From A to Z

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Chiara23
Chiara23
650 Followers

Zack could see Adele's emotions playing across her face. He was sure he had pushed too far so he gave Adele an easy out, "When you feel up to it just let me know okay? No pressure, I promise."

---

Over a month passed and Zack was sure Adele wasn't going to give him a chance. He hadn't seen her at all during that whole time, it was like she was avoiding him. Zack was afraid that he'd gone too far that day in the laundry room. He felt like an ass, forcing her to make a decision that she probably wasn't at all ready to make.

Zack resigned himself to the fact that whatever he'd done had terrified Adele: That was it, he would never be able to see her or talk to her to apologize for what he'd said or done. He wouldn't even go up to her door to try, guessing that when she looked through the peep hole and saw that it was him she wouldn't answer.

---

In the days following the 'Coffee Incident' as she described it, Adele burned up the phone lines to her sister and her therapist. Zack's invitation to go for coffee had so rattled her that she packed up some of her things and went to stay with her sister.

One week led to two, which turned into three. Adele went back to her therapist for the third time in those weeks, still unnerved and panicky about the whole thing.

"Adele? Come in please," her therapist said.

Adele entered her office and sat in a chair, nervously pulling on her hair as she looked at the floor.

Her therapist watched her carefully for a few moments before speaking, "Adele, you remember what we discussed last week? About fighting your phobia?"

Adele nodded and said 'yes' so softly it was almost inaudible.

"Why don't we recap what we've already discussed before today then."

"Adele you've told me the same story every week for the last few weeks. Can you see the pattern forming here?"

"Uhh I don't know Charlene."

"Let's go through this step by step then. When he first came in to the laundry room the last time how was Zack acting?"

"Normal I guess."

"And when he mentioned the pantie issues?

"Maybe he was trying to make a joke?"

"Then he apologized and offered to leave right?"

"Yeah," Adele murmured.

"Why do you think he did that Adele?"

Adele shifted uncomfortably in her chair. "Maybe he thought he upset me?"

Charlene leaned forward and touched Adele's hand, "Did he upset you?"

"Well it was a stupid comment." Adele said with a bit of heat in her voice.

"Stupid or not I think he was trying to reach out to you. Do you think maybe your reactions to him may have upset him?"

Adele stared into her lap, "Probably."

"Yet he still came back," Charlene said as she leaned back into her chair. "And when he startled you, he apologized and specifically said he had no intention of hurting you."

Adele nodded but said nothing.

"Then he asked if you'd like to go for coffee, emphasizing that it should be somewhere 'you' would be comfortable. And only if 'you' wanted to right?"

"Yes, that's what he said," Adele replied as she looked out the window.

"When he saw you were getting upset again what did Zack say?" Charlene prompted her.

"He told me to let him know when I felt up to it and he promised that he wouldn't pressure me."

"So tell me Adele, does Zack sound like the kind of guy who wants to hurt you?"

"Well...no, I guess not." She responded neutrally.

"Okay, I want you to go home and think about what we've talked about." Charlene said with a smile. "I think we've made a bit of a breakthrough today Adele. Let's keep up this positive mindset and see where it takes us. See you in two weeks okay?"

"Okay Charlene," Adele said with a hint of a smile. "Thanks again, and yes definitely two weeks."

---

Zack was relaxing and watching a new episode of a stupid reality show he'd gotten hooked on when he heard a soft knock on his door.

Adele stood outside Zack's door. She felt so far out of her comfort zone that she was shaking and felt goose-flesh on her arms. She wanted to turn around, run back to her apartment and hide. She couldn't believe she was doing this: She was just about to turn and leave when the door opened.

"Adele! Hey, what's up?" Zack said, surprised to see her at his door.

Adele blushed and smiled shyly, "Err...Coffee?"

"Huh?"

'God how stupid can you be Adele?' she thought to herself. "Uhm...Get a coffee?"

Zack gave Adele a warm smile, "Sure, let me grab my keys."

They walked a few blocks to a nearby coffee shop. Adele had her hands jammed into her jacket pockets so Zack couldn't see them tremble.

Zack watched Adele out of the corner of his eye. He could see she was on edge so he tried to lighten things up again, hoping it would work this time. "So...do any laundry in your panties lately?"

Adele blushed and looked up at him. "Uhm, no. You?"

Zack grinned at her, "Ya, this morning, but they were riding up."

Adele giggled, "Ha! Now you know what we girls go through!"

Zack stopped in his tracks, "Was that a real full sentence just now?"

"Uhm, yeah?"

"No, no, no! You can't do this to me Adele! There is no way I'm going to let you off that easy," Zack said with a broad smile.

Adele looked at Zack and grinned, her face lighting up, "Okay."

"Oh come on! Give me something to work with here!"

Adele looked away and almost whispered, "Okay...I think you're cute."

Zack's jaw dropped, "You what?"

"I think you're cute, Zack." Adele said quietly.

Zack's heart did a flop in his chest, "When did you come to that conclusion?"

Adele blushed again, "When you moved in. I saw you and thought you were cute."

"But you didn't say anything because..."

"Yeah. I know you asked Mrs. Klein about me. My ex...well he..." she said waving vaguely at her face. "After that...well I haven't been able to handle being with guys I don't know very well."

They started walking again and Zack said, "So why me?"

"Well to be honest you terrified me at first, and I won't lie...you still scare me. The only reason I even asked you to go for a coffee was because my therapist thought it would be a good idea. I'm...I'm way outside of my comfort zone here Zack...I don't even know if I can manage this but I'll try okay?"

Zack chuckled, "You know, for someone who couldn't say more than three words to me a few weeks ago, you've sure turned into a chatter-box."

Adele held Zack's eye, "My mom used to call me motor-mouth. She'd say that I could talk the hind leg off a donkey."

Zack laughed and opened the door to the coffee shop for Adele, "Well I like the motor-mouth better."

Adele laughed too, "Really?"

"Really."

Chiara23
Chiara23
650 Followers
12