her mouth quickly. Between bites she looked at Lucas sheepishly, "Sorry, don't mean to pig out, just realized I'm gonna be late."

"Oh, well I won't keep you," Lucas said solemnly. He watched Aubrey eat quickly as he took his time and smiled at her as she got up and emptied her tray.

She took a gulp of water from her bottle and smiled at Lucas, "Thank you again. Maybe I'll see you some time?"

"Sure, you know where I work," he said with a chuckle.

Aubrey put her hand on his shoulder and smiled at him before walking away, her fingers lingering before he was out of reach. She walked away and after several steps turned back and saw Lucas still looking at her with a smile.

Lucas noticed how her steps took on more of a skip after Aubrey looked back and he smiled, wondering what she was thinking. He reached up and touched his shoulder, still feeling her slender fingers on him. He didn't know much about her other than the fact that she caused him to smile easier than he had before.

The rest of the day went by quickly for Lucas and he eventually went home to his small house. He pulled his Subaru up the driveway and parked inside the garage. He walked into the house and was greeted to the sound of silence. He sighed as he set his keys on the kitchen counter and walked into the living room, sitting on the couch as he grabbed the remote for the television. Just before he turned the television on he tossed the remote back on the couch and got up, stepping outside and standing on his porch. His mind was suddenly filled with thoughts of Aubrey and the sweet smell of her body spray.

***

Lucas stood there in the middle of the sales floor helping an employee with a customer when he suddenly smelled a familiar sweet smelling vanilla body spray and smiled. Once the customer was happy he turned around and saw Aubrey standing there, looking rather demure as she held her hands together and slightly to the side, a smile on her lips. "Aubrey, hi, what brings you here?"

"I was wondering if maybe, if you like, we can have lunch again? It would be my treat this time! Remember, I got paid today," Aubrey said with a smile.

"I'd like that," Lucas said, smiling warmly. Even though he had remembered his lunch, he knew it would keep in the small refrigerator the store had in the small back room.

"Great! Is now alright?"

Lucas looked at his watch, "Sure." He signaled to the sales lead and motioned that he was going to lunch before following her out. "So what's on the menu today?"

"I have a hankering for Philly cheesesteaks."

"Sounds good to me," Lucas said as he let her lead the way. After ordering, Aubrey paid and had everything placed on a single tray which Lucas grabbed. She walked with him to a table in the back once again and waited for him to choose his seat before she sat down directly across from him, watching him smile as he sat down.

After several minutes of biting into their sandwiches, Lucas looked at Aubrey, "So what's the design on your shirt?"

Aubrey looked down at her shirt and studied it for a second, the skull had a pair of bat wings attached to it and she smiled. "It's a logo for a band called 'Avenged Sevenfold' which is like one of my favorite bands of all time."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, my ex boyfriend never cared for him, all he ever listens to is rap, which is fine but he'd always tell me how much my music sucked. Anyways, what about you? What do you listen to?"

Lucas stopped chewing and looked at her, "Promise not to laugh?"

Aubrey crossed her heart, "Promise."

"Mostly country. It's what I grew up on."

Aubrey choked back a snicker and looked at him, "I can't really picture you listening to that."

"And what do I look like I should listen to?"

"'Avenged Sevenfold,'" Aubrey said with a smile.

"Well maybe I'll give them a try one day," Lucas said, smiling back at her.

"That would be awesome! By the way, you can call me Bree, all my friends do."

"Bree huh? Alright then," Lucas said.

Aubrey noticed his hands as he took another bite of his sandwich and saw that he didn't wear a ring, "Is there no 'Mrs. Lucas' at home?"

Lucas stopped and gently placed the sandwich back down before gently rubbing his ring finger. "No uh, well not anymore. She uh, she left me a few years ago."

"Oh. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to ... I'll just shut up," Aubrey said as she hung her head.

"No it's fine, you don't have to be sorry, trust me."

Aubrey looked up at him and saw the soft smile on his lips and smiled back. "These sandwiches are really good huh?"

Lucas smiled and nodded, "Aubrey, it's fine. I promise."

"Okay."

They went back to eating their food but the conversation had been lacking due to Lucas not knowing where to take it, and Aubrey's uneasiness at thinking she had hurt him. Lunch eventually came to an end and they both got up to empty the tray.

Aubrey smiled at Lucas, "I'm sorry if I hurt you, I never meant to."

"You have nothing to be sorry for, believe me."

For some reason, Aubrey believed him and smiled as she looked up at him. "Can we have lunch together again?"

"I'd like that."

Aubrey smiled and absentmindedly twirled a lock of her blonde hair, "Me too."

***

The end of Lucas' shift came and after he said goodbye to his employees, he made a left out of the store instead of his normal right. He walked through the crowds of people until he found the store he was looking for. The dark entryway contrasted next to the brightly lit stores on either side and heavy guitar based music spilled out. The white letters on a black background spelled "Hot Topic" that were lit in a reddish glow. He stepped inside and looked around, hoping to see Aubrey but didn't so he walked over to the wall where he found the CD's. He idly thumbed through them until he found one that had the same logo on it that was on Aubrey's shirt. He took it and proceeded to walk up to the cashier when his attention was caught by something on a shelf.

"Lucas?"

He was caught off guard when he heard his name called and Lucas turned in the direction from where the voice came from. He saw Aubrey standing there, her arms holding a few shirts to her chest. "Hi there."

Aubrey was smiling and quickly placed the shirts on the counter. "What brings you here?"

Lucas held up the CD, "Figured I'd give them a try."

The smile on her face got even bigger and her eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yea, figured why not, especially after hearing about how much you like them."

"That's so awesome! If you're ready I can ring you up," Aubrey said as she nearly skipped closer to him.

"Only if you have time, I don't want to take you away from -"

"I definitely have time for you," Aubrey said, instantly feeling flushed.

Lucas laughed softly and noticed something in her hair, "Cat ears huh?"

Aubrey reached up and touched the cat ears that were attached to the hair band that she wore, "Huh, oh yea. Aren't they cute?"

"Very cute, you look like a kitten."

Aubrey instantly looked down at the floor and her fingers laced themselves behind her back. She slowly looked up at him with a soft smile, "I like that."

"You like what? That I said they are cute, or that I called you a kitten?"

"Both? And you can call me that, if you like."

"Kitten huh? Then that shall be my nickname for you," Lucas said as he smiled warmly at her. He touched the tip of her nose with his fingertip which caused her to giggle and he smiled once more. Out of the corner of his eye he could see several people walking into the store so he stood up straight, "What say we get this rung up and I'll let you get back to work?"

A pout suddenly formed on Aubrey's lips, "Alright, duty calls." She led Lucas over to the register and rang him up, placing the CD into a bag and handing it over to him. "Will I see you tomorrow?"

"I'm actually off, but I'll be back on Sunday."

"Well poo. Monday?"

"I'll be here," Lucas said with a smile.

"Great! I'll see you then," Aubrey said happily.

"I'll see you then, Kitten," Lucas said as he started to walk away.

Aubrey beamed but had to turn as another customer suddenly walked up. As she was answering the customer's questions she looked up and saw Lucas was looking back at her. She waved to him and was giddy when he waved back.

Lucas turned and walked out, heading to his car. The late afternoon summer sun was nearly overbearingly hot and he rolled the windows down once he started the engine. He cut open the plastic seal and inserted the CD into the player, "Alright, let's see what 'Hail To The King' sounds like."

The CD started and his ears were instantly greeted by the sound of bells that were quickly accompanied by heavy guitar riffs and double bass drums. Soon the singer joined in with a voice that was both soothingly melodic and demonic at the same time.

Lucas pulled out of the parking lot and turned the music up, his fingers tapping to the sounds coming from his stereo. He found himself enjoying the music and was glad he had purchased it. As he drove home he found himself lost in the music that came blaring from his speakers.

***

One day Aubrey found herself sitting on the couch at her friend's place sharing a pizza that sat on the coffee table in front of them as some random movie played on the television. She wore an oversized loose knit tan sweater over a pair of black leggings. Her boots sat on the floor beneath her as she had pulled her feet up onto the couch and sat cross legged. "So how are things with Shae and what's that guys name, Ryan?"

Ava sat there on the opposite end of the couch and laughed, "Girl you'd think they were attached at the hip."

"Well I mean at least she found herself a good man right?"

"Oh definitely. He's a great guy and makes her believe it herself that she's beautiful. I kept telling her but you know her. Seguí diciéndole pero ella nunca escuchó."

Aubrey looked at Ava and laughed, "Girl you know I don't know spanish!"

"I said I always told her but she never listened," Ava said laughing. She would often say random words or phrases in spanish, often to the annoyance of her friends. "Anyways, speaking of Shae, she tells me she's seen you with some guy."

Aubrey felt herself flush at the thought of Lucas, "Oh uhm, yeah, Lucas."

"Lucas huh? What's he like? Are you dating?"

"Oh no, just friends. Well for now though I would love for it to go further."

"Maybe he's already got someone," Ava said, her tone suddenly turning serious.

Aubrey laughed, "Nuh uh, he's totally single. I think he's just taking his time. He said his wife left him a few years ago, poor guy. He's so sweet and caring. He's an older guy, like thirteen years older, but like it never felt like it mattered."

Ava looked at nothing in particular, "So he's what, like thirty seven to your twenty four?"

"Yeah, but he's like perfect though and makes me feel all girly. I've never felt a connection with someone like him before. He's such a gentleman and I can be completely open and honest with him about anything and he always listens to me. He's like my best friend."

As she listened to her, Ava could tell just how much Aubrey was into this man named Lucas. She remembered how much of an asshole her old boyfriend had been to her and genuinely wanted her to find a good man. "Have you two gone out on any dates?"

"No, not really but we do have lunch together once a week, it's like our thing. I guess that really doesn't count does it?" Aubrey said giggling.

Ava laughed, "No not really."

"All I know is, I just love spending time with him. He's so easy to get along with and we always have something to talk about. These past four months have been amazing and he's a totally great friend."

"I know what you're thinking boo."

Aubrey looked at her with a smirk, "And what's that?"

"That you want him to be your daddy dom. Don't think I've forgotten. You're totally describing him."

"Well I mean yea, he's like a natural. He's always making sure I'm alright and asking how I'm doing and there's something about him that just calms me. Even if he isn't into that he still just calms me and makes me happy."

"Then go get him girl!" Ava said, throwing a pillow at Aubrey.

Aubrey barely caught the pillow and laughed. She thought about her friend's words and considered telling Lucas how she truly felt.

***

Lucas walked down the corridor and saw Aubrey standing there waiting for him. As he got closer he saw her turn and smile as she opened her arms. He was unprepared for the force in her hug as he felt her body crash into his causing him to drop the small cooler he brought with their lunches in it. He instinctively held her close, wrapping his strong arms around her and pulled her to him. Without thinking he leaned down and kissed the top of her head lightly, "Hello Kitten. Everything alright?"

Aubrey sighed into his chest as she felt his arms holding her and felt a peace she hadn't felt before. She hadn't meant to hug him or even to run to him, but she couldn't stop herself and she was happy that he didn't turn her away. "I'm great."

"I hope I didn't push any boundaries by kissing you," Lucas said, his voice full of concern.

"No of course not, it felt ... Nice." Aubrey smiled as she looked up at him, her big brown eyes looking into his own.

"I'm glad," Lucas said as he continued to hold her. His face suddenly showed concern and he drew in a deep breath.

Aubrey could see the look on his face change and she became concerned, wondering if her hopes were about to be dashed before she even had a chance to tell him. Her eyes looked fearful for a second, "What is it?"