Game of Power Ch. 02

Story Info
Alpha Female is having a hard time accepting her new mate.
6k words
4.68
40.2k
81

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/02/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ChelseaTay
ChelseaTay
246 Followers

Thank you everyone for your comments and ratings for Chapter One! I appreciate all comments and feedback I've received, both good and bad. Huge thanks to my editor, Bert_Fegg, who has been amazing!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

She fell only a short distance, but her feet didn't have the strength to help her land. Airami's knees crashed to the floor.Her dress pooled around her as she panted heavily.

The sandy haired male wore an expression of bewilderment. It probably wasn't the mating moment he had been waiting for. Though confused, he stepped towards Airami and leaned down to help her off the ground. He reached to grasp onto her underarms, but she leaned out of his reach.

"Do! Not! Touch! Me!" She hissed.

"Airami!" Daniel's voice rang through the crowd.

She saw her brother forcibly push through the masses, emerging from the crowd of guests, and rush over to her. He came behind her and took hold of her arms, where the stranger had planned to. Hoisted to her feet by her brother's strong arms, Airami gradually regained balance on her high heels.

A snarl ripped through the blonde man's lips. His expression drastically switched from concerned to extreme rage. His eyes glowed brightly, and he lowered himself to a crouching position. He bared his teeth at Daniel; his canine fangs were fully extended, and his wolf threatened to burst out.

"She's not yours," his hoarse voice rumbled at Daniel.

While he moved to Airami's side, Daniel's eyes glared at the man on all fours. A deep, low growl rumbled from Daniel. It surprised Airami, usually her brother was level headed and wasn't easy to agitate. But she saw the same thing Daniel did; a challenge. Unbroken eye contact was the oldest form of Alpha challenge.

Within the blink of an eye, Daniel was no longer beside her. His bones snapped and shifted to different positions, his nose morphed into a snout, his finger nails transformed into claws, and brown fur protruded through his human skin. The fabric of his suit fell to pieces around him.

A massive wolf took form, and his tail was held high and hackles raised. If the snarling wasn't enough to intimidate, his sheer size was incredible. Daniel's back was as high as her chest, and thick limbs gave no doubt about his strength. He was never challenged; contenders were always overpowered.

The American man gave no signs of backing down. He, himself, shifted into his canine form. Airami observed his sand-colored hair spreading throughout his body and turning into fur. His eyes still glowed the same emerald green, but this time with a wild look. He wasn't as large as Daniel but not much smaller either.

Her mind felt Daniel's power roll erupt like an earthquake. It was a mental technique Alphas used as a last resort for obedience or to make an enemy think twice about a fight. Depending on their position, the power they could emit varied. But being a Windsor made them the top platform of the food chain.

Airami noticed many of their guests being affected. They subconsciously bared their necks, a sign of submission and well-meaning.

She gasped when she looked at the wolf, who was kissing her only minutes ago. Nothing. He showed no indication of even acknowledging Daniel's superior rank. Airami held the same position as Daniel. She was his partner Alpha, but she felt the effects of what a power roll had the capability of doing. Another Alpha completely ignoring it was unheard of!

Daniel displayed no restraint. He savagely lunged at their guest. His teeth were aimed for the gold wolf's neck. If he couldn't rip his throat out, he'd at least take him down.

Snapping his jaws, the gold wolf dodged away from Daniel and slammed into his side. Airami watched the two viciously brawl on the floor, sinking their jaws into their opponent's flesh.

The smell of blood mixed with the air, drifting to her sensitive nose. The metallic scent was as common to their kind as fresh cut grass.

What Airami didn't expect was to recognize the aroma of Daniel's blood mixed with the Americans. Her brother barely ever shed blood during battle. The fighting experience displayed between the brown and blonde wolf had them equally matched. It was clear neither of them could finish this nor have the will power to back down.

It hit her. They weren't fighting for the same thing.

Daniel was brawling for his position as Windsor Alpha; if he lost then he'd lose his position. The American was fighting for his claimed mate; which, unfortunately, he claimed to be Airami. If Daniel won, the sandy-haired man would have to give her up and allow Daniel to be her mate.

It was the most foolish wolf fight she had ever seen. Since they weren't fighting for the same goal, it was evident that this was going to be a fight to the death. And frankly, Airami wasn't quite sure who would come out as victor.

"Stop it!" she screamed at them, comprehending this blood shed wasn't going to solve anything. The American didn't want Daniel's title nor did Daniel want Airami; it was pointless.

But her order fell on deaf ears. She could see her guests examining her curiously. They doubted her. They hesitated to believe she had the power to command two fighting wolves.

Pursing her lips together, Airami stepped out of her heels and gave her dress a remorseful gaze of admiration. It was beautiful while it lasted. But unfortunately, as soon as she closed her eyes to shift, the fabric fell to shreds around her.

It took her a few moments to adjust to her heightened senses. The colors around her were more vibrant and the nose at the end of her snout captured every scent in the room. The rush of sensory input was momentarily overwhelming. But with centuries of shape shifting under her belt, she was quick to recover. She shook out her chocolate brown fur, and then examined the battle in front of her. She crouched down, waiting for the perfect moment.

When the gold wolf gained the upper hand and jumped on top of Daniel's back, Airami sprang into action and launched herself at the American. He let out a high pitched whine as Airami knocked the wind out of his lungs. With a snarl, she asserted herself and had him land on his back. She towered over him and bit his exposed neck before the stunned wolf had time to retaliate.

Surprisingly, he didn't fight back.

Her ears picked up on soft growl, but otherwise the blonde wolf laid still. Releasing her jaws from his neck, she pulled away and looked down at him. Her internal war began. The taste of his blood was on her tongue and, quite frankly, it tasted like a honey to her. It was sweet venom that made her want more. Want him. She fought against the primal instincts, both her human conscience and wolf. Her mind was confused. But her body wasn't.

She caught the strong scent of her arousal. The male underneath her did also; she could feel the hardness of his member. She noticed the other men, still in their form fitting suits, sniffing at the air.

Someone snapped at the end of her tail with a growl, and she was sidetracked from her internal conflict.

Daniel still held his aggressive stance, not prepared for his fight to be over until it meant death for one of them. His mental voice hit her like a fist, hoarse and seething with animalistic rage.

'Move out of the way. He challenged me. He's mine. Mate of yours or not.'

'Mine.'

The female wolf inside her had surged forward and was controlling the show. Airami felt like she was in the audience. Her voice was low, raising her muzzle and baring her teeth at Daniel.

The two of them stayed in a deadlock, both in a position that was poised to strike at any moment. In wolf form, they looked even more alike than they did in their human skins. Their features were extremely similar. Their skin was flawless with a perfect set of teeth, all thanks to their superior line of heritage. They shared the same hue of brunette hair; both of their wolves had chocolate brown fur with a tan and white speckled underbelly. In wolf form, there were few differences between them.

For one, their size was different. Airami's wolf was large. She was an Alpha bitch, who commanded strength and power; Daniel's size trumped her, but that was as any male should be. Their fur wasn't entirely brown. Both of them had a white, front paw. For Airami, it was her left. And for Daniel it was his right. Lastly, it was their eyes. They were identically similar down to almost every detail. Except for the fact that Daniel's eyes were hazel like the forest ground, and Airami's were as blue as the sea.

'Do you claim him?'

Daniel's physical presence was ready for a fight, but his voice was calm in her mind. The wolf before her exposed his massive teeth, but Daniel's voice sounded surprised.

'I have no choice,'she whispered. At that moment, she was thankful for the mental communication shared only between the two of them. Their secrets were well guarded.

Daniel backed down. He took reluctant steps backward, calming himself. Though, he did send a glare to the blonde wolf behind her. In an instant, he returned to his skin. Crouching on the ground, he slowly rose to his feet. His muscle visibly readjusted themselves back onto his joints and his fur reseeded inside him. His fingers still sported claws and his teeth were that of his beast. Both lower and upper sets of canines were visible. It wasn't something an Alpha just brushed off when they felt their position was challenged.

"Shift. Both of you." Daniel grunted out, his voice deep and gruff. He stood before everyone, nude as the day he was born. He paid no mind to it, nothing but authority was emitted from his aura.

Airami played no games this time. Her wolf took the back seat and allowed Airami control of their conscious being. With a shuddered breath, her paws transformed back to hands and feet. Her spine realigned itself with ease, and her limbs magically put themselves back together.

Airami stayed crouched on the ground. Goosebumps rising on her bare skin, her eyes longingly looked past Daniel's feet and at the remains of her gown. She detested being nude in front of all these people.

Luckily, a female Omega from her pack weaved through the surrounding crowd. She hurriedly came over to Airami and laid a cloak over the Duchess Alpha's shoulders. Her pack knew to be ready with some sort of covering when she shifted.

With a breath of relief, Airami fastened the fabric around her naked body and rose to her feet. She nodded her head in approval, and the small Omega woman backed away and disappeared into the crowd. Airami barely had time to register all the eyes that stared at her before Daniel's voice boomed throughout the hall.

"I, Daniel Windsor, Duke Alpha of the Windsor Pack and member of The Council, recognize the claim you put over your mate. You have my word on Luna that his Alpha Challenge to me has been forgotten and forgiven," he explained formally, as he always did when they recognized an Alpha pair.

When it came for the portion Airami usually proclaimed, Daniel paused. It was as if he forgot she wasn't going to chime in. But he recovered and picked back up.

"Do both of you accept your destined mate and swear to adhere to our oldest laws by being permanently mated by the next Wolf Moon?"

"I, Colton Crawford, Sir Alpha of the Crawford Pack of the United States, accept tradition and vow to be joined with my mate in body and spirit by the next Wolf Moon."

His voice made her jump. Airami had forgotten he was standing only a few feet behind her. He stepped forward and stood beside her, his back straight and chest puffed out.

His voice was like velvet. It was an alluring purr to her. It wasn't hoarse and raspy like before. She swallowed the lump in her throat and resisted her body's urgent need for everything about him.

She kept her gaze on Daniel, who had nodded to Crawford and looked at Airami. Waiting.

It hit her. Her position. Her life. Everything she knew. It was going to be gone.

Her wolf whined. Airami could see the mental image and knew her Alpha side couldn't help her now. The chocolate colored wolf laid her ears back and her tail began to fall between her legs.

She could refuse him. She could admit the fact she didn't want a mate. Especially not an American of all wolves!

But she knew how serious that decision would be. It went against everything her people believed in; everything their civilization was based on. Luna created a counterpart to each and every one of her wolves. When a wolf found their other half, it was meant to be a gift from their goddess.

Her biggest problem would be The Council. They wouldn't take lightly to Airami refusing her mate just to stay as Windsor's Duchess Alpha. It wasn't acceptable.

"I...I, Airami Windsor," she began in a whispered tone. "Duchess Alpha of the Windsor Pack of England and member of The Council, accept tradition and vow to be... to be joined with my mate in body and spirit..."

Her voice trailed off and she couldn't find the will power to finish. The remaining words got stuck in her throat and her voice was lost.

"You didn't finish," Crawford's warm voice whispered to her.

"I know I didn't! Do you think I'm stupid?" she snarled at him. Airami saw the reassuring smile he had on his face, but it quickly vanished when she snapped at him.

Before she could do any more harm to her reputation in front of everyone, Daniel cleared his throat.

"Airami. Finish if you would, please."

Glaring at the blonde stranger, Airami finally sighed and composed herself.

She wanted to stay home. She wanted to continue her duties in England. She didn't want him. Her mind screamed at her; No, don't do it!

"And to be mated by the next Wolf Moon," she finished and the gnawing feeling in the pit of her stomach worsened.

"Let your words bind you to your actions. I count all in attendance tonight as witnesses to this destined pair," Daniel watched her apprehensively before turning to the remainder of the ballroom to address everyone. "I introduce you all to the newly mated pair, Colton Crawford and Airami Windsor!"

There was applause. But it wasn't as thunderous as it was for the previous couple. People were unsure. No one was oblivious to the way Airami was acting. It wasn't normal.

In the midst of it all, she felt a large, warm hand wrap around hers. At first, her body relaxed at the touch. But she stiffened when she noticed it was her new mate. He looked down with a concerned expression and his piercing emerald eyes captivated her for a few seconds. She stared blankly up at him, beginning to get lost in a trance.

"I know this isn't expected, but–"

"I told you earlier not to touch me," the brunette hissed and yanked her hand away from his grasp.

The musicians in the corner began to play again, but barely anyone returned back to what they were doing. Airami was the new show. She swore she could feel their confused stares burning against her flesh. Her skin was prickling, goose bumps rising on every inch of her body.

She turned in a flash and moved briskly across the ballroom. Bodies parted for her like the Red Sea. She kept her head held high and her eyes straight in front of her. But through her peripheral vision, she could see them. Her sensitive ears picked up on their whispers.

She was a curiosity among her own kind. For centuries she had preached the importance of mating bonds, and it was such a wonderful gift for Alphas to find one another at these gatherings. Most times she was blowing out smoke, but no one knew. Now, she was deemed a hypocrite.

She didn't care what they thought. This wasn't how she wanted things to be, and she wasn't going to submit with her belly up.

Airami hugged the cloak closely around her body. Her bare feet were silent against the cool, marble floor. She remained composed and calm throughout the duration of her strut across the room. A pair of Omegas from her pack opened the doors that led out into the foyer.

She didn't know what to do with herself next. Her mind was in a fog and thoughts floated around aimlessly. The doors to the ballroom closed and she shivered as the wind of it came in contact with her skin.

Clothes. She needed those first. She couldn't walk around with only a cloak on for the remainder of the evening.

Airami willed herself to drift through the foyer, but stopped at the staircase. Her stomach dropped and she bit her lip. Of all stupid things, she was actually going to miss the grand staircase.

The staircase was two sets of steps that curved and met as one on the second level. The stone steps were a cream color, matching the walls of the foyer. A golden railing lined both sides, which was constantly polished to avoid fingerprints and imperfections on its surface. The hand rail connected to the stairs by a black Victorian designed balustrade.

It was the centerpiece of her life. Every day she went up and down its reliable steps. But suddenly, she would most likely never see them again.

Airami sighed, moving forward and resting her hand gently on the bannister. She remembered a time when she and Daniel were only pups. They used to love racing up or down the two separate sides of the staircase.

One time, she attempted to slide down the bannister in order to beat Daniel. Though, she ended up slipping and toppled right over the bannister and down to the floor from the top of the staircase.

She had scraped her knee badly from the fall; she vaguely remembered crying on the floor. From what she remembered, it wasn't anything severe but had shaken her up.

Daniel had rushed over and tried to help. Quick heals were always done by a wolf's tongue. Saliva from their other halves was the best remedy for most wounds. But before Daniel could help her, Edwin came to the scene.

Edwin had been Head of The Council for as long as anyone could remember. No one could put an exact date on when he came to power, and it was rumored he was the oldest wolf in existence. When the previous Windsor Alphas had perished, Airami's parents, Edwin and his mate had taken the two pups in as their own.

She remembered Edwin ordering Daniel to back away from her, to leave her cut knee alone and not heal it.

Airami's hand tightened on the bannister as she recalled the tough love she received in a form of scolding from Edwin.

She and Daniel had been told countless times not to run on the stairs. Little ladies, of all things, did not slide down the bannisters. She deserved what she had gotten for disobeying.

That was the day their Alpha training had begun.

Airami looked down at her bare leg, her eyes focusing on her knee. It was microscopic, but she knew it was there. The scar blemished her skin, forever reminding her of that day.

"Come, child. Don't just stand there. I had another dress laid out in the case you shifted in your first."

A voice from behind had caused Airami to jump. She turned her head and saw Elizabeth approaching her. The older woman was Edwin's mate, the closest thing to a mother figure Airami had grown up with.

"Are you deaf? I want you back down here as quickly as possible. Luna knows you lost enough face by shuffling out of that room with your tail between your legs."

"I did notshuffleout of there like a clumsy pup," Airami retorted with a huff. The young woman began her march up the staircase. Elizabeth was following closely behind her.

"You may have played the part, but it's not hard to see right through you, Airami Windsor. Where do you come off thinking you can run out like that? Especially in front of everyone!"

Airami growled softly. She wasn't a child. She was perfectly capable of making her own decisions and not having to answer to anyone. She loved Elizabeth dearly, but the old woman had to learn not to talk down to her.

ChelseaTay
ChelseaTay
246 Followers
12