Freeing Kirsty Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, you never forget to put out the household refuse on collection day or bring in the clothes if it starts to rain?"

"Of course not; who'd want stinking rubbish around the place and dripping clothes?"

"Exactly! Now where is this itch?"

It was on the outside leg, much to Marg's disappointment; she was unable to reach the spot with her finger so retrieved a pencil from her handbag.

"Ooh, oooh!" he exclaimed as the pencil hit the trouble spot.

"Patients in full plaster often have awful times with deep down itches," recalled the former nurse.

She sat back in the chair with a sigh. Obviously sex wasn't on Merrick's mind, or if it were she wasn't in the picture. They continued small talk until Marg was asked to return to her room as a medical team was on the way. She waved a cheerful adieu to Merrick then stepped forward and kissed him, almost passionately. Their teeth clashed.

As she pulled away he swatted her on the behind, and leered. Looking up Marg saw that the nurse had returned and was staring at them, wide-eyed.

"Hurry," said the nurse leading Marg to a chair. "Has hospital brought you two together?"

"I wish," was the reply.

Marg was cleared to go. She phoned Brian who said he'd been waiting outside the hospital with Sam for the past hour, waiting for her call. They would be right up. He said they and Alec had gone out to play golf at six, and Alec had taken them to the cleaners, playing six under his handicap.

"He's beside himself in joy – playing just one over par. We're having a big party tonight at his expense."

Marge went to say goodbye to Merrick.

"I'll come back tonight with Kirsty," she promised.

"You'd be better off staying home with Brian and getting relief – you appear to be all pent up. Nothing that Brian can't fix," he added helpfully.

She stared at him, expressionlessly; her eyes were much darker than usual. It was Merrick who looked away first.

"Hi, precious," called Brian entering Merrick's room with a huge smile. "Being looking after every need of my buddy?"

"I wish," replied Marg, bursting into tears and holding out her arms to Brian.

"There, there. You've had a very traumatic time," he soothed into her hair, looking at Merrick and winking.

Merrick formed an 'O' with his thumb and forefinger and held it aloft at Brian.

Brian's response was, "Come on darling, I've got to get you home to bed. So long buddy – I'll nip in at 4:00 to see you as we've got something on tonight."

* * *

On Monday – five days before the wedding – Merrick was released into Brian's professional care, both having to sign papers indemnifying the hospital against any claim arising from Merrick's premature release. Brian also had to sign an undertaking to comply with a prescribed procedure of care.

The discharging physician advised Merrick to stay off alcohol for another two or three days and to minimize the time spent in the wheelchair while maximizing time spent in bed.

"I am aware of your imminent marriage is the reason for this early release. I advise passive sex on your part, keeping excitement down to low levels. We will review these recommendations when we see you again in one week's time from today. Nurse here will provide you with waterproof sheaths to place over your right arm and leg to allow you to shower – but please, no standing; just slip across from the wheelchair with assistance on to a stool placed in the shower.

After lunch that day Kirsty was talking quietly to Merrick. She turned and called to Brian, "What's passive sex, Brian?"

The conversation of the others under the umbrellas outside stopped dead. Brian opened his mouth to reply but Marg rushed into the room saying, "It's OK Brian. I'll take Kirsty somewhere quiet and brief her."

The briefing was very professional. Marg said Merrick could either sit in a chair or lie in bed on his back. He could move his hands and his mouth – that was all. The idea was to keep his right thigh free of tension and knocks.

"That's it, Kirsty. Remember, he's come within an ace of bleeding to death."

"Ooh. I'm going to like this; I'll have to be very creative."

"Give me a call if you need help to hold you steady," Marg offered.

Both women broke into laughter, causing another abrupt stop in conversation outdoors. Merrick looked up nervously at the two women returning to the room. Brian patted his good arm soothingly and said, "The lesson has just degenerated into something smutty."

That evening Merrick and Kirsty were delivered by Sam in the borrowed van to an Italian restaurant where they dined with Meg and Spiro.

The two men quickly established rapport, leading to a very successful evening. Merrick learned a lot about Spiro through the anecdotes he related and he found that Meg was not the brainless moll she had appeared. She had a wicked sense of humor and conversationally was very lively and knowledgeable. It became clear to him why she and Kirsty had come together.

At 10:30 it was time to go – Dr Brian Raymond's orders. Sam was already outside waiting.

"Before you go, we've got something for you, Spiro said gruffly.

Meg dived to her handbag and pulled out a beautifully wrapped small box – a ring or ear rings, thought Kirsty, taking the gift from Meg's shaking hands.

She stripped the paper, opened the pigskin box and gasped. The glittering pendant and ear rings obviously were not glass.

"Insured for seventy-eight G's," Spiro said proudly.

Kirsty kissed Meg with a thank you and ran and sat on Spiro's knee, hugging him as she kissed him.

Spiro raised his arm and the attentive maitre-d' clapped his hands and two waiters marched to the table carrying a big box, with a third waiter following them.

The three Italian waiters then sang in English, unaccompanied, 'I'm Getting Married in the Morning'. They were excellent and other diners cheered and clapped, called out 'Congratulations' and "Good Luck".

"Open," Spiro commanded, looking at Merrick.

Merrick tore through the wrapped carton and found an oblong aluminum case. Without opening it, he knew what it was.

"What is it?" Kirsty asked excitedly.

"A DVCAN Camcorder – professional quality."

"How do you know?" asked Spiro. "You have not opened it."

"I know, Spiro. I have looked at this brand many times, but felt it was a bit expensive for me."

"Rubbish, Kirsty says you are a professional photographer. If you are to get into video you must have professional equipment."

Merrick did not reply. He opened the case and drew out the body of the camera, and began stroking it, watched intently by Spiro.

"It is my gift to you; I chose it personally, on professional advice. All that I ask is that you occasionally send me a shoot saved on DVD showing my beloved Kirsty enjoying her new life."

Spiro began dabbing his eyes. Kirsty jumped off his knee.

"You better go to him, Meg – he'd a goner."

Out on the pavement Spiro and Meg waved goodbye to their guests who carried their booty still looking a little shell-shocked.

"An amazing wedding gift," Merrick had said.

Spiro hugged him.

"Diamonds to remember you by Spiro," Kirsty said. " I think I will wear them on Saturday."

She had to hug Spiro because he was busily mopping his eyes again.

To Be Continued