Game of Power Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The two of them ascended to the top of the stairs and to the second level of the Windsor estate. The younger wolf only wished to get to her room and put on some clothes. But the older wasn't done with her.

Before Airami could reach for the door handle of her door, Elizabeth took hold of her arm.

"Did you hear me? Airami! You embarrassed all of us!"

With a snarl, Airami turned to face her former guardian. Her eyes glowed, announcing her wolf's presence. Her teeth lengthen into fangs, which she bared aggressively at Elizabeth.

"I am Duchess Alpha. You do not talk to me like that!" She growled, hers eyes angrily narrowed at her.

Elizabeth wasted no time in reacting. She brought her hand up and slapped Airami across the cheek. Airami's face barely budged at impact. In fact, all it did was infuriate her wolf further.

"Don't forget who I am, child. I raised you and I can speak to you however I wish. Don't forget your place. You may lead the Windsors, but we both belong to The Council. I can make or break you, girl. Don't ever think you're my superior," Elizabeth spoke lowly. "Now I suggest you go to your room, put on the dress I laid out for you, and get your hide back downstairs."

It wasn't worth it. Airami willed her wolf down; she didn't need to waste energy fighting with her adoptive mother. Clenching her jaw, the brunette didn't speak a word as she slipped into her bed chambers. This time, Elizabeth didn't try to stop her.

She closed the door gently behind her and leaned her back against the mahogany. Taking a deep breath to collect herself, Airami's eyes slipped shut and her head fell back against the wood.

It took her a moment to realize it, but she had just gotten sent to her room like a scolded pup.

She felt like a child all over again. Elizabeth and she hadn't argued in centuries. All the jurisdiction and authority she possessed was slipping away right through her fingers.

To make matters worse, her inner wolf was alsoskeptical. There was no assurance in her choice. Although it was certain the American male was her potential mate, there was no reasonable logic for it. Everything about him was the complete opposite of what she was attracted to.

He was handsome; she couldn't deny that. But he had a pretty boy look to him that normally would have made her turn her nose. She preferred her men rough and rugged. He didn't even seem to have trace of facial hair! Perhaps he was still only a pup.

She was destined to a babysitting job.

Airami looked across the room to the new gown that was waiting for her. It was another gorgeous number. It shimmered in the light and was a deep shade of royal blue. It wasn't as breath-taking as her ball gown, but was a slimmer option that would hug her silhouette.

Before she had a chance to put it on, there was a soft knocking at her door.

Airami sighed and called out, "At least give me a few minutes to change, Elizabeth. I'll be out soon."

"May I come in?" She heard Daniel's voice gently ask.

Hearing him was like music to her ears. She couldn't have been more relieved to open the door and see her brother standing there. There was no exchange of words between them as Daniel stepped inside and Airami shut the door behind him.

She watched him slowly pace to her bed with his hands behind his back. He looked over the dress rather than pay mind to her. But they both were silent.

Her wolf whined inside her head; something wasn't right. Something inside of her was so wrong. It almost felt as if a part of her mind was beginning to fade away.

"Our bond!" Airami gasped, holding the side of her head while looking at Daniel with wide eyes.

"I know," He whispered, trailing his fingers gently down the shimmering fabric. He didn't as much glance at her.

At birth, pups formed a mental bond with their parents and siblings. A family bond was the way wolves learned at such an early age. Parents taught and shared knowledge with their young usually before they could even talk. But when it came time that a wolf had found their mate, the family bonds weakened.

They were always still there, but not as easily tapped into as before. This was to make up for the strength the mating bond required. Family bonds weakened especially if a female had male kin, and vice versa. Wolves tended to be extremely territorial over who their mates connected with mentally.

"I'm not mated, not even temporarily. This shouldn't be happening. Not yet," She worried out loud, biting her lip.

"We've lost touch." He softly muttered. Airami watched as his finger nails lengthened and transformed into claws. With ease, he sliced right though the gown as if it was only butter.

"Daniel! What are you doing? I planned on wearing that!" She snapped at him, frowning over the loss.

"Don't you understand?!" Daniel suddenly roared, his eyes beginning to glow as his wolf came to the surface.

Usually, Airami could feel his emotions. She could penetrate his mind and understand him like no one else could. But right now, she couldn't feel anything radiating from him. Their bond had evaporated into thin air without her noticing.

"You don't see what's happening, Airami, and it's sitting right in front of your face. Right now, downstairs, they're planning your departure. You'releaving.But instead of making these arrangements with yourmate, you have the nerve to run out and be concerned with what you're going to wear next!"

"Don't you dare—"

"I wasn't finished," Daniel growled out, his fangs lowered and he began to bare his teeth dominantly at her.

Airami's breath hitched. He barely ever got aggressive with her. And more surprising was the fact that her wolf exhibited the strongest urge to display submission.

"All of our lives, we we've been taught that we're better than everyone else because of ourthingsand ourclass," he spat out the word like poison and tossed the torn dress across the room. "We've lost touch with ourselves, with our existence. No wolf is better than any other; we've been raised as fools. We could nearly pass as humans with our vanity and ignorance! It's gotten so severe that you can't even approve of your wolf's choice in mate!"

"Well even she is confused about him!" Airami hissed in defense.

"Don't you see the problem with that? It's absurd that she can't even justify her decision."

Airami's eyes fell to the floor. She knew he was right. Before tonight, her power was endless. But now, she felt powerless in the entire situation.

"I don't want to leave."

"You must. You know what will happen if you refuse."

When she looked back up to Daniel, his eyes dimmed as his wolf's rage subsided. He slowly moved over to her and wrapped his arms around her body, bringing her into his chest protectively.

"But it doesn't mean I won't miss you dearly. No one can match your expertise when it comes to the role of Duchess Alpha," he whispered soberly to her.

She held back tears. Crying was only a vulnerability and a weakness. Her eyes were squeezed shut when Airami was struck with a realization.

"No wonder my wolf is feeling the need to submit to you."

"You gave up the role as Duchess Alpha as soon as you agreed to bond with a Sir Alpha."

With a shuddering breath, she pulled away from Daniel's embrace. She straightened herself, quickly wiping away the leftover tears that were hiding in the outside corners of her eyes.

"Well there's no use in prolonging this. Help me find another dress so I can get back downstairs." She told him, beginning to make way to her wardrobe. But Daniel reached out and took her hand before she could get too far.

He pointed to the pair of glass doors that led out to her balcony. "When is the last time you went out for a run? For the sake of your own enjoyment?"

She rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to answer him. But her voice got lost in her throat, because she had no answer.

Airami couldn't remember the last time she had shifted and ran through Windsor Pack territory to unwind and be one with her canine half.

"I...I don't know. A while, I suppose." She admitted softly.

Daniel shook his head, releasing her hand. "Go. I think you need to connect with your wolf more desperately than you imagine. I'll smooth out travel plans and everything with The Council during your absence."

"You're a gift sent from Luna." Airami breathed out with relief, reaching out to briefly hug Daniel once again.

"And don't you forget it." He kissed her on the forehead and stepped away, turning and leaving her alone in her room again.

Alone.

The word described how she felt perfectly. Now with Daniel's bond fading from existence, her mind felt empty. Even her pack bond was beginning to weaken due to the transition. Soon she would call another pack her family and Windsor wolves would be a memory. Her Alpha nature was withdrawing from the Windsor Pack because she no longer held a role of leadership.

The loss of the Duchess Alpha title nearly made her sob. It was everything to her. She couldn't bear to think of any other female claiming the title alongside Daniel.

Airami closed her eyes, concentrating on the chocolate wolf that was equally distraught as she was. It was obvious that they were going into this blind but together.

'I'm going to need you more than ever before.'Airami's admitted.

The presence of her wolf agreed, confident in her strength. The she-wolf was never one to back down from a challenge and this was their biggest one yet.

Airami dropped the cloak that covered her body. She caught sight of herself in her vanity mirror and admired her toned body. Her self-consciousness and hatred of being nude wasn't due to self-image. She didn't feel comfortable with strangers seeing her in such an exposed manner.

Otherwise, she knew she looked good. Her breasts jutted out from her chest proudly, perky and right where they should be on her chest. Her waist was small with a firm stomach. Her lovers joked how they could put both hands on her waist and their thumbs would nearly touch. Her figure expanded into an hourglass shape as her hips widened. They were perfect for birthing; Elizabeth always told her.

Airami looked over her shoulder at her rear end, which projected out from her body just as noticeably as her breasts. Daniel cruelly called her a "bubble butt" as pups, but now her ass was the envy of most women. It gained her plenty of male attention from its size and flawless appearance. There wasn't a bump or indent in sight.

She knew she was a catch. She was beautiful and any man was lucky to get her attention. Her mate had plenty of impressing to do if he wanted to lay a single hand on her delicious curves.

Her wolf snapped her out of her narcissistic day dream with a growl. She grew impatient, wanting to be free and released from her mental prison.

Airami obliged and sauntered across the floor to the glass doors. She opened them and allowed the wolf to take over.

Her consciousness was virtually shoved out of the way. Her wolf surged forward, taking control of their mind and body. She felt the shift happen and the two of them became one being.

Airami opened her eyes, looking down at her paws. She stretched out her limbs briefly, knowing she was going to push her body's limits. This may be the last time she would run in Windsor lands. She whined at the thought, but was determined to make the most of it.

The brown wolf padded out of the bedroom and to the large balcony patio that was positioned at the back of Windsor Manor. It over looked their land, which seemed endless. It was a never ending sea of trees and forest.

She raised her head and howled loudly. Birds flew out of nearby trees becauseof the melancholywail. She mourned her last run, but was going to make the most of it. All of her problems were left at the door.

Excitement grew in her belly. She backed up a few paces before breaking into a short run and leaping right over the banister. Gliding through the air, she hit the ground running.

Her paws beat the ground, racing through the cleared land, and making way to the forest where she belonged. The sound of her heart beat in her ears like a drum, pumping blood throughout her powerful body.

The aroma of the forest entrance was heaven to her. The scent of fresh pine and moist soil invited her in. She ran with no destination, which was the best part. For once, she was doing what she wanted.

She soared over uprooted and fallen trees and through mud puddles without care. Her wolf was elated to get this freedom.

The wind blew and the scent of a nearby deer caught her attention. Her stomach rumbled and let her know it was time for a hunt. She put her nose to the forest floor, stealthily searching for her prey. Its droppings led her exactly to the clearing where a doe grazed with her fawn.

Airami crouched down in the nearby foliage, camouflaging herself with the woodlands. Her limbs were ready to spring and to take down her chosen meal. She waited for the perfect moment. The doe was cautious and was constantly listening for sounds of predators. Unfortunately for the deer, Airami's hunting technique was flawless.

Seconds before Airami was prepared to leap out and take aim for the doe's throat, something set them off. A twig snapped and alerted the two deer. The two took off in an instant and rapidly dashed back into the forest to save their skins.

Normally, Airami could have chased after them and caught up with her meal. Her wolf did enjoy a good chase. But the noise wasn't from her. Something at the opposite end of the clearing was being careless, making noise left and right.

The wind blew in her direction and Airami snarled loudly at the scent. She burst out of her hiding place with her teeth bared and claws ready to shred.

She half expected an Omega from her pack to stumble out of the bushes, willing to apologetically submit to her. What she didn't expect was a large male to come barreling out of the shrubbery with his teeth bared and aiming straight for her at full speed.

She was now the hunted.

12