From Across The Room Ch. 02

Story Info
I must go to the airport.
4.3k words
4.18
6.2k
1
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/17/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Having not completely recuperated from recently having one of the best 'no sex' dreams of my life, I was busy working on the massive web site upgrade I had been contracted to do. Things in that respect were going well - it was my personal life that was in major turmoil, all because of that dream.

Sam called me to his office and asked if I would go to the airport to meet his grand daughter, who was scheduled to arrive soon. She was flying in for a big meeting that Sam was setting up, but nobody seemed to know what the meeting was about.

I felt comfortable enough around Sam to tell him some of the dream I recently had, and I suggested that perhaps I wasn't the best candidate for the duty he had just assigned me. I had told him how I had dreamt Belle and I had escaped to my apartment after 'Billy Boy' caused such an uproar when he discovered Belle and I snuggled up together on the sofa. I also brushed lightly over how I dreamt she had been laying on top of me and how we both fell asleep.

"In this dream of yours..." he slowly began. "Did you have sex with her?" he asked in a very guarded and modulated tone of voice.

"No sir, nothing like that happened," I replied, looking him dead in the eye to prove my sincerity. Sam stared at me for a moment without blinking. It seemed like he quit breathing as well and was staring a hole through me.

He suddenly roared with laughter and I damn near pissed myself! When he had regained his composure he leaned forward on the huge oak desk he was sitting behind. "Boy, all I got to say is either you're gay, one hell of a liar, or a true gentleman!"

He broke out in another round of loud laughter as he leaned back in the chair. "Do you know how many of those damned pansy-assed degree totin' Don Juanabe's have chased after Belle?!?!"

I wasn't sure if he was expecting an answer or not, but he made that decision for me by continuing.

"She ain't just a pretty face, ya know! No sir-ree! She's one sharp cookie and that girl can sniff out a liar from forty yards upwind!" he exclaimed as his hand slammed down on the desk and he again started laughing.

"So, if you're lying about it, give your heart to God 'cause your ass is hers!" he howled. After taking several deep breaths, he continued in a more serious tone. "God Lord, man! If you can dream of having her lay on top of you and not having sex with her, then you're just the man I can trust to be her escort while she's in town!"

From a desk drawer he pulled out a bottle of whiskey. "Now stop all this damned bull shit and get your ass moving!" he ordered as he stood up and put his hand into his pocket, retrieving a key ring.

"Here!" he barked as he took a few strides and had soon positioned himself to the right of the chair I was in. "take my rag-top, you old son-of-a-bitch!" he roared as he jokingly jabbed me several times in the arm.

Standing up, I was about to be on my way but he stopped me. Handing me a stack of cash he said, "HERE! Just in case you and Belle want to stop for dinner or something," and shoved the cash into my hand.

As I walked from his office, I heard him muttering to himself. "Nice guy, that Art is. Sure hope Belle..."

I was unable to hear the completion of his statement because I was too far away by now. I thought to myself it may be just as well I didn't hear.

Nervous as a bomb squad trainee, I slid behind the wheel of his prized Bentley. I had never even sat in a car this valuable, let alone drive one. I started the engine and cautiously made my way to the airport.

Arriving well before Belle was scheduled in, I had no idea where I should park this gem I was driving. One of the outdoor attendants, who knew as soon as he saw the car who it belonged to, approached the window. He instructed me on how to get to the private parking area of the airport and I was off to complete the next leg of my mission.

Leg? Why did I say 'leg'? No! Her legs never crossed my mind! Those two gorgeously tan and well sculptured legs that supported her exquisite frame had rarely been the subject of my thoughts! (Oh! I see how you are!! You can believe I was driving a Bentley but not that I hardly ever thought of her lust inspiring legs, huh?? Okay-y-y-y)

Anyway... I parked the car and went through the posh hallway leading from the private garage to the terminal and checked the flight board. Her flight was still indicated to be on time, so that meant I had about an hour to kill. Walking casually toward a coffee shop I had seen, I went in and ordered myself a cup of good old hot, black, Arabica coffee. They didn't have Guadalupe, which is my favorite coffee, but it's rare to find a place that does.

When I heard the arrival announcement for her flight I finished my coffee, tipped the server, and headed to the waiting area. The minutes seemed like years as I watched her plane slowly move into position on the tarmac. Then, with what seemed to be an agonizingly slow speed, the jet walk moved into position. It seemed like another three years had passed before the door finally opened and the arriving travelers began to disembark. I waited anxiously while simultaneously being scared out of my mind.

Belle and I had been talking quite a bit over an Internet phone service provider, so I wasn't scared about not having anything to talk about.

What scared me was that I would loose control of my mouth and tell her how I felt about her.

"It's show time!" yodeled the ring master from the circus of thoughts in my head. There she was! Wearing a short skirt and a form flattering top, I watched her with astonishment for a few seconds before I started to make my way toward her.

"Belle! Over here!" I called out in a voice just loud enough for her to hear me. I was walking toward her, trying desperately to make eye contact, when 'WHOMP!'

I was suddenly face down on the carpet. I heard several nearby people snickering, and one guy was laughing shamelessly out loud while a lady was asking me if I was okay. I pulled my face from the carpet and looked up. My eyes at once locked on a pair of nice, slender ankles that were a few inches from my head. As I scanned upward I soon realized it was Belle standing in front of me.

Bless her heart. She was trying assiduously not to laugh as I scrambled to my feet. Standing up, I was in front of her and as soon as our eyes met, we both began laughing uncontrollably

"Oh my God!" she howled. "I'm really sorry, Honey! Are you okay?" she managed to ask in the few seconds she managed to get her laughter restrained. With both of us now laughing again, I nodded my head that I was okay.

"I've had men fall for me before, but never quite like that!!" she cried through her laughter, dabbing a handkerchief at her watering eyes. "I'm sorry for laughing!" she said in short gasps, "but you looked so cute when you realized it was me standing right there in front of you!"

Neither of us could stop laughing. We literally crawled to a row of seats nearby and managed to sit down. It took several minutes but we finally had ourselves laughed out and dummy me thought I'd start a nice, casual conversation. So, what was the first thing out of my mouth??

"Did you have a nice trip?"

In the nanosecond before I realized how I asked what I asked, I saw Belles' body start shaking and her hand went in front of her mouth.

"It was fine," she said in a voice full of giggles as she tried to hold back more laughter. "It was nothing like your trip!!" she blurted out as she once again broke out in uncontrolled laughter. She was laughing so hard her face was blushing and her laughter soon got the best of me and I too broke out laughing.

"Oh! Oh! Oh!" she gasped in short breaths between her laughter. "I'm really sorry, Art! It's wasn't funny, but..."

"But it was hilarious!" I interrupted with, knowing how I must have looked as I did a belly flop onto the carpet. It would be like seeing a beached whale right there in the middle of the waiting area, surrounded by dozens of people.

Several minutes later, once we regained control, we were walking down the hallway that lead to the exclusive parking area where I had parked Sam's' Bentley. I opened the door for us to enter the garage and Belle stopped abruptly. She looked at the shiny black Bentley convertible parked there and instantly recognized it.

"Grandpa let you drive THIS?" she asked in noticeable disbelief as she turned to look at me.

I managed to produce a very serious expression. "No, not exactly," I began. As I pretended to flick the ashes from the end of my invisible cigar, I explained: "Schee, Heresch what I did... I tied da old man up ta his chair 'nd stoled da keys from 'im!" I said in my best (but still terrible) 'mobster talk' way.

The look on her face was priceless during that split second it took for her to realize I was kidding around. She started giggling.

"You're such a shit!" she giggled as she lightly pushed me and began to walk to the passenger side of the car. "No, I mean, it's just that Grandpa never allows anyone to drive this car. The family joke is that he'd need to be tied up before he'd let anyone drive it!" she explained as we got in.

As I backed out of the parking space then exited into the bright sunlight, she put her sunglasses on and looked at me. "Why don't you drop the top?" she asked innocently as I stopped at a traffic light.

Grinning like a Cheshire cat, I glanced at her. "I was about to ask you that same question!"

At first, I thought I had insulted her, but soon knew better.

"Silly man," she giggled. "This kind of top needs to be lifted off over the head!" she casually remarked as she scooted a bit forward in the seat and grabbed the bottom of her top. I damn near passed out! Within a second or two she had slid back in the seat. I looked over at her and she had her hands folded on her lap and a big grin on her face.

"You didn't really think I'd take it off here in the middle of town, did you?" she giggled. Before I could come up with a witty response, she added, "Besides, how would I explain the stain from you shitting your pants?"

I chuckled, knowing she had once again, nailed my ass to the proverbial tree. "Well, a guy can dream, can't he?" I quipped as I touched the button to lower the top. As the convertible top settled into the boot, the light turned green and we were on our way.

The conversation wasn't constant, but we were more than comfortable enough around each other that we didn't need to talk continuously as is typical with most people.

As we drove along, Belle would glance over at me occasionally, and when I thought I could 'get away with it' I'd steal a look at her long, sexy legs. I was so glad she was wearing shorts, because you all know how I love the female leg, but her wearing shorts made it hard on me.

Oops. Perhaps I should say, 'it made it really difficult for me to focus on driving'?

Pick either phrase - they're both accurate!!

"You want to get a bite to eat? Sam's treating," I said as I moved the car into the freeway exit lane. "He gave me money for, as he said, 'just in case you and Belle want to stop for dinner or something'."

"I could go for some pasta of some kind," Belle quickly replied. "Do you know any good places around here?"

Admitting that I really didn't, she looked up a few possibilities by using her cell phone. We decided on a place not too far out of the way and soon were seated in a cozy little corner. The apprehension Belle felt by the lack of customers was obvious, so I explained it too her.

"It' two in the afternoon and that's typically a 'dead' time for restaurants, so don't worry about that part of it," I said, trying to reassured her.

Our lunch was fabulous, in all ways! Great food, a very crisp, delightful wine, fresh garlic bread, and for me, the best dinner companion a guy could ask for.

We took our time, and as we were walking out the door after finishing our lunch, Belle said something I couldn't believe. "Grandpa tells me you're a great cook. Is that true?"

I was surprised to learn that Sam told her that. He only had my cooking once, at a barbeque I hosted a few weeks back and the food I served would give no indication about any cooking ability I might have.

"Obviously, your Grandfather was being very kind," I replied. "However, I do have a confession to make"

Puzzled, Belle looked at me for a moment. "You really do want to marry me, is that it?" she asked. I had no idea where that came from, and the surprise on my face must have been flashing like a strobe light.

I was still in shock as I opened the car door for her. She sat down and looked up at me. "Well, I guess that's my answer," she said, sounding to be quite hurt. I felt like a fool as I stood there, still speechless. In the next second, she was doubled over in the car seat, laughing almost as hard as when she saw me hit the deck at the airport. "I love doing that to guys!" she laughed. "You looked like you weren't sure whether to shit or go blind!" she howled, slapping her hand against her thigh.

"I didn't know, so I closed one eye and farted," I said, trying hard to keep a straight face as I closed the door.

By the time I had walked around the car and sat down, tears were rolling down her cheeks from her laughter. "You're so damned funny! I just love a guy with a sense of humor!" she chuckled.

"Well, what I was actually going to confess was that when I heard a few days ago you were flying in, I started preparing for a dinner I wanted to host for you and Sam," I said, trying to divert her from her question for fear she'd press the issue further.

"Really?" came her now serious and soft reply. I started the car.

"Yeah. I was planning to serve sugared almond salad, a brisket in wine sauce with carrot kugel and stir-fry green beans for the sides, then finish it off with honey cake," I explained as I looked at her face which now had a surprised look on it. "I know it's a bit late for Rosh Hashanah, but I just wanted to do something special for the two of you."

She leaned over and put her right hand on the side of my face. "You are the sweetest, most considerate man I've met in a long, long time," she whispered through her smiling lips just before she passionately kissed me. As fate would have it, as soon as her lips touched mine, her cell phone rang. She answered the call and I started off, presuming that we were going to the office.

During the call, I noticed she was doing a lot more listening than talking, and more than once, she gasped, giggled, or said, "Really??"

Obviously, I had no clue who it was she was talking to, nor did I have any idea the topic, but her reactions made me wonder. Considering it was most likely a personal call, and not knowing her that well, I couldn't ask questions, but I was quite curious. My curiosity increased as quickly as the Hindenburg burned when she finished the call. Her attitude had changed. No, she wasn't mean or weird, but more, well, more sensual when she spoke to me. I soon learned the answer to my unspoken question.

"That call... It was Grandpa calling to see if I was okay," she said in a very soft voice. When there was a longer than normal pause from her, I glanced over. She was looking at me, which was fine by me, but she had a different 'look' about her. Almost like a sadness one might feel when an undesired departure is drawing near, but yet, her eyes were sparkling diamonds, full of life and perhaps, desire. Desire for what, I didn't know, but that's the thought that came to mind.

"Oh! Go straight thru!" she said as I put my turn signal on in preparation of my expected upcoming turn. I did as she said and I asked where we were going.

"To the house," she said calmly. "I just don't feel like going in and seeing all those wolves Grandpa has working for him."

It took little time before we were at the house, going in through the garage after I parked. I was amazed at the interior. It was so close to where I had been in my dream that I found it to be a bit unnerving.

We were walking down the short hall that lead to a kitchen like I had only seen in magazines. Big, lots of counter space, and shine! Wow!

It was so nice to be in such a big, bright, clean kitchen. Mine at the apartment was clean, but only had a small window and artificial light just isn't the same as natural light.

She set the few items she was carrying on the end of the counter and turned unexpectedly, facing me. She was grinning. She didn't say a word but just stood there grinning at me. It took little time before I began to get nervous. Usually, when I see that from a woman, it means I'm in deep, deep trouble.

"Grandpa told me you had quite a dream about me a few nights ago," she finally said as she walked toward me. She had a look like she either wanted to throw me on the floor and ravish me, or throw me out the door and feed me to the dogs. I didn't know which way it would go.

I knew she had a strict dedication of remaining chaste until married, so I didn't think my desired reaction was a possibility, but she had specifically had me bring her to the house after the phone call, so I didn't think she'd boot me out now, but I know to never try and guess what a woman is up to. I stood there, motionless, trying to prepare myself for anything that might happen.

She was now less than a foot away from me and her hands quickly cupped my face between them and she kissed me like I have never been kissed before in my life! No tongue or anything like that, but it was as passionate a kiss as you'd ever see in a movie! My arms went around her slender waist and pulled her tight against me.

Breaking off the kiss, she moved her head back a few inches. My arms remained locked around her. I didn't want to ever let go of her!! She was searching my eyes, looking for some information to gain out of them, just as in the dream. I was really getting spooked but quite excited as well.

"Tell your dream to me, Art," she coaxed. "I'm sure there's more to it than you told my Grandfather."

I initially tried to explain I was almost ashamed of my dream and that I prefer not to, if she didn't mind.

Her eyes were darting back and forth, searching my soul once again. "I do mind. I want you to tell it to me," she restated with just a bit more of the tone of a demand instead of a request.

Figuring I had nothing to lose, I began to give her all the details of the dream that was still very vivid in my mind and answered the questions she had as I went. While I was telling about that dream, I was also getting ready to run like hell when I finished. I figured she'd be so pissed off and me and insulted by my foolishness that it would behoove me to have a quick escape plan in place.

When I had finished, she stood there for a moment, again, not saying a word nor giving any hint as to her thoughts or feelings. Finally, her full and tempting lips began to form the words I wasn't sure I wanted to hear.

"It seems I owe you an apology," she whispered, again taking my face between her hands. "When you'd call me 'Sweetheart' or 'Dear' over the phone, I never dreamed you had such a high opinion of me."

"Well, actually, I feel I owe you an apology," I replied. "I've had a dream my entire adult life of being with a woman such as you. One that I could really connect with. One who was sophisticated, articulate, and witty, as well as not being offended by my occasional gutter humor," I continued.

"Sh-h-h" she said, placing a finger over my lips. "I want to apologize to you for being blind to what you were trying to tell me."

"Sweetheart, I'm twice your age, at least three times your weight, and I'm about as exciting as watching arthritic snails race across the Artic! I really never had any realistic thought of you wanting..."

"Sh-h-h-h-h!" she said again, a bit more emphatically, pressing her finger a bit tighter against my lips. "You seem to have all the characteristics I've looked for in a man," I heard her saying as I slowly melted from the soft, caring tenderness in her eyes. "But we've really only known anything about each other for a few weeks. Don't you think it's a bit soon to dive that deep into anything close to an emotional relationship? Besides, if you think of the distance between our homes, it would be doomed to failure before it got started," she continued, still with a kindness beyond belief in her tone.

12