From the Heart

Story Info
His wife set them up.
2.4k words
4.4
21.7k
28

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Leenysman
Leenysman
1,936 Followers

Author's Note: A tip of the hat to member funnyalix for suggesting in a chat one night that I should "write from the heart." I decided to take her suggestion literally. So here we go...

Leenysman

~~~~~

Disclaimer: All sexual activity described in this story is between fictional characters over the age of 18.

~~~~~

I don't remember the crash. Maybe that's a good thing, to block out the pain, both physical and emotional. I don't want to remember the details. For a while, I didn't want to remember much of anything.

The first thing I do remember was coming to in the ambulance, as it raced to the hospital, and hearing one of the EMTs say, "He's awake. You're going to be okay, Henry. We're on the way to Mercy. You have a broken arm and a broken leg, and we've splinted both and given you something for the pain." I focused on him, and saw a name badge that said Ramirez, before I look up and saw a face that looked about my age, with a moustache and one of those little soul patches under his lip.

"Hank, call me Hank... Missy! How's my wife?" We had been on our way home from our 5th anniversary dinner before leaving for Bermuda the next day when... Why couldn't I remember what happened next?

Ramirez said, "The first team of EMTs on the scene are doing everything they can for her. She should already be in surgery now. You're probably next, if that leg fracture is as bad as I think it is. Nothing they don't know how to deal with, though."

~~~~~

I must have passed out again, because the next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed, my bandaged left leg elevated in one of those traction rigs, my left arm in a cast. I had an IV and a blood pressure cuff and some other cabling wrapped around my right. If the little white board next to the door was to be believed, I had skipped a day. Our anniversary was on the 22nd of April, but the board said it was the 24th. The window showed darkness outside, but whether that meant it was early on the 24th, or late, I didn't know.

I looked around, and found a call button on a cable wrapped around the bed frame where I could reach it with my right hand, and gave it a push.

It took five minutes, but someone finally answered. "Good morning Mr. Sherman. I'm Nurse Wilkins. You're at Mercy Hospital on the post-surgical floor. The doctors needed to open up your leg to insert some rods and screws to hold your femur together until it heals, so try to keep still How are you feeling?"

"How is my wife?" I answered.

Nurse Wilkins hesitated. "I... Dr. Havers is on his way here, and he'll update you on your wife. It's policy here for the nurses to not discuss other cases. Dr. Simons is assigned to your case, and he will see you on rounds in a few hours. Meanwhile, I do need to assess your status. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much pain do you have?"

"A four, I suppose. I assume I'm getting pain meds through the IV already?"

"Yes, sir," she said, just as the door opened, and a grey-haired doctor came in. When he got close enough, I could see 'Dr. Ronald Havers' embroidered into his white coat. Which is a good thing, as he never actually introduced himself.

"Nurse, can you excuse us?" he said, pulling a rolling stool over to the bed, and sitting down on it.

When Nurse Wilkins had stepped out, Dr. Havers turned back to me, and said, "I was your wife's surgeon, Mr. Sherman. Your wife Melissa presented with a major head trauma, and my team and I did everything we could to repair the damage, but it was too extensive. I had to declare her brain dead after three hours, and called in the transplant team. I am so sorry for your loss."

"Transplant team? You harvested her organs?" I asked.

Havers looked surprised by the question. "Yes. I thought you would have known that she had indicated on her driver's license that she wished to be an organ donor, and once a determination was made that she would not recover, the organ donation protocols went into effect. I know it doesn't make up for your loss, but just know that her organs have already saved four lives in the past day, including a heart transplant that was performed right here at Mercy."

Missy is dead. The thought repeated in my head until I fell asleep again, leaving me with another hole in my memory, as I don't remember Havers getting up and leaving.

I drifted through the next several days, barely remembering anything from that time. Nurses checked on me, got me to use a bedpan, meals got delivered, my leg was put into a cast after the incision was healed enough, but it was all swallowed up by the blankness of a life without my Melissa in it.

It was on the 28th that a ray of sunshine appeared to break through the clouds. Nurse Wilkins was on shift again, and came into my room, saying, "Mr. Sherman, there is someone here who wants to see you."

A visitor? So far as I knew, nobody was even aware that I was there. Missy and I had just started a two week vacation the day of the accident, and were supposed to be in Bermuda, and to keep burglars away from the house we weren't going to post about the vacation until we were home. Missy had lost her parents in her early 20s, but I hadn't even called my own family yet, that's how bad the fugue was.

"Who?" I asked. "Did the hospital call my family?"

"We would if we had a number, Mr. Sherman, but you haven't responded to several attempts to ask for one. But this visitor isn't someone you know. She... um... she's the woman who received your wife's heart a week ago. She just got transferred to this floor out of ICU and insisted she wants to speak with you, but you need to consent, first."

Missy's heart? The woman asking to see me had her heart? "I thought donations are supposed to be anonymous."

"They are," the nurse said. "Nobody here told her, I swear. She just knows, somehow."

"Yes, I consent. Show her in, please."

Nurse Wilkins left the room, then returned with a young lady in a wheelchair with an IV pole built in, and pushed her to the bed. Over the front of her gown, I could see the bandages over her chest incision. Nurse Wilkins decided we needed introductions. "Shawna Dufresne, this is Henry Sherman, Melissa's husband. I'll let you two be for a while, I have other patients to look after. Use the call button if you feel you need to go back to your room, Shawna."

I took a closer look at Shawna, and for a moment, thought I was seeing Missy brought back to life, that's how much their faces resembled each other. I closed my eyes, and looked again, and started seeing the differences, and then wondered how I thought they looked alike at all. Finally, I muttered, "Hello, Shawna. How are you?"

"Alive, thanks to Missy." she answered.

"How... how the hell did you know that was her nickname?" What was this?

"You're going to think I'm batshit crazy," she answered. "I'm not entirely sure I'm not. But, she told me so herself, Hank. Your wife has been visiting me in my dreams. She asked me to come to you."

"That does sound crazy," I said. "I don't suppose you have any proof? Something only she and I would know?"

Shawna smiled. "Something like your ATM PIN number is 537648, which was the name KERMIT entered on an ATM keypad that had letters on the keys?"

My eyes popped. Missy was the only other person who knew that PIN, because she used the same one, after having a pet frog as a kid. "Yeah, something like that. So, I suppose Missy has a message for you to relay to me?"

"She does. It's 'Marry this girl.' She apparently wants me to take her place, so her heart still gets to love you."

"You're kidding, right?" I asked.

"I told you it was crazy. I told her it was crazy. But I'm just the messenger, or maybe I'm the message, I don't know which. Do you want me to go, or stay?"

That's when I heard Missy's voice in my head, "Believe her, Hank. She's perfect for you. Maybe even a better match than me. Goodbye, my love."

"Goodbye, Missy," I whispered.

Apparently not soft enough, as Shawna said, "She spoke to you, didn't she?"

I looked Shawna in the eyes before saying, "Yeah, she did, and said goodbye. A matchmaker to the very end, and beyond, apparently. Is this our first date, then?"

"I suppose so. Although I have to warn you, my doctors haven't given me clearance to put out yet. I'm not sure they'd even let me do a handjob to take care of that," she said, pointing to my midsection, where the sheet over me was definitely tented by an erection.

"I'm sorry. I don't know where that came from. God, this is so embarrassing," I sighed.

Shawna laughed, a delightful sound I immediately wanted to hear more of. "Your wife has been leaving me very, very wet after some of my dreams, talking about what a great lover you are." She pointed at my prick and said, "That has her written all over it. And she's right, you are big." She reached her hand over, and caressed my prick, just for a second, but it was enough to make me start to shoot off, under the gown. Shawna rapidly pulled the sheet down and the hospital gown up, exposing me, then wrapped her hand around me, and finished jerking me off. The gown was a total mess by the time I stopped cumming. Thankfully, it was a private room.

Even that effort made her winded, but it was a look of satisfaction on her face, as she sat back in the wheelchair, and started to lick my semen off of her hand. When she had her hand as clean as she could get it, she grabbed the call button and pressed it.

Nurse Wilkins got an eyeful when she came in, as Shawna sweetly said, "Hank had a bit of an accident. Could you get him a new gown and a wet washcloth?"

"And after that," I added, "Could you bring me the phone? I think it's time I start letting people know where I am."

Nurse Wilkins actually came back and gave me a full sponge bath, while Shawna looked on, licking her lips as the sponge reached my prick and balls. Then Nurse Wilkins pulled a new gown on my, and brought me the phone.

"I feel like I should know your first name, after that," I said.

She laughed, then said, "Theresa."

I dialed my parents. "Mom, Dad? You're going to want to sit down..."

~~~~~

Nurse Wilkins eventually insisted Shawna go back to her own room, but she was back nearly every day after that, as we both healed up. My parents met her on their first visit, and she charmed them easily, even though they thought our story that Missy had matched us up was far-fetched, to be polite about it. Shawna's parents were less than polite, calling us crazy outright. We didn't care by that point. Nobody had a better explanation for Shawna even knowing where her heart came from.

We both got permission to take some walks around the hospital floor on the same day, and accompanied each other. I'm sure we were a sight, me in two casts, both of us pulling our IV poles down each hallway and back again. It was during one of those walks that we both said, "I love you," for the first time. I heard Missy giggling in my head for an hour afterwards.

Eventually, we were both released, also on the same day. I still had the casts on, and would for another month for the arm case and two months for the leg, but I was allowed to do the rest of my healing at home. It took a week before Shawna could convince her parents to let her come visit me at home, and another before they relented and let her move in with me, since it turned out we both had the same home-health nurses assigned to our cases anyway.

The first night we shared a bed, all we actually did was sleep, even though we both knew we were anxious for more. I awoke to her hand stroking another hard on. Not vigorously, she was still too easily winded, but enough to make me cum, reminiscent of our first day together. The difference is that we were able to get out of bed together, and took our first shower together.

That night, I had her sit on my face, and licked her to several orgasm.

Day by day, she got stronger, our walks together got longer, the cast on my arm came off and finally she got medical clearance to resume "sexual relations". We laughed, as we had already done pretty much everything we could except fuck. It was two months to the day since we had first met.

The cast on my leg made most positions impossible, but she was able to ride me cowgirl without much trouble, and I could finally grab her breasts with both hands. The scar in between served as a reminder of what she'd gone through, but it reminded me most of Missy, so I thought of it as "Missy's Mark".

Shawna bounced up and down on me, calling out my name. She felt like a perfect fit around me, I thrust upward as well as I could with just one leg, and she squeezed me with her internal muscles, and came just from my cock hitting her g-spot from inside, so when I slipped by hand between us and started rapidly stroking her clit, she came twice more.

"I love you, Shawna. Marry me?" I said, right before cumming into her for the first time.

Winded, Shawna collapsed on my chest, and when she caught her breath, she said, "Yes, oh yes, Hank." then started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Missy said it would take you two months, and she was right."

She always was.

~~~~~

Liked it? Thank funnyalix for it if you see her in Literotica Chat. Hated it? Blame me.

Leenysman