Fourth Vector Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Melora opened up with the most beautiful smile that Heron had ever seen. "I'm so grateful for your acceptance, E-Elektra," she said, before turning to look at the king. "Your father is a great man, and one who warms my heart like none other."

Elektra smiled and nodded. "I'm glad to hear it. Come, let's have our dinner. I'm starved!"

The three of them sat at their designated spots around the table. Heron opened up a seat right next to him for Melora, enjoying the sight of her beautiful figure now at his side. He grabbed her hand and gently squeezed it as the servants began to bring out their meal. As their dishes were placed on the table, the conversation started up.

"So Melora, did you enjoy the parade today?" asked Nikias as he eyed the roasted duck in front of him.

"It was lovely, Nikias," said Melora with a genuine smile. "You both looked resplendent in your outfits, and I've never seen the city so enthusiastic about your upcoming nuptials."

Elektra nodded. "It's been some time since we've had this much to celebrate about. It's been a long road to get to this place."

"A long road indeed," said Heron, grabbing his daughter's hand. "For a long time, I didn't know if we would get through it."

"But we did," Elektra insisted before gesturing to the other two. "And maybe now we can have our chance of a long life in peace."

"A long life in peace? From my warrior daughter?" asked Heron with a slight chuckle. "My dear, you've really changed."

Elektra giggled. "Oh, all right. Maybe a battle or two in there somewhere."

Laughter erupted around the table as they dove into their meals and the conversation became much more lighthearted. While Heron launched into a story about the last time Sorella had seen such a grand wedding, Elektra and Nikias followed it up with a full rendition of the events for the day, earning a delightful round of laughter amongst all of them.

Afterward, Melora suffered only a mild round of grilling from the other two as she answered questions about her own life and her thoughts on a variety of subjects. Heron knew they were doing it only because they wanted to see his happiness, but he couldn't help but feel for Melora as she squirmed awkwardly in her seat. Not soon enough for her, the questioning ended as the topic changed, and they finished their meal as the darkness of the evening descended around them.

"Well, that was a fitting end for a nearly perfect day," said Elektra finally, as she pushed out from the table. "But I'm getting rather tired."

"As am I," said Nikias. "Perhaps it's time for bed?"

"Why don't you go get the bed ready for us," said Elektra with a small smile. "Father, if you don't mind, I'd like a word with you alone."

Heron nodded while casting a glance over at Melora. The woman had been wearing a satisfied smile once the questions had stopped, but he could see a tinge of fear on her face at what Elektra might say. "I'll be right back," he whispered into her ear, as he stepped out of the room with his daughter.

Once they were out of earshot, Elektra stopped to face him, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Heron's brow crinkled in confusion at the change in body language, wondering if they were about to have a tough discussion.

"What's on your mind, Elektra?" he asked hesitantly. "What did you want to talk about?"

To his surprise, she cracked a sly grin. "I never thought I'd see this day come to pass."

"What do you mean?"

She pointed back to the dining room. "I mean Melora. I thought after mother passed, you'd spend the rest of your life alone. You didn't seem like you'd ever move on from that."

Heron nodded solemnly. "It took me a long time to accept. In no way is Melora a replacement for your mother. But her presence is soothing to me. I enjoy being around her, and I love the person that she is."

"So you do? Love her, that is?"

Heron nodded again. "I do."

Elektra smiled. "Good. She's right for you. Someone who can make you happy. I rather like her as well."

Heron chuckled. "What's not to like? She's a wonderful woman."

"Part of me wanted to give you hell for this," admitted Elektra with a teasing grin. "But I can't deny that Melora would be a good fit for you."

"So I have your blessing then? To keep seeing her?"

Elektra nodded. "Will you marry her eventually?"

"I hope to," he admitted. "If she wants me, then I will. I wouldn't mind growing old with her."

"Good. Then you'll hear no complaints from me. I'm glad that you've found each other. Who would've thought that the two of us would find happiness after all that's happened?"

Heron engulfed his daughter in a heavy embrace. "That very thought has crossed my mind more times than I can count. I think this is the way we move on from the past. A chance for us to create our own futures?"

Elektra smiled. "For that, I'd give the world."

*****

It was a beaming king that walked back into the main dining hall after the conversation with his daughter. Nothing compared to getting the approval of Elektra in that moment, and the only thing he wanted to do was share the news with Melora.

He found her still at the table, looking like a nervous wreck and no doubt wondering about the topic of his previous conversation. Her head quickly swiveled in his direction as she heard him approach, her eyes eager for news.

"What a lovely dinner that was," said Heron as he rubbed his stomach. "I'm quite stuffed right now, and the conversation was just terrific."

Melora's eyes went wide and she gave him an impatient look. "Aren't you going to tell me what all of that was about?"

"All of what, dear?" He didn't mean to be cruel, but having a small degree of fun with the woman was too much to pass up.

Melora waved her arm in the direction of Elektra. "What Elektra just said! What you two just talked about in the hall? Are you going to clue me in?"

Heron shrugged playfully. "I might. If you kiss me."

Melora stood up from the table and shook her head. "Not until you tell me!" As hard as she was trying, a smile was starting to form on her face. She was buying into their little game.

"Just one? And then I'll tell you everything."

Melora sighed dramatically and beckoned him closer. "Fine. Just one. And then you spill the details, got it?"

"You would think here that you're the sovereign instead of me with that kind of attitude," he said with a chuckle.

Melora raised an eyebrow, only furthering his laughter. "Kiss me already!"

Heron took her into his arms and placed the deepest, most passionate kiss he could muster on her lips. Melora was surprised at first judging by her body language, but she soon melted into the kiss as her body pressed into his. It was only with the loss of breath and a heated look in her eyes that she pulled away afterward.

"I haven't been kissed like that in a long time," she panted.

"A pity then. Someone like you should be kissed like that multiple times of day," he whispered against her lips.

She smiled warmly. "Are you going to quit toying with me or are you going to tell me what Elektra said?"

Heron beamed. "She approves. You have nothing to worry about."

"You're being serious right now?" She gave him a questioning look.

He nodded. "I am. She was thankful that you were in my life and wished us all the happiness that we can have."

Melora couldn't restrain herself any further. She clapped her hands together excitedly and then soon threw her arms around his neck. "I was so worried about this," she whispered against his ear. "So worried that she'd object and what it might mean for us."

"My daughter is remarkably levelheaded when she wants to be," said Heron. "And plus, I think Nikias helps to balance her out even further."

"She's a lovely woman," said Elektra. "And he'll be a wonderful son-in-law for you. Today is their day as much as anything."

Heron tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "If today is their day, I was hoping tonight might be our night?"

Melora gave him a coy look. "What are you asking, Heron?"

"I just thought that perhaps you would join me tonight? In my personal chambers? And stay theentire night?"

Melora's breath caught in her mouth. "What kind of girl do you take me for, Your Majesty?" Her playfulness was back with a vengeance.

"One who might take pity on an old man and warm his bedside?"

Melora pressed in for a sweet kiss. "You're not old and no one is taking pity on you. Especially after what you're in for tonight." She gave him a heated look, one that he felt deep inside his chest. It was a look of promise just as much as it was erotic.

"I hope you're not the one teasing me now."

She shook her head. "I would never," she whispered sensually. She kissed him again and again, leaving a light trail that started at his lips and ended near his neck.

"I really like this side of you," said Heron with a shudder. "You went from nervous wreck to tigress really quickly."

Melora looked back into his eyes. "I was so worried about Elektra and so afraid of what might happen if she didn't approve. I thought it put a question mark on whether we could continue this or not. With her approval, I'm ready to give all of me to you, Heron.All of me," she repeated much more slowly, emphasizing each word.

"If you're ready then, I think we should go to bed," he said in a panting whisper.

Melora nodded eagerly. "Please take me to bed."

They rushed out of the dining hall like two newlyweds on their wedding night. In the process, Melora nearly smacked into a servant bringing clean bedding into Heron's chambers, frightening the servant girl greatly.

"I'm so sorry!" said Melora after she helped her pick up the dropped sheets. Heron could only chuckle as the servant girl soon put them back in their place and scampered away from the couple.

"I'd say you scared the poor girl," he said with a laugh.

Melora turned red. "At least she brought us clean sheets. After I'm done with you tonight, we might need them."

Heron raised an eyebrow. "All this time, I thought you were pure, chaste consort. I didn't know you had this side to you."

She started to undo the buttons on her dress. "There's a few things I'd like to show you about me. Sides of me that only you'll see, Heron. That is, if you want me?" She let her dress drop to the floor. Melora was wearing nothing underneath.

Heron found himself biting his tongue at the sight of her fully nude. It was the first time she'd exposed her body to him in this way, and he was at a loss for words at the sight. Her skin was perfectly olive in color, just tanned enough in the right places to make him hot under the collar. Her curves were soft and feminine, spreading out over her hips before pulling into her taut stomach. Melora's breasts were on the large size, a feature he never would have realized from the way her clothes hid them. They were capped with small, tiny nipples, and he ached to have his hands over every inch of her.

"I take it you like what you see?" Melora gave him a coy grin as she moved toward the bed.

"You're the most beautiful woman in the world," whispered Heron as he watched her body.

"Then will you join me on your bed, Your Majesty?" she teased, arching her back and sticking a single leg into the air.

Heron moved closer to the bed, preparing to slide onto it when she started to shake her head. "Not fully dressed, Heron. Like me. Take your clothes off."

Heron paused. "You don't want to see an old man without his clothes."

She stood up quickly and grabbed onto his trousers. "Yes, I do," she growled. "Despite what you think of yourself, you're mine now. I'm attracted to you, and I want you to be naked with me."

"You're not going to give up on this, are you?"

She shook her head firmly.

"All right," he said with a sigh, holding his arms out. "Do me the honors?"

She gave him a wicked grin as she made short work of his clothing. The king's royal garments were soon on the floor in a crumpled heap. Heron wanted to cover himself out of fear that his older body would turn her off and put an end to their evening. However, Melora was full of surprises. She took him in, examining him from head to toe. It was a nerve-wracking experience for him, and it ended when she pressed her body to his and kissed him passionately. When she finally pulled back from the kiss, her eyes locked on his.

"You were most worried about Elektra," he whispered. "This is what I was most worried about."

Melora's gaze softened and she touched his cheek lovingly. "You don't need to worry about anything. I love you for what's in here." She touched her chest.

"I just hoped I'd be enough for you."

"You're everything to me. Don't ever doubt that, all right? You made me love again, Heron."

He nodded softly. "I'd like to show you how I feel about you tonight. How I really feel."

She smiled and helped him onto the bed, his body soon pressing against hers. Heron felt the wonderful smoothness of her skin, the erectness of her nipples against his chest, and the hot warmth of her breath against his cheek. He could feel his manhood pressing against her thigh, earning a throaty giggle in the process.

"I'm glad to see you're so excited to see me."

"It's hard not to be, especially whenever I look at you."

"What are you waiting for then? Put it inside me, Heron."

He reached between them, guiding his member to her source of heat. With one delicate thrust, they both gasped as their bodies became one. Melora was wet with need, and her hands grabbed both of his sides and pulled him in deeper.

"I've been waiting so long for that," she said with a content sigh as soon as he'd filled her fully.

He nuzzled her face. "You and me both. You feel wonderful."

She smiled and locked eyes on him. "Thank you. I'm not sure if I ever told you that, but thank you, Heron."

"For what?"

"For everything. For rescuing me back in East Sorella. For being the kindest, handsomest man I've ever known. For giving me my life back. For my dignity back. For giving me a second chance. There's a handful of reasons, take your pick."

Heron smiled. "I could say the same as well. I never thought I'd love again until I met you."

"Then let's just celebrate our second chance the best we can, hmm? Make love to me, Heron."

He was only too happy to oblige that request. Within the space of a few heartbeats, their hips were moving together in gentle unison. Heron wrapped his arms around her shoulders while her arms did the same around his back. Her kisses were soft, deep, and they only turned more pressing when their pace quickened.

He found himself turned on by the sounds of her subtle moans and soft coos of approval. In short order, her body was responding to his, and he could begin to figure out just what she liked. Melora preferred an alternation of deep, powerful strokes coupled with short, shallow ones, and soon he was rewarded with her first orgasm.

"Oh, right there. Right there, my love," she moaned, arching her back and pressing her chest tighter against his. He kept up a steady rhythm the best he could, but it was quickly becoming apparent how long it had been since he'd engaged in this kind of activity. The need of his body started to grip him, forcing his own orgasm not long after.

Melora kissed him passionately as he filled her, and he soon collapsed to her side. She curled up into his arms with a happy moan of approval as her fingers danced across his thigh.

"That was just what we needed," she said happily, as she teased his slick member once more.

"It's been way too long, and I think we were overdue," he agreed.

"Overdue is right. But it just felt so right," she said, stroking him again. "I love you, Heron."

He smiled and caressed her cheek. "And I love you. And if you keep stroking me like that, I'll have to take you again in short order."

Melora grinned wickedly. "Is that a promise?"

"Keep stroking and find out yourself."

The grin never left her face, and her hand never slowed down.

*****

It was two days later when Jack got an interruption from Twitch that someone was there to see him out on the main docks. He was doing reports when Twitch knocked at his door excitedly, and then came in once beckoned.

"Someone is requesting you outside, Jack. Looks to be Picard navy if I had to guess by his uniform."

Jack nearly bolted upright. Remembering his deal with Commander Booth from a couple days prior, he wondered if his plan had borne fruit. He'd been nervous when Booth didn't get back to him after the first day, with no word getting through to theDestiny if he was able to arrange passage to the palace.

For that reason, Jack went back to the port office yesterday morning in an attempt to figure out what Booth was able to accomplish. Worryingly enough, Booth was absent from the office.

"Do you know when he'll be back? It's important that I see him," said Jack to the port official, the same man that was there when he made the original deal with Booth.

The official shrugged. "I'm not sure, sir. He was supposed to be in today, so I'm not sure why he's not here."

"Will you let him know to stop by my ship as soon as he gets in?"

The official nodded. "Certainly, sir."

Jack never heard back from Booth, and he started to worry. Perhaps something had happened to him? Perhaps he'd been caught and wasn't able to deliver his message? Or maybe he just played Jack like a fool, taking the gold with no intent to help.

Jack stewed over it for most of yesterday and this morning, that is, until he received the message from Twitch.

"Let's see what Booth has discovered," said Jack as he put his naval cap on. "He's just a little delayed, but better late than never."

The two men quickly made their way above deck and moved to the nearest gangplank. Jack looked over the side of the ship, expecting to see Booth on the dock waiting for him. His brow crinkled in confusion as he saw another officer who wasn't Booth, surrounded by two members of the naval infantry.

Shit.

The officer that awaited him was much older than Booth, with almost completely gray hair and a worn, weathered face. He watched Jack without any expression on his face, completely blank to what was about to transpire.

"Commodore Jack Easterbrook of the Javan Empire?" he asked, as soon as Jack was on the dock.

"That's me. What is this about?" asked Jack. "Did we get our permit?"

"I'm Rear Admiral McNally of the Picard Navy," said the officer, as he rummaged for something in his breast pocket. "And I believe this belongs to you."

He held out the bag of gold that Jack had deposited with Booth two days prior. The color started to drain from Jack's face. He was at a loss for words, unsure what to say about being caught trying to bribe Booth. Unfortunately, McNally was willing to continue the conversation.

"Your bribe to theformer commander of this port has been discovered," continued McNally. "Your co-conspirator in this act has been removed from the Picard Navy for his actions, and you have been placed on the blacklist. Your vessels are no longer welcome in Picardy for your own actions, and you have twenty-four hours to leave this country or else you will find yourself at war with all of Picardy."

"We didn't come here to start a war or to be hostile," said Jack while shaking his head. "The purpose of this mission was to find an alliance."

"And yet now you are on the cusp of war. How quickly fortunes change, hmm?"

"Did this come from the king? Does Aedan know about this?" asked Jack.

"This comes from the navy, bound in oath to keep this country safe from all threats," said McNally in a haughty tone.

Jack could at least keep a sense of hope at that admission. He hoped that Aedan wouldn't have turned against him before he even had the chance to meet him. It still didn't help his current predicament though.

1...456789