Friendly Concern

Story Info
Husband and wife talk about a cheating friend.
780 words
4.39
61.9k
36
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I talked with Betty today." I told my wife Veronica as she brought me a glass of Jack.

"How is she, we haven't met in over two week. Can't believe I can go this long without gossiping with her. Did you guys talk about anything interesting?" She asked as she sat down with her G&T.

"You might say it is interesting. Who am I kidding, it is most interesting and at the same time most painful." I spoke as I took the first sip and savoured the taste, "She suspects that John is playing around on her."

Veronica looked surprised as I dropped the bomb. "John would never do anything like that. He is much too devoted to play around. I hope you told her that." She said in a dismissive tone.

"I did, but she insists that there are too many tell-tale signs." I am a divorce lawyer and I know that most friends and family do not want to believe that someone they know could be a cheater.

"What signs?", she asked.

"If I tell you, you must keep it absolutely secret, and not tell a soul?"

"I will." My wife was not one to gossip around, but I had to be sure.

"She was supposed to get her tubes tied, but last month, he insisted on getting his pipeline fixed instead. Now I do not know of any man who would volunteer to get his pipes snipped. I wouldn't have." I spoke and took another sip of heaven.

"He was only thinking about her comfort. He is a very considerate guy that way. They have only one child. Why would they even take such a step?" She asked, taking another sip.

Since we were childhood friends, we knew each other quite well. Betty, Veronica, John and I had been together since second grade. It was strange watching us together, Betty and John were white with blue eyes and golden hair, while Veronica and I were dark as the night. Even in grade school we knew we were going to be friends all our lives. It hurt knowing that it was not possible any more.

"I know. I love John like a brother, but if he has cheated on her I will rip him apart with my bare hands and bury him two different counties. I will make sure that his family knows, his workplace knows, and I will also make sure that he is well and truly fucked up in the divorce proceeding. I am not the best up and coming divorce attorney in the town for nothing."

"Why would you do anything? It is a personal matter between the two of them. If anything you should stay as far from their mess as possible." She said. "I wish I could talk to her and tell her to forget such stupid notions. He will never cheat on her, period."

"Be sure what you want, for us to stay away from the mess or to intervene and try to make things right. I would take a stand against a cheater because as a divorce attorney I have seen too many happy families break up, and I never felt any sympathy for the cheating spouse. Besides, Betty is like a sister to me! She would stop a speeding bullet for me. You know that I have no family left. The three of you are the only family I know. I will hate John for taking that away from me."

"Did she tell you anything else?", her curiosity showed.

"Nothing much. She was heartbroken, but she seems to be sure that John is cheating. She will know for certain tomorrow."

"How?" Suddenly Veronica was excited.

"Even my first instinct was that John could never cheat and I tried convincing Betty but she would have nothing of it. So, I suggested to her that before she confronted John she should verify if her suspicions were correct." I was rather cleaver, if I might say so myself. "A PI was following John for the last ten days, and tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock, he will submit a final report. Betty has requested that the two of us accompany her to the PIs office. I guess in case her suspicions turn out to be true, she wants us there for moral support."

By this time, both our glasses were empty. I got up for a refill and asked her if she needed one also.

"Yes, get me one, and when you come back we need to talk about something."

Her hands were trembling as she gave me the glass. I am sure she did not catch the smile that played on my face.