Gaia's Champion Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Although harsh sometimes, Gaia was fair-minded. She let no one race gain advantage over the other, though she had been indisposed when the war broke out. It was something that pained Phalmina's mother every day until she had gone to sleep. She shook away the dark thoughts that had come to the forefront of her mind and focused instead on the wondrous things she saw in front of her.

Several flowers had shot up from the ground just after Jason had left, and Phalmina tended them as best as she could. They were large bulbs; the petals were cobalt and fragrant when opened. It reminded her of other times when life was much simpler, but she didn't allow her mind to wander down memory lane again. She was coaxing the flowers to open and they would, but slowly and in their own time.

She turned to leave when she heard the slight crackling of a bulb as it opened. Spinning, Phalmina watched it open and was astonished at what she saw lying in its center. Curled up in a ball on the center pad of the flower was another fairy! Not just any fairy either, but this was one of Phalmina's best friends, Emalia!

As the flower bloomed, she saw that Emalia was stirring as it continued to open. Once the petals had reached their final position, she saw Emalia shift slightly. Then her arms came up, stretching and popping as the sleeping fairy woke. Her breath caught as she watched and waited for her friend to wake.

Finally, Emalia sat up and opened her eyes, the color of blooming violets, looking around and staring. Blinking rapidly, Emalia yawned and shook herself, taking in the glade with a puzzled look on her face. Her eyes finally settled on Phalmina, and she gave a squeak of surprise. Flexing her wings and legs, she stood and hopped down off of the flower and strode over to where her friend was waiting.

Phalmina raced to Emalia and wrapped her up in a big hug, crying happy tears once again. She couldn't believe her friend was awake! Once she had gone to sleep, she never thought she'd ever get the chance to see her again! She then realized something with a start; if Jason had brought back her best friend by awakening his power, then he was far more important than she initially thought!

"Mina! I thought you'd have joined us in the dream long ago! Not that I'm not glad to see you, but what happened? We thought we'd never wake again and that dying in the dream was better than the long disconnection that Gaia was suffering under," her friend explained.

"I held the faith that Gaia did, that humankind would abandon its warlike and greedy ways and embrace the life and balance they once knew. My faith has been rewarded," Phalmina stated around happy tears.

"What do you mean?"

"I have found a Druid and awakened him. His power is considerable, even as a new acolyte. He may yet be the Curadh Domhain(World's Champion)!" she enthused, her finger pointing in a particular direction.

Eyes widening, Emalia looked at her friend with a sense of skepticism, until she followed where her finger pointed. In an open space of the glade, she saw what appeared to be a tree. It was still small, barely a sapling, but it was well on its way to becoming a sturdy tree. The one thing that set aside from every other plant that had been there was the energy that glowed within it.

It was the pure life energy of Gaia, which could only be wielded by a Druid chosen by Gaia. The tree would continue to grow at a rapid pace if the energy it contained was any sign. Emalia could only stare in fascination at what stood there and gave herself a start as she plopped down onto her ass, her legs weak from being disused for so long.

"You may yet be right, Mina! He may be the one who would bring us back to balance and harmony, as Vercingetorix foretold!"

******************************

Here is where the first chapter ends folks! What exactly are those two fairies talking about? What role will Jason play in the chapters to come? Well, for that, you will have to wait and see exactly what I have planned in the next few chapters!

This idea was one that hit me in the middle of a camping trip a little more than a year ago. Over time, the idea kept growing in my head until I just had to start writing about it! This one, like every other chapter of the stories I have started, has been fun. Although, it felt more playful than the others, which was a refreshing change of pace and mindset.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my work and I do hope that you've enjoyed it! I'm open to constructive criticism and will seriously consider any suggestions made about various story arcs. Please feel free to rate and comment on my work down below. If you like what I write, don't be afraid to follow and share, though your views, ratings and comments are quite enough for me.

In the meantime, this is C.H. Darkstrider, signing off to grab a beer and some quality time with the wife! ;) You will attain whatever you most desire, as long as you believe in yourself. Cheers!