Gabriella Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soular
soular
3,055 Followers

He let out a heavy breath and leaned back in his seat. "Not to me. I like to know what's going on in your life."

"Well there you go. It's busy and stressful," Patricia stated with a soft laugh but Simon wasn't amused as he sipped his drink.

"So how are classes?" she asked, trying to distract him from veering into heavier territory. She mustered the best smile she had, something that required more and more effort over this past month.

"They're Fine. But more important things have been on my mind."

"Like what?" As soon as Patricia said the words, she wanted to take them back. Her question opened the door for a relationship talk, and she wasn't ready. Not in the middle of the day. Not here at Teddy's, their special place.

"Like why my wife is ignoring me, why there's this space between us now."

Patricia's gaze fell to the bread basket. Rodney had always been so defensive whenever rumors about his 'extracurricular night activities' sprang up. Somehow it always got turned around on her, that she'd trusted a bunch of haters more than her boyfriend. On occasion he'd suggest that they confront her numerous sources and that was enough to end their argument. Rodney had been so convincing, he would've made an excellent defense lawyer. She had been crazy to think a star college athlete could be faithful to anyone.

But this coming from Simon had blindsided her. Yes, she'd expected a man like him would have women throwing themselves at him constantly. But until that afternoon in his office, she hadn't been aware just how much faith she'd placed in him, in his promise to love her. Now looking him in the eye made her stomach churn.

"What's going on with you? I know there's something wrong. You're exhausted all the time. You toss and turn in bed all night. Tell me." Was that the same sweet concern she used to hear in Rodney's voice?

Autopilot isn't an option anymore.

"Well, I guess I'd like to know why my husband is cheating on me." There, she had said it. The words brought a strange sense of freedom and relief. It vanished the instant Simon licked his lips and turned pale.

*

Hope you all enjoyed chapter 3! Chapter 4 is done, just waiting to submit, so no month long wait, lol. Um...sorry about that. A big thank you to Kaia (tangledinyou) for being my bookend and sister! And another big thank you to August Bouvier...a brilliant editor and friend. Thanks ladies! And thank you all for your patience and support w/ this story. It means so much to me:-)

Soular

soular
soular
3,055 Followers