Friendships Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You knew just how I was feeling when I brought my 'Dog' in; that is why you wanted me to help you. You don't make a big deal about it, just a private affair. You need to carve 'Dog' into this much better wood that will last longer."

On a dreary, rainy day a shot rang out, all the deer and horses ran to the east. All except for the yearling that was ensnared, who was being shot at. Dawn mounted 'Apache' and said, "Go." to 'Dog', he knew all the scents for all the animals by now, so it was easy to find the yearling. In short order, the culprits were lassoed and they were hog-tied.

Dawn freed the yearling and put it over her mount. She tied each culprit to twenty-foot lengths of rope and tied it to her saddle horn. She looked back at the culprits and said, "My horse can go much faster than you can keep up with. What happens to one, does happen to the other. I suggest you remain standing up.

The cops showed up, and the sheriff was pissed, one of the culprits tried to steal 'Angel'. They were put in a holding cell and the sheriff said, "The law says I can keep you here 72 hours before charging you.

"Sheriff I am going to lose my job if I am here three days."

"Not my problem, your partner tried to steal another yearling from the same ranch. You don't understand, three days before charge, then arraignment, then held over for trial.

"I don't think you two appreciate the skills of the woman that caught you. She is a championship steeplechaser; one definition is an open field horse race; the other is over an obstacle course. 'Apache' can now do four rail jumps."

The sheriff came back later and pointed at one culprit and said, "I am letting you out on ROR, but you will lose your job if you jump; you would be in contempt of court." Then he pointed at the other and said, "You should get some sleep, you will be here awhile. Why do you keep trying to steal or kill their yearlings? It seems you always wind up tied and on your belly in the dirt."

"Sheriff, how did they find us so fast?"

"Are you ready for this boy-o? The dog named 'Dog', has been accepted by both the queen mare and queen doe, they all have made an alliance. 'Dog' knows all the scents for every animal so it was easy to track you. 'Dog' went into harm's way, as you had a gun, that's what ally's do. It was their first test of the alliance, everyone did their part."

It was a very odd scene, as king and queen of the stable, 'Apache' and 'Beauty' were there. The queen doe along with another doe and the queen mare were there. Mom was also there, 'Dog' made a division line between the animals and Daisy. One by one, the grains of shot were taken out of the yearling's shoulder.

Daisy checked other areas and patched up the wound, gave Mom a big hug and said, "I will make him better."

Mom checked in on her young every day and Daisy always gave her a hug. About a week in, the corral work started. It built up the strength of the shoulder. Then Daisy opened the barn door and said, "Go find mama." The yearling bolted out the door, Mom looked at Daisy, who waved back.

All the deer came up to look at the yearling's shoulder. The fur had to grow in, but otherwise he was healthy. Daisy was now to be trusted and accepted, she cared for and healed an ally.

Who would have thought that four species would love each other so much? It happens all the time in nature; they adopt each other to survive. It is man who would rather kill.

12