Game Of Love Ch. 07.5

Story Info
Interlude: Cassie.
1.2k words
4.77
8.1k
8
0

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/25/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Interlude: Cassie

"Honey, I'm home!" I called walking in to the house I shared with Camryn. I threw my keys into the key bowl sitting on the hallway end table. I knew he was home because his car was parked outside in the driveway.

Kicking my shoes off, I walked into the living room, putting my purse on the end of the couch. He wasn't in here and the TV was off, which was unusual considering the living room was Camryn's relaxing haven after he got off work.

Glancing around the living room, taking in the pictures of us growing up and over the past 2 years and the décor I had to beg and plead with Cam to let me add, my eyes found a small white envelope taped to the top of our flat screen with my name written on it in Camryn's chicken scratch handwriting. Smiling I pulled it down and practically ripped it open in excitement.

Cassie,

Come Upstairs

Camryn

I practically ran for the stairs and that's when I noticed the rose petals that were littered across the hall floor, leading back to the front door area where the stair case was located.

My heart started beating a mile a minute as I followed the trail of red petals up the stairs and down the hall to the master bedroom, where I could hear the faint sounds of soft jazz playing through the closed door.

I try and rack my mind for what tonight's special occasion. Valentines day was last month, our anniversary wasn't until May, my birthday is in September, his November. I kept coming up empty so I decided, instead of sitting here wondering what's going on, to just bite the bullet and find out.

Opening the door to our bedroom, my mouth opens in surprise as I take in the scene before me. Rose petals strewn across the floor and our king size bed, the lights were dimmed low, enhanced by the flicker of the dozens of candles placed all around the room.

A tray was set up next to the bed, complete with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. It was a scene set for seduction. And in the middle of it all, stood my man, dressed to impressed, looking more nervous than I had ever seen him.

"Hi." He said reaching his hand out for me to grab hold of, which I promptly took.

"Hi. What's all this?" I giggled as he pulled me close to him. He didn't answer me but chose instead to guide me over to where the bed stood and ease me down.

"Camryn baby? What is all this? You're kinda freaking me out here babe." I said again, looking up at him.

"Shit. I'm fucking this up. You're not supposed to be freaking out, I'm the one who should be freaking out. Hell I am freaking out. I'm afraid of messing this up." He said running his free hand through his dark hair.

"Messing what up Camryn? What is going on?" He doesn't say anything this time instead dropping down on one knee in front of me rooting around in one of his pockets.

"I had this all planned out. I was going for this entire romance theme and my speech prepared but my nervousness is killing me. So I'm just going to go with what I feel." He said pulling out small a ring box from his pocket.

My eyes grew wider and I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks as I stare at the man I fell in love with almost a decade ago. "Oh my god."

"7 years ago today, I scared the shit out of you, Trinity and Melodi at the aquarium causing you to break your leg in 2 different places. 7 years ago today, I realized the love of my life had been in front of me for years and I never even knew it. I tried to fight my feelings for you, since you were one of my sister's best friends, but to no avail. It took me a while to get it together and make you mine but now that I have I realized there was no way on earth I could ever let you go." He said cracking open the box revealing the ring.

It was our birthstones blended together. The center stone was a brilliant sapphire surrounded by a dozen little citrine gems set in white gold. Tears rolled freely down my face now as he pulled the gorgeous ring from the box, chucking the now empty box off to the side before turning his attention back to me.

"Cassandra Lynn Wilks, I have loved you since that fateful day at the aquarium 7 yeas ago. Hell I'm pretty sure if I think hard enough, I loved you before then. I love you now just as much if not more than I did then. Will you do me the greatest honor in becoming Mrs. Camryn Andrew Gray? Will you Marry Me?"

Tears were rolling down my face as he sat there waiting on my answer. I couldn't bring my brain or my mouth to work together long enough to form words so I nodded.

"Is that a yes? You will?" he asked me beaming as he slid the ring on my finger.

"Yes, yes, yes, 1000X yes!!" I said smiling through my tears, throwing my arms around him.

I had loved him since I was 16 years old. I used to dream about this day and what we would name our babies. At that point, I always thought it was just that: a dream. But now its my reality.

"I can't wait to tell Melodi and Trinity. And my parents are going to be so excited. Hell your parents will be over the moon. There's so much planning we have to do and..."

"Breathe baby breathe. Let's work on telling our families first then we can get started on planning our wedding. But for now before we tell anyone can we celebrate us?" he said kissing the side of my neck.

My body melted under his ministrations and thoughts of anybody but us left my mind. His lips trailed down to the spot where my neck and my shoulder meet sucking gently, causing my eyes to roll back in my head.

He always knew exactly where to touch me that would turn me into putty in his hands. Camryn pulled me closer to him to where I was practically astride his lap on the floor.

"What do you say we start celebrating then Mr. Gray?" I say running my hand through his hair, loving the weight of my new addition on my finger as it rolled across the dark strands.

His hands slid down my sides until they reached my hips, pulling up the shirt I wore to work this morning. "Yes, Future Mrs. Grey, lets. I'm looking forward to seeing you wearing nothing but my ring." He said cheekily as he flicked open the button on my jeans. It didn't take him long to get me naked and we spent the rest of the night wrapped up in each other.

And the sad part is, we never got around to eating the strawberries.