Fulfillment 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers

And she begins to think about him, his smell, how he feels, and begins to think about doing more than just leaning against him. He speaks quietly, "How would we do this, Jo? You're the Alpha daughter. I'm the nephew of an Alpha. I have a job in the human world. I don't know how we'd do this."

"Nathan, isn't this, well, early? I mean..."

His voice goes lower. "I want you, Jo. I want you to be my mate. I want to grow old with you."

She sucks in a breath, a slight gasp at his admission.

He feels it, smells it, a slight spike of fear in her. She was young and hadn't seen much and had obviously had no experience with males. So, this frightened her, because she was nowhere near feeling what he was. He had felt the need to admit it; would it scare her away?

"Nathan...", her voice is wary.

"Sh, Jo. I understand. You don't feel that way." He exhales. "Just tell me one thing, OK?"

She swallows and nods, the back of her head rubbing against him chest. He hears her heart rate pick up. She feels something in his chest grow tense.

Another heavy sigh from him as he continues to hold her against him, looking out at the park over her head. "If you don't think you could ever be with me, tell me now, and I'll stay away from you. But, if you think we could be more than friends, that you could love me, that there's any chance you could agree to be my mate, I'll wait. I'll wait until you're ready. It'll be hard, but I'll wait."

She lets go a shuddering breath, tears threatening. How did she answer something like that? There was so much emotion there; she wasn't sure what to say or how to say it that wouldn't sound hokey. Her brain wasn't working quite right.

As she struggles to form coherent sentences, trying to order her thoughts, his mood falls. Another exhale from him; his breath burns in his throat, "OK, Jo, I'll take you home."

As he starts to loosen his hold on her, she grabs his hands. "Um, Nathan?" He stops, waiting. "I don't know how, um, which words, I mean..." She takes in a big breath, and releases it.

"Just say it, Jo. I'll ask if I don't understand."

"Um, OK, um. I don't know if I want to be your mate. You're nice and you smell good and I like going out with you, but I'm only 18 and I'm not really thinking that far ahead. And, it's kinda scary, thinking of all that, thinking about the rest of my life, and, and, I'm not sure." She finally runs out of steam.

"Are you thinking at all that it could never happen?"

"No."

"So, there's a chance you might want to be my mate? Someday?"

"Uh, huh." She pulls her hands, which she had grasped more or less at the level of her hips, upward. There's a slight hesitation, and then, she pulls them to her breasts.

Stephanie, meanwhile, is again tolerating Calvin's presence.

She and Alex were running the perimeter, doing a standard sweep, with Calvin following. He'd obviously gotten permission from Randall to tag along.

As a wolf, he was impressive. Large. Strong. A grey so dark as to be almost black with light grey on the muzzle.

Still, for his age, he moved easily, fluidly, and, as a former Alpha, confidently.

He was apparently chatting with Alex as they ran.

Why? Why was he here? Why did he keep coming to see her? She didn't want him to, but he kept showing up, kept approaching her.

She had told him to stay away, but he hadn't. She'd ignored him. It hadn't worked. He was tenacious.

Well, he had been pleasant to her, stood up for her with the Gates issue. But, he'd kissed her. Kissed her! After she'd clawed him.

She yelps as she stumbles over and exposed root.

Damn. She was supposed to be watching, supposed to be paying attention, supposed to be checking the border of the pack's land for threat or incursion. As much as she didn't want it to, his presence was affecting her.

Madeline and Erich approach the Alpha pair. The newly mated couple is congratulated and sent off to speak to Tucker.

Ariel says, "Welcome, Madeline, to the pack. We'll give you a few days to settle in then figure out where you fit into the pack."

Madeline ducks her head. "Yes, Ma'am."

A call to Tucker has the Madam Alpha of the pack answering. "Ah, Madeline, I trust this is good news?"

Madeline blushes and Erich grins. Erich clears his throat. "Mm, hm. Madam Alpha, I beg to inform you that Madeline and I have mated."

Natalie Tucker smiles. "Congratulations. I'm pleased you've found your mate, Madeline. I'll talk to Phillip about your transfer to Wyeth. I expect you'll be coming back to collect your things?"

Madeline glances to Erich and then to her Madam, former Madam Alpha. "Um, yes, ma'am. I'd like to say goodbye to my mother and sister."

"Certainly. I can have her up here in a couple of minutes if you'd like to tell her now."

Erich pulls Madeline into his lap. "Yeah. That would be great, um, ma'am."

Madeline's mother arrives, trepidation on her face until she sees her eldest daughter on the screen. "Oh, baby, does this mean...?"

Madeline pulls her hair to one side so that her mother can see the mating mark, fresh and pink, on her neck. "Yes, Mom, I'm mated now."

"Oh, I'm so happy for you, sweetie! Will you be coming back at all?"

She looks up at Erich. "I expect so."

Erich smiles down at her. "Of course she will. She can always borrow a car and go for a visit."

[Um, Erich, I can't drive.]

Startled, he twists her in his lap. "You can't drive?"

Her mother responds, "Our Madeline has always been a homebody. She never felt the need to learn." She smiles again and sniffs. "Many things will be changing now, I suppose, sweetie."

"Yeah, Mom, I guess they will."

Her mother then looks to Erich. "When can she come?"

"I'll be pretty busy until the full moon." Madeline is running her hand over his chest, distracting him.

"Of course. I understand. Don't stay away too long."

Erich's attention returns to the conversation. "Oh, she won't. I promise." He kisses the top of her head.

Madeline looks up. "I'll see you soon, Mom."

"OK, sweetie. Be happy."

The newly mated couple smile at each other. "We will."

The inventory is concluded in the late afternoon. An additional check will be performed the next day.

Lyssa wearily gets into the car and rests her forehead against the steering wheel. A few of the others leave while she sits there.

She finally turns the key in the ignition and starts the car. Pulling out, she turns left, away from the den.

Driving with no real destination in mind, she finds herself at a place she hasn't seen or thought about in months. Her old house.

There wasn't much left, the city had apparently razed the fire-blackened remains of her previous life. She stares bleakly at the heaped ruins that nature was beginning to reclaim.

Lyssa takes a few deep breaths; she really shouldn't stay long as her previous neighbors could recognize her. It had only been a couple of years since she had gone missing.

Sighing heavily, she puts the car back in drive and takes off again, heading west. She was well into Severn territory when her cell rang. It was Emmett's ring tone. "Hey, Em."

"Sweetheart, are you still at the warehouse? The others said you were in the car and looked like you were ready to go."

"Um. No. Uh. I decided to go for a little ride."

A pause. "Oh. OK. Give me a call when you're coming home and I'll have a tray of food and a bubble bath ready for you."

"Yeah, sure. Sounds good."

"I love you, mate."

"You, too, Em."

He puts down the phone and bows his head. She had sounded depressed, tired, and less than enthusiastic about the bubble bath, something she normally really enjoyed. He had meant it as a treat for her, a reward. He wanted to pamper his mate after the work at the warehouse, her time in the circle, and the fact that she was now healed from the kidnapping. He wanted to make her feel cared for and appreciated.

As Emmett walks downstairs, he passes Madeline and Erich and turns away slightly at their obvious happiness.

Lyssa returns late, having driven around rather aimlessly for a couple of hours.

Emmett greets her at the door and is a bit shocked by her appearance. She looks tired and has obviously lost more weight.

He wraps her in his arms and kisses her. He then sweeps her up and carries her to their room.

Emmett kicks the door shut and gently deposits her on the bed. His hands go to her waistband. She pleads, "Oh, Emmett, please."

He draws away, looking hurt. "Lys, I have a warm bath waiting. I was only going to strip you and put you in it."

She closes her eyes and draws in her lips. "Um. Sorry. I just don't feel so well."

"Sweetheart, should I get Natalie?"

"No. No. I think I'll be OK if I get some sleep. I'm tired."

"OK, then. Here." He pulls off her shoes and socks, the shirt and bra, then slithers off her pants and panties. He's touching her, of course, but there's nothing sexual in it. He's simply undressing her, his touch gentle.

Emmett places a kiss on her forehead and slides his arms under her knees and back. As he picks her up she wraps an arm around his shoulder. "I probably shouldn't. I'll fall asleep in the tub."

He puts his nose in her hair. "I'll be there with you, to make sure you won't drown."

He lowers her into the warm water and she releases a sigh as the warmth envelops her. "Oh, that feels nice. Thank you, Em."

"OK, mate, settle in, I'll be right back."

He returns with a small plate and a glass of white liquid. "What's that?"

"Something for you to eat."

"I'm really not.."

"Lyssa!" She startles and looks up at him. "You haven't been eating enough. You're losing weight. Here, drink." He hands her the milk. She sips at it. "Seriously. Drink it." She huffs and finishes the glass, handing it back to him. "You need fat and protein. You're due for another heat in the near future. You've been complaining you're tired. You need to eat."

She gives him an annoyed look. "Would you like something different to drink?"

She breathes and thinks. "A beer?"

"OK. While I get it, you will put pieces of the meat or cheese into your mouth, chew, and swallow. Repeat. I want some of that food in you by the time I get back."

She gives him a sloppy salute. "Yes, sir."

He looks at her until she drops her eyes, huffs, and picks up a piece of cheese. She makes a point of putting it in her mouth and starting to chew.

Emmett walks downstairs, since he had drunk the last beer from their small refrigerator while he was waiting for her to return.

He moves quickly, wanting to get back to her quickly for a couple of reasons. In the first place, he hadn't been able to spend much time with his mate lately. In the second, he was going to make sure she ate.

He strides back upstairs, carrying a couple of beers.

He's happy to see a little of the food gone. But he wanted her to eat more than that. "Sweetheart?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you mind if I got in there with you? I'd like to hold you. And, you won't fall asleep and drown if I've got you."

"Yeah. OK."

Emmett strips, dropping his clothes on the floor.

Lyssa looks over at her mate and the sides of her mouth raise slightly. She picks up another piece of cheese and puts it in her mouth.

He closes his eyes, picturing Phyllis Diller naked and trying to remember the scent of hyena. Satisfied he had himself under control, he slides behind her as she leans forward in the tub, then pulls her back against him and hands her a beer.

She takes a drink and he feels her relax back against him. That was good.

Lyssa takes a couple more bites of meat and finishes about half the beer when her breathing deepens. The beer bottle falls from her grip and clatters on the floor.

Emmett finishes his beer and pulls the plug on the water. Lyssa groans and her head shifts, but she does not wake.

He dries her off and places her in the bed. After cleaning up the bathroom, he slides in beside her.

It's after midnight when he wakes to growling. And fur.

The other side of the bed holds a wolf. One apparently in the midst of a nightmare.

He resists the urge to reach out and touch her. The growl coming from her was menacing, a warning, and her upper lip was lifted. So, he calls to her, his voice calm. "Lyssa. Lyssa, sweetheart, wake up." There was no change. "Lyssa. C'mon mate, it's alright."

Carefully, slowly, he touches the chestnut fur of the wolf in the bed beside him. "It's alright, Lyssa. You're safe."

Emmett begins to pet his mate, stroking her fur. "It's OK, Lys. You're OK." The growl stops and is replaced by whimpering and her paws twitch. "Shh, shh, sweetheart, you're OK. You're in our bed. I'm here."

Lyssa's eyes open and she blinks. She then turns her muzzle so that she can look at him, and licks his hand.

He watches as she shifts, changing to human form. "Em? What? I changed?" He nods. "In my sleep?"

"It happens sometimes, Lys." What he doesn't say is that it primarily happened to pups and adolescents. It was fairly rare for an adult to go wolf in their sleep.

"It's OK, sweetheart. You sounded like you were having a bad dream." He hugs her tightly to him. "I wanted to wake you up; make it stop. Do you remember what it was about?"

"No."

"Well. Let's get you back to sleep, hmm?"

He holds her, but it takes some time before she falls asleep again.

KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers