Friends and Foes Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,058 Followers

"He's not exactly buttering you up to get put through is he? I'll make sure he knows you are no lackey. I might as well speak to him, it'll make a pleasant change from the accounts I've been staring at for the last hour. If he's a nut I can easily cut him off myself."

She heard an amused laugh on the end of the line before it clicked and the call was put through.

"Tilly Arcan speaking," she stated.

She sat bolt upright and a shiver went down her spine when she heard the voice. She didn't even need him to introduce himself.

"Tilly, it's good to finally speak to you. This is Adam Stephens."

She broadcast an alert to Sam and Tom, but kept her voice neutral to speak to him.

"Adam. What can I do for you?"

"I wanted to ask if you and Sam would meet me for lunch one day. I have some things I would like to discuss with you."

Tilly's mind was racing. She felt Sam trying to contact her, but right now she couldn't concentrate on that, she was just wondering what to say and what the hell this meant.

"I'll have to get back to you about that. Sam isn't here right now and I don't have his diary in front of me."

That seemed fairly neutral, and would give them some time to work things out. He sounded almost amused when he replied.

"That's fine, I didn't expect you to answer immediately. These things take planning when people are as busy as you and your brother. And I'm sure you'll need his okay before we can make any arrangements."

Smug bastard, thought Tilly.

"We'll let you know. I'll speak to Sam as soon as I can."

"I bet you will. I'll be expecting your call."

He didn't even bother to say goodbye, he just hung up. Tilly took a deep breath to calm herself, and started at the phone in her hand in disbelief. This could not be good. She'd just about recovered from her shock when Sam and Tom barged through the door, looking like they'd raced here but so out of breath she'd probably interrupted something else they were doing. Sam didn't look impressed either.

"What was that about? It'd better be important," he barked.

"I'd say so. Adam would like to meet us for lunch."

Sam seemed to go slightly white. "Adam, as in.... that Adam."

"Yep. The one we aren't supposed to go near and who might just know we are Weres. Not to mention the one who might stick us in cages if he's sure."

"Alright, no need to rub it in. What happened?"

"He called Matt insisting he needed to talk to us, got put through to me and asked if we'd like to meet him for lunch sometime as he has things he wants to discuss with us."

"And what did you say?"

"I said we'd see him Friday," she replied sarcastically. At his look she gave him the real answer. "I said you weren't available right now and I'd have to check your diary and get back to him. I guess we need to consult Mark before we do anything else."

"That's for starters," said Tom. "What's he up to?"

"Well, the only way we'll find out is to meet him, but only if Mark gives it the okay, and only with a hell of a lot of protection in place first," replied Sam. "I guess a phonecall to Council is in order. Adam would be pissing himself laughing if he knew how much trouble one little lunch request would cause."

"Don't be so sure he doesn't have an idea," Tilly commented. "He seemed pretty sure I wouldn't be able to give him an answer there and then. We have to assume he at least suspects what we are."

Sam looked at her. "He suspected me, not you."

Tilly laughed. "And you were forgetting that he knows I am your sister? We never told him I was adopted either, so there's sod all chance he doesn't suspect just the same about me."

Sam took a deep breath. "Okay, let's focus. I'll call Mark right now."

Tom and Tilly waited while Sam made the call, and heard him explain what had happened. He was silent for a long time while he listened to the other man tell him what to do, occasionally answering questions. When he finally hung up he looked back to them.

"Mark is going to speak to the Council later today. He'll let us know what they say. His opinion for the moment is that if they do let us go we will have to take all the teams with us, nice public place, and people inside and out so we are safe. I got the impression he's not keen on the idea, but thinks we might get more information on Adam this way than any other."

The others nodded. Tom spoke first. "I doubt he's anywhere near as against the idea as I am. This does not sound good at all. I've no desire to meet the man, and even if we are safe I can't help thinking he'd be worth taking out rather than talking to."

"That's not going to help. Mind you, if he has any suspicions at all about us he'd be a fool to meet us anywhere he wasn't also safe. Even if he has no idea we know about the research centre he'll be thinking we are dangerous."

"And so is he. Plus if he thinks we are a danger he's likely to have men there too, which makes it even more dangerous for us."

Tilly interrupted the two Alphas discussions. "This isn't going to help. We have to wait for our orders and then do whatever Council says. Lets have the argument about how and why if we have to do it."

She left the two of them to their bickering, knowing that it was mainly Tom's concern for his mate and their teams that made him not want to do this. She didn't exactly like the idea, but she would follow orders, and they would do everything possible to minimise risk to them. The one thing that they had to consider is that this might be very useful. Adam knew a lot, and although it was unlikely he would tell them all he knew it seemed too much of a coincidence that he would call them now, after so many years. He had to think they were Weres and need something from them. She just hoped to God it was not more labrats.

Tilly headed blindly through the corridors and up the stairs to her room. She couldn't get her mind off what had just happened, and the only way she could think of to clear it was to see Dill. Slightly ironic that she had been avoiding him and now the fact that he would be broadcasting his lust to her was just what she needed to stop thinking about other things. As she'd said, it wasn't worth getting involved in further debate until they had their orders, but she didn't think Sam or Tom would be thinking about anything else either.

Dill's smile when he saw her lit up his face, and she smiled at him when she immediately felt his emotions. It didn't seem to matter whether she had been away from him for five minutes or five hours, he was just as pleased to see her and just as horny. She headed over to him to give him a hug and kiss, surprised when he pulled her fairly tightly to his body and didn't flinch with pain as he did it. She returned the hug fairly gently and looked at him, asking with her expression what he was doing, even though she felt his emotions ramp up in intensity now he was close to her.

"It seems I'm doing a lot better today," he said with a grin.

She immediately knew where he was going with that line of conversation and tried to pull away from him to stop things before they started. He wouldn't let her.

"Don't do that. I'm serious. You know I'm not in pain, and I'm so nearly healed it's good enough for us to do some of the many things I think we'd enjoy."

"Dill, it's probably better if we wait until the doctor clears you."

Dill raised an eyebrow in question. "You'd prefer it if I asked him outright if I can have sex with you again?" She blushed. "Didn't think so. How about we start slowly and see how we get on. I've got to get back to normal activity sometime you know." He ended with a wink.

Tilly's objections were stopped by a passionate kiss that had her trembling all over. She hadn't felt that kind of reaction for a while, and as much as her rational mind said that they really should wait, her body and her cat took over. She returned his kisses with ones of her own, savouring the flavour of him and the feeling of their lips and tongues entwined. Their purrs were so low and soft they could hardly be heard, but she could feel his chest vibrating with the sound.

He gently stripped her, raising her dress over her head, and looking at her with desire when he had her naked. He pushed his trousers to the floor with his next move and noted Tilly's eyes moved straight to his hard cock. Dill didn't think he'd ever felt so desperate to have someone, and this was his mate, his forever.

Before she knew what was happening Tilly found herself being pushed back onto the bed, and Dill joined her lying on his good side and running his hand up and down her body. She could feel that she was getting hot and wet just from this. Perhaps it really had been too long and was time to let herself just be with her mate and feel all that she could. She rolled onto her side as well, pressing their naked fronts together and relishing the feeling of his hand running up over her hips and over her waist up to her breast. She sucked in a breath when he moved it down and started to roll her nipple between his fingers.

The evidence of Dill's arousal was pressing hard into her leg and when she moved his moan as they rubbed together filled the room. She heard him gasp and he tried to get closer to her to get some more contact. Her pussy was almost aching with need to have him inside her, and she wondered how to do it without hurting him. It came to her a moment later and she rolled over to her other side, enjoying the feel of his hand sliding over her skin as she moved.

Tilly raised one leg and tilted her hips back, letting his cock slide between her legs towards her centre. He got the idea very quickly and grabbed hold of himself to direct his dick inside her. Not having taken him for a few weeks he felt huge inside her and she groaned at the sensation. It was nothing compared to the groan he let out at finally being surrounded by her tight, wet heat. He started to move immediately, too desperate to wait.

The two of them set into a gentle rhythm, both loving being able to connect like this again, and panting and moaning at each new movement. Dill placed soft kisses on Tilly's neck as me moved behind her and used his hand to cup and caress her breast. His speed started to increase, knowing in himself that as much as he might like to make this last he was too excited at being able to do this to manage to stop himself from coming for long. He moaned as she met him with his movements again, instinctively knowing how fast he needed to go.

Dill felt himself building fast and it was only going to be a matter of moments before he filled his mate with his seed. He tried to let her know, wanting her to come with him. When his orgasm began he couldn't do it and the only thing he managed was to bite down hard on her shoulder. Her scream was a mix of pain and pleasure and he shot his load as she spasmed in his arms.

Tilly kept her legs locked around Dill so he couldn't leave her body as they both panted to recover their breath. His arm was around her holding her as tight to him as possible, not that she had any desire to get away from the feeling of his hard body pressed to hers. Little aftershocks kept going through the pair of them. It had been fast and furious but so satisfying that Tilly couldn't help purring as she lay there.

"Told you I could do it!" came his voice in her mind. "Next time I might even be able to make it last."

She turned her head so she could kiss him.

"That was fantastic. Don't worry about not lasting for hours. At least now we know we can get back into practice!"

Tilly expected a silly answer, but she just felt herself pulled tighter to his body. There was a moment when she heard him hiss slightly in pain but he didn't say anything. She just held still so as not to hurt him any further. His kisses along her shoulder started again and she heard him speak.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Just keep holding me."

The two of them stayed curled together, falling asleep wrapped up in each other mentally and physically after so long apart.

* * * * * *

It was late evening when the call back from Mark finally came. Sam picked up the phone and kept his face blank as he spoke to him, even though he knew Tom was hovering trying to hear something of the exchange. He just listened for most of the call, finally speaking.

"I understand. We'll make arrangements."

Tom's face fell. They wouldn't need arrangements if it was a no. That meant he was going to have to let Sam meet with a man who was dangerous, with no idea what he wanted. And on top of that, as much as Tom didn't want the issue to get to him, he was an ex-lover. A relationship when Sam was young and insecure, but still, he'd made love to Sam like he had. He surpressed the urge to hiss his annoyance at that, trying to concentrate on the matter in hand as Sam hung up.

One look at Tom's face made it obvious he already knew the answer, but Sam told him anyway.

"I've to make contact and arrange to meet in a restaurant that we can station men inside and out."

Tom wondered at the word. "Men? So Tilly isn't going?"

Sam actually growled at that. "I don't like it, but Adam is expecting to see both of us, and on top of that she should be able to get a feeling for the situation that I won't. Her empath skills are pretty useful in situations like this."

"I'm coming with you."

Sam looked startled. "You can be outside or in the restaurant, wherever you like."

"By your side," said Tom firmly.

"I don't want to put you at risk."

Tom hissed loudly. "I don't want you at risk either. There is no way you are going to meet that man without me being right beside you."

"How do I explain that?"

"Perhaps you could tell him I'm your husband. That would explain it very easily."

Tom's tone was a mixture of sarcasm and annoyance. Sam didn't like this idea one bit. If anything were to happen to him that was one thing, but his sister and his mate both in danger as well was not something he wanted to contemplate.

"Tom, please..."

"You aren't going to talk me out of this. We go together."

Sam dropped his head, resigned to having to agree. "We need to form a plan and speak to the team. Mark suggested Antonios as the restaurant. High end, and I know it's somewhere Adam would feel appropriate and he's been before."

"Plus the added advantage of being owned by Weres," Tom finished. "They can't know why we are there though."

"It will make it easy to get tables for our people. Get Finn and the trainees in for dinner, maybe Alex and Cal on the premises but out of sight and Den and Rob outside with a vehicle or two."

"You really think we should take Peter and Michael?"

"Again, Mark's idea. I know they need some field training, but it's a bit of an odd thing to take them on. Not exactly our usual type of mission, nor usual considerations."

"I can think of only one problem," said Tom.

* * * * * *

"NO!" said Dill, almost shouting at the Alphas.

Tom shot a thought to Sam that he'd been right, before trying to calm the situation.

"Dill, you are not healed properly yet. You can't change, and you won't be able to defend yourself as you normally can if the need arises."

"I don't care. There is no damn way you are taking my mate to meet this guy without me being there."

Explaining the situation that had arisen and the information about Adam and his subsequent phone call to the teams had gone fine. They had explained that Sam and Tilly knew him from university, although left out that he and Sam had a relationship. The problem had arisen when they set out the plan for who would be there and Dill realised he was being left back at the mansion while Tilly would be face to face with the man who was probably responsible for everything that had gone on.

Sam actually understood. He didn't want Tom there either, but at least he was an Alpha and fully fit. Dill was rather different and he had no place arguing. The problem with having mates on teams, especially when they were first together, was that they tended to be overprotective. Tilly was just as well trained as any of them, but Dill still wasn't prepared to back down on this one. Even Tilly's gentle coaxing of him to sit down and calm himself wasn't working. Sam sighed.

"You can go to dinner with the others, not meet Adam. It's not a good idea frankly, but there's not much chance of them working out who everyone is. If you so much as look in our direction during the meal I will personally make sure I never have nieces or nephews."

Dill sat back down, clearly not happy but prepared to compromise when the alternative was castration. Not that he thought Sam was serious about that, but he'd probably get some kind of punishment he wouldn't appreciate if he messed up. The fact he was only in the situation of not being able to protect his mate properly because he had ignored orders on their last mission was left unsaid.

There was one problem that neither Sam or Tom had considered. Finn spoke up next.

"What if this is a trap?"

"That's why we are going in so carefully and with backup."

"I meant, what if this is a trap for Sky? If we all leave this place she's here unguarded, Adam knows where you live, and you've said there are more facilities around."

"Shit."

Tom just looked at his mate, startled by the response. Finn had a point though.

"There's more to it than that though," replied Tom. "You're right, but it might also be an opportunity to search this place if he thinks we have any involvement with trashing the centre. We need to shut the house down tight, and it would be worth asking Mark to send some people to keep an eye out."

"I think we should take Sky with us," Finn carried on.

Everyone looked at him in shock. He blushed, which made the stares even worse, and he was sure everyone was waiting for an explanation.

"I know this is getting overcomplicated, but I need to guard my mate too. And unlike the rest of you she doesn't have training and she's not in a position to look after herself."

Sam was the first to ask the question that was probably on everyone's mind.

"Your mate?"

"Uh, yeah."

"As of when?"

"About three days."

"Well, I guess congratulations are in order. And I don't suppose there is any point leaving her here. She'd be safer with all of us."

"Table for two?" Finn asked cheekily. "I've not taken her on a date yet!"

* * * * * *

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,058 Followers
12