Fourth of July Sweethearts

Story Info
On the fourth of July, a couple sneak off for fun...
10k words
4.25
8.2k
5
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a short work of erotic fiction containing furry, or anthropomorphic, characters, which are animals that either demonstrate human intelligence or walk on two legs, for the purposes of these tales. It is a thriving and growing fandom in which creators are prevalent in art and writing especially.

*****

Fourth of July Sweethearts

"It is going to be a night to remember!"

Hans sighed and leaned back in the armchair before the fireplace, which was stacked with logs even though it was early July. In fact, July the fourth. And Beth's family, like most Americans, were all set to celebrate in the peak of style that only they were used to. Their country estate set in rural US with excellent ties to the big cities - as long as the road links were - bustled with waiters and event staff, all primed and ready to receive their many guests of the evening. The line of trees bordering the long driveway, reminiscent of stately homes of times gone past in their little cousin of Great Britain, were draped with many lights, all twinkling sweetly as twilight wrapped the estate in her loving arms.

The bat, however, was yet to celebrate his first Fourth of July within the United States. And it was turning out to be just a little bit different to what he'd expected.

"Isn't it a little...extravagant?" Hans wrinkled his short, bat muzzle and waved a paw, trying to find the words to convey what he really meant. "I mean, I understand the holiday, but nothing seems to be as elaborate with my family. You have the whole, well, not quite the neighbourhood, but your father seems to truly have invited anyone who is anyone around here!"

Beth grinned.

"Father socialises. A lot. You know he's been in the military and ties there are strong - it doesn't matter how long you were there for, not really."

She paused, eyes flicking to the painting above the fireplace of her father in full military uniform. He'd been a Major General when the painting had been commissioned and progressed to Lieutenant General before his stint was up. Beth resisted the urge to salute the painting. For all her father was strict in their family life, he had a history to be proud of right at his back. He, for one, had not been idle when duty called. And she could only be proud of him for that.

"Did you bring everything you need for the party?" She asked, eyes flicking to his state of dress.

Although the bat presented himself nicely at all times, there was a certain level of class required for a Fourth of July ball and she pursed her lips critically, eyebrows raised. He took the hint and smiled charmingly, smoothly disarming any protests that may have passed her lips.

"Oh, of course, my dear." Hans stood and twirled on the spot. "I would not wish to embarrass you at such a high society event. I shall have my glad rags on and be dressed to the nines."

He spun and dropped into a sweeping bow, arm flung out to the side.

"For my sweetest and dearest should never be seen with anything but the cream of the crop and nothing else."

Against herself, Beth giggled, the wolfess covering her mirth with her paw. But it was too late - Hans had seen her giggle and grinned widely.

"Come on," he said, offering his paw to help her up. "Would you be able to look over what I brought to wear?"

He shook his head and gave a sheepish smile. For all his growing confidence with his sweetheart, sometimes the shy bat still showed through the more suave exterior. Beth tilted her head and gave a low, questioning "wuff". It was not as if he'd ever asked for her help to dress before.

By way of explanation, the bat spread his paws out, palms up, to either side of his body.

"I'm fairly confident that I have stepped up to the dress code in as mannerly a fashion as I am able. And I know you would not turn down the opportunity to do a little shopping if I have not quite managed to meet your expectations in this regard."

Beth smiled and dropped a kiss on his cheek, warmth spreading through her chest at how the insides of his large, bat ears turned pinker with her close proximity and touch.

"You know me too well. But will you ever stop being quite so formal with me?"

Hans held a paw to his chest, the wings extending down from his arms folded in close to his body.

"Oh, my dear Bethany," he said, eyes wide and using her full first name. "I cannot bear to imagine what you would think of me if I dropped every single one of my formal nuances!"

His lips twitched in the ghost of a smirk.

"It would be an utter travesty!"

Beth rolled her eyes, but could not wipe the smile from her muzzle. So caught up in their day to day lives, it had been a while since she'd seen Hans in such good spirits, what with all of his extended study. The bat was dedicated, but it did take a toll on the mind when undertaken without a break. Sometimes she wondered if the bat would ever choose to finish his education at all. He certainly had enough money to continue for as long as he truly pleased. Just like her family.

"Of course it would. Now, come on. Let me see what you brought along with you for the ball. There is a tailor who will come out to the estate on short notice if you need anything adjusting at all."

Thankfully - or perhaps somewhat disappointingly to Beth - Hans' attire was suitable enough for the ball, if not quite up with the latest trends that Beth would have preferred. She still had him suit up in his full outfit, if only to see just how well the tailored suit draped over his body, giving him shape and form that his regular, everyday attire simply did not seem able to capture. Licking her lips, Beth twirled her finger in an unspoken instruction, ears pricked; the bat obediently turned slowly on the spot, pivoting on one hind paw. How was it that he'd managed to find a suit that so wonderfully accentuated his fine rear without being overtly sexual? She'd never know, yet she could still appreciate the effect.

Beth, however, did not have the same issue with her attire. Everything designed for the female form was to show off one's best features while smoothly concealing the rest. Not that she needed any 'less than perfect' spots hiding; the wolfess would stand smiling at her own bare body - or dressed, for that matter - in the mirror for hours if left to her own devices. Some said that she was vain, but she would only have replied, if she'd even paid the comments any mind at all, that there were enough females that loathed their own bodies that she was making up for it simply as she was.

Self-confidence was becoming a rarer and rarer trait in furs of the female persuasion as they stepped further and further into a male dominated world. But Beth was certainly not one to let such an insignificant nuance get the better of her - oh no! Not a chance in heaven or earth.

She smirked at her reflection in the mirror and tapped the side of her muzzle as Hans undressed, changing back into his regular clothes so that his suit would remain fresh and pressed for the evening ball. Her outfit had been chosen by weeks - all designer, of course. She wouldn't have gone for anything but the best, as her sweetheart had said. She blushed minutely and tipped her muzzle away, even though the bat was not looking at her. He was getting to know her well: better than anyone else.

Hans did not notice the warmth in her cheeks and ears as they left the dressing room, Beth with a secretive smile stretching her lips. He'd almost been shocked that there was a private fitting room in the estate house, but had recovered himself admirably and swiftly. Although his family was wealthy, sometimes he forgot Beth's position in the grand scheme of wealth, even though it was her intelligence that set her right for her studies abroad.

But such things did not matter when the lovers were alone, out of bounds of all that would have only have seen them together for the power their joined status brought. Beth swallowed hard, darker thoughts clouding her mind as they wandered through the grounds, the grass soft beneath her hind paws, clad in sandals. Her sundress floated around her legs as they walked, paw in paw, a companionable silence lending peace to their surroundings.

Beth sighed and shook her head, catching the bat's attention. Hans gave her a questioning look, stretching out his arm to rest his paw on her opposite shoulder. She gladly stepped into his comforting warmth, his leathery wing resting down the length of her back.

"Is there something on your mind, dear?"

Beth winced and would have shaken her head if she'd thought she could've gotten anything past the bat. Hans brushed his lips over her hair, lips tickling the brunette strands as they padded lightly into the trees. The wolf groaned softly as delicious pools of shade flickered onto her fur and she stretched out her free paw, wiggling her fingers as if she could draw just a little more of the sun's warmth from them simply by spreading them out.

But Hans was still waiting for an answer - rather patiently for him - and she took a deep breath, breasts lifting with the expansion of her lungs.

"Has any more been said about..." She waved her paw vaguely, tongue pressed to the roof of her mouth as if she could trap her words behind it. "You know... The thing."

Hans pressed his lips together.

"I did not believe that was still on your mind, Bethany."

She cringed at his formal use of her name. The topic was a sore spot still, that much was sure.

"It's not something I can really get off my mind. You know everyone expects it to happen - sooner rather than later too."

Hans sighed.

"Our engagement is not official as yet."

Beth shrugged, rolling her shoulders back and tugging her paw from his grasp.

"Perhaps we should make it official? I'm not sure what sort of grief you're getting over it, but it's daily with me. I'm tired of it. I just want to continue with my studies and keep going as far as I can, but everyone expects me to have a husband already."

She eyed him, lips twisting.

"And, with how long we've been together, everyone expects it to be you."

Hans stopped, heels digging into the soft ground beneath the branches, the little copse allowing them privacy from an outside world that suddenly seemed too large for either of them to handle - or at least not alone.

Putting her paws on her hips, Beth scowled, pretty face darkening as she stood between Hans and the way forward.

"Why will you not make it official already?" She demanded, eyes flashing as her torso tipped forward. "We're as good as married already and I know that you, at least, will not try to make me into a housewife."

She wrinkled her nose at the thought and would have spat on the ground if she had not been a more educated wolfess. Hans parted his lips to speak, but Beth bowled over him, striding on with her words.

"It's a done deal already, unless there's something not telling me," she said, his words taking on a sharper tone. "So, what is stopping you from going to your father and making the announcement?"

She took a deep breath, eyes steely.

"We could even announce it today, if you found the nerve to. It would be perfect."

She stopped there, having said all that there was in the back of her mind to say. The bat closed his mouth and stood quite still, not even shaking his head, paws relaxed at his sides. Beth chuffed softly in the back of her throat in what was supposed to be a disapproving noise at his silence, but came out as a strangled sort of snort. The wolf winced and folded her arms, tapping

"Well?" She demanded. "Have you no words?"

The bat turned slowly to face her and advanced, steps foreboding as he backed her up to a tree. She briefly held her ground, but something in his eyes drove her back more than the encroach of his body, pushing into her space.

When she could retreat no further, the wolfess' breath caught, back up against the rough bark of a pine tree. What strain of pine the tree was beyond that she could not have said, but she swallowed hard as Hans rested his paw possessively on her hip, eyes searing with an intensity that she had not known he possessed.

Maybe her shy little bat had a side more confidence than she'd given him credit for. The wolfess fluttered her eyelashes at him. Yet she could not forget what had driven them to such a position. Likewise, she could not ignore the hardness pressing steadily through his trousers into her lower abdomen, demanding attention much the same as she had.

"Hans?"

She put her paws on his chest, spreading them flat, but did not try to push him away. The bat shook his head and ran his paws up from her hips to her waist, feeling the curves of her body as he hitched up her sun dress. Beth frowned, though every fibre of her being ached to turn around and snarl at him to fill her, demand every bit of what she deserved from him. Yet she could not ignore that he hadn't answered her. She clenched her jaw. Was he just trying to avoid the question?

"Hans, you haven't answered me," she forced out her thoughts, heart rate increasing to a frenzied beat. "Come now, Hans, I know this game. You can't distract me like this. I need to know what you are planning."

She paused to add additional severity to her following words.

"This is not negotiable."

Hans held her gaze, the flatter bit at the end of his muzzle twitching. Bethany inhaled deeply, filling her lungs for words that she did not yet know as the bat's paw crept insistently up her thigh. She laughed hollowly. Like that was going to distract her! She could play that game too!

"Bethany."

She shivered, words dying on her tongue as swiftly as they had been born, falling unsaid into what little space remained between them. His voice rolled over her, low and husky with bundled up emotion tight in his throat.

"Yes?"

She was almost afraid to push him. Almost. Not quite.

"I love you."

And then his lips crashed into hers and all was forgotten, if but for a little while. His tongue flicked out against her lips and she moaned, welcoming him in as the lost lover he was. Too much distance had been between them, causing strife that should not have been. Bethany cursed herself for listening to onlookers and gave herself over to the kiss, wrapping her arms around Hans' neck and kissing him as deeply and passionately as ever. Her muzzle commanded him, despite him initiating, and she rolled her hips up to his hardness, need flaring up all too swiftly in the pit of her stomach.

Was there ever a time that she did not want him? Luckily, she was a wolf that was yet to be denied every bit of what she craved and more. She smirked, breaking the kiss breathlessly, a trail of spittle connecting their lips for a fleeting moment.

"And I thought you didn't want me."

"Oh, Bethany," Hans breathed, paw stroking her inner thigh. "I could never not want you."

The words came out oddly convoluted for the formal bat, but she wasn't about to call attention to them in the moment. His paw quested higher and Hans visibly started as his thumb grazed her bare pussy lips, already slick with her own arousal. Beth blinked innocently, though the grin stretching her lips wide did not portray her quite so well.

"Beth..." He groaned and pressed up, two fingers sliding all too easily into her wet sex. "You came out like this?"

"If you mean without undergarments, you would be correct there, sweetheart." Beth fluttered her eyelashes at him. "Do you not like it?"

"Oh, I like it very much, trust me."

The bat grunted as he pumped his fingers slowly, teasing the wolfess as he knew best. Arching into his touch, the wolf pulled her dress up higher, exposing her long, shapely legs and her completely bare lower half, undressed as such for his eyes and his eyes alone. The pine needles rustled in the breeze and she moaned breathily, air caressing her fur with as much finesse as a lover's sweet kiss after midnight.

Locking his lips with hers, he playfully battled with her tongue as he dragged his thumb over her clit, though it was a game of domination that he knew the wolfess would win. She only, after all, liked the illusion of him being in charge. Nerves thrumming with energy, Beth yanked at his trousers, undoing his belt with fingers that trembled from sheer untamed need rather than any sort of nerves. It had been a very long time - if ever - that Beth had worried about doing anything with her lover.

But Hans could tease too much sometimes. She broke the kiss with a low growl, fingers curled dominantly around the back of his neck. Her lover was holding out on her.

"You've got more than that in you, darling." Beth locked her gaze with his, commanding. "Show me."

Hans was getting better. These days, he only needed that little push to give her what she truly craved.

Driving her back to the tree, he let his loosened trousers drop to his ankles and tugged his loose underwear down just enough to free his shaft, balls tucked back inside his boxers. She caught a glimpse of fashionable royal blue - the colour was all the rage - that contrasted nicely with his smooth, brown fur before she was up in the air. Shoulders pressed firmly back against the tree, she gasped and clung to him, legs wrapping around his waist more from practice at the motion rather than conscious thought. Her body knew what to do even if her mind was still catching up.

"Beth..." He breathed, nose tucked under her chin. "I want you and only you. But I know that cannot be enough in these times."

Beth groaned and panted as his teeth grazed down her throat, blunter than she would have liked, yet still reminiscent of his lupine grandfather with that little edge of wolf in his nibbles. He wasn't one that looked like a hybrid, however; to most outward appearances, Hans Wolf-Scarff was a full blooded bat, even if the name did cause one to raise an eyebrow if they were not already in the know. Beth's breath caught as the head of his shaft, smoothly rounded and tapered, pressed up to her bare sex. The soft knot, which was yet to inflate, at the base of his shaft was a more acute reminder of this.

Capturing her lips in a deep kiss, he dug his fingers into her buttocks and slammed in. His length crudely penetrated her, needing no additional lubrication as her natural juices dripped over and slathered his achingly hard shaft. And, when they would have once grumbled and fumbled for him to enter her, the bat now knew her body well enough that all it took was a little dip and push of his hips to claim the prize both of them sought so dearly.

The wolfess panted and moaned into the kiss, back trying to arch even as she held onto her lover, pulled out and away from the solidity of the bark as he thrust. Growling passionately, the bat drove in fiercely, each and every thrust brushing the coarse fur of his crotch over her clit. Beth squealed and twisted, tail trying to wag and only managing to thwap softly against the tree at her back.

Seeking leverage for his thrusts, the bat broke the kiss breathlessly and eased her back against the tree, driving into her with the long, deep strokes that made her moan so beautifully. She didn't even care how rough the bark was on her back, bare shoulders rubbing into the uneven surface, as he thrust. All that mattered to her was that he kept thrusting, harder and deeper, until she was satisfied over and over again.

She'd never been a single round wolfess, after all.

Groaning and panting, Hans' hips juddered up against her, his short tail twitching madly. She would have smirked and teased him for being so close to orgasm already, his knot swelling and pressing against her pussy lips, if she was not also teetering on the edge. Shivering, she languished in the sensation of her muscles burning lightly, aching as she was ploughed so wonderfully. The strain of holding herself up for her lover while he hammered into her only added another more delectable edge to their lovemaking that made the skin on the back of her neck prickle delightfully.