Forward to the Stars Ch. 03

Story Info
SOME answers are given, others well....
5k words
4.59
13.5k
3

Part 3 of the 18 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 10/04/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sorry it took me so long to get this submitted. I was trying to find the name of mythical creature for a future chapter and couldn't find it with all the mexican claptrap of all the "we are Aztec or Mayan because we live in the same place they did" stuff. Anyway ANY and ALL constructive comments are always welcome. Even if I don't say so in a story heading.

***********

As the group headed out from Stallion Acres Brian kept looking back over his shoulder, "Yes Brian its still back there and we can always get back by turning around." Laughed Michelle.

"Can it Mi. Its just that I've got a feeling that I've forgotten something and no it wasn't that I left the coffee pot on, you KNOW how much I hate that stuff, the smell alone makes me gag." Brian said as he prodded Athena back up to the group as the made their way north. "DAMN IT!! I remember now, my CAMERA!"

Tanya and most of the rest burst out laughing, "Its not like the scenery is going anywhere." Said a sixteen year old named Alexander, "So why would you need a camera??"

"And THAT is EXACTLY where you are wrong!" Brian said, "Look over to your right and tell me what do you see? Have you ever seen what you see before you and will you ever see it again?"

"Of course I have, its the same old hill country leading out into the plains with the sun setting behind the mountains casting long afternoon shadows." Alexander said with a huff.

"No, no you haven't, nor will ever again Alex." Said one of the ranch hands. "I understand what Brian is getting at and he is correct and when it comes down to it, I myself should start carrying one. Thought about it but never got around to it. You see, everyone that has ever stepped outside and actually LOOKED have seen sights that we wished we had had a camera because it was so beautiful or hilarious that we needed PROOF that it actually happened. Ever LOOK at the clouds along the front edge of a storm with the sun shining through the breaks or how about the sky in the morning after a storm went through the night before? That is EXACTLY what is being talked about."

Tanya laughed. "Don't worry Brain, I have NO doubt that you people will be around for a long time to come, so there is no doubt in my mind that you'll see more than enough beautiful scenes to make up for this."

"Well did you at least remember your bear pepper grenades?" Michelle asked.

"Grenades?!" One of the ranch hands sputtered out as he nearly fell off his horse laughing.

"YEP!" Brian said with a grin. "You ever watch those Extreme Pig-out shows on the Travel Channel on TV? Well before we came here I got a hold of some hot sauce that one of the places that is high lighted used for hot-wings. I had it concentrated to the point of nearly four hundred thousand capsicum units and then powdered and than put in grenade style delivery system, OH and that high of a level should pretty much kill the average human because of the shock and agony to their body."

"So what will they do to bears and anyway its getting a little late in the season for them anyway." Tanya said.

"Might be getting late in the year but until its the middle of winter I like the idea of watching out, thank you very much. Becoming bear chow wasn't on my list of things to get done anytime soon" Michelle said.

"What it SHOULD do is just put a rabid grizzly into enough pain for him to find the nearest hunter and beg whoever into ending the agony." Brain said matter of factly. "But at the very least it WILL give the furball something else to think about, for some time."

***********

As the group was setting up camp for the evening, Brian suggested at least a cursory watch through the night. "Come on Brian." said one of the hands "You're getting way to panicky about bears. Though if your talking of mountain lions, I do have to say that that isn't the worst idea that's ever been suggested while camping."

************

In the morning as everyone was crawling out of their tents Tanya looked around and then turned to Michelle. "Hey, wheres Brian? He wanted a night watch so wheres he at? He get eaten and not scream and let us know?"

Michelle still groggy from getting up with the sun jerked her thumb at the tree where they had tethered the horses. As Tanya looked at the tree trying to see what Michelle was pointing at when she would normally by worried about Brain. "Okay, so what am I supposed to see its not Brian can ble...., just HOW the hell you do that Brian?" She asked as Brain seemed to materialize on a branch above the horses.

"Mmmmm?" Brian asked/growled in response to Tanya's question. Tanya wasn't the only one to stare as Brian made his way along a branch that shouldn't really be able to hold him much less him AND a light weight blanket. "Do what?" He growled as stepped off the branch and down onto Athena's back where he settled down facing her butt and looking at the group. "Walk on branches or dose on them?" He asked as he scratched the horses flank.

"AND blend into the tree with a blanket that's BLUE." Said one of the hands, who like the others was anxiously awaiting a explanation.

Michelle laughed. "Don't expect much of a answer, its one of those things that happens with no real answer. He can do it without trying but IF he tries he CANT do it."

The group fixed and ate breakfast and broke camp and was under way by the time the sun was fully up in the eastern sky. As the day progressed Brian noticed that Alexander was getting more and more withdrawn. "So whats up Alexander? You upset about the camera conversation yesterday or you see something that made you realize what we meant?"

"Alex will work Brian and yes I DID see something. OR might have seen something anyway. When you were up in that tree would you have stood out in a pic? OH!" Alex resettled himself on his horses' saddle as Brain and Michelle shook their heads yes. "And uh could people keep this quite but I'm needing some help on a school paper."

Brian offered a sympathetic smile, "I may be a asshole but if I can help and I'm asked, I'll do what I can." The offer to help was seconded by several others who asked what he needed help on.

"Well its on the Tienanmen Square massacre but I'm having a hard time find stuff on it and since this is a term paper, I'm a more than a little desperate." Alex said as his ears turned a deep enough red that he should have passed out from the loss of blood to the rest of his body.

"Hey don't be ashamed Alex, its not a very politically favorable subject so it and along with most of the worlds less than politically correct history its getting deleted, so its no real big surprise that you're having a hard time finding stuff on it." Said one the hands. "Got a note pad? Now lets get you what we know down on paper."

***********

As that evenings camp chores was being completed Brain stopped and looked out at the hill country that led out onto the plains. "You do know there is precedence for the Tinnieman square massacre in US history don't you?"

"Do WHAT?" Asked one of the hands with a chuckle.

"Exactly!" Brian said with a sigh. "While it wasn't about getting freedoms into the country what it WAS about was getting the government to allow jobs to be created and more jobs to be brought into the country."

"Wait a moment Brian, you're saying that the government slaughtered US citizens wholesale?" Asked Tanya.

"The ARMY did under the DIRECT order of the commanding general who was there to 'peacefully' break up the demonstration of out of work World War One vets that were being given the usual welcome home that vets get. It was just about the start of the great depression which did NOT help matters, there was a quiet and ORDERLY gathering in Washington of people demanding the government take action to get people back to work. I think it was General Sherman but I'm not sure. Anyway which ever it was at that time being under direct orders from the president that all they were to do was keep watch, don't let them get to close to fed buildings but just stand watch until everyone dispersed. NOTHING more than that! Well since they were not dispersing, over a bullhorn he called for the people to disperse than he ordered bayonets affixed then he ordered the tanks in. Anyone that didn't move fast enough was ran over by the tanks, anyone that survived was ran through and beaten. In the 'OFFICIAL' report it was a riotous and murderous mob that was intent on overthrowing the government. Though in the report there was SOME good news, there was only one HUMAN death." Brian said with disgust and contempt dripping from his voice.

A PALE Alex looked around at the others in the camp. "UH GUYS?"

Michelle shrugged. "It'd be best to look it up and try to find out one way or the other. BUT do keep in mind on stuff like this, its dates and names that he usually gets wrong. Otherwise on the broad details hes got more than enough for your report."

***********

The next day they arrived in the rejoin of Two-Peak Pass at about two in the afternoon. "Well here we are Two-Peak, what you two home homesteaders think of your place?" Asked one of the hands rather grimly as he looked over the more or less clear cut land that the logging company left in their wake.

Michelle looked around with a brokenhearted look on her face as she took the scene in. "Figures." Brian said. "Well Athena lead me to the whatsit that has plagued this place for so long. THEN we can start finding a place for a home THEN we can start thinking about fixing this devastation." Turning to look at the barren land he snorted. "Just how this crap could be allowed two thousand and nine with all the environmentalists and their say in how things are ran would be something to ponder if money wasn't involved." With that he dropped the reins and prodded Athena on who started to move in the direction of the north northeast end of the mountain pass.

*************

The next day Brian had them yet again follow Athena on the course she had set when he had asked she lead him to the 'feeling' of Two-Peak Pass. By one in the afternoon they had found a way to entertain themselves, try and figure out just how the HELL Brian could fall into deep enough sleep to snore and still remain up right in the saddle even with some of the terrain that they were going over.

About one thirty Brian again woke from another of his thirty minute naps and asked how things were going. Brian looked confused as people just burst out laughing and trying to talk at the same time. "Well for starters Brian." Said Alex "We've trying to learn your trick of falling asleep and NOT falling. Not falling off our horse that is, I mean how do you learn to stay up right when a horse is jumping over a gully and not either wake up or fall off her back??!"

"Learn to sleep on a school bus for starters than learn to sleep on your feet while working and using a knife AND keep it sharp." Brian said still half asleep. "If you people think you're bewildered, think about the people I used to work with when I did just that. Handling the knife when asleep I meeeaaan! Somebody HEEELP!" Brian managed to scream out as the ground caved in under a also screaming Athena before he was swept away with the current of the underground river.

"BRIAN BRIAN BRIAAAAAN!!" Michelle screamed as she scrambled off her horse after him, she was tackled in time from going after him down the hole by three of the ranch hands. As she struggled, they were joined by the rest of the group

"There is NOTHING you can do if you don't get a hold of yourself girl." Tanya yelled at Michelle as she got in the girls face and giving it a smack to get Michelle's attention on here and away from the growing hole that they were struggling to get away from while holding onto Michelle. As Michelle calmed down she started giving orders to get ropes and anything that could be used to see if Brian had managed to get a hand hold just out of sight in the river channel.

**********

"So Tanya, what do we do? We've gotten Michelle bedded down as best we can for the night, and we've pretty much ruled out any chance that he's near the hole. How you doing Tom?" Asked on of the hands.

"YOU get lowered into a underground river, YOU nearly get swept down stream and then YOU tell ME how you're doing you fucking asshole!!" Snarled Tom as he huddled as near the fire he could get and not catch the blanket he was wrapped up in on fire.

"Easy people." Tanya said as she moved between the men. "Okay, here's what we do, in the morning we head back to the ranch and we get help. By that time IF hes even still alive he probably wont be for much longer so we're going to have hustle it."

*************

Brain fought through the waves of sauna that threatened to make him sink down into the welcoming bliss of unconsciousness and opened his eyes and immediately needed to roll to the side so as not to drown himself with his own puke. As his stomach settled down he tried focusing on where he was, the last he remembered clearly was he was falling than something hard hit him in the back of the head and then and then what? He looked at his hand and concentrated on it trying to bring the swirling in front of his eyes to a end.

"Are all right? Is there anything more that I can do for you or your pleasure beast?" Said a voice behind Brian. "The injuries that you suffered were far greater than what your pleasure beast incurred in your descent down the water cause way, though they have healed nicely."

Water!! Brian felt like he had been hit in the back of the head again and groaned. "Are you alright? Scans indicate increased stress, you are safe here. There is no need to worry about immediate strenuous activity. It would be best for you to rest longer." Said the voice that as Brian's mind became more and more clear sounded rather 'dead'.

"Who are you?" Asked Brian trying to turn over and see who was speaking to him and not throw up again.

"Try not to move, the head injuries that you suffered while they have been healed you need to calm down and rest." Said the voice that was at least a little closer.

"Than tell me who are and where are you and just WHERE the GODDAMNED HELL I AM!" Brian all but sobbed in his frustration. He hated being talked down to and when he wasn't doing all that well he took nearly everything as being talked down to and in this instance he was nearly in a rage already.

"Alright, just calm down. 'WHO' I am means less than 'WHAT' I am. So to answer your question I am the main AI of the experimental Human Imperium colony ship Atherian, as to WHERE you are. You are in the medical bay, six levels below the airlock that you were brought in at, when your presence was registered on my instruments and I was brought out of hibernation protocols to tend your injuries."

Brian moaned and laid on the table trying to comprehend what he had just been told. "May I ask a question?"

"As you are the first human contact seventeen thousand nine hundred ninety six solar cycles three galleans two fornithes and..." The computer cut off time units as started waving his hand. "We both undoubtedly have questions, so as to keep you calm please ask your questions."

"I apologize for being a uncooperative patient." Brian stammered still laying his head down.

"It is quite alright, though do you wish your pleasure beast access to you and the med bay?" Asked the AI, though it sounded to Brian as though there was disgust in the otherwise dead voice of the computer.

"Yeah, sure, why not?" Brian groaned. "Though as we keep talking more and more questions keep coming to mind. So lets play twenty questions, though it might end up being more than any twenty questions by the time its all said and done."

"I am unsure of what you are calling twenty questions, it will take your pleasure beast a few moments to make its way here." Said the AI causing Brian to smile.

"Twenty questions is where people take turn asking and answering questions, also my name is Brian so what are you called?" Brian asked.

"As I stated before the ship you are on is called the Atherian, if you are referring to the AI that you now communicating with I specifically have no name only the ship has a name." Stated the AI rather blandly.

"Fine, I'll call you Atherian unless you have any problems with that." Brian said as he heard the clop of Athena's hooves on the flooring.

"I have none Brian, as to your pleasure beast I have taken the liberty of increasing her intelligence up to the level that the governance class of the Imperium called for in their pleasure beasts as well as other popular 'improvements' and bodily hygiene imperatives. I have also repaired and preserving the riding apparatus that she had on when you both arrived." Said the AI as blandly as it could.

"Oh yeah the saddle, mm Mich said that he wanted that back when that ride was over." Brian's mind throbbed as it all came back to him, he remembered the ground caving out from under him and Athena and the crack he got from the low lying channel ceiling, getting slammed against the walls of the tunnel and outcroppings in the channel than going over a waterfall then nothing.

"Okay?" Came a soft voice and a gentle nudge.

"Yeah, just remembered some of that damn water park ride that I got hurt on." Brian said as he tried to focus on the shape in front of him. "Athena?? Hey Atherian, was one of the 'improvements' that you were talking of amount to taking a animal and turning it into a bipedal being?"

"It was Brian, the governance class that ruled over the Imperium could afford to adapt beasts to display their wealth and power over all things as they did not need the beasts for labor." The AI informed Brian. "When in private most of the governance class would make use of the beasts for their own sexual pleasure hence the description 'pleasure beasts'. Their intelligence was increased so that they could be put to use around the governance class's estates if so ordered."

"So what modifications were done, can they be UN-done and can more be done to her?" Brian asked as he looked at the triple d tits that hung in front of his face, then he noticed that under the 'main' tits there were tits that only show their existence by the raised nipples through her coat of hair.

"The most noticeable is her ability to speak, the next is her intelligence is now that of a young human child though more obedient. Her body mass is the same though in the way of denser bones and stronger muscles, her hind legs still end in hooves though her front now end in four digit-ed hands. I have left her ability to be bred in tacked though it will have to be with specially modified beasts or with other pleasure beasts. As you may have noticed with your lower than normal vantage point that she also has four breasts the top two are for your pleasure the lower two will only be utilized when she has been bred. Are there any more question on the modifications?" Asked the AI.

"No, not on her modifications, right now anyway. Since I've had more than my share of question answered you go then we can start twenty question." Brian said with a smile as he tried to sit up, when he lost his equilibrium Athena reached out to steady him. When he smiled his thanks threw the tightness his stomach achieved Athena beamed like a Cheshire cat pleased that she had done what was wanted of her.

"Thank you Brian. Has this colony been contacted and been incorporated back into the Imperium as of yet?" Asked the AI rather anxiously.

"I'm sorry" Brian said. "But I don't believe so, the reason I'm not sure is that the form of government that now runs this part of the world does all it can to keep its people from know as much as they can. And that there at one time humans even existed else where in the universe and didn't evolve on this planet is knowledge that would end with my death and your total destruction."

12