Four Days in Paradise

Story Info
Change of life events.
14.2k words
4.59
23.9k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1 – The Training Session

"Not another training session! I can't afford the time away from the office. You know I'm behind on the Thompson's quarterly tax payment calculations and we need to get the rest of the partnership bookkeeping done to finalize that". My plea fell on deaf ears. I had to go. I couldn't argue against the entire accounting profession. It wasn't even like it was training in some place exotic. OK, I could put up with training in Las Vegas or San Francisco – but Kansas City? You can't even get a direct flight to the place.

I wasn't all that pleased about being on a plane again so soon in any event. Just last week I had been departing for Salt Lake City when, in front of my eyes, the UTA flight from Charlotte crashed and all on board were killed. With these thoughts, I sat in my window seat praying for the near impossible – not to be bothered by the person in the seat next to me. As we started down the runway, I watched the takeoff with the joy and frustration of a pilot in the back. A small flame and a puff of smoke from the engine were like a dream. The loud bang which accompanied them wasn't. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid we had a flat tire and will need to return to the gate" lied the captain as he throttled back the engines. I wasn't going to argue with him. At least we were getting off this plane! A second attempt on a new plane got us into the air and on our way to a week of boredom.

"When calculating earnings and profits for a newly purchase foreign subsidiary, a section 338 election should be made in order to eliminate the historical E&P and allow for a step up in basis and a fresh start. This benefits the client and makes our lives easier – ha ha" Oh god save me from moronic instructors. After two days of this I was ready to consider murder as an acceptable career path. The only ray of hope in this entire dismal event was my colleague from Atlanta I met at the firms' dinner last night. She seemed very nice and we had a long talk about shared work frustrations. Granted the divorce, mine, was only a few months old, but I still wasn't interested in making the emotional investment. I was looking forward to some nice but boring work conversation.

OK, so I have been wrong before and will be wrong again. At dinner we managed to sit together again – her instructor was no better than mine. The shared conversation around the table was the interminable dullness of the event. How much better we would do this if we were running the training sessions! After dinner, a huge crowd descended on the bar and there we wasted another hour or so mumbling about work pressures, deadlines, idiot clients – the usual CPA chit chat. "I've got to get some fresh air", my Atlanta colleague said. I could appreciate her thoughts and I too did not want to play the "Get stuck with the bar tab and try to explain that to the accounting department when you get back" game.

The hotel had a nice terrace on the top floor with a view of incredibly quiet and not so great looking downtown Kansas City. Turns out even with such a classic view, no one else seemed interested in sharing it with us. Our conversation moved from work to home. I explained my recent divorce and she explained her failing third marriage. It finally dawned on us that it was getting quite late, so back inside we went. At her door I risked a quick kiss on the cheek which she seemed to appreciate, and possibly approve of.

The fourth day was as mind numbing as the previous three. The only consolation was that we knew we were almost through. "When considering management and control for purposes of corporate residence, one must ensure true third party relationships exist. Otherwise, one risks a conflict of interest – not unlike our colleagues did with the Enron entities – ha ha" Even worse, they were doing Enron jokes. Please god, take me now! A smile from my Atlanta colleague across the room lightened up an otherwise dreary day. Another dinner. Another round of pass the check.

FRIDAY! It finally arrived. Thank god I can now get back to the office, try to catch up a bit on the weekend. I had an early morning flight back. Hopefully Monday wont be so bad. I could imagine all the irate client phone calls I would have to endure. Most of the attendees were going back home this evening. At dinner last night my Atlanta colleague and I arranged to have dinner tonight as we were two of only a half a dozen who couldn't get flights out until the morning.

I couldn't believe it. We actually found a decent restaurant in Kansas City! Not too big, nor pretentious. Good country French with a decent, not extravagantly overpriced wine list. Their casseoulet, while good, did not evoke the fond memories of my holidays last year in Tourraine. But, I thought, at least the company was good. Amy, I could no longer think of her as "my Atlanta colleague", was wonderful company and as the dinner progressed, and the wine was consumed, we returned to her life story. Third marriage was on the rocks. Husband had lost his job, his sense of self worth, his sense of everything. Amy had put up with it for 2 years but her patience was wearing thin. "I get him job interviews and he screws them up. Comes across as a big shot bit can't back it up in the interview. He wont even consider a different, or god forbid a more junior, position!"

I let her talked, mumbling an occasional "I understand". I did, actually, as I had been through the same thing. But I got out of it and so could he – if he wanted to. "As long as you pay the mortgage, put food on the table and have sex with him three nights a week and twice on the weekends, why should he even try to get a job?" I asked. Well, that got a good laugh. "Sex three times a week and twice on the weekends, you must be kidding. I'm lucky if he is willing to have sex once a month. Even then it wouldn't happen if I didn't initiate it." Wow, someone was in a worse position than I was.

Having my ex wife move out and in with her new boss I thought I might know his motive. "So is he having sex with someone else?" I asked. "Who would want him? OK, I know that's not fair" she said softly. "I just don't understand why he won't accept my emotional support. Its as if he has cut himself off from everyone, especially me."

Dessert was finished, the coffee dark and strong, just the way I like it. I know it keeps me awake at night, but to me, that's the way such a nice meal should end. I had given up smoking so the after dinner coffee was my one guilty pleasure. Walking back to the hotel in the cold night air, I had wrapped my arm around Amy for warmth. She smiled as we walked and our conversation turned to lighter subjects. Back at her room, as I was getting ready to kiss her goodnight and was already thinking about the mornings' early flight. "Would you like to see the lousy view of Kansas City from my balcony?" she asked quietly. Now, I'm a good ole boy from the South, so I assumed (stupid me) she actually meant what she said. So, as they say, I walked into it with eyes wide shut.

Her room was no different from my own in this clean but otherwise unremarkable corporate hotel. In fact, except for the fact that her room faced out of town and mine faced a brick wall across the street, they were identical. I followed her out to the balcony and we searched for, but couldn't find, the stars in the glow of the city's lights. The cold air brought my arm around her shoulder again and as we stood there, she moved my arm to around her waist. She smiled as we talked about the moon. I turned towards her for a better view of the moon and as I did so she reached up and kissed me ever so gently on the lips. She let herself back down and watched my face for a reaction.

Puzzlement was, I'm sure, the first reaction she saw in my eyes. "Do you mind?" she asked. "Nnnn no" I somehow was able to stammer. She reached up and kissed me again, this time I had the chance to return the kiss and we held it for a while. Softly, even chastely - as the fact that her third husband seemed to jump into my mind. I had been on the receiving end of a wife leaving her husband and didn't like it one bit. Knowing what I was feeling and why, Amy wrapped her arms around me tighter. Hey, 'I'm a guy. I could feel her body's warmth against mine. Her breasts pressed tightly against my stomach ( I am 10 inches taller than her after all) and yes, my body responded. I will admit to some embarrassment as she must have been able to feel me getting hard.

"It's warmer inside" she said with a smile on her face as she pulled me towards the sliding glass door. Now even a good ole boy finally figures things out. OK, I thought. She has sex maybe once a month at best and this has been going on for two years? I think I know where this is leading and I'm not really ready for this.

I sat next to her on the sofa – at least she didn't walk right into the bedroom. I did what I do best, I started to talk to her and to get her to talk. I figured if she was talking it would keep her busy. Now don't get me wrong, Amy is a beautiful woman. In another circumstance I would have jumped all over her. So we talked and talked and talked. She needed to talk and it gave me a chance to learn more about her. The next thing either of us knew, it was 5am and we both had planes to catch. I could tell she didn't want our time together to end but we both had commitments.

On the plane I didn't even notice when we took off. Lets just say I was distracted. The return was as I imagined. I got caught up a little and then it was back into the mindless drudgery that accounting can be.

Chapter 2 – Oh No, Not Another Training Session

"Not another training session! I can't afford the time away from the office. Gee where had I heard that before? Oh yea, I said it. Then I realized Amy might be there. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. It had been 7 months since that last training session and although I had thought about her a lot, the pressures of work drove most things from my mind. I called her in Atlanta to see if she would be attending that particular session. At least this one was in some place decent – Chicago. OK so its not the most exciting place in the world but at least it has Rush Street and the Sears tower. "Yes, I'm going. In fact, I was thinking about taking a few days vacation before the session. The training starts on Monday morning and I thought about getting there on Wednesday night."

It was our slower time of year in the accounting profession so we all had a bit easier time of it than in busy season. "I'll be staying at the training hotel but visiting with friends. Why don't you come up and see us?" I remembered the last time we were together, and her husband, but then thought well, she will be with friends so that should be OK. "OK" I replied. "Let me see what I can arrange and I'll confirm it with you later". Why not, I thought to myself. I deserve a bit of a break from this madness. After all, my trip to France last year was cut short and I had to fly back to stop some disaster or other no one else seemed to be able to deal with. So I let Amy know I was coming and made arrangements to get the time off.

Four whole days with no clients, no training – nothing but shear bliss. What would I do? I realized then that I had not had a day off, including Saturdays and Sundays, in the past 5 months. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy so I had better have some fun on this trip – besides, I don't know when I'll get another. This flight was direct and uneventful. The fear from last year's crash and engine problems had receded so I was able to enjoy the pleasure of being 5 miles above the ground in a giant speeding metal can.

"I have a reservation for Christiansen for 11 nights" I said in my best professional voice as I checked in. It was early evening and I was wondering where to have dinner. "Has Mrs Amy ..... checked in yet?" The negative reply was disappointing but not unexpected. I knew Amy and I would be arriving about the same time and we had planned to meet and go to dinner with her friends. After checking into my room, a better than the usual suite, I flipped though the TV while waiting to hear from Amy. After an hour, I checked with reception. Still no luck. I was starting to get hungry but told my stomach to wait.

Another 30 minutes, still no joy. After 2hours, I went to reception. "Your sure she hasn't checked in?". Now I was starting to wonder. Did she decide not to come? Did I do or say something that might have upset her? Was she all right? Back in my room I continued to wait, albeit not very patiently. Finally, as I was about to give up and go for dinner there was a knock at the door. Amy was at the door in tears.

"What happened", I asked quickly. "I have been here for three hours and couldn't find you" she cried. " I thought you decided not to come. That I said something to upset you." "Nnno" I stammered again. "I have been here waiting for you. I kept calling the front desk but they said Mrs Amy ...... hadn't checked in." Her crying subsided and the tears were replaced with laughter. "Oh no, I am so sorry – I didn't think to tell you. I got divorced last month and my reservation was under my maiden name!" Now she tells me. "Well what about you" she asked. "I was calling and they said you hadn't arrived either". Turns out my booking was in the name of my travel agent.

With the mystery solved and both of us feeling a bit foolish – and hungry, we decided to eat at the hotel. Amy's friends had been waiting so we apologized and agreed to meet up in the morning. Over the rather bland hotel dinner we caught up on work – and Amy's divorce. She had gone back home after our last training session and given her ex an ultimatum. He didn't, or couldn't, do anything so she left him and filed for divorce as soon as busy season was over. Conversation drifted as we both realized that nothing had diminished in 7 months – and now there was no husband.

"Take me back to my room?" Amy asked as we finished dinner. "Sure" I responded. As we were going up in the lift, I had to turn the throttle down a notch. Now look, I thought, you might still be interested but she hasn't actually said she was interested in you. Just take your time and go slow. See what happens. We made it up to her room, which, because of a snafu, had been upgraded to one of the nicest suites in the hotel. I was given the grand tour – dining area, sitting room with room for two sofas, two TV's, huge bath and sink area and a large bedroom with stunning views. Off the bedroom I noticed a doorway "Where does that go" I thought out loud. With a mischievous giggle Amy took my hand "Wait till you see this!" I followed her around the bed and through the doorway.

There was a room the size of my entire bathroom at home – with a hot tub big enough for four! Marble floors and a floor to ceiling window with a view of the stars. All this in the 24th floor? I was impressed. As we went back into the living area, Amy stopped off. I heard the sound of running water. "Shall I leave? Do you want to have a bath? I know it's late." I valiantly offered. "No silly man, I have the hot tub filling up." "But I don't have my.." "Well", Amy said, "you have two choices. First, you have just about enough time to go back to your room, get your swim suit if your modesty so requires and get back here before I get in the tub. If you aren't back though before I get in the tub, you are locked out." "And the second choice" I asked? "Well, regardless of what you do, I do not intend to wear a bathing suit. I am going to relax and enjoy myself and will not ruin that feeling by wearing clothing. I want to feel the bubbles all over my skin. So, you have a choice". I guess she had made things reasonably clear by that time so, as they say, when in Rome? "Ok, sold, I'll stay" I said with a sheepish grin. "I thought you might" she said with a wicked smile.

How does one fill the awkward minutes while the giant hot tub fills? I have absolutely no idea what I said, what she said or what else happened. I do know my cheeks were red and I was very embarrassed. Amy excused herself and went to check on the hot tub. I had no idea what hot tub etiquette was, but I was soon to find out. "Come in the water is fine. I'll close my eyes" Amy called from the tub.

Well, now or never. So I got undressed and took a bath sheet to preserve what little modesty I had left. When I got into the room, she did have her eyes closed, and she was conveniently covered by water, so slipping off the towel I hopped into the tub. "Ouch!" I cried as the heat of the tub scalded my skin. "Just sit still and it will be fine" Amy offered from the other side of the tub. I sat and soaked – it was pleasant after the pain died down. After a while Amy moved over to my side of the tub. She still had the most peaceful, blissful expression on her face.

"Either there are fish in this tub or your hand is on my leg" I said. "Hmm", was all the response I received. If she was going to explore, then so was I! As her hand gently fluttered up and down my leg, her finger tips playfully ignoring my middle and gently lingering on my chest, my own hand began to explore her feet. I was always a sucker for emerald green toenails! Her leg lifted as my fingers drifted from her ankle to trace the shapely outline of her calf. Her smooth skin flowed up towards her waist, where I too decided on a detour! As we both began exploring in earnest, Amy moved around in front of me and slowly, very teasingly, raised her body from the water. The sweat on her forehead dripped down onto the swell of her breast. One little drop rested playfully on her erect nipple as she rose all the way to her waist. There she stopped, letting me enjoy the view. Her head was framed by the background of the night sky in the window as my hand reached out and followed the curve of her throat, down her breastbone to her navel. An outie no less!

As I gently reached forward and cupped her left breast with my hand, she shivered and slowly began to sink back into the water. Keeping in contact, she leaned forward until her body rested on mine. I could feel both of her nipples against my own. They too were hard. As she realized this, Amy lowered her head and began to softly suck on first my right, and then my left nipple. A groan escaped my lips as my hands reached for her back and began to massage her neck and back in time with her sucking.

As time wore on, my hands moved further down her back until they were underwater, exploring her ass. Shiny and wet they felt smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom. "As much as I am enjoying this" whispered Amy in my ear, "I think we would both enjoy getting dry and moving to another room".

Chapter 3 The Massage

Amy rose from the hot tub and I watched, with mouth open, as her beautiful ass moved inches from my face. She looked over her shoulder, her hair framing her face "Are you coming?" I don't know how she meant that, but at that time I really didn't care. I followed her through the doorway, past the bed and into the sink/changing area. I grabbed her towel and gently began to dry her off. Patting her face, her shoulders and moving slowly down to her toes. It was the first time I had a good chance to see all of her. Did I tell you how much I liked her emerald green toenail polish? When she was dry, I stood up and let her do the same for me. When she stood back up, there was a big smile on her face.

"I have been told I give a first rate massage" blurted out of my mouth. "OK, I'll be the judge of that" replied Amy as she moved forward and lay on her stomach on the bed. I straddled her back as she raised her hair off the back of her neck giving me complete access from the neck down. I know she knew I was aroused as I was pressed so tightly against her legs. She couldn't help but feel the warmth and firmness of me as I began to massage her neck and shoulders. In fact, I do give a decent massage and a truly pleasureful moan escaped her lips. As I kneaded her tight back muscles and slowly moved down to her lower back, I leaned forward and offered her neck a nuzzle and a soft kiss. "Do that again and I will melt. I will be absolutely worthless for anything else" she whispered. Hmm, do I want melting or something else?