Fulfillment 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers

Another step, her blood rushed in her ears, she couldn't hear anything.

Her stomach tightened, she felt sick.

Another step and she started to gasp. He sat up now, alarmed.

Stephanie fell to her knees.

He stood. [Sharilyn! Alpha suite.] "Stephanie?"

She's on hands and knees, head down, a hand out to ward him off.

He ignores the hand and crouches beside her as she sits back on her heels, sucking in air. "What's wrong? Stephanie?"

Sharilyn enters the suite with the two males following closely behind.

She crouches on Stephanie's other side. "What is it?"

"Can't.. breathe."

"Can you stand?" Stephanie shakes her head. "Broken ribs?" Another shake of the head.

Sharilyn checks eyes, gums, heart, for fever, then breathing. "She was fine a few moments ago."

"Something she ate?"

"Steak, mashed potatoes, cauliflower."

"No one else is ill. Her lungs are clear."

Stephanie's breathing starts to ease. She pants, swallows.

Calvin picks her up, turns and carries her to his bed. He looks into her eyes, smooths her hair from her face, then backs away. "Healer?"

Sharilyn checks her again. "Better?" Stephanie nods. Sharilyn looks at Calvin. "She appears to be fine now, Alpha."

"Thank you, healer."

Sharilyn and the males leave, closing the door behind them.

Calvin sits on the side of the bed. "Are you alright?"

She looks up at him. "Yes."

Well, she was in his bed now. He had placed her there himself. "Good." He stands and turns away. "I'll let you recover. Call if you need anything."

Stephanie takes a deep breath. "You had planned on taking a nap."

He whirls back, looking at her, his blue eyes wide.

Tentative, unsure, her heart pounding, she puts a hand on the bed beside her. He smiles a beatific, full-tooth smile that overcame his entire face.

He strode quickly to the closet, pulled on a pair of sweatpants, and strode back. He took her hand and kissed it. Then, looking down on her, said, "If you don't mind, that was always my side of the bed."

She looks up at him and looks to the door. Of course, he would take the side closest to potential danger.

She scooted over and he slid in beside her. He laid on his back and closed his eyes. She laid on the other side, a bit tense. Her eyes flicked around, looking at things in the room, sometimes lighting on him.

He looked so peaceful, content. After a few minutes, his face grew slack and a light snoring began.

A nap. Who needed to sleep in the middle of the day? She'd never seen him do it before. Of course, she had no idea how old he really was. She thought of him as close to her own age but his hair was greying where many wolves her age were not. Of course, the Wyeth Beta's hair had been grey for as long as she had known him. Was it his age or just his natural coloring?

***

Joanna had packed a couple more things and gone back to the Severn compound. Her compound. Her home.

She took a deep breath and hugged him a little tighter. He briefly took his hand off the brake and patted her knee.

As they approach, Nathan slows, [Ready, love?]

[Uh, huh.]

[Hey, Mom. We're back.]

He winces at her response. [Nathan Severn! How dare you take my new daughter away before I have a chance to welcome her into the family properly.]

[Easy, Mom. Her family is a lot smaller.]

[I'm not apt to forget, pup.]

As the pull in front of his house, he turns his head to her. "Mom's really mad."

"Tell her she won't get any grandpups if she keeps it up."

"Luna, Jo! Don't even joke about that." He pulled her off the bike and chuckled, kissing her before his mother got there.

Hand in hand, they await storm Juliet.

Juliet approaches, arm outstretched, finger pointed to the main house. "Go present yourselves to your Alpha, then come straight back here." The finger is now pointed down, at her feet.

"Yes, Mom." They duck and run for the main house while Juliet Severn watches, hands on her hips.

He pulls her sideways as they come to the house. He puts her back against the siding, takes her face in his hands, and kisses her. Her hands go into his hair as she surrenders to the kiss.

Some wolves hoot, some clap, and others gawk at the young couple.

Nathan again takes her hand and leads her into the house.

The third, and top, floor of the house was like a penthouse and held only two large rooms. Aaron Severn sat at the far end, behind an imposing oak desk, in conference with two of the pack.

Nathan waits with Joanna while Josiah announces them.

Aaron does not look at them but, after a couple of minutes, his nostrils flare. He glances at them and rises while the other two continue working.

Nathan goes to his knees, pulling Joanna down with him.

The Severn wolves tended to the large and Aaron, himself, was an imposing figure of caged strength. Power radiated from his frame.

He circled them and Nathan tilted his head back, baring his throat.

Joanna caught the movement and did the same.

He stopped before Joanna, grabbed her face with one hand, but without force. He tipped her head to see evidence of the mating bite.

He released her and stood in front of Nathan. Aaron grabbed him by the throat and hauled him to his feet. Nathan stared fixedly at his uncle's chest as Aaron snarled.

Joanna was beginning to be really frightened by the display. There was nothing like it in Wyeth. Had they done something horribly wrong? Did they need his permission before mating?

Dropping Nathan, Aaron returned to Joanna and, taking her shoulders, raised her to her feet. She kept her head tilted as his face approached and a spike of fear shot through her.

He nosed along her cheek and inhaled deeply at the nape of her neck. He was taking her scent.

Nathan stood beside Joanna and took her hand as the Severn Alpha backed away. They heard someone else enter the room.

The Alpha female, Sarah, came to stand beside her mate. She walked to Joanna's free side.

Joanna's eyes flicked to Nathan, then to the Alpha female. Her fear was abating but Sarah Severn dipped her head, sniffed along Joanna's jaw, then stuck her nose behind Joanna's ear and inhaled deeply. She stepped back. The newly mated couple held hands, facing them, as there was some exchange between the other two.

"You were remiss in not coming to me earlier, pup."

"Yes, uncle, I'm sorry." Aaron growls at his nephew, rather menacingly. "Um, Alpha, my Alpha. Yes, we should have come to you earlier."

Sarah spoke next. "So, you've brought a new female into Severn."

"Yes, Madam Alpha."

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

Nathan was at a loss. As Joanna says, "I love him, " Nathan spits out, "She's my mate."

The Alpha pair burst into laughter.

"Welcome to Severn pack, Joanna Wyeth Severn."

Relief. While they may have committed a faux pas by not showing up earlier, she was accepted into the pack. It was extraordinarily rare for a mating to be denied but there was always that little niggling doubt.

Sarah took Joanna aside. "The day after tomorrow I'll send Marla to you. She'll help you get integrated."

"Thank you, Madam Alpha." Joanna heard Nathan say, "Mom wants a piece of me next. She's not happy with us either. Well, she is, but she isn't."

"Go, then, placate your mother." Aaron returns to his work and Sarah walked out of the office with them. "You'll be presented at the next full moon."

"Yes, ma'am, Madam Alpha." It was strange to say but Joanna was now part of a pack where she couldn't call the Alpha female Mom anymore.

***

Like most wolves, Calvin could catch sleep at any time and, while he did enjoy the occasional nap, it was a ruse to bring her closer.

Stephanie had fallen into a deep sleep beside him and had actually rolled against him. He lay there, hardly daring to breathe.

Though they were not skin to skin, he was enjoying her scent and her warmth.

He was concerned, however, as to how she would react when she woke.

Calvin lay there, wanting to stay that way, but nature was calling. He waited as long as he thought prudent, then began to slide away from her.

As he sat up, she stirred.

Her eyes opened and she blinked at him, then jerked upright. He says softly, "I need to relieve myself. If you wish to stay, I will return shortly. If you wish to return to Wyeth, I will call a car."

As he goes into the bathroom, she climbs off the bed.

She stands there, looking at the bed, smelling his scent, unsettled.

The toilet flushes and the water runs. When he comes out, she is gone.

He drops his head and sighs.

Strengthening his resolve, Calvin pads to the door. She's standing stiffly against the wall opposite his door. She won't meet his eyes. "I have duties."

"Of course. I'll have a car take you back to Wyeth."

He steps closer, putting a hand to each side of her, on the wall.

Stephanie inhales, a gasp, and puts a hand on his chest to keep him away.

He pushes forward and places a kiss on her forehead as she pants.

He then takes her hand and leads her to the garage where he puts her in a car. "Thank you, Stephanie, for coming. I enjoyed today."

She does not answer, only nods her head slightly.

***

Madeline and Erich return from a trip to the county seat. She had gotten her driver's permit. She pulls in front of the den and stops before she gets to the garage. "C'mon, Blossom, you can pull it in to the garage."

"But.."

She had scratched the opposite front fender on the car the last time she had tried.

"Just take it slowly and I'll tell you if you're too close on this side."

She creeps slowly into the garage opening. Erich says, "Stop."

Madeline jams on the brakes. "What?" she squeals.

"It's OK, Maddie. See where you are? See how close you are on that side?"

She punches his arm. "Don't do that!"

He looks at her, startled. "I just wanted you to see how close you are on that side, you've got plenty of room over here."

Madeline successfully pulls the car the rest of the way into the garage and Paul takes possession.

Erich takes his mate by the shoulders and kisses her. "Good job."

***

Joanna and Nathan are surrounded by his family.

There was eating, talking, laughing, touching. Dinner was a grand affair, and lasted late, until Nathan and Luke pleaded work the next morning.

The new couple were sent back to their house with catcalls and not-so-subtle innuendos.

Joanna flushed crimson.

***

Back at Wyeth, Stephanie had thrown herself into a prolonged workout session. She then ate, and retired.

She spent the night restlessly tossing in her single bed.

KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers