Friend Zone

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers

When I came to my senses it was Saturday morning. Ginny was sucking my cock. She gave me a flirty grin.

"Wake up sleepy head. If this is our last time together, you better give me a real thrashing."

I proceeded to do just that. After a little break Ginny revived me with her mouth and then she pleaded with me to pound her ass. That took another 20 minutes.

I was getting dressed and preparing to leave.

Ginny pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

"Thanks for everything, Eddie. You've been wonderful. I really wish I could be your woman, but I know it would end horribly."

We kissed some more.

"Take care, Ginny. I'll always have fond memories of our time together."

She smiled at me and then I left.

---

There was another e-mail from Denise when I got back:

Eddie,

I had a chat with Lynda. You might find her more receptive to your advances now. Give her another chance.

Denise.

I responded right away:

Hi Denise,

Nice to hear from you again.

Just FYI, Ginny and I are done. We won't be hooking up any more.

I will hang out at the coffee shop and see what happens with Lynda.

Hope you are doing well.

Eddie.

---

That night at the coffee shop Lynda gave me a warm smile when I ordered. A few minutes later I was relaxing and sipping and she headed straight towards me.

"Hi Eddie, we've missed you around here."

"I'm not a stalker, Lynda. You made it clear that I was making you uncomfortable."

Lynda blushed. "You were OK, Eddie. I was interested in you before, and now I'm even more interested."

She turned away from me and wiped some of the other tables. She seemed to be moving in a slightly seductive manner. She eventually turned back to me again.

"Are you saying you'd like to go out to dinner with me, now, Lynda?"

She blushed again very prettily. "Sure, Eddie. How about Monday night?"

"Do you want me to pick you up or should we meet somewhere?"

"Let's meet at Horatio's at 7 on Monday."

"OK Lynda, it's a date."

She blushed again and then headed back behind the counter.

I saw Eileen and Lynda talking and then Eileen turned to me and smiled and gave me a sexy look. I just smiled at her.

When I left the shop both ladies were smiling at me.

Eileen said, "Well, Eddie is it? You treat Lynda right, sir, or you'll be sorry."

Her tone was friendly, but, I think she was seriously giving me a warning. I glanced over at Lynda. She looked mortified at what Eileen had said. I turned back to Eileen and gave her a smile.

"Eileen, my dear. She will have no trouble, I promise you." Then I turned to Lynda. "See you Monday night, honey."

She smiled at me and nodded and then I left.

---

Denise's email was waiting for me when I returned. It was short and sweet:

OMG, what happened with miss topsy blondie?

I responded:

Well, Ginny is a really nice person. I was getting more attached to her. I asked her to become my true girlfriend, but, she declined. She said she knew she couldn't remain faithful to me.

I told her I couldn't do the fuck buddy thing anymore, so we both agreed that we're done.

BTW, Lynda and I are having dinner Monday night. It should be interesting.

And, just so you know, I'm still keeping my promise. There will be no physical contact between Lynda and I until Sunday the 26th.

Hope you're doing well.

Eddie

---

Horatio's is a pretty upscale restaurant so I dressed accordingly. I was even wearing a tie. I don't like ties as a rule, but I wanted to make a good impression. I arrived 10 minutes early and hung out in the lobby.

A cab pulled up and a vision of loveliness emerged. She paid the driver and then made her entrance.

"Wow, Lynda. I always knew you were a good looking woman, but wow."

She blushed prettily and then did a little twirl. "You like, Eddie?"

"You look like royalty, honey. I will be the envy of every man that sees you tonight."

She gave me a once over. "You look pretty darn good yourself, Eddie." She held out her arm for me. "Shall we?"

The greeter was staring at her in awe. He finally collected himself and addressed me.

"Right this way, sir."

He led us to an intimate table and handed us the fancy menus. They were heavy.

We settled in and decided on our meals and chit chatted about nothing for the first bit.

Then Lynda was staring at me and the real conversation started.

"So, Eddie, I understand we have a mutual friend?"

"I've known Denise for a few weeks now, honey. To be honest I was very attracted to her and I asked her out to dinner. She agreed, but she made me promise not to pursue her romantically. I think she's a wonderful young woman."

Lynda nodded. "I really don't know her all that well. She's been a regular customer for a long time. I know she is a very nice person though. I've seen her help older people when they were having trouble. She's a sweetie."

"Let's talk about you, Lynda. What's your story? Why is a beautiful woman like yourself single?"

Lynda blushed crimson.

"Eddie, I was married. I have a little girl. She's five years old. My family was my life but then I found that my husband had another woman that he played with regularly. I was devastated when I found out. I haven't dated much since then."

"So you're divorced then?"

"Yes, 3 years now."

"I guess I understand, Lynda. I've had my share of heartbreak as well. I can't understand why a man would stray from you, though. You're stunning."

Lynda blushed again.

"So what about you, Eddie. Why are you still single?"

"I never got married, but there was a woman that I was very serious about. I thought she might be the one. I caught her with another man. That was two years ago. I've pretty much been in a rut ever since. Then I met Denise. I've really enjoyed my time hanging out with her and she helped me find a woman."

"She did?"

"Yes, we were at a bar and Denise noticed this woman was watching me closely. She helped put us together."

"You said you've only known Denise for a short time, right?"

"That's right, Lynda. I hooked up with this other woman quickly. She was very aggressive and I couldn't say no. She is a beautiful woman.

Lynda looked thoughtful. "You're done with her now?"

"Yes, we're done. I asked her to be my girlfriend, but she couldn't commit. I won't be seeing her any more."

We finished up our meals, and Lynda made a big deal out of ordering dessert. I just ordered a coffee and had a little sample of her dessert. I find myself liking desserts at family restaurants more than the fancy upscale ones.

When the waiter handed me the bill, I was all set to pay the whole thing. Lynda reached for it and studied it and then handed me 50 dollars. That was pretty much exactly half of the total.

"Eddie, I picked the restaurant. I will pay half."

I shrugged and pocketed the money and the waiter came by and took my credit card. We exited the restaurant together.

"The night is still young, Lynda. Would you like to go dancing?"

Lynda gave me the once over. "Where, Eddie?"

"Someplace nice, obviously. We are overdressed for most of the places I would usually suggest. Do you have any ideas?"

"Let's try that jazz bar over there."

---

The bar was dark and romantic. The music was quiet when we entered. Then the show started and a man came out to play the piano. There was also a drummer and another man who played various horns but the piano was the focus of the show. There wasn't any singing.

There were a few couples dancing so I asked Lynda if she wanted to dance. She smiled at me and stood up. She was breathtaking. I stared at her in awe for a few seconds.

She blushed again.

"Eddie?"

"Sorry, Lynda. You're amazing. I'm OK now."

We danced to the first song and it was a little awkward. I didn't want to come on too strong and I didn't want to make a fool of myself. We stayed up for the next song and I found myself getting into the rhythm. I couldn't help myself. I started to move my body around to the music. Lynda seemed to be amused. She looked very desirable. At one point I went a little crazy and Lynda laughed.

"My, my, Eddie. I never would have guessed."

I blushed and tried to tone it down a little.

Then that song ended and the pace slowed. Lynda leaned into me and we danced very closely together. She smelled wonderful and I could feel myself hardening. Lynda leaned her head against my shoulder and sighed contentedly as we danced.

The band finished up their set and said they would be back in a few. I left Lynda at our table and then excused myself to go to the wash room. When I returned a man was chatting her up.

She smiled at me and thrust her body up against me. I grabbed her shoulder lovingly. The man scowled at me and then left.

"Oh God, Eddie. Thank you for rescuing me. He was such a creep."

"Do you wanna hang around, Lynda? Or should we head home?"

"Oh, let's just leave, Eddie. He's ruined things."

I stared at her until she eventually looked back at me.

"Lynda, honey. What did he do?"

"Oh, he goosed me and when I backed away he just moved in closer."

"Do you want to complain to the management about him?"

"No, Eddie, I don't want a scene. Let's just leave."

I nodded and held my arm out for her. I led her to my car.

---

Lynda directed me to her apartment building. I stopped in the roundabout at the entrance and got out to say good bye. She looked at me expectantly. I think she was expecting a kiss. I hugged her very briefly and then backed away again.

"I had a wonderful time, Lynda. Would you like to do this again, soon?"

"That's it, Eddie?" She looked disappointed.

"I didn't really want to get into this, Lynda, but I made a promise to myself and to somebody else, that I would not kiss anybody for two weeks. "I'm just into the second week, now, so if we get together again next Monday then things might be different."

"Who did you promise? That woman you've been hooking up with?"

"No, not her. She's history."

"Who, then?"

I blushed.

"Oh, it's Denise, isn't it?"

"Yes, Lynda. It's Denise."

"But you said you were just friends?"

"That's right, but I must admit, I have been hoping for more."

Lynda didn't look happy. "So why did you ask me out, then?"

"It's sort of complicated, Lynda. You remember I said Denise helped me hook up with that other lady, right?"

Lynda nodded hesitantly.

"Well, Denise also suggested that I pursue you."

Lynda gasped. "She did?"

"Yes, she had nothing but good things to say about you. Once, I got to know you a little better I could see that she was right. You are not only beautiful, but you're a wonderful woman as well."

Lynda blushed. "Thanks for that I guess."

"Lynda, I very much want to kiss you right now. We had a magical evening and you are so beautiful, but I made a promise. Can you understand that?"

Lynda nodded again. "I understand, Eddie," she said softly. "So why did you promise her that, anyways?"

"Denise has been tempted to let me escape the friend zone. She has admitted that she wants to kiss me. I wanted to make sure I gave her a little time to sort herself out. So, I promised to keep things platonic with you and anyone else I might meet up with."

"So, I'm your second choice, huh?"

"Lynda, I wouldn't say that. Now that I know you better, I find myself to be very attracted to you. To be honest, if you and Denise both said you wanted me, I'm not sure which lady I would choose."

"Well, she is beautiful and she's a nice person as we've already discussed. I guess we will just have to see what happens."

I backed away from Lynda and gave her an obvious ogle. I stared at her breasts and I saw her nipples firm up.

"Lynda, honey, I just want you to know, that if I hadn't made that promise, we would be kissing right now, and if you responded positively my hands might be wandering."

She blushed. "Well, Eddie. We would be kissing, and I'm guessing we would both enjoy ourselves. But I hope you know, that's as far as it was gonna go. You weren't gonna get lucky tonight."

I grinned at her. "I already got lucky, Lynda. I had a wonderful time."

She gave me a sexy smile. "Just wait until next Monday, buster." She turned away from me and wiggled her ass to the door. She was laying it on thick. She looked so sexy. I was tempted to tackle her to the ground and ravish her. When she turned at the door she blew me a kiss and then let herself in.

I couldn't believe I didn't kiss her when I had the chance

---.

There was an e-mail from Denise waiting for me the next day:

Hey Eddie,

So you had dinner with Lynda, right? How'd that go?"

Denise

I responded:

Hi Denise,

Wow, Lynda is gorgeous. I knew she was attractive but she looked so much better last night. She's also a sweet woman. I was very tempted to

kiss her at the end, but I was a good boy. Lynda and I got along very well.

We are set up to go out again next Monday night.

So, how are things with my mysterious email only girlfriend?

Eddie

---

I dropped by the coffee shop after work but Lynda wasn't working. Eileen gave me a big smile though.

"Hi Eddie, I guess you have impressed Lynda. Sounds like she is looking forward to seeing you again."

I grinned back at Eileen. "She impressed me more, honey. I had no idea she was so beautiful."

Eileen did a quick scan around the empty shop and then posed for me.

"You never gave me a chance, honey. I promise you I look better in a dress as well."

I gave her an appreciative look.

"Oh, I have no doubt, Eileen. But, as long as Lynda and I are dating I will only get to admire your charms from afar. Sorry, honey."

Eileen blushed. "Oh, I'm so bad. Lynda's a good friend and she saw you first. Sorry, Eddie."

"No harm done, honey."

---

Denise had responded:

Hey Eddie,

I'm glad to hear you guys are getting along. You both deserve to have somebody special in your life.

I'm just fine. Really. Thanks for asking.

Denise

My answer:

Hey Denise,

I'm not sure why I'm pushing anymore. But something doesn't seem right here. Why do Lynda and I deserve someone special and not you?

Eddie

---

That night at the coffee shop Lynda's smile was radiant. Her eyes were twinkling.

"How can I help you, sir?"

"Oh, I don't know, lassie. Please serve me up a large back coffee."

"Coming right up, sir."

I sat in the empty shop and sipped. Lynda sashayed over eventually.

"So, how's my favorite customer doing tonight?"

"Lynda, honey, just so you know, I've had erotic dreams about you two nights in a row."

Lynda blushed a deep red. "Right back at you, Eddie."

"Really, you're shitting me?"

She giggled. "Really, Eddie."

She finished up her cleaning duties in the lobby and wiggled her way back behind the counter.

On my way out, both Lynda and Eileen were giving me flirty smiles.

I spoke to them as I was leaving. "Funny how I always used to hate Mondays. Now I can't wait."

Eileen just kept grinning at me and Lynda blushed again.

---

Denise had responded:

Hey Eddie,

I can't hide from you forever. Let's get together for dinner tomorrow evening. How about The Jersey House at 7?

Denise

OK, Denise...

I'll see you there.

Eddie

---

Denise was wearing a dress. I'd never seen her in a dress before. She was not quite as big up top as Lynda, but she looked just as beautiful. I was severely outclassed in the wardrobe department this time. I was just wearing a dress shirt and dockers.

"Wow, Denise. You look amazing, girlfriend."

She blushed and smiled at me.

"Don't get any ideas, Eddie. I'm still off limits."

"OK, not a problem, Denise. I will just join every other heterosexual male in the restaurant and dream about what might have been."

She blushed crimson.

"Oh, Eddie."

She was obviously pleased by my comment. The greeter at this restaurant was a woman and she was very attractive as most female restaurant workers seem to be. She looked jealous of Denise, but she put on her fake smile and led us to our table.

Our actual waitress was a bubbly blonde and she seemed to be very attracted to Denise. She kept on flirting with her. She was friendly to me as well, but it was obvious to me that she was on the pink team.

One young man walked by our table and stared at Denise the whole time. He bumped into a chair and then hurriedly walked away.

"Denise, honey, how can a woman like you be single? You could have just about anyone you wanted."

Denise was smiling but then all of the sudden she looked very sad.

"Later, Eddie. I'll tell you my story tonight, but not here, OK?"

"OK, Denise. You're the boss."

"So you and Lynda, Eddie? Tell me more."

"Well, honey. You are the most beautiful woman in the room tonight. It's obvious. Everyone is watching you. Monday night, Lynda was the one that everyone was watching. There were other good looking women in the restaurant and at the club later. One of the waitresses was really hot, but Lynda blew them all away. She was ravishing."

Denise just nodded. "Go on."

"She's a really nice lady, honey. We really fit together well on the dance floor."

Denise gave me a flirty fake angry look. "Fit together well? I thought there was to be no touching?"

I blushed. "She laid her head on my shoulder when we slow danced. That's as far as it went. We never kissed, and my hands never wandered."

Denise grinned at me.

"Eddie, honey, we need to do some slow dancing tonight. OK? Just like you did with Lynda."

"If you say so, Denise."

---

We went to a trendy club. Denise drew a lot of attention. She smiled at everyone but she was holding on to my arm for dear life.

We had fun dancing. Denise is an excellent dancer. Once I started to go crazy, she joined right in with me. I'd never danced with such an aggressive dancer before. We were both smiling from ear to ear when the music stopped and a few of the other couples actually clapped for us.

We headed towards the bar and the bartender insisted on giving us free drinks.

"I want you guys to come back here again. You were awesome out there."

Denise and I both blushed and then found a table to sit at.

Denise was staring at me. "Oh God, Eddie. I want to kiss you so bad, but I just can't."

I smiled back at her ironically and then stared into her eyes. "I'm really curious now, honey."

She blushed. A slow song came on and she stood up and almost dragged me to the dance floor.

She snuggled right up to me and put her head on my shoulder. It was all I could do to keep my hands still on her shoulders and not to let them drop to more interesting areas.

Eventually a peppier song came on. I tried to back away. Denise held on to me tight. "Let's just keep dancing like this, Eddie."

We were the only couple on the floor slow dancing. We drew more attention.

The song ended and Denise backed away. "Let's get outta here, Eddie."

I just nodded and followed her as she left. Her ass was majestic. I was rock hard.

---

"Let's just walk for a bit, Eddie."

I held out my arm formally and she beamed at me and grabbed on. We were just casually strolling. It was a nice night. Denise dragged me to a bench in an out of the way spot. We sat down.

"OK, Eddie. It's time."

I just nodded at her and didn't say anything.

"I fell in love with a man. His name is Greg. We were a couple for five years. He proposed marriage to me and I happily accepted. We set our date for a month ago."

She looked very upset.

"What happened, Denise?"

"Oh, Greg works for an international company. He is rising through the ranks. He was asked to head up a new organization in Germany. The company has offices all over the world but none in Germany. It was a huge opportunity."

"Is Greg German?"

"His full name is Gregor. His parents were born in Germany. He speaks a little German."

DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers