Gang Aft Agley Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BobNbobbi
BobNbobbi
282 Followers

Instead of lips to kiss, Robert reached for Burns to begin saying what must be said. No poem Burns wrote meant more to Robert's wife than The Red, Red Rose. The simple verse had been bond between them from their earliest days together.

O my Luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I:
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry:

Love did not die in Robert's mind. He knew he would love Nancy a long time, probably for the rest of his life. His love would not allow him to accept her behavior. "Nancy, I have a question. Do you remember the last time we made love?"

Nancy had to think, it had been a while, longer than she realized. "The last time I remember was Christmas Eve. We must have made love since then. We've never gone more than a month without making love in some way."

"Christmas Eve! I told you I would not participate in a marriage with three people or even two and a half." I want to give you a few more lines from The Bard.

Ae fond kiss, and then we sever;
Ae fareweel, alas, for ever!
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee,
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee!
Who shall say that Fortune grieves him
While the star of hope she leaves him?
Me, nae cheerfu' twinkle lights me,
Dark despair around benights me.

"I love you Nancy Winthrop; I will love you till a' the seas gang dry. Know this, however, the best laid schemes o' mice and men gang aft agley. In your case, in our case, schemes are most agley." Now Robert approached his wife and kissed her lips. "I have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow afternoon at three o'clock. We can talk with Leezabad tonight or tomorrow evening. I'll leave the choice to you."

Epilogue:

Nine months later Robert and Nancy Winthrop were divorced. Custody of Carla Elizabeth Winthrop, also known as Leezabad, was assigned by the court to both parents. Robert continued to live in the family home; Leezabad kept her bedroom and spent every Friday night with her Dada. Robert also purchased a two bedroom condo that he rented to his former wife, Nancy James Winthrop at cost. Leezabad had a bedroom with her mother too. Both parents did their best to inflict as little impact of the divorce on their daughter as possible.

Nancy focused on her teaching career and being the best mother to her daughter that she could be. Nancy invited James into her home and her bedroom, but not with any greater frequency than when she was married to Robert. She limited her romantic activity to one weekend a month and dated no other men.

Robert and Marjorie did not marry either; Marjorie made clear that she did not want to go down that path. Marjorie kept her own living place for two years, but mostly lived with Robert. Leezabad talked with her privately and assured her Dada's lady-friend that she was not a good reason for Marjorie to live in two places. Marjorie hugged the girl now becoming a young woman; she decided she would assume the role of older aunt to Leezabad rather than step mother. The first person Robert called when Leezabad told her Dada that a boy asked her for a date was Nancy.

BobNbobbi
BobNbobbi
282 Followers