Full Figured Chic Ch. 17

Story Info
Sasha confronts Madame Soltar
1.8k words
4.39
15.1k
1

Part 17 of the 21 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/14/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BarbraNovac
BarbraNovac
247 Followers

Sasha held her breath, waiting for what happened next. She heard someone come to the window above her and soon heard the man's voice above her.

"It's nothing honey. Just your damn cat climbing in. What's going on?"

Sasha didn't dare look up and through the window again. Madam Soltar was on some sort of roll now. She'd be looking out the window, or at least glancing toward it, waiting for whatever it was that she was afraid of. Sasha felt sure she'd be spotted if she was seen.

She could hear the two men talking with the woman inside, trying to calm her down. But she now bordered on hysteria. She was crazy with her fears. Sasha could hear her opening draws and rummaging through things as the men asked her what she was doing and told her to calm down. In a few moments however, Madam Soltar screamed at them both to get out. When they tried to reason with her, she got even crazier telling them that she needed to be alone.

Sasha heard them protesting as they completed dressing and then were ushered unceremoniously out the back door. Sasha had time enough just to sneak behind a bush before they were out in the yard, and working their way up the side of the house that she had walked down just a few minutes before.

Madame Soltar became quite frantic as soon as they'd left. She came to the window above Sasha and pulled it down closed, and then moved about the room closing all the windows and locking doors. Sasha could still hear her through the glass, her muffled voice busying herself with opening draws and setting things up.

Now that the woman was alone, Sasha contemplated moving to the front of the house and knocking on the door, as if she'd just arrived. It might be the best way to distract her from whatever she was doing.

Sasha moved around to the back of the house and knocked on the door hard.

"Who is there?" the woman's voice sounded terrified.

"Madame Soltar, I am sorry to bother you at home, but I need to see you. It's an emergency." In a blinding flash the door was flung open.

Sasha started at what she saw.

The room behind Madam Soltar was a mess. In the short period of time since Sasha had looked through the window, she'd almost turned the place upside down. Bundles of something small and dried sat in clumps around the floor behind the woman, in a small semi circle, almost as if they were creating a protective barrier against what might come in the door. One was already lit and the pungent smell hit Sasha full in the face. She recognised the smell. It was the same smell she'd experienced the first day she'd walked into Jay's warehouse. It was the smell of burning sage.

But nothing prepared her for Madam Soltar herself.

She still wore her robe, but it fell apart so that her naked body lay partially revealed. I her hand she held a pentagram, and a large lit black candle that had words inscribed in a scrawl that Sasha didn't recognise.

She stared at Sasha, her eyes widening in horror. "YOU!" she cried out.

"I'm sorry to ... er... interrupt, Madam Soltar, and I know you didn't want me back here for some reason, but I assure you I wouldn't bother you unless it was very important."

"Get off my property. I don't want you here. I told you that."

"Please, Madam Soltar, you saw in my friends hand that she would become sick. Well she has now, and I need you to tell me about her and her husband."

Madame Soltar hissed and pushed the pentagram toward Sasha. Her eyes flashed with menace and fear combined giving her an appearance of one almost damned.

"I told you to never come back. And I won't help any friend of yours."

"I don't know what I have done. I am sure you have me mixed up with someone else. I haven't ever done you any harm, and I don't see that I ever could."

"When the time comes, you tell him I don't want what he has to offer."

"What time? Who? Is this about my friend?"

"You tell him." She shook the pentagram toward Sasha so hard she thought she was going to hit her with it.

"I'm not scared of that thing, Madam Soltar because I am just a flesh and blood woman, not some kind of ghost or something. You can't frighten me with that."

Horror crept into her eyes. But she continued to hold the pentagram out straight from her body as if aiming it at Sasha could still work.

"Get off my land. And this time NEVER come back." She screeched and slammed the door in Sasha's face.

The woman was madder than madness itself. Sasha went around to the open window, to see if she could think of a way to get the woman to talk to her. However, as soon as she got to the window, she saw Madam Soltar had the sage burning thickly around the door and was drawing a pentagram on her floor.

Man, I should get her and Jay's mother together -- they'll get on like a house on fire!

But she realised it was hopeless. The woman had lost it and she wasn't going to be able to help Sasha. She'd have to think of something else.

Sitting in the darkened room, next to Penny, Sasha waited for her friend to wake up. She sat with Penny's parents. In the last few hours there had been no improvement in either Penny's condition or in Gilbert's.

On the way back to her friend, Sash had faced her own darkness. The words her friend had uttered to her before she left weighed heavily on her. She'd not been able to deliver -- madam Soltar was not the woman penny believed her to be.

And yet so much depended on her counsel.

Penny stirred, inn her bed, the pain in her hand starting to wake her. Tears welled in Sasha's eyes as she looked at her friend.

"Sasha?" Penny called out before she opened her eyes.

"I'm here darling. You relax. I'm right here."

"Sasha -- did you see her? Did you do as I asked?" Penny's parents looked at Sasha with some surprise in their eyes. She would have much preferred to have this conversation without them looking t her but it couldn't be helped. She didn't feel it was right to ask them to leave, and she had to talk to Penny now.

"I did. I went to see her."

"And what did she say Sasha? What did she tell me to do?"

"She told me that you need to rest to be well, and that Gilbert will be fine."

Sasha stared out the window in the hospital eatery, munching on a day old ham sandwich. Penny had her latest round of pain killers and was resting. Weighed enormously by the burden of her lie, Sasha took some time away from her friend's bedside to eat for the first time today and to try to get her thoughts together.

Jay needed her too. Her cell had two missed called from Greg wanting to know where she was, because Jay was almost comatose. Sasha had to get back to him.

After she'd lied to her friend, she needed to abandon her now.

Sasha questioned all her judgements in this matter. She hated Madam Soltar for being mad, for ever seeing anything in Penn's palm and for making so much terribly serious trouble. But t the end of the day, the lie was hers and hers alone. Madam Soltar could only be blamed for being mad. Nothing else.

She took note bite of her food wondering what she was going to do. At that moment, Penny's mother came into the room.

"Sasha?"

"Hi there. How is Penny?"

"She's the best they've seen her so far. She's got a flush in her cheeks and she is sleeping deeper. The nurse is very pleased.

Relief poured through Sasha. "Oh thank god. It's so good t get some good news."

"Sasha, what were you talking about in there? Why did you tell her that Gilbert would be fine? We'd all been trying to avoid talking to her about him, in case it affected her health."

Sasha turned back to the window, her heart aching. "I think it will affect her health. Definitely. I told her what I told her because I was in a position to make a difference and I did."

"I'm worried what you told her will prove to be a lie."

"It was a lie; I said it to help Penny get better."

There was a pause and Sasha didn't' move. She focussed on a cat lazily soaking up the sun outside the window on the sill, and for a brief moment she ridiculously envied the cat, wanting just a few minutes to escape from the enormous burden of her responsibilities.

"Thank you Sasha. I wish I had your courage."

Sasha whirled around in her chair to face her injured friends Mother. "Really? Do you mean that?"

"Yes. Penny is already better. She's in no frame of mind to deal with the enormity of Gilbert's struggle for life. She'll be able to later. It will be tragedy enough if we lose Gilbert, but to lose Penny when we don't have to would be too much."

"What if Gilbert..... you know.... takes a turn for the worse? That will set her back worse now because of my lie."

"Either that or she will be stronger and more able to handle it. Gilbert is very vey sick Sasha. It doesn't look good for him at all. We need Penny to be strong to be able to support him as well, if this goes on for a long time."

Sasha brightened. She hadn't thought of that. Of course, Gilbert needed Penny. He needed her alive.

"You're right of course. Penny needs to support him as well. I hadn't thought of that."

"Sasha, you've been here all day. I think you should go back to your job. I know you have a special project on at the moment. Stay in touch with me. I will ring you through tomorrow, but go to your work. If you are needed I will call you."

She smiled warmly. "After all, I actually feel that I owe you a little. You've given me back my daughter."

Sasha stood up and hugged her. "There is another person that needs me too, I would like to go and see him. But you must promise to call me. No matter what I will come back in 2 days to see Penny, but I will come back sooner if she takes a turn for the worse."

"I promise I will keep you informed. She's asleep now, very deeply asleep. It looks like she might last the entire night. Why don't you go now?"

Sasha smiled, collected her bag and headed out of the hospital.

BarbraNovac
BarbraNovac
247 Followers