Fullness Of Life Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Watching Jesse go back toward her bedroom, Cassidy wondered what Jesse was doing. When he came back, he walked in front of her and went down on one knee. Cassidy cocked her head to one side and said, "Are you alright? Is something wrong with your leg?"


Rolling his eyes, Jesse chuckled and said, "Be quiet. This is hard enough without you trying to help me! Look, I've been practicing this all week. Now listen. Cassidy Meadows, you are the breath that I breathe. You are the light that helps me see reality. You are the one who makes me want to keep living. Will you marry me?"

Although at some point in Jesse's proposal it had occurred to Cassidy that he was about to ask her to marry him, the thought hadn't really registered in her brain. When he said the words, the impact hit Cassidy full force. Without warning, she burst into tears. Jesse looked as shocked as she felt. He moved up to sit with her on the couch and pulled her into his arms. "Baby, it's all right. I'm sorry. What did I do wrong? Don't you want to marry me?"

Cassidy laughed through her tears. "Oh, Jesse, you nut! Of course I want to marry you. It's just that I never thought you would want me . . . "

Jesse lifted Cassidy's face from his chest and looked deeply into her eyes. "In all of our years to come, in all of the stupid things that I will do, in all of the times that you think I am hopeless, don't ever doubt that I want you Cassidy."

And with that, Jesse lifted Cassidy from the couch and carried her to her bedroom to show her just how much he wanted her - now and forever.

Epilogue

As soon as they heard the news, Robin and Van had asked Jesse and Cassidy to join them in a double wedding. It meant waiting a little longer, but Jesse and Cassidy decided it would be worth it to share such an important event with their best friends. And the ceremony was beautiful!

Ray had come into town to walk down the aisle between Cassidy and Robin. Horace had acted as best man for both Van and Jesse. And the minister, Linda McPeters, had conducted the ceremony.

Although Van's popularity had grown tremendously, they had decided to not invite anyone outside of their families. Wilma Turner had driven over from Asheville and had brought Aunt Mimi with her. Eleanor sat on the front pew with her three other sons and their families. Even a very subdued and respectful Aunt Margie showed up to wish the couples well.

Finding themselves sitting together at a table during their small reception, the couples began talking about the future. Van said, "Jesse, I'm going to miss you. Can't I convince you to stay?"

Jesse smiled broadly at his friend and former employer. "Nope. I'm on my way out of town and you know it. Anyway, you won't be around enough to miss me. That tour you just signed will keep you running from city to city for the next year. You just better be glad that Robin was willing to pack up and go with you."

There had never been any question that Robin would go with Van when the time came. It had taken six months to smooth out all the details, but the time was at hand for Van to launch his career nationwide. And Robin would be by his side.

Cassidy beamed at her friends. They were closer to her than any family she had ever had. And now they were a part of her growing family. Jesse reached out and laid his hand possessively over Cassidy's enlarged belly. "Only four more months and I get to hold her!" Jesse whispered into Cassidy's ear.

"Hey, you two!" Robin said, "No whispering secrets. We want to hear about the baby, too!"

Cassidy just laughed. It felt good to be surrounded by people who loved her and wanted her to be happy. And she was happy. She and Jesse had bought a piece of land closer to his family in North Carolina and they were headed there to build their dream home - the one Jesse had been planning for years. The only changes they had made were a few additional bedrooms when they realized that their family was going to be starting sooner than later!

Cassidy smiled as she thought about how her life had come full circle. Catching herself, Cassidy realized the error of that thought and corrected it. Her life hadn't come full circle - her life was merely growing in its fullness!