Game Of Love Ch. 02

Story Info
Meet The Hero!
3.7k words
4.56
14.1k
13

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/25/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A/N: Thank you guys for all the feedback! To clear up questions comments and concerns from the previous chapter: Sorry about the Kardashian reference that was something I meant to pull/ change but didn't get around to it. Same with the whole "magic seatbelt" thing something else I meant to change but in the end never got around to it. I'll try and be better about double checking before I submit. On another note we get to meet Melodi's saviour in this one, Kaiden pronounced Kayden. I will apologies in advance if any the last couple paragraphs are kinda cheesy or has any errors. I had the worst writers block working on this chapter and somehow ended up writing most of chapter 3 before I could figure out where this chapter was going and wrote backwards from there. Please keep the comments coming.

-C

*****

Kaiden-

"What the hell were you thinking? You could have been killed! Do you know what kind of stress you've put your mother under? Especially when we couldn't get a hold of you and Peter couldn't find you at the scene. We didn't know what to think!" My father yelled in rapid Italian. He was so loud that I actually had to pull the phone away from my ear.

"I'm sorry I worried you both but when I saw the smoke coming from the cars, I knew I couldn't just let Peter drive past. I couldn't just let that woman die." I said back in Italian, pacing the hallway.

"That's what the police and the fire department are for! You didn't have to go gallivanting in to save some woman when there are people who are paid to do that! You are sole heir to the Andretti dynasty; I can't have you running around playing super hero putting yourself at risk! Do want to end up like Gio?" my father snarled harshly.

'Bring on the guilt trip.' I thought to myself, rolling my eyes as I took a seat in one of the uncomfortable hospital chairs that had been my home for the last 8 hours.

My parents always managed to make me fall in line by bringing up my deceased older, Giovanni, who died when he was 23 saving some pregnant woman from being robbed. I was 12, when it happened and even now, 13 years later, at 25 it still hurts the same way it did then. They like to bring up Gio when they wanted me to do something or not do something, depending on the situation.

They were upset because like my brother, I didn't want to live the life of a spoiled rich kid. I didn't want to just sit around living on my dad's money. When he didn't have me looked in the office and running around the globe closing deals for him, I loved to volunteer. I loved kids and so whenever I could I liked to volunteer for various programs where I could work with them.

It was hard living a double life. The one where the world and my parents wanted to see, the shrewd business man, the rich playboy and the one where I was who I actually wanted to be: just Kaiden. The sound of my dad screeching in the phone brought me back out of my thoughts.

"Kaiden are you even listening to me?" he asked this time in English.

"Yes father I'm listening. I hear what you are saying and I understand both you and mama's concern but I couldn't just let her die." I say again stressing the last part again so he would finally understand what I was saying.

"Maria talk to your son please. Speak some reason into him since he apparently wont listen to mine." I heard my father say before a bunch of shuffling and my mother's soft voice come across the line.

"Kaiden why won't you listen to your poor father? He drives himself sick with worry over you. He only wants what's best for you. Are you hurt anywhere? Have you been checked out?" she asked me, concern dripping through her tone.

"Yes mama they checked me. I'm fine, no smoke inhalation, no cuts, no bruises, nothing. The woman I saved, isn't doing too good though." I said trying to trigger her maternal instincts and draw her concern and worry to someone else other than me. My plan worked hook line and sinker.

"Is she okay?" my mother asked.

"Well since I'm not related to her or her husband they won't tell me much. But one of the nurses took pity on me since her family isn't here yet and gave me an update not too long ago. She has a concussion, mild smoke inhalation and some other stuff, but nothing extremely life threatening." I say watching as three people rushed past me to the nurse's station.

"Well that's good son I'm glad you were able to save her. I'm sorry about your father's yelling but we don't want you to end up like Gio, joining the father in the afterlife before you can really experience life. We want you to be safe and you can't do that if your constantly pulling people out of the fire." My mother said softly.

One thing about my mother is even when she scolding you she still manages to do it with love. "I know mama. I have to go now; I think the woman's family has just arrived and I want to point them in the right direction of their daughter. Can you have Peter meet me here in about a half hour." I tell her standing up from the chair and started walking slowly to the nurse's station where it seemed like the family who had rushed past me was struggling with the nurse on duty.

"Alright my son. Please be careful. And call Isabella please. She keeps calling to see if we know any information. I love you."

"I love you too mama and I promise to call Isabella." I say before hanging up the phone and tune my attention completely to the argument-taking place in front of me.

" I'm sorry but we can't give you any information on Miss Gray's condition." The nurse said with a flippant attitude pissing me off to the point where I knew I had to step in.

"What do you mean you can't give us any information?! We're her..." the man started to argue back before I cut in.

"Excuse me ma'am, before you acted so rudely toward these people, perhaps you should have asked who they were and their relation to the patient. Mr. and Mrs. Gray I presume? I can show you to where your daughter is and her doctor so that you can get the information you are seeking." I say staring the woman behind the desk down.

"Who are you and why do you have information on my daughter?" the older of the two men asked wrapping his arm tighter around the sobbing woman, who I would assume is the woman's mother considering the fact that they could pass for twins.

"I'm Kaiden Andretti..."

"Of Andretti Holdings INC?" The younger man asked me.

"Yes that Kaiden Andretti. I pulled your daughter out of her car after her accident." I told them Mrs. Gray's sobbing becoming louder. Mr. Gray looked like he was close to breaking down and the other man, who I would assume is either her brother or her lover stood there silently.

"Is she okay?" the older man asked drawing my attention back to him and the woman.

"Well they won't tell me too much because I'm not related or married to her but they did tell me that she had a concussion and mild smoke inhalation. She also had other injures but again since I'm not family they wouldn't tell me anything. I'm told she's going to be okay and that her injuries are not life threatening. The doctor can tell you more than I can." I say leading them to the other nurse's station closer to the room they had put the woman in.

"Thank you so much. We don't know how we can repay you." The woman said softly wiping her face with the side of her hand.

"I was just doing what any one would have done. I'm going to leave you guys to care for your daughter. I do want to pass along before I go that the police have stopped by to get your daughter's statement but they weren't able to and s they might be back sometime soon for that."

"Thank you again Mr. Andretti." Mr. Gray said before ushering his family to the desk.

I turned away at that point, slinging my suit jacket that I had long since took off higher over my shoulder. It had been at least 20 minutes since I had talked to my parents so Peter should be out front by now waiting for me.

My phone buzzed in my pants pocket and I pulled out and answered it, assuming it was Peter, without looking at the screen to find out who it was.

"Hey Pete I'm on my way down now her family just got here." I say into the phone as I navigate the hallways of the emergency department.

"Glad you have time to talked to your driver but not time to call your sister and let her know you're still alive. Thanks for the early heart attack by the way." Isabella's voice said filling my ear.

"Don't start with me Issy it's been a long day and I've already been chewed out from here to hell and back by mom and dad." I say stepping into the elevator.

"And rightly so. What were you thinking Kai?" she asked softly.

'Not her too.' I thought before saying, "I was thinking that I just witnessed a car accident, the people who could help the victim were too far out and her car was about to explode any minute and I didn't want to witness someone die like that." I say while I walk out of the elevator and out through the sliding doors leading to the outside, where Peter was already waiting on me. I give him a brief nod before sliding into the back seat and closing the door behind myself.

"Fine Kaiden I'll give you this one because I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing. But promise me one thing little brother." She says while I would assume moving things around in her office, from the sounds of paper shuffling around.

"And what is that surprisingly annoying big sister?"

"Don't let the fact that your living for Gio, cause you to end up like him. It's all well and fine that you want to help people but don't get yourself killed trying to save some one from the very thing that just killed you okay? I already lost one brother I don't want to lose another." she said softly, so softly almost as if she was about to start crying at the drop of a hat. It shocked me to the core because my hard as nails sister hadn't cried in over a decade.

"Alright Issy. I'll cut back on all the heroics. Wouldn't want you to have an early heart attack. Who else would I have to bother if you weren't around?" I say with a smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Well I have to go little brother. I'm supposed to be meeting Sam at the café around the corner from my office for lunch and you know how I feel about being late." She said trying to rush me off the phone. It seemed like her moment of vulnerability had passed just as quickly as it came.

'That's the problem with this family is no one like to show emotions with each other.' I thought as I gestured to Peter that it was okay from him to pull away from the curb.

"Alright Isabella I'll talk to you soon." I sighed into the phone while rubbing my free hand down my face.

"Bye Kai." Was the only response I received before she hung up the phone. I brought my phone down to the seat beside me and stared out the window watching as we moved through traffic. I was trying to force myself not to dwell on my fucked up family as Peter bobbed and weaved through the city streets.

"Mr. Kaiden, are we still heading for the offices as planned or am I dropping you off at home?" Peter asked, briefly glancing at me in the rearview mirror.

I thought about both choices, and while I wasn't too keen on being alone in my house being trapped in the office was even less appealing, especially after how stressful the last few hours had been.

"Just drop me off at the house Peter. I'll take care of those contracts tomorrow. Tonight I just want to sleep." I tell him resting my head back against the seat.

"Very well. I also received a call from security informing me that Miss Nicolai is waiting for you in your apartment while you were on the phone with Miss Isabella. Should I phone ahead and tell them to escort her out since you don't seem to be in the mood for company?" he asked turning the corner onto the street that housed my high-rise.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. After being in Japan for a week trying to clinch this deal, pulling the woman from the wreckage of her car and being chewed out from here to hell and back by my family, dealing with Brianna was the icing on this shit storm cake.

Brianna Nicolai was the daughter of his father's closest friend and a drunken mistake, which I couldn't seem to stop making. I slept with her once after some party my parents were throwing, and have been making it a repeat habit ever since.

The sex was good and she gave decent head but frankly her personality outside of the bedroom was less than that of a potato. She had no grasp of anything other than superficial things and she seemed to have gotten it into her head that we were a couple.

Another thing about Brianna is she was like the rest of the women I had been with who were only after the fame they can get just by being seen with me and how much money they can get me to spend on them. That's all they were ever after, was what they could get from me.

"Sir?" Peter called out from the front seat breaking me out of musing over the fairer sex.

"Yes Peter?" I ask glancing around noticing that we were in front of my building sitting idly.

"Am I calling the front desk to have security escort Ms. Nicolai out or do you want to deal with her yourself?" he asked, his hand poised to pick up the car phone.

"No Peter I'll deal with Brianna myself." I say looking back at the building looming to my right.

"Okay then. Is there anything else I can do for you before I clock out for the night, sir?" he asked as I opened my door and slid out of the car. I stuck my head back in the car door and before I could even really think about the words I was about to say they tumbled from my mouth.

"Can you have flowers delivered to Ms. Gray at the hospital? Sunflowers or something bright like that please but no roses."

Peter gave a weird look but didn't comment. "I'll get right on that sir. Have a good night." He said as I closed the car door and walked toward my building.

The doorman tipped his head at my presence as I glided through the doors of the lobby and straight to the front desk.

"Good evening Mr. Andretti. How was your trip?" Pamela, the receptionist behind the desk tonight asked me while she dug through one of the drawers. Pam had worked there since I had been living in the building. She was always professional but still managed to joke around with me when I was home.

"Evening Pam. My trip went well. I got everything I needed done, done so I can't complain too much. How was everything around here?" I ask her as she passed me the stack of mail that had accumulated over the last week for me.

"Everything was fine Mr. Andretti you know no one was getting past me." She said picking up a cupcake with chocolate frosting from the desk and taking a huge bite from it.

Just looking at the sugary sweet had my stomach growling, reminding me that I hadn't eaten in hours. Pam must have seen my hungry look or heard my stomach growl because she glanced up at me mid chew.

"Hey you want one? They're butter cake with a whipped cream chocolate ganache frosting. I got them from this new bakery a couple blocks down, Let Them Eat Cupcakes. They make all these custom flavored cupcakes and other sweets. They're really good and I can never just buy just one." She says passing me the box that had been sitting behind her on the shelf.

"Thanks Pam. Pretty sure I was going to start eating my arm if I didn't get something soon." I say balancing my mail on the box.

"No problem Mr. Andretti. Have a good night." She said smiling before going back to whatever she had been doing before I entered the lobby.

I headed for the elevator and stab the up eager to relax after the stress I had been under for the last couple days. 'But you can't do that remember dummy. Brianna is in your house waiting on you.' I thought as the doors opened and I walked in the mirrored car. I pressed the button for the penthouse and entered my security access code to actually be able to enter my house.

I got lost in my mind again thinking about the woman from earlier as the elevator started its climb up to the top. She was gorgeous even all bruised and banged up.

'And her voice! If it wasn't for the dire situation I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a hard on right then and there. I wonder what her eyes looked like.' I thought as the elevator came to a stop on my floor and the doors slid opened.

I stepped into the hall and noticed that my front door was still wide open indicating that Brianna was indeed inside and clearly couldn't even respect my space enough to close the door behind her.

"You know just because you need an access code to get up here doesn't mean you should just leave my front door open." I say kicking the door shut, clearly startling Brianna who was lounged across my leather couch flipping through some fashion magazine.

"Well I didn't think I would have to wait this long for you to get home. Where were you?" she asked in her annoying breathy baby voice, throwing the magazine down on my coffee table before standing up.

I ignored her question and placed the box that housed the cupcake and my mail on the closest counter and walked straight to the master bedroom.

My luggage from my travels was sitting neatly stacked in the corner waiting for either Brenda, my housekeeper or myself to empty them. I threw my suit jacket into the laundry basket while kicking off my shoes, heading into my bathroom to start the shower.

I heard the slight click of Brianna's high heels indicating that she had followed me from the living room.

"Are you just going to ignore the fact that I asked you a question, Kaiden?" she asked blocking the bathroom door.

"Yes as a matter of fact I am going to ignore you Brianna. You shouldn't have taken it upon yourself to show up at my place uninvited, let alone come in my home and act like you have a right to be here and question me. I keep telling you we aren't together." I tell her while unbuttoning my shirt, as steam began to fill the room.

"I don't understand why we keep going through this Kaiden. You keep telling me we aren't together but there isn't any reason why we shouldn't be. Our families are close the sex is fantastic and we look gorgeous together. If you would stop fighting this we could be the Italian it couple of society." She said, putting her hands on her narrow hips, as if she had our entire lives planned out.

Brianna was a beautiful woman but her personality could squish that the second she opened her mouth. Being 5'9 without the heels she came up to my shoulder but with the added 3 inches she came up to my chin.

As always her blonde hair was pulled up into her signature up do and she had some designer dress covering her slim frame. By anyone's standards she was attractive. 'How can someone so pretty be so dense between her ears?'

"Brianna those aren't real reasons to be together and you know it. A relationship takes more than the physical aspirations of it. Just because we are physically compatible doesn't mean anything" I comment dropping my shirt in the corner before bending to remove my socks.

It seemed like nothing I said had penetrated her mind in the slightest as she moved closer to me trailing a finger down my stomach to the button of my slacks.

"You know what? Lets not even talk about this right now. We can talk about our relationship later. I haven't seen you in over a week and I want to give you a proper welcome home." She said rubbing her hand over my hardening cock.

Any argument that I was going to make was slowly dissipating from my mind. Brianna let a cat ate the canary grin come across her face as if she knew she had me- literally- in the palm of her hand.

Without saying anything she dropped to her knees on the tile floor as the steam from the warm shower water swirled around us in the air. Brianna undid my pants, dipping her hand into my boxers to pull my cock out of its confinement, stroking it lightly.

12