From Obsession to Redemption Ch. 05

Story Info
Finale: liberty for some and justice for all.
4k words
4.86
14.7k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/06/2022
Created 06/26/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Callie gasped, suddenly enveloped in complete blackness. Reflexively, she clutched Jack's hand more tightly.

"It's okay, Callie, " he soothed, "we've just lost power."

"I know, I know," she replied breathlessly, "You must think I'm a total idiot."

"No... would you like to know what I think of you?" He began stroking her hand gently with his thumb.

"Ummm.. no... maybe.... yes?"

Taking a deep breath, Klaus plunged forward. "I think you're the most intelligent woman I've ever known. I think you are beautiful inside and out. And most of all, I think I'm in love with you. No... I know I'm in love with you."

For a moment, she did not reply and he was terrified. What was he thinking? He should have waited. But the feeling underlying his fear was pure adrenaline-based exhilaration and he did not attempt to take back his declaration.

Callie's heart beat a wild tattoo in her chest. She thought she might faint, cry, or worse begin laughing hysterically. She tugged on his hand and asked, "Do you think you can come over here on the sofa with me? I'm afraid to come to you, my knees might not hold me up and I can't see a thing down here."

Klaus made his way carefully around the table and eased himself down next to her. The sound of her breathing and the smell of her perfume guided him in the pitch black. Immediately her hands ran up his arms, over his shoulders, and taking his face into her hands, she pulled him down to her. The first kiss was whisper soft at first, merely a brush of lips against lips. His arms reached out to encircle her warm body and they kissed again, this time with growing intensity and passion. His tongue slipped tentatively between her soft lips as she opened her mouth to him. They kissed like teenagers who have yet to move beyond that first exploratory sexual step and have yet to become jaded to kissing. They kissed like it was enough.

After many long minutes, her fingertips brushed against the mask. He broke away from her long enough to remove it and immediately reclaimed her lips as her fingers gently explored his face, trying to visualize what she felt. It was no use, all she could tell was that his skin was smooth and his hair fell in waves against his forehead. Besides, she was completely distracted by the fact that his hands were beginning to roam as well. Up and down her arms, across her back, pulling her closer and closer to him. The kisses and his touch were combining for an intoxicating heady feeling; she could feel her pulse throughout her body.

Kissing his way down her neck, he buried his face in her silky dark hair and whispered hoarsely in her ear. "Callie, I want you more than anything I've ever wanted in my life. Do you feel it too?"

She nodded then stood up, tugging his hand. Damn, if there were even a sliver of light in this place maybe she could see him. She strained her eyes, nothing, absolutely nothing.

"Help me with the sofa," she replied. It was all the answer he needed.

His heart pounding, Klaus moved the coffee table out of the way and then helped her open up the sofa bed. Grabbing her hands, he drew her down onto it with him, pulling her body against him. It was the realization of a long held dream to feel her pressed against him, raining kisses on his face. He slipped his hands under her shirt, aching to feel more of her warm flesh. She wriggled against him responsively, giving herself over to pleasure.

"Would you like for me to take that off?" she asked, blushing unseen at her own boldness.

"Let me, please?"

She moved his hands up to the buttons at the neckline. He took his time, easing each button out, his fingers grazing the skin he was exposing. She shuddered as he touched the swell of her breasts; it had been so very long since she had been touched that way, and maybe never so tenderly.

Easing the shirt off her shoulders and tossing it aside, he moved quickly to unhook her bra. He was afraid she'd change her mind if he gave her too long to think about it. But no, she made no move to stop him. Freeing her breasts, he slowed his pace, caressing the smooth skin softly, teasingly, before allowing himself to touch her nipples. They hardened under his fingers, eliciting a moan from Callie.

"No fair," she whispered, tugging at his collar.

He forced himself to take his hands from her body and made short work of his shirt. She immediately snuggled back up to him and he was overwhelmed with sensation as her full breasts pressed against his bare chest. Skin on skin, it was electric.

"You feel so good, you feel so... right." He used a finger to tilt her chin up and kiss her again. Then he took her hand in his and guided it down to the bulge in his pants. She outlined his throbbing cock with her fingers. "I couldn't wait for you to do it yourself."

As her touch excited him almost beyond bearing, he stroked her back, his fingers moving lower and lower until he slid them under the waistband of her pants. Opening the fly of his jeans, she impatiently reached inside to fondle his cock. She liked what she felt, a thick shaft, uncircumcised, with a nice rounded head.

"Oh my God," he gasped. "You're driving me crazy, woman!"

Klaus withdrew from her to stand beside the bed and disrobe. The rustling sounds from the other side let him know she was doing the same. They came back together in the darkness, reveling in the feel of their naked bodies entwining. He moved on top of her and began licking and nibbling his way down her neck, pausing at her breasts. Circling each nipple with his tongue, then sucking like a hungry infant, his teeth nipped her gently. She felt the shockwaves streaking straight to her pussy as Klaus continued sliding downward. Kneeling between her thighs, he gently spread them more widely apart. The first touch of his fingers against her already wet sex drew another gasp from her. With maddening patience he explored her, probing and rubbing in all the most delicious spots. She felt the warmth of his breath on her thigh and then the exquisiteness of his tongue fluttering against her clit. He licked and sucked and began pumping two fingers in and out of her wet heat; the orgasm burst upon her. Back arching, fingers clenched in his hair, she screamed into the darkness. He wrapped his arms around her thighs and held on until her spasms ceased.

When she could speak coherently again, she urged him back up beside her. Kissing him deeply, she tasted herself on his tongue. She found it more arousing. Her hand reached for him and found his cock steel hard against his belly. Suddenly she wanted nothing more than to taste him and pushed him over on his back. Bending over him, she took long slow licks up the length of him, she engulfed the head in the warmth of her mouth, she adored his cock with her mouth, tongue, and fingers. She teased salty precum from him and it was his turn to moan with pleasure and lust.

"You have to stop, Callie, please. I don't want to... "

She gave a breathy laugh. "You don't want to?"

"I want to..." he pulled her up and moved over her once again. "I want to come inside you. Please... it's safe, I promise you."

She reached up to touch his face. "I know... I know now that I have nothing to fear from you."

Callie felt the tip of his cock brush against her slick pussy, and opened herself to him. She focused on the sensation of it entering her. Thick and hard, it stretched her slightly and she knew she'd never forget that moment. Klaus pushed forward until he was fully sheathed in her tightness. They began rocking together, finding their rhythm, slowly at first but quickly becoming more frantic. Her nails clawed at his back and he reached under her hips to pull her legs around his waist. Pounding against each other, the slippery sounds of their bodies joining flooded their senses. She began urging him on, gasping out that she was going to come again.

"Good, good," he panted. "Come with me, Callie." It was unlike anything either had ever experienced. It was a joining of body and soul, of love and lust, and it seemed to go on for an impossible length of time. They clung to each other as if dying as the thunderstorm outside raged on.

During the night, they dozed a bit, woke to make love again, and whispered their pleasure to each other. They began intimately acquainted with each other's bodies by touch and eventually, exhausted, they drifted into deep sleep

In the early hours of the morning, Klaus was awakened by the hum of power returning to the house. The lights! He turned to Callie, but she was still sleeping peacefully, her beautiful face serene. How would she react when she saw his face? He knew she would recognize him. He rose and gathered his clothing and mask, then clicked the light off. Instead of breaking it to her all at once, he decided the best course of action would be to reveal his identity slowly. He could not risk losing her now that he finally had her.

Padding quietly up the stairs to the kitchen, he dressed and started some coffee. It was already 7 a.m. and he was ravenous.

"Mmm... how about an omelette," he surveyed the contents of the refrigerator.

The answering machine suddenly clicked on and Klaus froze. Steve's disgruntled voice broke the silence of the morning.

"Callie.. where the hell are you? I called a coupla times last night and couldn't get through. Anyways... this conference is a bust and I'm on my way home. I just got in at the airport and should be there in about an hour."

Klaus fought down his panic. Goddamnit it all, he thought he'd have weeks to win her completely! He'd have to trust that what they'd shared last night was enough for her to believe in him. Gathering his belongings together, he wondered if he should take the added precaution of trying to wipe down his prints. He decided to risk it. He'd rather take the little time he had left to write her a note.

My dearest Callie, It breaks my heart to leave you this way but if you check your answering machine, you'll know why I must go. Please know that everything I said to you is the truth, I stake my life on it. The path your life will take from here is your choice, remember that. You are an amazing woman and deserve much more than you've had. I hope we will be together again soon. I love you, Jack

He frowned at the signature but knew this was not the time to confess his identify. Sneaking silently downstairs, he placed the note on the pillow and took one more look at the love of his life.

Checking his watch, he knew he had to leave NOW. Leaving the basement door open, he made no attempt to be quiet exiting the house. He slammed the door on the way out, hoping it would wake her. Hoping she would make the decision that would lead her to him. He glanced back at the house as he made his way through the woods to where he'd hidden his van. It was all up to Callie now.

Callie stretched, waking from a dream of love and passion. Who was making all that racket? She forced her eyes open and was startled to see the door left wide open. Jack, where was Jack?

Testing the light, she found that the electricity was back on and spotted the note. Reading it quickly, she was completely confused. Tying on her robe and climbing the stairs, she called his name. No reply in the quiet house. As Jack's note directed, she clicked on the answering machine playback and heard the familiar voice of her husband. The meaning of the note became crystal clear. As she deleted the message, her mind was whirling. What do I do now? Call the cops? Tell Steve? Funny, but neither seemed like something her heart would allow her to do.

The phone rang making her jump, but she calmed herself and picked it up.

"May I speak with Mrs. O'Donnell?"

"This is Callie O'Donnell."

"Mrs. O'Donnell? This is Sergeant Jackson from the Atlanta PD. We have just apprehended a young woman trying to use your husband's credit card to book a flight to Las Vegas. She claims to be Mrs. O'Donnell but couldn't produce valid identification. Since the card has a security flag, she was detained. Do you know your husband's whereabouts?"

"Yes, he's on his way home as we speak. Who is this woman?"

"Her identification gives her name as Kelly Gilbert but her story is that she married a Mr. Steve O'Donnell last week and hasn't had time to update her I.D. We checked with the hotel in Toronto where she claims they were on their honeymoon and the concierge confirmed that a couple registered under his name were guests in room 109."

"I see," Callie replied, and indeed she was beginning to see quite clearly.

"Miss Gilbert has a rather substantial amount of cash on her by the way. Says she received an emergency call to rush home to her sick mother in Vegas, but she can't really explain why she's going through Atlanta to get there. We think she was just trying to blur her trail."

"So... what do you need from me, officer?"

"I only needed confirmation that her story is false. Actually, we believe she might be a con artist the FBI is looking for; a couple of agents are on their way over here now to question her."

"Fine. Just contact me if I can be of any help. By the way, she is... was my husband's secretary, if that information helps at all."

"Thank you, ma'am. We'll be in touch."

Callie hung up the phone, unsure of whether she was going to laugh, cry, or throw up. It explained a lot. Why Steve was coming home so suddenly. Why he had been even more disconnected from her over the last year. She glanced at the kitchen clock, and realized he would be home in mere minutes. She'd have to move fast to remove the most obvious traces of her "kidnapping." As she slipped Jack's note into the pocket of the robe he gave her, her mind was made up. Steve need never know. Actually, it was really just none of his business.

Epilogue

Callie kissed her manuscript before handing it to her personal assistant. "That's for luck," she laughed.

"Oh, Mrs. O'Donnell," Sean chided, "You know they are going to love it. They ate up your short stories, didn't they?"

"We'll see, Sean. And how many times do I have to tell you to call me Callie?" she smiled at the young man. She knew he had a little crush on her and truth be told, she enjoyed it.

"Things are happening so fast for you. Do you ever miss your old life?"

She thought for a moment. Did she miss her husband? No, not the man he'd become the final years of their marriage. When he'd returned from Toronto six months ago, he'd put on a good front of being upset when she'd calmly told him she was filing for divorce. But she knew in her heart it was the terms of their prenuptial agreement that truly devastated him. She'd sold the company shortly thereafter to an old friend of her father and heard through the grapevine that the new owner had made unceremoniously firing Steve his first task on the job. Explaining to the children had not been easy, but they had both been pleased by the obvious positive changes in their mother. She'd continued the habits of healthy eating and exercise that Jack has introduced her to, and she now took the time to take good care of herself. It showed.

She also continued writing and eventually decided to take one last stab at being published. She'd submitted the story Jack read their last night together to a few magazines in New York and somehow, it had been accepted! Immediately they'd asked for more. One thing led to another, she got an agent, and began writing full time. She given up her administrative day job; it wasn't like she needed the money after selling the company. Her entire life had changed because of Jack.

Jack. She missed him every day. She waited to hear from him, but the weeks went by, and then the months and no word. Still, she had not given up hope that she'd see him, touch him again.

"Mrs. O'Don.. I mean Callie?" Sean's voice brought her back to reality.

"Actually, dear, I only miss one thing. My life is too full and wonderful now!" She flashed him her brilliant smile and he fell in love with her all over again.

"Oh, I almost forgot. A courier brought this for you." He placed an overnight envelope on her desk. "I'll just take your manuscript down to get copies and send it off."

"Thank you, Sean." She was already perusing the envelope's address label. It was from some company in Los Angeles she'd never heard of. Opening it carefully, it appeared to hold airline tickets and a typewritten note.

Dear Callie, I heard from mutual friends that you are now a single woman. I know courtesy demands that I say I'm sorry, but I cannot. You were always far too good for the likes of Steve. I have continued to pursue my acting career and am so excited to invite you to the premiere of my first movie. The release has taken longer than I hoped, but I am still very proud of it. Would you do me the honor of attending as my guest? I hope so much to see you there. We have much to catch up on. Your friend always, Klaus Schmidt

She turned the tickets over in her hand. Why not? The old Callie would never have gone on such an adventure. And she had learned that adventure didn't scare her anymore.

Three days later, as she entered the terminal at LAX, she spotted a uniformed chauffeur holding up a sign with her name on it. Good God, Klaus had sent a driver for her! She had thought he would be there himself and was a bit disappointed. But climbing into the back of the absolutely decadent limousine, she got over it. There was champagne chilling with yet another note from Klaus telling her to enjoy herself; he had taken care of all the arrangements.

She was whisked away to the Beverly Wilshire and escorted to a beautiful suite. When she tried to tip the bellman, he waved her off saying it had already been handled. Only moments after arriving, a stylish woman knocked on the door, introduced herself as "Miss Sylvia" and announced she was there to help Callie get ready for the premiere. She was speechless as a rack of designer gowns was rolled in for her inspection and two padded bags of jewelry were opened up for her choosing.

"All of the stars at premieres are allowed to 'borrow' jewelry from the biggest diamond houses in town. They like the publicity, you know."

"But I'm not a star!" Callie spluttered.

Miss Sylvia laughed. "To the gentleman who engaged my services, you certainly are. Why don't you just relax and enjoy it, Cinderella."

Callie laughed along with her and decided Miss Sylvia was right. She had a wonderful time trying on the gowns and eventually settled on a simple slip dress of cranberry red along with matching heeled sandals.

"This color is just perfect on you," Miss Sylvia agreed.

A hairdresser and makeup artist arrived in a flurry of activity, and before she knew it, an elegant stranger stared back at Callie in the mirror. She had never felt as glamorous as she did watching Miss Sylvia fasten on a breathtaking sparkling necklace. Handing Callie the matching earrings, the woman efficiently packed up the rejected items and prepared to leave.

"Enjoy the night, my dear. Someone has to great lengths to ensure you have the time of your life."

It was true. She'd not felt so cared for since... well, since Jack! She pulled out the note Klaus had sent with the tickets and reread it. Dear sweet Klaus. How polite and formal he always was, which also reminded her of Jack. As the coincidence of their similarities began to twist and reform in her mind, she was once again interrupted, this time by the return of the limousine to pick her up. As the driver helped her into the plush back seat, he explained that his employer would meet her at the theater.

She was escorted down the red carpet by someone she guessed Klaus had arranged for; she couldn't catch his introduction in all the hubbub. Cameras were flashing in her eyes and she couldn't even read the name of the movie on the marquee. In all the mad rush, she'd never even thought to ask what it was she was going to see or how big a part Klaus had in it.

12