Friends and Foes Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers

He was relieved when they finally reached the boundary of Sam's house, and it was only a short walk along the wall to a side gate that they slipped through. The longer he held this man the more confused he was getting and the more thoughts of caressing and making love to him he was having, and he wanted to get some distance to sort this through. His mind wandering again, he was brought back to reality quickly as they reached the house and Michael finally spoke.

"I should take him to bed," he said, flushing slightly when he realised how that sounded. Peter barely noticed, he was just thinking what a good idea that would be.

Carefully, the two of them carried their burdens upstairs and into one of the many unused bedrooms where they could lay the men out on beds and wait for them to wake. They sorted out covers and pillows, making them as comfortable as possible, before Peter felt he could relax a little, even though he couldn't take his eyes from the beautiful face that seemed to have him entranced.

He dragged his attention away from the man in the bed for a moment, and looked across to Michael, seeing the same need and confusion on his friend's face that he knew was showing on his own. Michael fussed around the prone figure he was looking after, and then just stared at the sleeping face for a moment, before seeming to notice that Peter was looking at him. A jerk of his head indicated that they both go and sit on the chairs on the other side of the room.

"You feel it too, don't you?" Michael asked as soon as they sat down.

"Yes. I don't understand it, he's not even awake."

"Didn't matter when Finn found Sky."

They looked at each other for a long moment, both sad about what was being said, even though they knew it had to be done and they would both be happier afterwards.

"I guess I never figured things would turn out this way."

Michael gave him a sad smile. "I don't think we could ever have imagined this happening. The good thing is, it hit us at the same time. I can't imagine how this would be if it was only one of us and the other left alone."

"It's still sad. This means the end of everything."

"No. It's the start of something incredible for both of us. We'll always be friends and be there for each other, it'll just be different. We can still work together, and we'll always have the memories of what we've had."

Peter didn't quite know what to say to that. He did feel it too, he was just scared that this would change everything between them, despite what they might want. He'd spent almost all of the past two years with Michael, even before they were lovers, and they would no longer have that closeness, no matter what Michael thought. Their friendship went far beyond sex, but if they were both connecting with their mates there wouldn't be time for friends. Michael seemed to know what he was thinking, another sign of the connection they had despite it not being as close as they might have thought.

"Okay, we might not be together too much after they wake, but that is just in the beginning. Plus, I guarantee you will not be missing me when you can get frisky with wolfie over there!"

They both laughed, Peter thinking about how that might be, and wondering how so suddenly all his fantasies in that direction could be focussed on someone new, who he had never even spoken to.

"We are of course assuming they will be open to this idea."

Michael screwed up his face. "If not, I'm sure it won't take much persuasion. We wouldn't be feeling like this if they weren't right."

The practicalities of the situation hit Peter then. "We need to separate them, before they wake up, plus you and I need to take showers. They'll need a lot more persuasion if they can smell that we are already involved with someone, and I don't really want to be having a deep and meaningful conversation with you in the room, or to hear you doing it either. As understanding as we are about this, I don't need to see you in action with someone else."

Michael nodded. "I know the feeling. We've probably got more than an hour, which should be long enough. We can get the room across the corridor made up, and each take a shower while the other guards our mates. It's a shame to lose that nice room we've been sharing, but I don't want to take my mate to the bed I lost my virginity in, it doesn't seem right."

It was Peter's turn to agree, and then grin. "They don't stand a chance, with us both working on their seduction!"

Michael laughed for a moment, but when he stopped the sadness was back in his eyes. Enough had been said though, they were agreed on what had to happen, but there was one last thing he needed before he went to shower the smell of Peter off him. He took hold of him gently, and pulled him towards him for a hug. It was kind of a goodbye, they both knew that, and neither wanted to let the other go for a long while. It was also the first hug since they had first admitted their feelings for the other where neither one wanted to take it further.

* * * * * *

Less than an hour later it had all been done, and Peter was across the hall in a different room with the wolf that was driving him crazy. Perhaps he had been a little hasty to move him, because now they were alone it was harder not to think about that. At least before he had Michael to talk to. Now it felt like he had lost that friendship already, because he wasn't with his friend. He was with an unconscious man who he believed was his mate, and until that man woke up there was no proof it was a mutual feeling. He wasn't sure he could share Michael's confidence that this would all be fine, or indeed that Michael really believed it.

Half an hour later, his mind was still whirling with all that had happened in less than a day. The beautiful young man in front of him was highest in his thoughts, but he sighed when he realised that those thoughts had replaced almost all thought of Michael. He knew he had loved Michael, but now he knew that was nothing on what he felt for this man.

The first stirrings on the bed drew his attention immediately. He watched intently, willing him to wake up so he could meet his mate. It was probably only a few minutes, but felt like a lifetime, before his eyes opened and he looked around in confusion, then his gaze settled on Peter. Peter felt his body reacting just to the puzzled look. His wolf had amazing golden eyes, and they drew him in so that he couldn't think of anything else, and he just held that gaze for as long as he could, watching as the confusion waned and warmth entered.

He suddenly realised he had been staring for a while, and needed to do something else. He didn't stop looking, but managed after a moment to talk.

"Hello. I'm Peter. And you are...?"

"I'm yours," came a soft husky reply, before the man shook his head as if to clear it, and blushed. "Sorry, I'm a bit drugged up. I'm Jamie. What happened? Where am I?"

Peter tried to concentrate on answering those questions, when it was a miracle he hadn't just jumped the guy the second he had started speaking. His lion was roaring it's desire to make Jamie scream in the best possible way.

"I don't know exactly. The commando teams were chasing a truck that had two abducted wolves in it, but they found the one carrying you instead. They are still out looking, and you were sent back to our base. You were out cold because they had you on sedative drips while they moved you. It's been a couple of hours since we found you. You're safe, I promise."

"What about Chris?"

"Is that the lion who was with you?" Jamie just nodded, looking very worried, and Peter had to bite back his jealousy before he answered. "He's across the hall, and as far as we know he was just sedated like you. My friend Michael is looking after him."

He watched Jamie relax. "He's my best friend. I've known him since we were cubs, and I couldn't bear it if anything happened to him."

"Well, Michael is my best friend, and I guarantee he is taking very good care of Chris." A couple of understatements in that comment, thought Peter wryly. Up until he'd seen Jamie he'd have described Michael as his lover. Perhaps that was how close Jamie and Chris were, and they wouldn't want to bring things to an end. His lion's thoughts on that subject made him let out an involuntary growl, which surprised him but seemed to make Jamie smile.

"We are just friends. We became very good friends because we share our inclinations, but we've never been involved with each other. I doubt he'll give me much thought, beyond that I'm okay, if Michael is anywhere near as cute as you are."

Peter felt the blush spreading across his face. He was a little obvious with that growl, given what Jamie had just told him without being prompted in any other way. And being called cute by the man he wanted, even if in a roundabout way, caused his embarrassment but also made his libido and more physical things, rise. Jamie's next comment surprised him.

"You do know I'm wolf?"

"Yes. What does that have to do with anything?"

Jamie looked uncomfortable, and was clearly remembering something he didn't really want to. For the first time, his eyes shifted away from Peter. "It... things... are frowned upon, to say the least."

Peter had an idea what he was saying, but didn't see the problem, especially as Jamie was having at least some of the same feelings that Peter did about their situation.

"What things? Whatever happened to make you think that, it won't be a problem here."

Jamie shyly caught his gaze again, trying to get a sense of what to believe, and what to tell the man he'd only just met who was making him feel like his whole body was on fire with lust and other feelings he wasn't expecting. Tell him the truth, his mind urged, and he took a deep breath to steady himself.

"Chris and I were kicked out of home. Our families were friends, being the only Weres around in the area, and they didn't care that they were different species. Apparently it was okay to be friends, but it wasn't okay to be anything more. My father found us kissing. We really weren't involved, it was just a drunken one time thing because we were both frustrated at the situation we were in. He freaked and our families told us to leave. We still don't know if they were more horrified because we were gay or because we were different species, because both those things came up in the stuff they screamed at us before we got the hell out of there."

Peter couldn't stop himself from reaching out to comfort Jamie, stroking his hand up and down his arm in a gesture of reassurance, trying not to let the feel of Jamie's warm and soft skin under his fingers make him lose control, because he needed calming right then not to be molested. Jamie's eyes came to his, and although he looked sad, Peter also saw the desire that he was fighting.

"It really isn't like that here, or lots of places. At Council HQ there are lots of gay couples and very few people care about it. And the commandos here certainly don't. Our Alphas are a mated couple who are both men, plus one is wolf and the other is panther."

Jamie looked at him in disbelief. "Seriously?"

"Yep. You had it tough, but not everyone feels that way. My dad suspected I was gay long before I told him, and he was only upset that I didn't feel I could tell him straight away. He understands now that I was trying to work things out in my own head before I told people and it wasn't that I didn't trust him. Plus he's always supported Sam and Tom, the Alphas. It doesn't matter who you fall in love with."

A slow smile passed across Jamie's face at the words, even though Peter was surprised that he'd pretty much said he was in love. It seemed to be having a positive effect and Jamie no longer looked nervous, he looked excited and playful and Peter's lust was seriously starting to get to him.

"So... Your dad won't be horrified if you get together with, for example, a wolf?" asked Jamie with a cheeky smile.

In a split second Peter decided not to keep any secrets. It was better that Jamie knew everything now than got upset with him later when he found out. He also couldn't stop himself from talking about it as though it was a certainty, because he could see Jamie wanted it too.

"Not horrified at all. He will be surprised though. I think everyone will."

"Why? I thought you said no-one here cared about that stuff."

Peter steeled himself, nervous of admitting the reason even though he felt he must. "Because Michael and I have been involved, and everyone knows about that. They won't expect things to have changed so suddenly. Not that I was either."

"So suddenly? That suggests you and Michael aren't over."

"We are over," he replied firmly, "but only as of today."

Realisation dawned on Jamie's face. "So I'm not the only one having crazy thoughts and feelings despite the fact we've only just met?"

"Definitely not. I'd say there's three of us in the same boat. I have no idea what Chris thinks, but I dearly hope he does too, for Michael's sake. I don't even know if he's awake yet."

He watched as Jamie looked off into the distance, and then a very amused smile spread across his face. He looked back at Peter unable to stop smiling. "Chris told me to fuck off, because he's snogging the cutest guy he's ever seen!"

Peter laughed, and was pleased that he didn't feel at all annoyed that Michael was kissing someone else. This had to be the strangest thing that had ever happened, but it still felt like it was meant to be. A mock frown suddenly appeared on Jamie's face.

"How come they are kissing and we are just sitting here having a chat?"

"I don't know. We'd better put that right." Peter moved to sit on the side of the bed next to Jamie, who was sitting up and waiting for him to move closer. He moved one hand to the side of Jamie's face, staring into his incredible eyes as he leaned in, his whole body shaking with nerves and anticipation. He started to close the gap between them when he heard Jamie's whisper in his head.

"This is crazy, isn't it?"

"Yes, but it still feels right."

And with that he touched his lips to Jamie's, feeling the waves of desire he'd been trying to keep under control take him over entirely. He pressed Jamie back down on the bed so he could move on top of him and deepen their kiss, his lion rumbling his pleasure at the contact with its mate. He didn't even know what to do next, this was so good, and just making that connection and tasting Jamie was enough for the moment. He let the kiss continue for a long time, ignoring the fact that he could feel their erections pressing together. It was only when Jamie started to whimper his need he began to move.

Then he had to stop. He froze as he heard Tilly's voice calling him and Michael. They were on duty, and while Finn and Jake were missing there was nothing more important than getting them back. He scrambled off Jamie and tried to calm himself down while explaining.

"I'm so sorry, the Second is calling us and I have to go. I'll let you know when I can get back. Chris is across the hall, directly opposite, if you want some company. Don't go wandering too far, this place is huge."

He took a look at the bed with his flustered mate in it and groaned, taking in the sight of his chest that was slowly heaving, the kiss swollen lips, and eyes glazed with desire.

"You have no idea how much I want to stay with you right now."

Jamie smiled. "About as much as I want you to, but you have work. Go, we'll work this out later."

With one last regretful glance back, Peter left the room, almost bumping into Michael as he came out the opposite door. They looked at each other for a moment, taking in the smiles, and then laughing. Michael spoke first.

"How long do you think it will take Tilly to notice?"

"That depends on how important this is. She may be distracted, but not long I wouldn't think. You smell of Chris."

"You smell different too. Chris didn't tell me his name."

"Jamie," Peter replied, smiling broadly just at his mate's name.

"We've got it bad."

"Yes. But we'll be in deep shit if we don't get a move on and find out what Tilly needs."

They practically sprinted along the corridor and down the stairs, quickly finding Tilly in the meeting room. She didn't even look up at them for a moment, too engrossed in studying the maps she had laid out on the table.

"Good, you're here. I don't even want to know why it took you both so long. Speed things up next time. I need you to help me with this so we can try and work out where they went. Clearly that other van was meant as a distraction, so they led us the wrong way. Sam is taking this route here, and Tom this one," she said, pointing at roads on the map. "We may be totally wrong, and Sam can't contact either of them, so they've probably been drugged. Speaking of which, have those guys woken up yet?"

Neither of them replied right away, they just shared a look for a moment, and their smiles broke out again. Tilly looked up when she didn't get a reply, and saw the two pleased faces. She looked confused for a moment, before she sniffed the air, and then groaned.

"Really? You guys move fast. I assume they are actually conscious then."

"Of course they are," Peter replied, affronted.

"Is there going to be a problem?"

"Not between us, if that's what you mean. We talked it over before they woke up. Thankfully they seem to agree with us."

"Did either of you find out anything useful about them, or did you just jump them as soon as they opened their eyes? Names, where they come from, how they got caught and how long ago?"

Michael went slightly red, so clearly the answer in his case was no. Peter gave him an amused look before started answering.

"The wolf is called Jamie, the lion is Chris. I don't know family names, but they don't have contact with them. I don't know where but Jamie said they grew up together in a little place where their families were the only Weres. Their families threw them out when they found out they were gay. I don't know for sure, but I got the impression they haven't been taken to any of the research centres, so probably recently captured and in transport."

"It was convenient that they had them to get us off the scent. I'm glad they are safe, but we need to find Finn and Jake before anything bad happens. I need to speak to Adam, and you two need to try working out where they could have been taken. See what you can find out from the maps, or use the research information to see if there are any probable locations. We have to act fast. Also, Sam or Tom may call in with progress, so keep a note of that."

They both nodded, and got their heads down, trying not to let their thoughts of the men upstairs distract them from their task.

* * * * * *

Upstairs, Jamie was still sat on the bed, wondering what had just happened. In the last 24 hours he'd been trapped and drugged, and then instead of waking up somewhere awful like he'd feared they had been rescued in their sleep and he'd woken up with the strangest awareness. He remembered how members of his family had spoken about meeting their mates, but never really expected to experience it. One thing he did know right now was he needed his friend. With any luck he was having the same feelings and they could help each other understand, in the absence of the man he really wanted to work through his feelings with.

"Chris, you decent? I could do with some company."

"If you know what the fuck is going on, I'd appreciate it too. Where are you?"

"Already here," Jamie replied, coming through the door. He smiled at the state of his friend, sitting in the middle of a seriously crumpled bed and looking slightly shell-shocked. "What happened to you?" he asked with a cheeky grin, knowing the answer already. Chris gave him a dirty look.

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers