Fuck, Fight, Fall

Story Info
There are things we should not meet.
1.8k words
2.54
22.5k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maureen uttered a few choice words under her breath as her grip slipped for the second time. Even with a new set of gloves, the colder air and humidity made the mountainside nearly impossible to hold onto. At least the studs were holding securely; she'd worried when she saw the thin, brittle shale shelves that streaked through the denser stone. The studs held fast, though, and her rope was purchased with the gloves. With a yell she reached for the higher knob of rock and grinned savagely as her grip held. She began pulling herself up the extra inches when the cramp ran through her forearm from overextension. Her fingers loosened and she grabbed out to the side for anything, but her fingers flinched back as shale sliced through her glove and her finger pads. The jolt and the weight shift stole her other hand's grip and then she swung out into open space. She watched as the stud held the rope firmly, bringing her back to the mountain's side; then her eyes widened as the rope bent back across the jutting piece of shale below.

The rope snapped clean.

She fell on a descending arc towards the mountainside, where a fissure yawned before her. She fell into its black recess, her head striking something, and then, nothing.

When she woke, Maureen was barely able to sit up. Coughing from the dust that hung in the air around her, she quickly checked her limbs - nothing was broken. Pressing her left side made her wince; two ribs were broken, maybe three. She reached for her side pouch and sighed in relief, opening the clasp and pulling out the small light wand she'd purchased for emergencies. The thin flashlight emitted a piercing blue beam that exploded into a prism of colour as it radiated through the dust cloud. The cavern Maureen had fallen toward - no, in, she realized, looking up to see the shaft in the ceiling where a strip of her shirt still hung - was huge, spreading out in all directions. The dust made it harder to make out solid shapes, but there was a faint dripping sound. That meant water. If her rations held out, Maureen gave herself a few days to figure out a way from the cavern. If a shaft led in, certainly passages led out.

She couldn't be trapped.

The thought sent a shiver through her, and she nervously chuckled. The sound that came out was more of a wheeze. Maureen realized that she had been inhaling the dust while unconscious and tried to stand. Nausea overcame her almost immediately and she managed no more than a crouch that settled to a kneel. She must have struck her head, or perhaps the jarring fall had affected her more than she first suspected. She looked up again. The shaft was about twenty metres overhead. That kind of fall should have killed her...

She felt along the floor for anything that might have cushioned her fall. It was then that she noticed the floor was firm but not hard, not stone...something else...

She shined the light downwards. It looked like stone, but felt...softer?

"What the hell..." she whispered, and the sound was muted by the dust.

It was then that she heard the rustling noise. It was like the whine of her rope when she had fallen, as it was dragged through the eye of the stud. It was a lower pitch, though, and it was getting closer, faster.

She felt panic seize her chest as she whipped her head around looking for anything to use as a weapon, as well as the source of the sound. Her free hand went to her hip and closed over one of the studs. She managed to lift the stud as it rose out of the dust from the floor; it was elongated, thin, whiplike, and for a moment she thought it was some kind of cable or rope. Then it reared up like a snake and the tip expanded like a balloon, popping with the sound of ripping flesh. Dozens of droplets splashed over Maureen, who swung out with the stud. The ropelike object fell limp to the ground, then kissed out of sight, away from her. Determined to find out where the rope came from, Maureen followed as quickly as she dared, still wiping at her arms and face where the liquid had spattered her.

Maybe this meant someone was here, someone who could help her get out...or she would make them.

The rope was too quick, but she heard it dragging away and thought she saw a form rising out of the dust ahead. Perhaps it was a winch, something to retract the rope, even though she had no idea how it had been propelled toward her. The way it had exploded...

Maureen doubled over and began vomiting. She tried to shriek as she felt something pour out of her, and then saw that it wasn't just a liquid. Dozens of tiny insects passed through the beam of light and vanished; more of them crawled from her clothing where the liquid had touched her. She held her stomach and it was all she could do to breathe.

Another hissing sound came from the dark, and Maureen stood up quickly, nearly falling back down as black dots danced before her eyes. She took one stumbling step before the new tendril launched itself through the dust. This one was much thicker, grey, and the tip did not bulge. It came to a point instead, and leapt up over her shoulder, coiling around her neck neatly three times before she could raise an arm to defend herself. The wand fell from her hand as she tried to grip this new appendage of the shadows and her mouth moved to scream.

The tip shot into her opened mouth and into her throat, immediately swelling to hold her mouth open before she could bite down. She felt the thing inside her and made a few muffled cries. It was blocking her throat, she could not breathe...

There was a wrenching sound as the appendage fell away, the tip breaking off while the rest curled off into the darkness, and a moment later the piece inside her mouth popped, its insides expelling out away from her, forming a noxious-tasting tube that allowed air to fill her lungs. Some of the thick liquid dripped down into her throat, burning as it oozed towards her stomach. As she reached her shaking hands towards her mouth she was shocked even further as her lips moved of their own accord.

"As. At. The. In. Of. Be. To. On. cat-dog-boy-girl-man-woman-toy-food-bed-milk..." Words streamed ceaselessly from her mouth and she could not stop them. She felt the thing that held her mouth open and had settled into her throat tensing as she reached for it again, and she could not breathe. She lowered her hands and could breathe once more. The entire time, her mouth rattled off thousands of words that she knew and had learned, over years...

Her mouth felt dry but she could not close it, and trying to lift a water bottle to her lips only made them close. Maureen closed her eyes and felt a sob wrenching itself up from her gut. Then she - no, it, the thing inside her - spoke in her voice.

"Female, unbred, low density, sufficient for testing."

Her eyes widened and she tried to speak, but the thing would not let her. The words echoed frantically in her mind:

Testing? Testing for what?

As if in answer, two tentacles hissed out of the darkness. One ended in an opening that folded out into three petal shapes, covered with what appeared to be curving bone hooks. The hooks lashed out repeatedly at her and she shrieked, turning to run only to be tangled and fall. The mouthed tentacle kept lashing down at her, ripping at her, neatly paring through her climbing equipment and clothing, bits of flesh ripping off as well, until she lay naked on the not-stone ground.

"Genetic compatibility testing begins."

Her own voice hung in the air as Maureen felt more tentacles wrap around her legs, forcing them apart. She tried to turn around but couldn't keep her balance; instead she was half slumped to the side when the second tentacle dove down and forced itself inside her.

Both hands shot down to grab at the thing that had ripped into her, filling her almost immediately, swelling inside her until it felt as though her organs were being shifted upwards. Before her hands could grasp the tentacle she felt her throat constrict. Stubbornly, she tried to claw at the thing between her legs. The pain of it filling her sent blood pounding through her body, and as her nails started to push into the thing's flesh the first tentacle appeared again. It lashed out and caught both her wrists, snapping them away and stripping the flesh off with enough force to spray blood everywhere. A bit of her wrist bone was exposed. Maureen's chest compressed from the shriek she could not make as yet another tentacle appeared. It spat liquid on the arms she had instinctively folded to her stomach, and thousands of tiny insects pressed themselves out of the liquid and over the exposed, raw bloody flesh left by the ripping curled teeth. The blood stopped flowing and Maureen felt herself pushed up, forward, her face landing on the floor and her legs still open. The living bandages that kept her from bleeding to death pulsed in an odd rhythm that the thing between her legs mirrored. It shrank suddenly, then a popping sound went off inside her as Maureen felt the swelled tentacle head burst, filling her with liquid. It gushed from her, mingled with her blood.

"Compatibility, none. Physical threshold tests will begin now."

The toothed tentacle returned and began lashing out at her, ripping pieces of flesh from Maureen. She had no strength to struggle, and would only be choked again. Her chest felt ready to burst from the screams she was denied. Her eyes looked off into the blue light shining over the dust cloud as her skin was stripped one lash at a time. More insects staunched her, until she wore them like a suit. She could not even struggle when the last flesh was torn from her, her hair falling down in clumps held by quivering meat, her face lashed away... but not her lips, and not her eyes.

Her voice, stronger than her body, spoke one last time.

"Tests have been completed. Energy harvesting will begin."

Maureen felt her legs lift her up. The insects held her together now; they guided her through the dust to the edge of a large pit. A thick, bubbling sound rose up, along with a pungent smell that Maureen could still sense. She knew what was coming. She would be digested - her energy, harvested.

When she fell face first, her eyes melted from the acidic liquid, her throat was closed, and she was grateful.