Gargouille Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"They usually change based on our emotions at the time, although we can change them at will."

Nicole shut her eyes, as though she was to block out his words. "What's wrong with you? Are you both ill?" she asked, panicking.

"No, Nicole, we're not ill. We were born this way."

Nicole didn't know what to say. What kind of person had eyes that glowed red and then turned black? She stood rigid, in a state of confusion and looked towards the door. The only escape route.

"Do not fear us," Kieran pleaded, all arrogance gone as he observed the conflicting array of emotions flickering over her face.

Her head snapped towards him and she pinned him with an icy stare. Kieran held out his hand and let it immediately fall to his side as Nicole backed away further from them.

"I demand a phone call," she declared.

Kieran's brain screamed in frustration and judging by the look on Eyon's face, he fared no better. Nicole was pretty angry. They watched her as she stood there, spoiling for a fight. Sure they could force her to comply, but fucking her senseless would only serve as a temporary respite.

Eyon's voice broke the silence. "Nicole, I know ye dinna trust us right now, but just give us a chance to explain. We know it's a lot to take in, but we can make it better."

She so wanted to believe them. They were looking so handsome, staring at her with concern and worry, spilling their feelings. Damn, they were making it hard. She quickly looked away to collect her tattered thoughts. She took a breath, trying to steady her pounding heart. "Well, explain then. What is it?"

"Our eyes can change color."

The response made no sense, Eyon knew that, but he wasn't about to elaborate. Little did he know, Nicole wasn't about to be satisfied with that. She looked exasperated. Kieran smiled at Nicole's expression, if the situation wasn't so serious, he would have laughed.

"You don't say?" she whispered sarcastically, her gaze never leaving Eyon's.

"Damn," Kieran growled, "Come here to us, Nicole."

Kieran decided to change the course of the discussion. It was not a good time to get into it. If it took fucking her to keep her quiet, well so be it.

"Why?" She watched him through hooded eyes. He looked so manly and sexy. Do not give in, she told herself.

"I will come to ye then." Kieran rose from the bed and began walking towards her.

"This is crazy."

"No, Nicole, it's not."

She didn't bother to move or say anything as strong arms surrounded her waist and lifted her off the floor. She sighed in defeat and wrapped her arms around his neck as he walked them back towards the bed. She looked over at Eyon. Although he hadn't moved from his position, sitting on the edge of the bed, she had a strong sense of connection with him, as if he was caressing her.

"Bring her to me." Eyon's passion filled voice had her pussy creaming, coupled with Kieran's large hands, cupping and squeezing her bottom as he laid her gently onto the bed.

"But we haven't finished talking," she moaned, trying to pull away from Eyon's hands as they moved to reveal her heated flesh for their touching and viewing pleasure.

"Not now, Nicole," Eyon groaned huskily as he reached down and cupped her breasts.

She almost gave up resisting when he began to knead the firm flesh. But Nicole decided not to give in so easily. Not even a mind-blowing orgasm would make her forget. At her insistent pushing, Eyon reluctantly lifted his hands.

"Ye like it very much when we take ye to bed. Am I right?" he smiled at her glare.

"Of course I do." She wanted to contradict him, but honesty forbade it. Besides, he bloody well knew she did, based on her reaction to them. She knew they were being evasive in their answers to her question. Sighing, she glanced from one to the other. They both had the characteristics of men to whom command was familiar, but no outright haughtiness was apparent in their bearings. They were dignified and rather reserved in manners, but also downright domineering and controlling.

Well, if they thought their pretty looks and hot sex could deter her, they were wrong. Slowly, she counted to ten and looked at both of them. Their expressions were perfectly calm, only the flaring of their nostrils gave away their desire.

"So, what do you mean when you say your eyes change with your emotions?"

"Ye want to discuss this now?" Kieran asked, his voice a deep rumbling baritone.

"No, next week. Of course now! We have more important things to discuss than having sex," she replied stubbornly. Rolling her eyes, she sat up.

"And if we decide otherwise?" Kieran's grin held a hint of challenge. Women, they were never satisfied until they had the upper hand. Lucky for her, they loved her. Being with her was like being re-born. They could deny her nothing, except letting her leave that was.

"You wouldn't dare," she snapped. Her eyes narrowed as Eyon reached out and cupped the side of her face.

"Remember what I said earlier, Nicole. Keep an open mind."

Whatever, she thought, twisting her face away.

She turned to look at Kieran when he said, "Do ye believe in myths and monsters?"

She shook her head, torn between screaming and laughing, but she did ask the question.

"Nicole?" His voice was gentle as he lifted a hand and gently touched her shoulder, but at her tight look, he released her.

As Kieran's hand fell away, she shuffled away from him only to come in contact with Eyon's thigh on her side. She pushed at it, but it was like trying to move a boulder, so she gave up. "Of course I do."

Both men stared at her in stunned disbelief. "Ye do?"

"Of course not!" she snapped, "Do I look stupid?"

What the hell's wrong with this man, asking asinine questions?

Sighing, Kieran smiled humorlessly. "What do ye know of gargoyles?" His question sounded hollow and distant.

Nicole averted her gaze. It was official. They were crazy. Hot like fire and crazy as hell. Suddenly her thoughts became clear, as she remembered the manuscripts, the picture, the drawings, and all those documents the men had in their library. Was this part of their delusions? She had read that a person who suffered from schizophrenia sometimes presented with grandiose ideations.

Nicole closed her eyes, perplexed. Eyon was so serious, but tender, Kieran was quick to laugh, but possessive. Could she live like that? How could something feel so right, yet so wrong? Conflicting emotions plagued her mind.

The men watched Nicole. Though they weren't touching her, they could sense her inner turmoil. Nevertheless, she belonged to them, whether she liked it or not. Besides, she was the one who wanted to continue the conversation. Kieran looked at Eyon. Eyon nodded. They both reached out and gently touched Nicole's hands.

"Nicole, are ye...okay?" Kieran asked.

Her eyes snapped open. "What?" she replied inanely.

"Earlier, I asked ye a question, Nicole. Do ye believe in gargoyles?" Kieran looked her squarely, unblinking.

Not knowing how to respond to the question, she shrugged and laughed. But neither man thought it funny, so she tried to make light of the situation. "Oh, come on. Do you?"

Far from amused, Eyon replied in a clipped voice, "We do."

Her brow furrowed as she frowned, baffled. "You're both crazy," she said. Her expression made it clear she thought they were indeed nuts.

"Have ye ever seen a gargoyle?" Kieran continued.

"What kind of a silly question is that?"

Eyon nodded slightly to indicate that she should answer it anyway. "What has that got to do with my earlier question?"

"Be patient, Nicole. We'll get there."

She sighed inwardly, deciding to play it safe. The last thing she needed was to be at the mercy of two mentally disturbed persons. Feeling at a disadvantage, in fight or flight mode, Nicole pushed her body into a more comfortable position. With an inward curse, she softly answered, "No."

Both men exchanged knowing glances. They could see the confusion written all over her face. More than anything, they wanted to make things right. She was their future.

For centuries, there had been humans that had tried to wipe out their race from existence, planting a seed of hatred and mistrust. Hopefully with Nicole by their side, they could repair some of the hurt. It would take time, of course, but time was what they had.

Sighing wearily, Eyon looked at his mate. They needed to end this, maybe much sooner than they had anticipated. "Well, let me show ye. Look up at me, Nicole." Eyon's voice was gentle, yet firm.

Slowly she met their gazes, but not sure what to expect, she kept silent. Nicole watched Eyon as he got off the bed. She studied him, unblinking, as he watched her. Eyon was certain Nicole was going to scream and run at any moment. He had seen many do the same thing, would she be any different? This thought almost caused him to abandon his plan. Taking a deep breath, he hunched his shoulders over and let loose his wings.

Nicole blinked once...twice...three times when she saw the wings flapping. They were a shimmering dark silvery grey, with wide claw-like feathers, and his eyes had taken on a dark color, almost black. Nicole allowed herself to stare like an open-mouthed simpleton.

"Where do they come from?" she asked, her voice full of wonder, as she gaped at the stunning and magnificent wings presently before her. "Are they real?"

Nicole was more fascinated than frightened. Eyon didn't respond, nor did he break their eye contact. He stood erect and it was as if he was made of stone.

Their mate was strong. Both men were surprised she wasn't screaming and fighting to get away, but then again, it could be a delayed reaction. It had been so long since they felt so at peace. They had longed for someone to share their lives with, now they had Nicole. Their kind needed to be mated. It ensured the healthy continuation of their race. Eyon looked over to his cousin, who was surprisingly quiet and then back to Nicole's panic-stricken face.

Nicole began to panic. Was she unwell? Was it a dream? The gentle movement of the wings snapped her from her thoughts. "Am I alright?" she asked, her voice quaking.

"Of course ye are." Kieran finally spoke, and Nicole, somewhat enchanted, didn't protest when he reached out and took one of her hands in his. "We understand yer fear."

"Really? I thought gargoyles feared no one, with their super strength and policeman attitudes," Nicole quipped, still looking on in awe.

Kieran laughed and she stared at him as his handsome face lit up. Nicole knew then that she cared for them. She turned and looked back at Eyon and the smile on his face warmed her entire being. She no longer saw them as crazy, but as men with desires and longings, just as others had. Could she be falling in love with them? Should she stay? If only it was that simple. She was taking it surprisingly well. Maybe she was in shock?

She looked on in wonder as Eyon, in gargoyle form, walked over to them.

"Are you really a gargoyle?"

Nicole's eyes were drawn to his muscular chest of their own volition, traveling down to his tattered trousers. His erection was straining against them, leaving his cock clearly outlined, and what a cock it was. She licked her lips and his gaze followed her pink tip.

Eyon moved closer to her. "Ye're still in doubt, despite these?" He flapped his wings. He sounded the same, although louder, and due to the change, a hollow voice boomed at her.

"A little," she replied, mesmerized by his onyx-colored eyes, "But at the risk of sounding like a child, can you fly?"

Eyon nodded and took her free hand in his. "I know it is quite a lot to take in, but the best place to begin is by understanding our history."

She glanced from one gorgeous hunk...man...gargoyle, whatever they were, to the other. She wanted to be ravished by them both. At least she knew they were good lovers, but was that enough?

Then Eyon began talking again, almost to himself. "All those stone figures of gargoyles ye see perched on top of cathedral were just used as protection to ward off supposed evil spirits. We were, in fact, Guardians of the human race, fighting along side them in battles."

"This is all so strange!" It sounded like a spin off from Lord of the Rings, fascinating stuff. "A nice cup of tea would do just about now," she grumbled.

He smiled and continued. "We were young lads when the Vikings came." He looked over at a pensive Kieran. "I remember it as if it were yesterday. We were both hidden, as were other children, protected by magic. Rather than revealing the spells they had used to hide their children, our mothers sacrificed their lives, as did most of the other females. The Vikings wanted us as their slaves, to fight their wars. Our fathers were away fighting for our King at the time of the invasion..." he trailed off bitterly and closed his eyes.

"I am so sorry for your loss," Nicole whispered, looking from one grief-stricken man to the other.

Kieran lifted her hand and kissed the back of her palm, his eyes reflecting all he had lost also. "Thanks, but dinna be. It was many centuries ago."

Both men emitted a soft growl of pleasure when Nicole said, "And now you have me."

She blushed at their pleased looks. For several minutes, they remained staring at each other. The men watched their lovely mate, each struggling with the need to push her down on the bed. Instead, they climbed in beside her, wanting to feel her between their bodies. Her body, though covered, was driving them insane.

They wanted her to stay with them, so they needed to take things slowly, but it was damn hard. Now that they had found her, the need to be with her was overpowering. For the past week, they had avoided temptation by keeping busy with clan matters. But despite their best efforts, they couldn't help but daydream about her, much to their brethren's amusement.

The memories made Eyon chuckle. He looked over at a smiling Kieran and knew he shared the same thoughts.

"What's so funny?" Nicole asked, rubbing an unexpected itch on the side of her neck.

Eyon's sharp eyes zoomed in on the fading bite marks their fangs had left on her neck. "Does it hurt?" His fingertips rested gently on the side of her neck.

She frowned as she fingered the bite marks and then smiled with affection. "No, I think it is cute." She looked from Eyon to Kieran, shyly.

Delighted by her response, they smiled in unison. This outspoken honesty was hardly what they expected; yet in another sense, they were not surprised. Nicole was a fascinating and enchanting woman. Looking at her small hands, clasped in their larger ones, confirmed what they already knew, that she cared for them. This thrilled them to no end.

Nicole's face suddenly became pensive. She asked fretfully, "Are you both alone then?"

"There are few of our kind still in existence. Most of our kind died in our stone state or out of grief, due to the loss of our females," Kieran answered. He didn't want to tell her that they had committed suicide.

He heard Eyon sigh and turned his eyes towards him. He could see the pain on his cousin's face as he now sat immobile on the bed. Kieran knew it was equally hard for Eyon and it saddened him. Eyon, for all his stubborn disposition and determination, was rarely open with his feelings. They had both wanted to seek justice for the death of their mothers, although they were young lads at the time, and would have done so if not for the intervention of Eyon's father.

For centuries Kieran had ached with pain, hurt and anger over it. It had taken quite sometime to overcome the pain. There had been times when he'd been so desperate to feel his mother's touch, to hear her say that she loved him, as she often would. But now he would have his own family, his own sons, to love. If only his beloved mother was still around to see it.

As Kieran took over in telling Nicole about their history, Eyon let his mind wander. It was his father who had found them. It was days, maybe weeks later; they had all lost count of time. His father's words penetrated his mind as he held him tightly. 'Ye 'ave survived, my son, to fight another day.'

Furious and grief stricken, his father had sworn revenge, killing all that crossed his path, until it was foretold by a Seer that he would have a new family. The pain had caused his father, Laird Callum, to reach out to a local female Seer. She informed him that his son and nephew would one day mate with a human and this would ensure the continuation of the race, his bloodline, as well as mend past hurt and pain.

This appeared so improbable to his father, who had taken on such hatred for humans to escape the hurt, that the matter was referred to a greater authority, the Gargoyle Council. The Council had corroborated the Seer's story, but the matter was still universally discredited in the clan. Humans were considered the enemy. The clan would have never allowed a union of this nature, until now. Nicole unconscious caress of his hand pulled him from his thoughts.

Eyon looked at her tear-filled eyes as she listened patiently while Kieran painfully relived the last five centuries. She had no idea the impact she was about to make on the men's lives. Eyon's felt a tightening in his chest when he saw her tears. He observed the strain on Kieran's face and knew that her tears affected him also.

"Do gargoyles still hate humans?" she whispered.

As soon as the words left her lips, Nicole wished she could call them back. But Kieran was already answering. "We will never hurt ye. So ye have no need to fear us." He used a hand to wipe her tears. "Nicole, dinna cry. Ye'll make yerself sick."

"It is a sad story." She smiled as he wiped away her flowing tears.

"Yes, but restrain yer tears, sweets. It was a long time ago. We bear no hatred anymore."

"I believe you, I don't know why, but I need some time to take all this in. It's not every day that you find out gargoyles do exist and you're the mate of not one but two..."

Kieran placed a hand to her lips, halting her trembling rush of words. "We both intend to love ye together. We also want ye to remain with us." At her blush, he grinned.

"I..." Nicole found herself unable to speak, her eyes locked on the smoldering expression defining Kieran's face. This was something the men obviously thought through. "I... how long?"

Kieran chuckled and in sync, both men got up and straightened their large forms. Eyon had returned to his human form.

Kieran reached down and gathered Nicole into his arms. "Forever, Nicole," he replied.

He slowly bent his head to kiss her lips, but she pulled back and stated, "Forever is a long time. What if I want to leave?"

At her words, a spark of anger sliced through them. Nicole could practically see their jaws grinding. She gulped as Eyon reacted. He turned her head towards his, cupped her face in his huge hands and looked into her eyes. Nicole felt flushed and breathless, her heart fluttering in her chest.

Eyon's eyes were dark and as cold as hardened steel. "Never," he growled.

Nicole shuddered at the harshness in his tone; it had an edge of near violence that said this was not debatable.

"Do ye care for us, Nicole?" Eyon's question got Nicole's undivided attention as her heart pounded loudly in her chest.

They sensed that she did, based on her reaction to them, but they needed to hear it from her lips.

"Do ye care for us, Nicole?"

Eyon asked the question again, a question Nicole couldn't seem to answer. She felt frozen and she shifted uneasily as she pondered her feelings. The silence lingered on as they waited for her answer. Her mild reeled with things to say, but nothing came forth. She wanted to say 'Yes, I care for you both, I may even love you,' but the words remained lodged in her throat.