Friend Zone

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers

I quickly typed up my response:

Hey Denise. Well, I'm sure you won't be surprised. Ginny and I hooked up. She's a wonderful lover. But she's not what I'm looking for. We've already basically agreed to be fuck buddies. She will see other guys and I will see other girls. I'd love to get together with you again. I'm free tonight. I'll watch my e-mail periodically through the rest of the day. If you want to meet up just let me know where and I'll be there. Take care, Eddie.

Denise emailed me about 2:30 and suggested we meet at the food court in a mall. I sent her a quick response confirming I would be there around 7.

---

Denise was waiting for me when I arrived. She gave me a beaming smile as I sat down.

"Hey Stud."

I blushed. "Denise, I don't know what to say."

She was giggling. "You must have done alright by the lady, Eddie. When do you see her next?"

"Tomorrow night, Why?"

"Oh, just trying to figure out how good you are, that's all. You must be pretty good."

I grinned at her. "There are other, more definite, ways to find out how good a lover I am, Denise."

It was her turn to blush. She was crimson. "Eddie, aren't you hungry? What are you gonna get?"

I scanned the food court. "Bad Chinese I guess."

She giggled again. "I'll have the bad pizza. We're not here for the cuisine, Eddie. We're here to find you a better woman than miss topsy blondie. Meet you back here."

She stood up and wiggled her way to the pizza place. Her ass was simply amazing. I sighed and headed to order my spare ribs and rice.

---

As we were finishing up our meal the conversation turned to women.

"So, Eddie, see anyone you like?" She glanced around the food court and then back at me.

"Yes, there's this tall, slim, brunette with an amazing ass. I can't keep my eyes off her." I stared right at Denise.

She blushed again. She seemed to be pleased with my comments even if her next words didn't agree with that sentiment.

"Eddie, Eddie. What am I going to do with you? Scan all of the women you can that are not sitting at this table in the next few minutes and then report back to me."

I ignored Denise for a while and did as she suggested. There were two interesting women sitting together. I really liked the looks of one of them. She smiled at me encouragingly.

"Okay, Eddie. Let's compare notes."

I turned to Denise. She was grinning at me.

"You put them all to shame, Denise."

"That's not true, Eddie. So how many women would you consider attractive here?"

I did a quick scan of the prospects. "7, I guess, Denise."

"Only 7? I count about twelve."

"Twelve, really?" I scanned again. I could stretch it to 9, I guess. But one of them was probably under age.

"C'mon Eddie. I've noticed you've totally been ignoring some of your best prospects." Then she nodded at a busty woman working in the coffee shop. The light dawned. I had been ignoring the people who worked in the mall.

I stood up. "I'm going to use the facilities, Denise. Back in a flash."

She grinned at me. "Check out all of the women working in the area and get back to me, stud." She ostentatiously pulled out a book out of her bag and started reading.

---

As I headed towards the rest rooms, the two ladies I had scoped out earlier smiled at me. I smiled at both of them and headed to the bathroom.

There were, indeed, some good looking women working in the food court. I always find it hard to judge a woman's looks when they are wearing frumpy uniforms but there were a couple that looked very nice.

I returned to my seat. Denise acknowledged me quickly but raised a finger. She continued to read for another couple of minutes and then closed her book with a smile.

"So?"

"15, Denise."

"15 huh? You must have travelled outside of the range that I've seen."

"There are two foxes working in the jewelry store over there, Denise."

"I never saw them, OK. Close enough. Who do you think your best prospect is?"

"There are 2 women sitting to my right. They both keep smiling at me. I really like the one in the white polka dot blouse."

Denise sighed. "How did I know, you would pick one of those two. Figures."

"What??"

"Eddie, I think both of those women are married. If I'm not wrong they are looking for a young stud to make them feel desired again. Is that what you're looking for?"

"Married? Really? No, Denise, that's not my thing at all."

She stared at me. "You're serious, Eddie?"

"Denise, honey. I'm looking for a woman to settle down with. I'm tired of waking up alone. Sure, waking up with Ginny this morning was better than waking up alone, but I want somebody special, not just a cum receptacle."

Denise's eyes widened. "You woke up with her? Wow! Just how many times did you two do the dirty deed, anyways?"

"I've spoken to you about it too much already, Denise. But I figured I owed you something since the whole thing would never have happened without you. I won't give you any more details."

"Awww." She smiled at me. "So, let's strike off those two predators. Who's next?"

I thought about it. "The young lady working at that pizza place looks interesting."

Denise smiled at me. "Yes, she's a sweetie, and if she was single she would be an excellent choice, but she's devoted to her boyfriend. Sorry, Eddie."

"You know everyone here, Denise?"

"Not everyone, but I hang around here a fair bit."

"So, do you have a lady picked out for me, then?"

She stared at me. She seemed to be lost in thought.

"Denise?"

She started. "Sorry Eddie. I was having a little debate with myself."

"Ahhh, you are tempted to let me escape from the friend zone?"

She blushed. "Tempted? Yes."

"Denise honey. I think I'll just hold off on chasing any other women tonight, if that's OK with you?"

She stared at me with big eyes. "Eddie, I'm still off limits. Remember our deal." Her expression firmed up. She was committed again.

"Yes, Denise. Sorry, I'll try and back off on all of those innuendoes."

She looked disappointed. This girl was driving me crazy.

"OK Eddie. I'm going to point out a couple of women for you to think about, anyways."

"Fire away."

"What did you think of the Chinese lady who served you your meal?"

"She seemed nice enough. I didn't really consider her to be honest."

"You should see her when she's dressed to impress. Her ass puts mine to shame and she's the sweetest lady I know."

I grinned at her. "I would need to see your posteriors side by side before I would ever admit that yours is the lesser, Denise."

She grinned back at me with a smirk. "You like my ass that much, Eddie?"

"Oh, Denise, I would just love to show you how much I like your ass." I licked my lips.

She blushed even redder. "Oh God, Eddie."

She seemed to be agonizing over something again. She stared off into space. I let my eyes wander the food court. The two 'predators' finally had given up and left. The place was emptying out. I could see the workers for the various shops all preparing to close up.

"Eddie honey, follow me."

Denise stood up and then led me to the coffee shop.

"See that girl there." She pointed to a redhead.

"Yeah."

"She's probably your best shot for what you want. I'm pretty sure she works evenings almost every night. I think she gets Monday's and Tuesday's off. Go order something from her. See what you think. I've gotta go."

Denise rushed off before I could even say much. She seemed conflicted.

I toyed with the idea of chasing after her, but I decided to let her go. She needed to work things out for herself.

I sighed and headed into the coffee shop. The redhead was definitely a very good looking woman. She was friendly but nothing special happened. I gave her a nice smile as I left and that was it.

---

There was an email from Denise waiting for me when I got back:

Hi Eddie, Sorry for ditching you like that. What did you think of the redhead?

Denise

I quickly responded:

Hi Denise,

I had a wonderful evening again with you, honey. I hope we can see each other again. I ordered a coffee and smiled at the redhead. Her nametag said 'Lynda'. She smiled at me nicely enough but it was just like many other interactions I've had with friendly workers. She does seem like a nice lady and she definitely looks good. I'm still mostly thinking about you, Denise.

Take Care, Eddie.

---

Ginny showed up the next evening and we fucked like rabbits again. We were taking a break in bed.

"Eddie, honey."

"Yes, Ginny."

"There's a company party next Friday night. Would you mind attending it with me?"

"Will you be flirting with other guys, or hanging with me most of the time?"

She blushed. "I try and keep my work place image as pretty straight laced Eddie. I would be treating you like you were my boyfriend."

"What's the dress code, Ginny?"

"Oh, it's a pretty fancy get together. I will be in a nice dress."

"I would be happy to attend with you, honey."

She beamed at me. "You're a good dancer, Eddie. We're going to have fun."

She leaned in and licked my cock lovingly.

"C'mon lover, the last one was pretty good, but really fuck me hard this time. Don't be gentle."

I did my best. I mauled her tits roughly as I pounded into her missionary style. When we were done she kissed me lovingly.

"Wow, Eddie. That was amazing, lover."

Ginny stood up and started getting dressed around midnight.

"I should get back home, Eddie. How 'bout we get together Tuesday night around 7?"

"OK, Ginny."

"I'll see you here at 7 then, lover. She kissed me soundly and then let herself out.

---

I checked my e-mail again the next morning. Denise had replied:

Oh Eddie,

You've got me all confused. I know it's my own fault, but I think it's better if we don't see each other for a little while. We can still e-mail and maybe we can meet again but I need to get my head straight. Lynda really is a nice girl, Eddie. You should explore things with her.

Bye for now, Denise.

I sat and pondered about Denise. I really was wondering what was going on. We obviously clicked together. She reacted positively every time I flirted with her, but then something would jump into her mind and she would back away. I wasn't sure how I should respond to her e-mail.

---

Eventually I replied with the following:

Hey, Denise.

I'm sorry for confusing you.

Just so you know, you're confusing the heck out of me as well, lol.

I will continue to meet up with Ginny, but she really is not long-term material. I would drop her in a flash for the right woman.

I will also chat up Lynda and see if there is anything there, but I pledge to you that nothing serious will happen with Lynda or anyone else for at least two weeks.

I'm hoping you will get yourself settled and then we can meet again.

Hopefully yours, Eddie

---

I sat in the coffee shop at the mall and sipped my tea. I was watching Lynda along with her busty co worker. They were both very attractive. The busty lady was a little older than me, but not too old. She was definitely someone I wouldn't mind getting to know better.

Lynda came out in a slow period and wiped the tables. She smiled at me.

"Slow night, huh."

"Yeah, it's always slow this time of night."

I raised my tea to her and she smiled at me and went back behind the counter.

I saw her talking quietly with her co worker friend not too long afterwards. The busty lady looked up and checked me out.

I finished my tea and sauntered out of the shop. I passed by both women and smiled at each of them. They both smiled for me nicely.

---

There was another e-mail from Denise waiting:

Oh, Eddie,

I like you, OK? I do. It's just I made a promise to myself. I don't want to break it. How are things with you?

Your confused friend, Denise

---

Hi Denise,

You sure are a mysterious one. I would like to meet up with you again. I promise I will not attempt anything remotely physical.

I had another brief interaction with Lynda. She seems really nice. I get a good vibe from her. I also seem to have a liking for her busty co worker. You saw her that night as well. I will continue to hang there for a while and flirt with them and see what happens. I still promise, nothing but talking will happen with them until Sunday the 26th.

I'm scheduled to hook up with Ginny tomorrow night, so I will be able to work off some of my frustration.

Believe it or not, I'm dreaming about you regularly.

Eddie

---

Denise's response:

Eddie,

The busty lady is called Eileen. She's not a horrible person or anything but she's been with more than a few men over the last couple of years. Just a warning.

Lynda is different. I'm pretty sure she's been alone for almost a year. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

I'm sorry for being so secretive. If I tell you everything, I'm not sure how you will react. I really am single, but I sort of have a past connection. I don't want to say any more about it. I'm sorry, but I don't think we should meet in person again quite yet.

Bye for now, Denise

-- -

Ginny and I had another rough and tumble session on Tuesday night and confirmed ourselves again for her Friday company dance.

Wednesday night I was at the coffee shop again. Lynda gave me a big smile when she took my order and then came to clean the tables where I was sitting and relaxing. The busty lady wasn't working.

"How are you doing tonight, Lynda?"

She blushed.

"I keep forgetting I have a nametag. I'm pretty good, yourself?"

"I'm Eddie. I was having an ordinary day, but you have improved it, thank you."

She blushed even redder.

"I have to get back, sorry."

Her nice firm tush was wiggling very nicely as she walked away from me.

I made sure to leave the shop when the place was dead, so that Lynda could talk to me on the way out.

"So, Lynda, when do you get off?"

She blushed.

"I get off at 10, but I have to go straight home. Sorry."

I glanced around. There was nobody else. Her co worker that night had left while I was sitting down. She was the last employee there.

"Lynda, honey, would you have dinner with me sometime?"

"We hardly know each other, Eddie."

"I understand that, that's why I want to take you out. So, I can get to know you better.

Another customer appeared. I just nodded at Lynda significantly and then left.

---

I sent Denise another quick note just to keep the conversation going:

Hey Denise,

Just wanted you to know that I'm still thinking about you.

Eddie

---

The next night at the coffee shop both ladies were working. Eileen, the busty one, took my order and gave me a flirty smile. I smiled back but I tried to keep it low key. I wanted to focus on Lynda. Lynda was busy with another customer and didn't really even notice our exchange.

I was sitting and sipping when Lynda stopped to talk to me again as she wiped the tables.

"Hi Lynda, you look lovely as usual."

She blushed. "Thank you, Eddie."

"So have you thought about my question?"

"Yes, Eddie. I don't think it's a good idea for us to go out to dinner."

I nodded at her ironically. "It's your call. If you change your mind, just let me know, honey. I won't pester you anymore."

She looked at me steadily.

"I'm sorry, Eddie. We've only known each other for such a short time."

"It's OK. I get it."

I stood up and left. Eileen caught my eye on the way out.

"Is there a problem, sir?"

"No problem, Eileen. Have a great evening."

She just nodded at me as I walked out.

---

Denise had responded to me since I last looked at my e-mail:

Oh Eddie,

I'm so confused. I want to see you again. I want to kiss you, but I just can't. I would hate myself in the morning. You really should pursue Lynda. How's that going?

Denise

I responded right away:

Hey Denise,

I asked Lynda out to dinner. She shot me down. She really does seem like a nice lady. Too bad.

\

I know another really nice lady, and she won't see me either.

Hint (That's you, honey.)

Frustratedly yours, Eddie

---

I decided to stay away from the coffee shop for a few days.

Ginny's party was at a fancy hotel. There were 3 or 4 other gorgeous women at the party, but, to be honest Ginny was the best looking woman there. Her dress was tasteful. She didn't look like a slut at all, but her breasts were still prominently displayed.

Ginny did a good job acting like the loving girlfriend. I received jealous looks from a few different coworkers of hers.

One woman must have been a rival of Ginny's or something. She waited until Ginny went to the washroom and then she pounced. Her name was Heather. She was flirting with me big time. I did my best to be polite but to deflect the flirting.

When Ginny returned she scowled at the woman and pushed her body into me suggestively. I leaned and gave her a quick kiss. Heather gave us both a glare and then left us.

"So, Heather tried to steal you, huh?"

"She flirted with me. I tried not to respond."

Ginny smiled at me. "Thanks, honey. You were perfect."

The music started and Ginny and I were up on and dancing right away. The music selection wasn't really to my liking. I glanced around the floor. Some of the older couples looked great as they danced ballroom style. I was having trouble getting into the flow of the music. When the song ended we sat back down.

Ginny said, "Ballroom dancing is not your thing, huh."

"Not really. Sorry, honey."

"Oh, it's ok."

A new peppier song came on.

"Eddie, don't worry about how you're supposed to dance. Just be yourself and have fun, OK?"

"You're ok if I make a spectacle of myself like at the club?"

Ginny blushed.

"I would love it if you became the centre of attention like that, honey."

We headed to the floor and I tried to treat the song like an unfinished rock song. I added my own drum beats and guitar solos in my head and danced like they were there. I was in my own world. When the song ended I glanced up at Ginny. She had a big smile on her face. She pulled me in for a killer kiss. When we released each other I noticed that more than a few people were staring at us.

The music started up again but the song was much slower and mellower. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to dance to this one at all. I glanced around the floor. The older couples were doing complicated looking steps. I turned back to Ginny. She grinned at me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Let's just treat it like a slow dance, Eddie."

I nodded. "Works for me."

We were the only couple in each other's arms at first, but then a few younger couples joined the floor and followed our example.

Ginny grinned at me. "I like your version of ballroom dancing, Eddie."

When the song ended we sat back down. Eventually we headed back to Ginny's place.

---

After a long sexual session, we were cuddling.

"Ginny honey, you're a wonderful woman. Are you sure we couldn't make a run at a real relationship?"

Ginny blushed and stared at me for a while. She seemed to be hoping for me to say more. I just stared back at her and waited.

She sighed. "Eddie, you really think of me that way?"

"The more I get to know you, the more I like you, honey."

We kissed passionately for a few minutes.

Then she backed away and stared at me again.

"I'm actually tempted, Eddie, but I know myself. There are times when I am powerless to resist when a man comes on to me. I really hurt the last man I let get close to me. I don't want that to happen to you."

I thought about things for a bit. If we were a true couple and I found her with another man I would be devastated.

"Well, Ginny. I guess that means we're done. I'm very sorry, but I don't think I can do the fuck buddies thing anymore."

Ginny started crying. "Oh Eddie, hold me."

I stroked her and let her cry it out.

DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers