Forward to the Stars Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mjölnir??!" Rebecca, Nicole and Jasmine squealed like five year olds that just got told that they were going to be going to Disney Land.

"You're SERIOUS, RIGHT???! Mjölnir? As in THOR, the Thunder god's hammer, Mjölnir?" Shrieked Rebecca freaking out.

"NO, no, no, no! NOT happening!" Benjamen moaned holding and shaking his head. "This can NOT be happening." He screamed jumping up from the bed and dashed to the door. "Let me OUT! I WON'T listen to these lies! WA, HEY!" He yelped as he was grabbed and thrown back towards the bed.

"Solid state holographics." Archimedes said as he stood glowering down at him. "While you may not listen to this, you WILL sit through this, CHILD."

"In essence Psyker Blades 'reproduce' when they or their wielders reach a level in which their forms can no longer safely contain the psychic power." The recording said as Benjamen picked himself up and cowered under the blankets on the bed. "Being a combo the Twins are able to assist their yielder to contain a greater than normal level of psyonic power."

"Generally." Icialan interjected quickly through the speakers in the room.

"Nonetheless when it was time, the twins channeled their minds into the 'Sword of Quintessence' and concentrated that power until Mjölnir's mind solidified. Next in line was Corgoth, the 'Halberd of Body'."

"Excuse me?" Nicole perked up tentatively. "What's a Halberd?"

"A Halberd," Archimedes intoned quickly. "Is a heavy duty pike, which in turn is a spear but far more useful than any simple spear or pike could ever hope to be."

"Next was Tritaton, the 'Trident of Life'. Then came Zephyr the 'Fan of the Tempest' and then there was the..... interesting one! Neosis, the 'Cestus of'..... well 'Thought' since Earth has no word that translates." The recording said. "But in all actuality 'Thought' is NOT the correct termage that is needed, 'vibration' or 'wave length' is probably the more accurate descriptions."

"Uh, nuther question!!" Nicole said raising her hand. "Cestus?"

"A Cestus, is a battle glove that the hand slips into and stops just short of the elbow and is cinched down. A LARGE assortment of weapons can be either permanently or temporarily attached to it, either just at the fist or the length of the glove." Archimedes said quickly while the recording paused so he could answer the question.

"Let me emphasize here that only Icialan and Ashilon were allowed to fully spread and flex their abilities" The recording said trying to emphasize the point. "Once the wielders of the Twins' children fully grasped the power that their partners commanded, they did their best to keep that power contained. THAT is why there is such an..... 'extended' family of Psyker Blades. To those that can NOT grasp what you would face if faced with their full powers unleashed. FIRST, Mjölnir's touch could literally blow you apart or just short out your entire nervous system. Neosis capturing and 'locking' your mind into a conscious state so no matter what happened you would be awake and fully aware or you could simply torn from your body and added to his mind and fed his power. Next would be the kiss of Zephyr as she drew the air from your body so you sufficated sorounded by air. Then you would feel the pain as Tritaton as he pulled ALL liquids from your body out through your pores, eyes, nose, ears or whatever and last but not least is wonder Corgoth. The human body is basically a walking pile of dirt, let you imagination explain the danger he'd pose to any organic being."

Rebecca sat rubbing her lip thinking of the possibilities. "Cor would be not be nearly the threat as Tritaton! Brian has kept Neosis from claiming another partner hasn't he?" She asked a chill racked her body.

"Wha, why would he do that?" Erika asked.

"Neosis is the most dangerous of all the Psyker Blades as you have perceived. Only the most fanatical of ALL followers of the Remaker will be allowed a chance of bonding with him!" Archimedes stated.

"Why would they be so careful with that one when it sounds like they've bonded the rest wily-nilly?" Benjamen asked.

"I have had enough with the company of this feeble minded fool, is there somewhere else I can finish watching this video?" Rebecca asked glaring at Benjamen.

"There IS but view this as training." Came Icialan over the com. "And do not be to harsh on her, she has indoctrinated to the superiority of man on the single point of being a human."

"HEY!" Whined Benjamen. "Remember, I'm a guy trapped in a woman's body and what's so bad with being a human?"

"Nothing, nothing at all." Ashilon said over the com. "But if you want to talk superior, let's talk about the Salt Water Croc's or for that matter any creatures' skin compared to that of a humans. Intelligence? Try that of the octopus or ANY marine mammal. Balance? Try walking a few steps as a cat. Humans were NOT, are NOT and will NEVER be physically superior to any creature presently known. What DOES set humanity it apart or at least in the past was its adaptability, ingenuity topped by a stubborn streak that puts ANY jack-ass to shame."

"He means the animal not YOU, you idiot.' Crystal grumbled at her brother who started to open his mouth to start whining again. "Now can people PLEASE just be quiet so we can finish watching this thing?"

The image of Brian on the screen chuckled earning a glare from Crystal and Rebecca. "And I thought I was temperamental. As to our history. It was over eighty years before any real headway was made against the Doca. Speed could not be allowed as this might allow a Doca to go undetected. When all of declared Doca space had been swept three times the Imperial citizenry celebrated the end of the Doca threat. When the Warriors of the Blade as they had come to be called called upon the Imperium to allow them to do 'A' sweep of the Imperium in its entirety, many cried foul. When the outcry finally became loud enough the Emperor called the loudest of the nobles to give voice to the reason of their being against a once over by the Warriors."

"And let me guess, the one that was sent was a mind slave?" Nicole said with a smirk.

"No jumping ahead to the good parts!" The recording laughed. "It was the eldest daughter of House Blaunce of planet Arkardium that was sent to make the argument against allowing the Warriors free access to the Imperium as they had fulfilled their purpose. When it was time for the Warriors to argue for the need of a once over of the Empire, Lord Elion of planet Akarlian walked in front of Lady Ce'air and with a quick clean move drew Icialan and cut a nice deep gash into what had passed as a baby bump. As all but the Imperial family was mentally restrained by the other Warriors Lord Elion calmly reached passed the cut cloth and pulled out the remains of the adolescent Doca and threw them on the dais at the Emperor's feet. While looking at Lady Ce'air said that since the citizenry was so sure that the the Doca were no longer a threat and if the Emperor agreed with them, the Warriors would GLADLY return to their planet and their awaiting Academies and walked out of the throne room as Ce'air held the corpse of the Doca and continued to cry for her 'Master' to answer her. Word reached the Warriors as they were boarding their ship to leave that the Emperor had not only decided in the favor of the sweep of the Imperium but was curious if a Warrior would be willing to remain 'to keep an eye on things'!"

"YEAH! Finding the enemy all but fucking your ass WOULD kinda get the reaction." Snorted Jasmine.

"There may have been a outcry when the Warriors of the Blade wanted to do 'A' pass of the Imperium, the fun REALLY began when the Emperor demanded that they do a series of FIVE passes." The recording sneered. "Of course you'd think that the citizenry would see the sense of the passes. ESPECIALLY after the find of the third in a series of fourteen Doca breeding facilities on one of the biggest trade route planets in the Imperium. In the end, the 'hunt' lasted for ninety Earth years."

"Were they successful?" Asked Claudia.

"It is ASSUMED that they were BUT considering that cold-sleep technology had been discovered by this time we can but hope!" The recording continued. "It was during the reign of Reamaiinsk the three hundredth and fifty ninth that OUR story begins." The recording said with a sigh. "The Imperial archives on the prison ship 'Atherian' says that the Warriors of the Sword sacked and burned a colony to the foundations on Saerin 5 and then went on a year and a half slash and burn campaign. At the end of which the Warriors simply gave up and surrendered their swords. Once again a Emperor angered the populous by siding with the Warriors of the Blade, saying that it was entirely the fault of the Psyker Blades since they were psyonic beings and were guiding the actions of the Warriors. As riots erupted through out the Imperium the Warriors sought out the protection of the military, many of the Warriors gave themselves over to the mobs distracting them while the others reached the safety of military custody. In the end three colony ships were commissioned and constructed to send the Warriors into exile. It took several years for the ships to be constructed and considering that the three ships would be the most state-of-the-art on completion, which of course angered the citizenry, GREATLY! For the most part the citizenry calmed down when the Emperor told them the more advanced the ship, the farther away they would be taken. This for the most part quieted the complaints until the construction dragged on into the third year."

"How fucking whiny were our ancestors?" Erika asked, a question seconded by the others even Benjamen.

"According to records not relevant to this briefing; special interest groups like climate change, gay rights, minority rights and peta combined ain't got a damn thing on them." Archimedes said with a smirk as people deflated as what was said sunk in.

"WAIT! Minority groups aren't that bad." Benjamen said defensively. "They're only wanting what's due."

"If they are in the right or not when asking for compensation for wrongs committed or perceived to their ancestors is not what is being discussed right now Benjamen!" Archimedes said firmly. "What is, is that they whine, cry and complain like a four year old at Wal-Mart."

"No wonder our ancestors weren't liked, they had backbone." Claudia said softly.

"That is also Brian's assessment as well." Atherian said over the speakers. "I speak up to let you all know Laria is nearly there."

"DAMN IT!! SHUT UP guys so we can finish this!" Rebecca said as they all blanched at the news.

"When the last of the ships were completed outfitted and loaded for rudimentary colonies, the ships lifted and when at a estimated safe distance from inhabited worlds the space-tunnel drives were activated and sent to the farthest reaches of our galaxy." The recording said as people hunkered down as attentively as they could. "When the Atherian, the ship that carried OUR ancestors arrived at the designated region of space the drives suddenly activated once again and sent them here to Sol. As ship exited the space-tunnel the sled that carried the tunnel drive broke free and collided with the planet that is now our asteroid belt. Captain Anilease McBrather having been handed a terrible situation made the best command decision she could, she split the command staff between the three colony hubs that she ordered constructed to be either leaders or advisors to the fledgling colonies. Three colonies, three chances of survival on an unknown world in unknown space. When all had been completed on the colonies as best as could be done, Anilease took and buried the Atherian on a secluded place where it waited for nearly eighteen thousand years until Athena and I arrived at its airlock after a harrowing experience of getting swept down an underground river."

"I thought he looked familiar." Jasmine said thoughtfully. "So exactly what are we talking about when we talk about a state-of-the-art ship? Something doesn't add up with all this!! The way everything was stated it sounded like the Empire DIDN'T want to exile ANYONE, so WHAT happened to cause all of it?"

"Excellent!" Archimedes hissed. "You are truly worthy of my time child! Discussions with the Psyker Blades have brought some interesting little tidbits out into the open."

"Like what?" Jessica asked. "Someone close to one of the Warriors got kidnapped and was used to force the Warriors to go on the rampage?"

"Until both Imperial and Warrior forces finally brought a missed group of Doca to and then passed the doors of extinction." Archimedes said with grim satisfaction. "After the Doca had been eliminated the few slaves that they had were freed and in turn released the niece of Aran Trizen the second-in-command of the Warrior of the Blade forces."

"If the Warriors were so patriotic how could they so easily turn their backs on the Empire and leave it defenseless....... they left people behind, didn't they?" Benjamen asked with a smug look on his face.

"There were over eight hundred Blades by that time, so it was easy to slip Blades that had gone into hibernation into unsuspecting people's mausoleums." Archimedes said thoroughly amused at what had happened.

"WAIT A MINUTE!!" Nicole snapped. "Mausoleums? What they do? Break into crypts and stash swords all over the place?"

"Why break into crypts when the families of high and middle class themselves buried swords resting on top of the coffins of the patriarchs of the families." Archimedes asked amused. "It had been a practice for several hundred years so it was an easily achieved objective of slipping hibernating Psyker Blades among those slated to be burial swords. The Blades were to awaken and stand against any Doca that were to reappear after the ships had left."

"What pay grade is Laria exactly?" Rebecca asked curiously.

."She isn't what she claims to to be I assure you!" Archimedes said enthusiastically. "All she is is one of Brian's first companions when they all went to Idaho. They get along well enough when he is close enough to more or less control what she does and does not do. Apparently, you all are prime examples of what happens when he isn't. Being one of his first companions she is tolerated and considering that she gets what Brian wants done DONE, she is earning respect for that ability otherwise I am sure that the Legion would have locked her away by now."

"WHAT is this Legion you just talked about?" Asked Claudia.

"The Legion is the group that the animorphic beings that Brian created and is allowing to be created to carry out his orders, created. There is the Order, the Sentinels and the Hammer. The Hammer is for the most part the bulk of the fighting forces. The Sentinels are psyonic warriors, guards and covert ops. The Order is EVERYTHING else. They are being organized as builders, teachers, cooks, scientists. Basically if it doesn't kill you with its mind or pound you into a pulp or put a hole in you, it belongs to the Order. Just don't do something stupid and decide they can't defend themselves." Archimedes said chuckled. " Like the old Catholic School Headmaster plaques read, 'Have rod. WILL beat child!' They are also divided between East and Western Hemispheres. East is Thundera, West is Mobius."

"Wait, wait!" Jessica said interrupting. "Thundera, Mobius?"

"Y-e-e-e-a-h." Archimedes said slowly as he rubbed the back of his head. "No one's asked the animorphs about that but since BOTH are animorphic civilizations, what can be said? Anyway they are also sorted by abilities, strengths and weaknesses. Members of the Hammer have increased strength and resilience while only being moderate to average psychically active, if at all. Sentinels are average when it comes to physical traits while they are very psychically active. Members of the Order on the other hand are pretty average on most counts while very much more adaptable and intellectual when compared to either of the other two schools."

"Which 'school' is that horse Athena in?" Asked Claudia curiously.

"I.... I'm not sure." Archimedes said dumbfounded. "I simply have never thought about it! She's very much Sentinel class but she's far more than any Hammer, we must confer with Atherian."

"Why not with me?" A voice said from the doorway.

"Oh Athena, how are you? Are you healed enough to be up and around?" Asked Archimedes turning to her as she stood in the doorway.

"I have been for some time now." Athena said with a amused look on her face. "As to who and what I am, Command class or as Brianna has pretty much gotten everyone to start calling us, Daemons. Do not worry little one, basically extremely increased strength, endurance, bone mass, intelligence, toughened skin or hide all depends on the species, does not mean that we're Abyssal." She said with a grin at Claudia's' nervousness. "And our psychic abilities are a threat to ourselves as well as to those around us if we don't keep them under control."

"We saw!" Crystal chuckled. "But seriously, IS everyone going to okay?"

"Yes, there is no need to worry about that." Athena said offering her hand to Crystal. "The technology that we are using is more than adequate for such injuries even as serious as some of these were. We just can't bring the dead back to life."

"Warm dead or cold dead?" Rebecca asked with an interested look on her face.

"HUH??! What the hell are you talking about?" Asked Benjamen as just as Athena just stood there with a confused look on her face.

"Now THAT, is an EXCELLENT question Rebecca!!!" Exclaimed Archimedes. "A MOST excellent question indeed. You see," He said turning to the others. "It is POSSIBLE to revive someone with current Earth technology up to two and a half hours after they have been clinically pronounced dead as long as they were 'COLD' dead. Cold dead is induced by rapid cooling of the core body temperature, in essence inducing a unstable form of cryo-suspension."

"What do you mean by 'unstable' cryo-suspension?" Asked Jessica.

"A 'STABLE' cryo-suspension results in safe viable long term storage of a biological entity, while unstable results in a cold-sleep situation that safely lasts just long enough to get past bio-sensors. IF the people manning stations are complete lazy-assed bastards that need to have inspections jumped on them more often!" Archimedes said as he resettled himself on his chair. "Now before we get sidetracked again we must finish with your educations."

"Yeah Laria is probably here by now or close enough." Jasmine. "So just tell us what Brian is planning on doing and how, please?"

"Sure." Athena said with a shrug. "As of right now we have forces deep within the Vatican secret archives copying EVERYTHING for OUR archives." She said with a bow to Archimedes who returned it with one of his own. "As well as any and all places that we can narrow down that the countries around the world have stored their dirty little secrets. We are going for everything! Whether it's a new way to cook pea soup, a new way for pedicures or washing your hair. It does not matter to Brian! If it is possible to know it, he wants it in the archives."

"But what about knowing how to create nuclear weapons?" Jessica asked worriedly. "There is just some knowledge that's just plain evil."

"There is no 'good' knowledge and there is no 'evil' knowledge, there is just knowledge." Atherian said over the com. "It is how you USE that knowledge that defines if it is 'good' or 'evil'."

"Whatever." Athena sighed. "Now back to the whats and hows. Brian is adamant that the last thing we want to do is do a full on military invasion and conquer this world even though it could be easily accomplished."

"You don't understand or approve of not doing a invasion, do you?" Asked Rebecca.