Gargouille Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alone in his bed last night, he'd laid awake, thinking of her, marveling over his unbelievable good fortune. Looking at the empty bed beside him, he'd thought with excitement of having her in it. He'd imagined her sandwiched between him and Kieran, his cock embedded in her ass, as Kieran's pierced her pussy. He'd even imagined her full lips forming the word "love" as they fucked her into oblivion.

Lost in this arousing image, he moaned a little and then caught himself. But apparently, it had not gone unnoticed. Both Keiran and Nicole were staring at him. Nobody said anything for a second or two.

"Uh.'Tis a short journey. But I dinna know if ye had much to eat. Are ye hungry?" Eyon said. His voice had deepened, his gaze still on her lips.

Nicole gave him a look of disgust. "Why?" she demanded.

Eyon stiffened. "Why?"

He moved to touch her.

"Don't." He pulled back.

Nicole noticed that his eyes had saddened and the mask of anger had disappeared to be replaced by sorrow. And once again she wasn't sure if she was seeing a different person before her or whether this was just a new aspect to his ploy to keep her in bondage.

Each man looked distinctly uncomfortable. "Do... ye hate us Nicole?" Eyon said sadly.

"I am really beyond hating where both of you are concerned."

"Nicole..." Kieran whispered. "Would ye rather believe we're not worthy of any emotion, not worth caring about in any way?"

He moved towards her. She wasn't sure what to do so she put her hands on his chest to ward him off . He barely moved, his strong frame inert to her force. His automatic reaction was to lift his hands up and grab her by the wrists, pinning her hands to his chest. Locked in his vice like grip, he leaned towards her and with low voice looked down at her separated lips taking in a glance of her bosom. He quickly looked deep into her eyes which radiated helplessness and defiance.

"Please, don't," she whispered turning her face away. Supporting both wrists with one muscular arm, he took her gently, and turned her face to him. She averted her eyes as he searched her face.

"Ye no longer care for us, Nicole?"

"I think the days of caring about how either of you feel are over." Nicole tried to pull her hands away but his strength meant it was up to him when she was released.

He grunted his displeasure.

"You both made it clear what I mean to you, so at least we know where we stand now," she murmured.

She heard a grunt of annoyance come from Eyon but decided to ignore it. If she had to look into his eyes, she might just blurt the truth—that she was pregnant and planning an escape.

"Why do ye torment me thus?" he asked, just as breathlessly. "Ye desire to punishment us, aye?"

"We could go our separate ways and forget we had ever met," Nicole offered.

Once more Kieran leaned forward. "That will never happen."

"Well, I guess there are some things even both of you can't control," she snapped.

Eyon's reply was swift and vehement. "Said who?"

Damn!

She'd thought she'd at least have the last word, but apparently not.

.. MW ..

Nicole woke with a startled cry. Her eyes popped open and she had an immediate awareness of her surroundings. I am at the Villa. Her heart pounding and her breath shallow, she sat up and looked around her bedroom.

"They're gone," she whispered to herself as she shivered and rubbed her arms to warm herself despite the warmth of her bedroom. She was always nervous these days. Since she decided on what she had to do to in order to keep her sanity. Last night they'd squeezed and caressed her, snuggling up to her sides. Their hard, warm bodies melding with her own. She could smell their arousal and had no doubt they could smell hers too. They couldn't seem to help themselves. Kieran had whispered in her ear that he'd never slept with a female before and not taken her, and the fact she was their mate made it even harder, but they would respect her request of no sex. For now.

They'd whispered how they loved her and how sorry they were. But memories of how they'd hurt her had kept her silent and rigid.

Nicole wasn't sure she could stand a repeat of last night any time soon. She might have displayed a will of iron, but her body would betray her eventually. The flesh always weakened. With her hormones on high due to her state, she was, ripe for the taking. Heated images swirled in her brain. She forced herself back to the present. There are important things you need to focus on, she chastised herself. Nicole closed her eyes and thanked whatever deity was looking out for her. If both men were to see her now, all fidgety and nervous, she had no doubt they would figure out what she had planned. She would be locked in their room with guards at the door. Nicole had no freedom. It may be gilded, but a cage was still a bloody cage. When they had arrived at the Villa, Nicole had calmly requested to have her own room.

"Ye share a room with us, Nicole. Of course ye are more than welcome to choose another room of yer liking, the Villa is large. But the end result will be the same," Eyon had said blandly.

Kieran growled at him, but Eyon didn't appear fazed in the least.

Nicole stared at him and said softly, "Do you wish to anger me, Eyon? If not, then you need to speak more kindly and watch your tone." She said it so sweetly that Eyon was momentarily distracted by her sweet melodic voice. There was however a hardened glint in her eyes. He spotted it. Eyon shook his head and his senses returned.

"Really," he murmured. His tone was pleasant, almost patient. That it was firm did not escape Nicole's mind. Her hands curled into fists. She had to fight hard from keeping them at her side in an effort not to punch him in the nose. Nicole glared at him. His brooding stare bore into hers, and she lowered her eyes, then looked over at Kieran; he stood in silence watching her. He appeared tired, barely himself.

This is unlike Kieran, she thought.

"We harbour ye no ill, Nicole," Kieran said wearily. "How about I show ye to our rooms?" He held out his hand. Nicole's brown eyes narrowed. Turning, she looked around. The large foyer was luxurious from top to bottom, with its opulent marble floor, to the large chandelier which hung from the ceiling high above her. She could see the ornate stairs which led to the second story and she sighed dreamily in awe, before facing him again. Her features softened, and her vulnerability was palpable.

"Okay." She accepted his hand. Nicole struggled to keep from snuggling her body closer to his as he led her down the hall. Luckily, she managed to contain herself.

Amazed at the turn of events, Nicole walked shakily as her pumps heel echoed on the marble floor. They then strode over to the magnificent marble staircase, moving up it quickly before leading her to a large doorway. Eyon followed ahead of them. They stopped as he opened a large brass door. Nicole gasped at the room she found herself in. Decorated in white with grey and gold, it was elegant and opulent. The master bedroom featured a gorgeous view of the pool and ocean through double French doors and despite herself, she loved it on sight.

"I hope ye find this to yer liking?" Eyon said, his voice hesitant and hopeful. However, Nicole didn't even acknowledge him, but moved to one of the two other doors in the beautiful room. In the first, she found a sitting area, overlooking the ocean, and in the other, a luxurious bathroom stocked with everything she could ever need or want, plus a large Jacuzzi. It was a dream.

That had been three days ago. ..Nicole sighed moodily and looked out the large window. Since arriving, they hadn't broached the discussion they'd had on the plane, despite the way it hovered in the air between them. Nicole had been glad for that. Still, the men seemed out of sorts. Something else beside her defiance was eating at them, especially Kieran. Nicole on occasion had observed Eyon giving him warning looks when she had asked what was wrong. But despite wanting the men to divulge their secret, Nicole had one of her own. It hung over her head like a proverbial sword held precariously by a thread. Nicole continued to duck it, and the truth.

She had managed her morning sickness so far by eating small, frequent snacks throughout the day, and drinking ginger tea at nights. What she needed most was to spend more time outside, to enjoy the fresh air. She was used to having work to do. Being confined didn't sit well with her, no matter how beautiful the place or rather the prison and the jailers were.

A single tear slid down her face as she tried to deny what she knew in her heart. She loved them. Leaving them was going to break her, but she had no choice. During her confinement in Scotland, Nicole had called the only person she thought could help her, the very person who had gotten her in this situation in the first place, her former boss Ewan. Nicole had called his phone, upon his voice mail chipping in she had left a message for him to call her as soon as possible. He had responded shortly after.

"Hi, Ewan. Thanks for returning my call. How are you?"

"I am fine Nicole. Keisha and I haven't heard from you in a while. How are you? You haven't turned into a gargoyle, have you?"

Nicole smiled. Ewan was such a kidder. But she was in no mood for jokes.

"I need your help," she said bluntly. Why delay, she thought.

"Help? Nicole what's wrong?" Concern laced his voice.

She took a deep breath. "I wish to get way from here."

The line went quiet. She could practically hear the rhythmic beating of his heart through the phone.

"Why?" he simply responded.

"Why?" she hissed. "Let me tell you why. They brought Aryan, their former fiancée into the house without so much as telling me and not only that, someone tried to kill me and I think it's her brother, Neal. They're a bunch of controlling liars!"

Hypocrite.

Sighing, he went on carefully. "They must have a reason for not telling you. They could be trying to protect you. Gargoyles are very protective and authoritarian leaders. I am sure they're only trying to protect Aryan as well."

"I don't care for your explanation, Ewan! It was you that set this whole thing up."

"I see," he said thoughtfully, "so you blame me then?"

Nicole bit back a scratching remark; after all, she needed his help.

"I am sorry Nicole; I understand your hurt and remorse over this. I can also understand why you wish to leave. But I cannot in all conscience aid you in this quest. As a shifter myself, I know what it's like to find your mate. To lose that mate is worse than death itself."

"If you won't help me I'll find someone who will," she said furiously.

"Don't be foolish, Nicole. Do you think they will not find you?"

"Maybe," Nicole said, feeling her stress level rise dramatically. Her anxieties made her want to throw up. "But I'll deal with the consequences then."

He sighed deeply. "Are you so eager to see me dead? Cause that's what will happen if I should help you leave them, Nicole. I thought things were going well for you and my friends?"

"Well you thought wrong," she said sourly.

He ignored her tart response. "Has either of them hit you?" He didn't think they would, but needed to be sure anyway.

"No."

"I didn't think so, but had to ask," Ewan said, with a sinking feeling in his stomach. He just hoped his friends both retained enough sensible judgment to not kill him for even listening to this. The last thing he needed was two angry gargoyles both vying to kill him.

"I-I thought it was against Shifters law to kill another." The words tumbled from her lips.

"Under ordinary circumstances, they're not," Ewan explained. "Well, this is not normal. Helping a Chosen to leave her mate, or in this case, mates, is a whole other set of rules. This is punishable crime by death. This law is legendary."

"You're not even a gargoyle."

Ewan chuckled, "Heaven forbid. I am a wolf but I am still a Shifter, so the rules apply nevertheless. I..."

Here it comes, she thought.

"I'm sorry, Nicole. I can't help you leave them. Besides, I think your unhappiness right now stems more from your relationship with your mother than from anything the men have done."

A desire to shoot him upon sight passed through her. "What relationship? Are you talking about yourself?" Nicole knew he had a tremulous relationship with his own mother, who had abandon him when he was five. It was a low blow, but he started it. He deserved to be embarrassed for bringing up my mother. How dare him! Here she was, living among gargoyles, shifters and for all intents and purposes, a member of the clan—well, almost. Yet she was still being treated as a medieval scullery maid! Never mind the fact that she was not allowed outside the manor alone. Ewan was lucky she couldn't punch him in the face. Still, she needed his help. She couldn't afford to upset him any further.

When he didn't respond she said, "I am sorry. But we don't have a relationship. It's just sex. Ewan, you have to understand my frustration. Eyon and Kieran expect me to bear their children, be a dutiful mate or whatever, and keep my mouth shut. Well I cannot accept that I'll never be more."

"And you expect them to bend to what you want, be the person you want them to be," he reminded her. "I understand. You want what you want because you are human and you also love them."

Nicole wanted to scream. But she knew Kieran and Eyon possessed exceptional gargoyle hearing and she would hate for them to find out her plans. "But they expect me to spread my legs at the snap of their fingers. They kept me away from my family. Then they tell me when I can speak to them. When I finally thought I had some freedom, they continued to be controlling—driven to fuck me whenever they want. And I'm supposed to lie on my back and take it like a good little lady."

"But feeling as you do doesn't instantly change them from being gargoyles, Nicole. They have been around for almost a thousand years. I'd call that behavior set in one's ways, wouldn't you?"

"I knew they were old, but behavior can be changed. Being old as the hills still does not give them right to lord over me."

He laughed. "Maybe so. But, do you understand the point I am making? Nicole, you can't expect that Eyon or Kieran will become complacent and allow you to do as you please, now that they have found you. They have been reared to believe women are the meeker sex and need to be protected, especially their mate. While they are fair and just leaders, they also have a lot of pressure on them. They are among the eldest of gargoyles and are highly respected. For most of their lives others have feared them. Women flock to them and never dare challenge their authority. Now they finally found their mate, who is head strong and stubborn. Suddenly, they found themselves in a new territory. They love you, but can't control you."

"What you're saying is neither here nor there. We are no longer in medieval Scotland. They can't throw around their 'do as I say or else' behavior and get their way."

"I'm thinking they're not the only one."

She gritted her teeth. "If I didn't need your help, I'd tell you what to stick up your ass!"

He chuckled. The man was doughty.

"Nicole, you sure this is what you want? Do you want me to talk to Eyon and Kieran?" he asked his voice full of concern.

"Yes and no," she said succinctly.

There was a moment of unintelligible mumbling on the line. "Okay."

"Really Ewan? She said. Shocked, but pleased.

He sighed. "Don't let me live to regret this."

Nicole's voice dropped lower. "Thank you."

"I will call you back when I have a plan."

"Okay." Nicole ended the call.

She tumbled from her thoughts as her phone vibrated. Nicole stared wide eyed at the name on display. She had expected the call, but not at this early hour. She pressed the connect button and darted off into the bathroom. Her bladder was full.

"Good morning, mother," she answered, her voice a little breathless as she pulled her knickers down and sat on the porcelain throne.

"Nicole, are you okay?"

What? Not even a good morning?

"I am fine." She sighed inwardly and released the flow - slowly. Her mother would have an aneurysm should she hear.

"Then why are you whispering?"

"I am not whispering. I just woke up is all!"

"You were still sleep at this time of the day?" her mother retorted.

Nicole sighed. "Did you call me to lecture me on the correct time of the day to wake up?" Nicole's eyes found the clock on the wall.

"You were always an early riser, I never though you as one to lounge around all day in bed."

"Mom, it's just nine o'clock and I am on holiday. I am allowed to sleep in as long as I like."

"Is he there with you?"

"Who?" the word was impatient, clipped and annoyed.

"Nicole stop being ridiculous. Who do you think? Your Scottish boyfriend of course." Her mom sounded bored, but Nicole knew better. She was gagging for an argument.

Nicole had not been forthcoming when she had told her mom she had met someone in Scotland and would be spending some time there. She didn't think this was a good time to tell her mother she was pregnant and with two men, not one. Her mom might be an understanding conventional type but she didn't think she would take kindly to hearing such news at this time.

"Is that what you called to talk about?"

"Don't be impertinent Nicole. Why would I want to talk about him, he's not my child." She huffed. "You, on the other hand, are. Now, when will I be able to see you? It's been more than four months now."

When Nicole failed to respond, Hyacinth said, "Nicole, stop being a spoilt brat and answer me. I am not your father who you can twirl around your little fingers."

Nicole remained quiet.

"Nicole! Nicole!" Hyacinth shouted into the receiver.

She took a deep breath. "Mother, I will give you a call and tell you when I am coming." She paced the words as if speaking to a child.

"Don't speak to me like I am a child or one of the customers at your bank, miss big woman." Hyacinth said impatiently, her Jamaican accent brimming under the surface. "You can hide behind a phone for only so long, you hear! I am no fool."

Nicole panicked. Had blabber mouth Keisha told her something? "Mom what's that supposed to mean? I am not hiding."

"You were never a good liar. Whatever secrets you are hiding about his man of yours I will find out."

Nicole was rendered speechless. What could she offer to top that statement?

"I will be expecting a call from you after you have dragged your tired used up body from bed." Hyacinth hung up.

Nicole sighed. Cleaning herself, Nicole got up, flushed the toilet and washed her hands. She went back to the bedroom and dropped down on the bed gladly. The events of the last few minutes had tired her more than she realized. Her legs were shaking under her, and she was thankful she was lying down. After a few minutes, upon gathering her equilibrium, she slowly pulled a blanket to cover her legs. There was a soft knock on the bedroom door.

"Is that you, Aodh?" she asked involuntarily, though she knew that the question was unnecessary, for he normally came to her room at this time of the morning, to not only bring her a platter of food, but to ask her the same question he has been asking for the past three days.

"Good morning, my lady. Are ye coming down for lunch? Chef is cooking grilled salmon, yer favourite." At her snort, he said, "Do ye wish me to bring it to ye or would ye rather come to the table?"

"Thank you," she said. "But I'm not hungry."

By the gods, the lady was a handful! "My lady... ye must eat." He carried the tray into the room. Nicole pulled the blanket up over her shoulders. Her eyes moved up to note his entrance. He bowed his head in respect to her before placing the tray on the table. He had brought her tea with honey, some scones, jam, a bowl of various fruits and a pitcher of ice tea. Things she loved for breakfast, since she had pointedly refused to leave her room and dine with the men. Nicole felt bored at times. She had emailed the few people she'd decided to make an attempt to get in touch with, but replies were sparse. She hadn't contacted them in months. What did she expect?