Freedom Ch. 01

Story Info
Romance in the Civil Rights era.
1.6k words
4.54
36.8k
28

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 11/08/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was raised in a quiet and small neighborhood in south Texas where things seemed stuck; every day was just like the last at home as well as at school. Suddenly things began to shake up in my town once the Civil Rights movement hit. In my white world I was ignorant to those who were different from me and did not understand too well what was actually going on and honestly I did not care because I was comfortable in my life. That comfort was challenged when I went off to college; my roommate Larry Grunth from the north challenged my passive thought and forced me to see things as they really were. Larry changed my world and it was never ever going to be the same again. My parents disapproved when I started going to Freedom Meetings with Larry and his friends. In the same room I saw both black and white students in harmony discussing how to peacefully solve this problem of gross injustice. The whole motion excited me as we the college students of America had the ability to a great change for the better.

One night Larry and I were at a meeting making plans to go on a tour around Texas, making speeches, passing out pamphlets, and conducting peaceful protest. In our own city things seemed to be changing but even more so was my mind. I had never had such passion about anything. It gave my life color that I could not get enough of. Larry and I signed up to help out with the tour along with a black girl named Ella. I noticed her the first time I came to a meeting with Larry. She was sitting in the back all by herself wearing a yellow dress. Her dark brown hair was cut short and showcased her long lashes, high cheekbones, and full lips. There were plenty of girls in my life who I thought were pretty, but she was more than that. From that meeting on I would look for her. She rarely talked but when she did she had such eloquence, it blew me away. I thought I could listen to her all day. Larry told me that she was a writer and convinced her to write a few pieces for the members who came to the meetings. When I read them, I knew what I was doing was the right thing.

We started on our plans and let out a bit early to avoid the brutes and aggressors who usually waited for us to finish so they could shout nasty things at us. Jared, a tall and skinny black guy who Larry and I had become friends with wanted to talk to Larry privately. I was about to walk back home alone when I saw Ella doing the same. "Ella!" I called out to her. She turned around and smiled.

"Can I walk you home?"

"Sure, thank you Daniel." I sped up to catch up to her. She looks so pretty that night in her dark green dress and red lipstick. How could anyone hate such a beautiful creature? The contrast between us was great. Her skin was the color of milk chocolate and her eyes were dark chocolate brown. She was around 130 pounds probably, 5'4, with 36C breast. I, on the other hand, was 6'1, athletic build, auburn hair and light green eyes that matched the color of glass. "I am really excited about his tour. Hopefully my parents will let me go."

"My parents won't be too happy about it, but how can I pass up something like that?" I was so excited about the trip, excited to see young kid's mind open up like mine did. As she walked she looked up to the stars every once in a while and I could see the stars reflected in her dark sparkling eyes. I thought about her often but that night I knew that I liked her without a doubt.

"Daniel," she started. "Can I ask you something?" she asked looking straight at me. I grew nervous and didn't know what to expect. I nodded for her to continue. "Have you ever wanted to just go away?"

"Like to New York?" I asked, picturing me and her there in a hip jazz club.

"Not exactly," she chuckled cutely. "More like just disappear to nowhere for a while."

"I can't say that I have." Sure I wanted breaks from things, but I never wanted that. "Tell me about it."

"I don't know. Sometimes I just get tired. I wonder if what we are doing is enough to change the attitude of a whole nation...I love this place, I love my home, and my friends, but there are people and places here that will never love me let alone like me back. There is no escaping hate, it will always be there. And no matter what I do, it will never all go away."

"But you are doing so much. Its people like you and Larry who have changed my mind and my heart. I know change is only one person at a time, but we gotta keep striving."

"I know, it's just hard sometimes when people are calling you things, ignoring you, and throwing things at you. Sorry I am ranting, it's just been a bad week."

"No, its okay, do you want to talk about it?"

"Sure." We passed her house just talking and walking. She told me about how her week and I told her about mine. I loved listening to her sweet voice. I loved hearing about the world from a totally different perspective. As she talked, I stared at her lips and her teeth. I noticed that she had a slight gap, but it was very fitting of her. I felt good at the end of it. She was encouraged and I was falling in like with this brilliant, insightful, and thoughtful girl. We approached a park just as a cop car drove past us very slowly. The old cop scolded us with his glare in obvious disapproval. I knew him, he was a friend of my father's. God I hoped he didn't stop and question us. I would surely get hell for this the next time I saw my family.

At the park we sat on the swing set together. The park was for whites only but I told her it would be okay. "I'll protect you," I whispered wanting to get close to her. After we had our fun on the swings we sat on the tire swing together sitting very closely. Boldly I took her hand and pretended to read her palm. "You are in love," I told her jokingly. She pulled away bashfully and withdrew her eyes from me.

"What?" I asked taking her hand again. "Your skin is really soft..."I examined her hand carefully along with her long slender hands. She smiled at me and laced her fingers in mine.

"Look how good they look together." She looked at our hands and laced our other hands.

"Ella,"

"Yes Daniel..."

"I really like you."

"I really like you too."

"I think you are a beautiful person, the most beautiful person I know..." She smiled sweetly hearing all of this. I wanted to ask her if I could kiss those gorgeous lips, but I just went in for it. On the tire swing we leaned in for our first kiss.

* * * *

In her empty house, alone in her bedroom I watched as she unbuttoned her dark green

dress to reveal her black satin slip. I had my shirt off and was laying in her bed waiting for her. She crawled into bed next to me and I pulled her in for another kiss. On our sides we made out furiously wrapping our legs around each other trying to get our privates as close to each other as we could. She was so small in my arms and she smelled so lovely. My hands traveled the contours of her brown soft body and wanted to go underneath her satin slip. I never wanted to touch anything so much, but I didn't want to scare her. I stopped to cool off for a bit. I was already hard, but I needed to make sure what her intentions were.

"Have you ever been with a guy before?" I asked.

"No, I haven't."

"I've never been with anyone either."I admitted.

"I really like you Daniel. And I know its probably not what you want to hear, but I am not ready for that tonight."

"Its fine, but can I still kiss you?" She nodded and smiled in response. I hovered over her kissing her deeply and passionately trying to get my fill of those lips. I turned over and lifted her on top of me so that I could wrap my arms around her little waist. I loved feeling her breast pressing into me and the way she straddled me. This girl was driving me wild and I wanted more, so much more. Feeling her body move against my hard cock while I sucked on her tasty lips was a feeling that I wouldn't mind feeling the rest of my life.

"Gosh I am so..."she started with her lips swollen.

"So what?" I asked taking her bottom lip into my mouth.

"So wet," she whispered shyly. I kissed her harder enjoying her answer. "We have...to...stop." She said reluctantly. I knew we had to also. I didn't have a condom, and I wanted to take my time with her anyways. She climbed off of me and I put my shirt back on. I didn't want to leave, but I could tell she needed some time to think and so did I. I said goodnight to her and gave her another kiss.

"I will see you tomorrow."

"Yes...Daniel, it might be best if we don't tell anyone about this. It could get out and your parents could find out."

"I don't care who finds out." Maybe I was in a dream but she was all I wanted.