Fury Over Nuke Plant Plan

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes pal, sorry pal, routine work," said the ferryman. "Cessation of the public service was advertised in the Townsend Gazette as required under my terms of license. I'm adding an eight-foot extension."

"What the hell is the Townsend Gazette?"

"Our local newspaper pal. Last week's edition was super big, sixteen pages."

"This dump really has to be experienced to believe," snarled the crew boss. "How deep is the tide over the sand bar?"

"About this time of the tide, about a foot deep on average pal, three feet in scoured holes."

"Come on everyone," said the boss. "We'll go across the sand bar. Joe you wade ahead of us. Now don't get drowned, do you hear?"

"Yes boss."

News spread like wildfire and half the town turned out to watch. The two schools were temporarily closed to allow the kids to watch this operation because it was rumored the ferryman had forgotten to mention the patch of quicksand that people could walk across okay but not vehicles other than bicycles.

A constable hurried down and attempted to warn the angry crew boss but was told to mind his business and get on with crime prevention and to investigate the ferryman for suspected undisclosed crimes.

Perhaps 5000 townspeople had gathered to watch the crossing.

Some of the women wolf-whistled when the lead guy removed his boots, socks and pants and began the walk through water, moving at no more than 2 mph. The truck motors began to over-heat, as there was very little airflow to cool the motors at that crawl.

Wally Crooks, the crew boss, sat in the lead vehicle, the mobile test bore drilling rig. About 200 yards out, the end vehicle, an older truck, critically over-heated and its motor seized, stalling the vehicle. The other vehicles continued on.

At 270 yards out the drilling rig suddenly began sinking and the driver blared the horn. The guy walking in front to test the water saw the over-hanging boon of the telescopic drilling tower coming down towards him and so dived out into deeper water.

The onshore crowd cheered, being highly entertained.

The crossing was completely stalled.

A heavy duty towing truck arrived from the city and pulled the tail-end truck back on to dry land, allowing the three other trucks to reverse back to dry land. The towing truck, now working on drying out sand because the tide was almost at full ebb, hitched up to the lead truck and slowly began pulling it out of the patch of quicksand, the vehicle assisting with drive on three sets of its rear wheels plus the two steering front sets

Finally it too was back on dry land.

The drilling boss got the ferryman Howie Street to allow his guys to use their two welding machines to help Howie affix the extension plates to the main hull and then to weld the detached bow back on.

Howie was delighted about that because the other guys were professional welders and did an amazingly good job.

Nine hours later the last of the trucks drove off the ferry on to the island. It was almost dark so the crew decided to camp the night in the ferry landing parking area.

Two days earlier, Gus had lunch at Dirk's Bar and told everyone who'd listen he'd be away for a month touring boatyards around the country.

Gus was involved in a one-punch fight when Ted Wilkinson said, "Well can I service Kitty while you are away?"

Ted came around ten minutes later and rubbing his jaw apologized to Gus for being 'unduly flippant'. They shook hands and Gus bought Ted a beer.

When the trucks arrived, Gus was on a high vantage point watching the chaos and thought little wonder it took about ten years to build and get a nuke plant operational. Those guys were hilarious. Hadn't they asked was the sand bar negotiable by vehicles?

That night the two armed sentries guarded the vehicles that were lit by spotlights powered by a noisy generator were silently 'incapacitated'. The truck tires were then let down so they didn't explode when they slashed to make them unusable.

The alarm was raised by a sentry regaining consciousness but alas, too late.

"That's 56 tires ruined," groaned Wally Crooks the crew boss, pulling at his hair.

"More boss, the bastards also dealt with a number of spare wheels."

"I'll murder the bastards with my bare hands," the boss yelled. "John make up a list of tires we need and get someone to double check your order. Christ our budget is taking a hit before we even get started and we'll lose two or maybe three days over this by the time the tires arrive, are carried over by that incompetent ferryman and are fitted."

The cops arrived but found nothing. Any footprints left by the saboteurs had been walked over by the crew milling around.

Gus had walked five miles to the derelict hut in the small abandoned quarry on the mainland side of the island and fell on to the bunk, yawning. It had been a tough mission. Letting the air out of sixty or more tires including spares and then systematically using a batter-powered saw to slash them had been long and exhausting work He'd interrupted that work three times to check on the guys he'd clubbed, to make sure they were breathing okay and were not likely to be yelling for help any time soon. He yawned as he munched two chocolate bars, drank from his water bottle and fell asleep.

Late next morning he ate his packed bacon and egg sandwiches, cleaned up so not a trace of occupancy was apparent, and then left, crossing the island to his hide-out cave where he cast out a line to catch a fish for dinner. Relaxing he opened a beer, knowing it was feeling like being back in the early 1990s gathering intelligence in Herzegovina when he had been on exchange to train with the British Army. At least in this mission he wouldn't be shot at on sight, at least he hoped not.

Next day he went across country with his small chainsaw and two packs of remotely detonated explosives he'd fetched over to the cave the day after he first began building a cache of supplies. After this round of harassment he knew it would be unsafe to travel cross-country in daylight and the bastards would soon have the advantage of night-vision equipment if the military were called in and helicopters would be sweeping at nights with infra-red cameras and if he managed to become more troublesome, ground searches would commence and probably the sea lanes would be monitored and then the caves might be searched.

Oh well, someone had to stop the bastards.

He hid his equipment in bushes.

Early that evening he beached his RIB (rigid inflatable boat) in the rocky cove, the next inlet before Gunship Bay, and climbed the steep hill and went down the other side and knocked on the front door of a fairly isolated collage.

"Who is it?" called a female and Gus grinned when he heard the metallic sound of a gun being cocked. Kitty reckoned Jennifer wore a knife strapped to her leg under those long dresses potters favored in case an intruder got between her and her rifle.

"Gus you bastard," he called, grinning, knowing that's what she'd called him the last time she'd missed the last ferry over to the island and the tide was in the way in. She'd called and asked for a bed, turned down his first offer and slept on the sofa instead. But during the night Gus carried her to his bed because Kitty was staying with her aunt and uncle that night.

As he'd sunk his head between her thighs she'd yelled, by then wide awake, 'Gus your bastard' but hadn't resisted. She'd been a schoolteacher with Kitty until leaving to work fulltime on her craft.

Jennifer opened the door, rifle pointing to the ground and with the light illuminating him said, "Oh growing a beard are we?"

"Yeah, still shaving pussy are we?"

"Gus you bastard. That's no question to ask a lady," she giggled.

Inside after they kissed deeply, she looked at him closely and said, "Was it you who cut all those tires? The media is having a field day... they appear to be on our side."

Gus put a finger over his lips and eyed her intently.

"Oh yes. My lips will be sealed, I promise. I get the picture. When did you last eat?"

"About ninety minutes ago. I had fish."

"What with?"

"More fish."

"Oh you poor darling. If I feed you will you sleep with me tonight?"

Gus grinned.

There didn't appear to be any point in shaving but he thought she'd prefer him shaved so he used her electric shaver and then clipped hair around his dick and balls with scissors for a neat look.

Jennifer was already on top of the bed, nude. She was a little plump but had energy to burn so who cared about tummy roll?

"God let me lick the brute," she said, wetting her lips until she was drooling.

Gus had long found good women usually were good with cock and Jennifer was a very good woman.

He stood obediently by the bed grasping a handful of tit and squeezed gently as she went to work. He swept her mousy colored hair from her eyes repeatedly and she stared at him while she sucked and worked her tongue until Gus threw his head back and he groaned.

She pulled away and said she'd not get him off because he would be light on fuel, having spent all that time alone masturbating when not out on a mission.

Bitch, he grinned but didn't mind. Jennifer could be quick an exciting girl when she put her mind to it.

She smirked.

"You have been very effective, earning all sorts of abuse. Tonight you may take me front and rear.

Gus' mouth watered and now he was dribbling.

They had more sex before dawn and he asked Jennifer would she like to join him on a mission... they were unlikely to be detected.

She nodded enthusiastically and while she prepared breakfast Gus went for a run along the beach.

They ate and left the dishes. Jennifer drove him to the hill above the ferry landing and stopped. Using binoculars Gus examined the busy scene below.

"I figure they'll be ready to move out before noon. Take me out to Henchman's Ravine."

After Gus retrieved his equipment from under a sheet of black plastic, he cut the under supports of the plank-decked bridge and then cut almost through the stringers that supported the decking. Jennifer watched anxiously as he calmly walked back across to her. He then cut the supports on that side and right through the stringers on top of the buttress.

"Anyone in the leading truck will be killed trying to cross that bridge in that state," she said, wide-eyed.

Gus grinned and then put the chainsaw in her car and returned and danced on the bridge swinging from side to side and as it began to shift to one side gave an extra swing to that side and jumped to safely.

Jennifer, eyes watery, cried. "You take such huge risks."

They watched as the slide continued and then, with the stringers cut leaving the bridge 'floating', it finally toppled sideways and smashed on to rocks about 20 feet below.

Back at the bridge they'd crossed earlier she watched as he took the two explosive packs from his backpack.

"What's that?"

He just smiled.

"Omigod it's explosion stuff and we have been driving with it in the car."

"It's safe when inert like this."

"I don't believe you. You're a maniac. God why do I allow you to fuck me?"

Gus thought of her pussy and then recalled the images of her with her mouth open and calling 'Fuck me, fuck me.' And so he knew why; he could ring her bell.

"It becomes potentially explosive when I arm the packs with these things. I can detonate them remotely. Drive us back behind that big hill over there. We'll want to home before a chopper arrives with crew looking for culprits."

"Will I see the explosion?"

"Yeah providing you don't fall asleep. I'll blow the bridge once the leading vehicle has stopped at the other ravine."

"Omigod, how exciting. I feel like having sex."

As Jennifer was wiping herself with her panties they heard the 20-wheel drilling rig grinding along.

"Put your panties on."

"They're wet."

"We don't want them falling from you and then super sleuths tracing me by the DNA from samples of my semen deposited on your panties."

"What?"

"Just joking. But if they fell out of your pocket they'd know a female had been here."

"Oh yeah," Jennifer said and pulled on her panties.

"Keep your head very low to the ground. They may be scanning the area around them with binoculars."

They watched the vehicles halt half a mile farther on at the site of the demolished bridge.

Gus pulled out the radio controller from his backpack and asked, "Want to blow up the bridge."

"God no, I'd die of fright."

He turned the sprung-loaded dial and there was a big boom and whole planks were thrown into the air. The bearers were fractured and slowly they gave way under the weight of the decking and the structure fell about 10 ft into the stream.

Gus said firmly, "Keep you head low."

"Oh fuck, they're shooing at us," Jennifer cried as the first round of shots rang out.

"No they don't know where we are. They are just shooting wildly in scare tactics and to ease their frustrations. Come on, slide down and be careful with pussy."

"Good girl, let's kiss and get out of here. You go home and I'll head for the cove and then to my hideout."

"Which cave are you in? I might feel like sex."

"I'm heading for the boatshed."

"Liar but I guess it's best I don't know. Keep safe darling."

"Thanks and oh, don't mention this to Kitty."

"What being in bed with you?"

"No being on a mission with me. Tell her that and she'd have kittens."

"My lips are sealed Gus. Thanks for the excitement and thanks for the sex."

The drilling project was delayed a further five days until two more structures were built on the existing piles and buttresses across both ravines.

The day after dealing with the bridges, Gus, patrolling the right flank to give the impression if detected he was hiding out on that side of the island. He spotted a party from the drilling team walking towards the lagoons. They rested when arriving and then spent five hours including rests, using maps and taking GPS readings to find locations and drove in pegs. Finishing that work they had a beer and began the long walk back, leaving their rubbish thrown on the ground.

"Desecrating litter-bugs," Gus growled.

Once they were clear Gus pulled out all the stakes, filled in the holes, and then drove the stakes into similar formations on the other side of the biggest lagoon. He was laughing away as he carried out this work and returning to where the stakes had originally been driven in was delighted he could see them quite clearly in their new unofficial position. He almost wet himself anticipating the anguish of the investigatory team next day.

Gus hid in a patch of low bushes next day and just as well because the engineers and technicians arrived in a helicopter accompanied by a press team in their helicopter.

Using his binoculars Gus saw one of the guys looking around for the pegs and then saw him look across and then shout and point to the pegs on the other side of the lagoon.

Wally Crooks was jumping up and down and had thrown his hat on the ground and was stomping on it and the bemused reporter watched as his cameraman filmed the comical scene.

There was an argument between the Wally and the cameraman and the reporter stepped between them, the cameraman still filming.

Wally backed down and went off and kicked the skid frame of the chartered helicopter and the pilot remonstrated with him.

The press headed off and the site investigation team boarded their much larger helicopter and it made several widening circles as if looking for the bastard who'd shifted the pegs and then it too headed off. Gus waited fifteen minutes making sure that helicopter didn't make a sudden return and then headed to his cave. From there he went in the RIB the cove and took the risk to go to Jennifer's cottage in daylight.

She was outside taking in dried washing and saw him approaching.

"You're taking a risk."

"Yeah I want to see TV news. What I did yesterday and was discovered today could be a news item."

"Oooh, let's go in and have a drink. This sounds like more fun."

It was the lead item on TV news and the news staff had done a good job documenting all the harassment that had happened to date and then the presenter said, "And now the most tantalizing disruption in terms of absolute ingenuity."

"Presumably yesterday a person or persons unknown watched engineers locate the propose site of the core of the proposed nuclear plant and pegged it out, the pegs represented test drilling spots. This site had been carefully calculated after study of aerial mapping together with a form of terrain analysis gained from aerial surveying commonly used by mining and mineral prospectors. Today when the investigatory team went with a news team from this TV channel to the site, they found every peg was missing. And then to their astonishment they looked across this lagoon, and here we go, look carefully viewers and you'll see the pegs as our cameraman increases the telescopic power of his camera lens. They there are, clearly visible now and 250-years away on the other side of the lagoon."

"Now here's the super-annoyed drilling boss Wally Crooks coming across to my cameraman Tony Amoretti demanding all of the film that had been taken be handed to him for destruction. Watch what happens..."

"No way," said Tony.

Wally became even more aggressive and the Phil Lucas the reporter stepped in and said, "We were invited here to film and we have filmed. End of story."

"You guys are out to perpetuate public perception that these guys harassing us illegally are some kind of public heroes. Well that is just bullshit, complete bullshit. Get on your chopper and get the hell out of here your parasites," he said, looking furiously at Tony who'd continued filming. "Come on, [bleep] off."

In the chopper Phil was filmed slumped in his seat. "Well that was a laugh a minute for a while before the drilling boss turned nasty. That guy ought to receiving training in public relations. So the fight by the Okahu Islanders in having a nuclear power plant built on their back doorstep continues and these irritating delays must be costing the investigation company heaps. Sadly there is a criminal touch to some of the tactics being used against the drilling crew. No way does is it the intention of this TV station to portray those ghostly opponents that no one including the police so far have seen, as heroes. We are reporting events straight down the middle. The disturbing thing is the resistance appears to be slowly turning nasty. Slashing tires and removing survey pegs on Government property and destroying two bridges on Government property are no laughing matter. At lease not publicly."

"That TV reporter will get a roasting over that final comment," said Jennifer who was now sprawled over Gus' lap and undoing his shirt buttons.

Gus spent the next three days mainly loafing around the house although he did paint the walls and ceiling of Jennifer's bedroom and the fixed breakfast and lunch and cleaned up afterwards. On the fourth day when she awoke for sex he was not beside her. She felt where he'd been and it was only mildly warm. Obviously he'd left before dawn.

Gus had given the crew time to set up the rig and begin drilling. This was S-day, 's' for shoot. He collected the sniper's rifle and climbed up a hill overlooking the site.

The drilling rig was operational with the water tank set up and presumably full. For all he knew drilling could have progressed for at least a day. It didn't matter. This was the day the drilling crew would crap themselves.

He saw the drilling boss sitting on a chair back on to him, reading a report or perhaps writing one. A tin coffee mug was sitting on the box beside him.

There was no wind. Gus estimated the distance, adjusted the sights, took careful aim and fired and smiled when he saw the coffee mug leap off the box and heard the boom of the shot echoed across the land.