Frankie's Story Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*******

It had been three days since Frankie left to be with her folks. Marci called the first day ... sarcasm wasn't very attractive on her especially when she asked me to find out from my boss when he was going to steal her daughter away for a year again. The laugh she got in return didn't go according to her plan I don't think. As for me, I immersed myself in work and didn't come up for air until I found Mrs. Gillins in my chair glaring at me.

"Do not take the tragic accident of Miss O'Connell to the extreme Jack. While she is convalescing you have Francine in your life and when Miss Harper finally pulls her head out of her ass you will have her as well. Until then take everything a day at a time, you are the head of this company and that alone allows you some latitude. But even that gets old eventually."

I saw the look in her eyes and knew she wasn't about to move so I made myself comfortable for a long lecture.

"Is this the same advice you got about your husband?" I immediately felt bad for the dig.

There was sadness in her eyes, even after all these years.

"Donny died in active service, Jack. All I have is a flag and his medals but I had my prince charming for awhile. You know I lost my son a couple years ago to cancer. Yes, I still mourn their loss but I do not blame my best friend for my tragedy. Miss Harper didn't cause the accident at the studio, Jack. She is simply struggling with herself. You need to help her not punish her because she wasn't there for you all."

I looked down the corridor to see if anyone was near. Mrs. Gillins, knowing where this was leading, got up and shut my door.

"How long have you known?"

"About a year after I started working for you. Don't get me wrong I have no interest in your lifestyle. You keep it discreet and for that I'm happy to help cover for you on the few occasions you slip up. The device you had Marlon build being one of them. Miss Harper needs your help. A little patience and some sessions, in what I believe you call it a playroom, will work wonders for her."

Mrs. Gillins smiled, nodded and left my office closing the door behind her. I called Samantha and she picked up on the first ring.

End of Chapter Six