Friends and Foes Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers

As much as Adam had seemed not to notice the sounds the others had made to his original comment, he certainly noticed the loud hiss from behind him when Tilly couldn't stop herself from making her displeasure clear, and he turned and looked at her in surprise. She was pretty sure what had happened had been well deserved, even though she was glad that Sam had stopped her killing Simon. Sam just about managed to stop growling, but his voice was harsh.

"He nearly killed one of us, it is not a subject for jokes. Everyone was sedated, not killed, despite what they were doing. He fought and had to be subdued first. You've seen the film of it, I'm sure, and as far as we are concerned he deserved everything he got."

Adam's attention had been drawn back to Sam as he spoke, and he felt himself wincing at the force of the words. It wasn't as though he didn't know what had happened, and he knew that Simon had fought the cat, and nearly won, only stopped from delivering what might have been a killing blow by the arrival of the other Weres. The door opening behind him made him turn again, and he watched as a panther padded into the room straight up to Tilly. Now he paid more attention to her and could see she was upset and shaking slightly, but the presence of the cat seemed to calm her a little.

Tilly had been affected by remembering what had happened to Dill, and he had felt it. He had been ordered, like the others, not to show his human side in front of Adam and he hated the fact that he couldn't put his arms around her as comfort, but he nuzzled against her as best he could in his cat form. Tilly needed more as well, and she slipped to the floor, Dill quickly climbing into her lap and rubbing his face against hers as he purred softly.

It was only Adam who found this unusual, until he started to put two and two together. He wasn't sure if he could ask Jake, but he'd have to decide that later. Right now everyone else was ignoring what was going on behind him, so he turned his attention back to Sam as though everything was perfectly normal. In some ways, perhaps it was, even to him. He sometimes sat like that with Jake, stroking his soft fur, until one or other of them would change their touches to more sexual ones. He assumed that this contact was more for comfort than anything else, unless Tilly had been lying to him about couples making sure they were out of sight. He cleared his throat before speaking again.

"I am sorry. It shouldn't have happened, and I shouldn't have tried to make light of it either. I need to make things right Sam. None of this should have happened, and probably wouldn't if I hadn't given them the money. I should be content with what I have, but I was so desperate to be one with Jake I didn't even wonder for a long time how they were getting information. I was stupid, and some awful things have been done because of me. You have to let me help."

* * * * * *

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers