Gargouille Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nicole had plenty to keep her occupied. She glanced over at the multitude of books, magazine and other tidbits the men had bought to keep her entertained. She didn't know why they even bothered, as she had yet to even take them from the wrappers. Yet they still kept on bringing her gifts.

Yesterday Eyon had asked her if she wanted to take a tour of Venice on a Gondola ride. It would be just the three of them. It would have been a special and romantic experience, but Nicole had just ignored him. Her heart had sunk when she saw his face. He didn't respond. But disappointment and anger had darkened it. She had so wanted to say, yes, I would love to. God, she could be stubborn.

Venice was a beautiful city; the last time Nicole had visited Italy it was with her mom. It had been a small group tour, where they had a fascinating day trip to Naples and Pompeii, accompanied by an expert guide who was passionate about Roman history. She had thoroughly enjoyed it and had wanted to go to Venice.

Now she was here and all she did was hide away in her room like a child. Nicole would have loved to go shopping, yachting and sightseeing with the men. But she hated them right now, and planned to wither away in her room. Sounded daft, she knew. But she wasn't feeling particularly smart right now. Nicole sighed. She felt confused and sad- more of one than the other, maybe the same.

He continued. "Surely ye realized ye must keep up yer strength. How else can ye become a proper gargoyle mate?" He groaned at his own boldness. Christ teeth, 'tis no way to speak to his lieges' mate. What was he thinking? Still, they shared such a warm relationship that he felt comfortable talking to her thus.

"At least you have a sense of humor, Aodh," she said, feeling lighter than she had in the last several hours. "Maybe you should lend some to your Lairds."

He heard her move on the bed and looked up to find that she had wrapped herself tightly in the coverlet and was approaching the table. He took a step back to allow her room to sit. She smiled up at him. "So you brought me my favorite goodies. Thank you."

Aodh was dumbstruck for a moment by her radiant beauty, but recovered quickly. Taking up the pot of tea, he poured it in a cup and added a drop of honey, just the way she liked it, as Nicole picked up one of the scones and spread it heavily with jam and took a bite. It melted in her mouth. Then a sudden, inexplicable wave of nausea hit her and she shivered.

"Lady Nicole, ye feeling ill?" a worried voice murmured at her ear.

Nicole started. She had forgotten Aodh for a second. "I- I am fine. Just need some fresh air is all," she said evasively.

Aodh's devotion to the Lairds was a kind of loyalty that only happened centuries ago. "My lady, the Lairds are free and await ye, all ye have to do is talk to them. Why, today is a fine day as any for yachting. Dinna ye think?" he suggested tentatively. It was a good idea, but at the moment it sounded almost laughable.

Nicole felt a hysterical desire to laugh which nearly turned into tears, but she checked herself. "No, no. I don't want to take them from their secret affairs and duties."

"Ye know that's not true my lady. A bit of fresh air may make ye feel better. What about the in-door pool?" Aodh suggested persuasively, willing to do anything to see the mistress happy.

"No, Aodh. I will be fine," she said gently.

Aodh heaved a weary sigh. His own nerves were shot and his habit of drinking large quantities of brandy and sometimes whisky at any hour of the day or night was getting to him. The Lairds were in a terrible mood.

"Would ye like the windows opened?" he persisted expectantly.

She let him open the windows more for his own contentment than for her own. "Thanks Aodh. I need not remind you again I won't be down for lunch or dinner," she said slowly, avoiding his concerned gaze.

"They are hurting, my lady," replied Aodh solemnly. "Laird Kieran is restless, he is always so when you have differences. Laird Eyon doesna talk but he's hurting as well."

Good. She looked up for a moment thoughtfully at the man standing before her. Aodh was a handsome older man. He had broad shoulders and muscular arms, his build massive, more bulky that that of Kieran or Eyon's. His red hair was thick, which he wore long, framing a chiseled handsome face with intense green eyes. She hoped he treated his woman better than how she was being treated. He seemed a more reasonable type, so there was hope. Nicole watched him flush under her intense stare, and smiled.

She shifted her gaze to the window at the bright sunny sky. All her nervous fears had vanished in speaking to Aodh, who was the embodiment of practical common sense; earlier, when unexpected queasiness had taken such a hold on her, she had forgotten that he was within, faithful and devoted.

Nicole picked up the remaining scone, and took a bite again, forcing herself to eat. Though her mouth chewed slowly and mechanically, she could not enjoy what she was eating, and all the time her eyes were looking back and forth at the closed door, waiting, practically begging her to go through. She wanted to. She wanted to leave so badly- to go to her men. But why should she? They would only have won- Again. Damn them! Why do they have to be like this? Why did she have to love them so? Why did they say they loved her yet kept things from her? Make her hope for that happily ever after life? Why? Why? Why?

God she hated them!

Sitting up straight in her chair, she finally found her voice to answer. "Enough hurt that they'd confide in me?" Nicole said flippantly. That would solve all of her problems- If Eyon and Kieran were the ones to tell her and prevent what was about to happen. She most certainly was not going to go crawling back and have to jeopardize her pride for those two.

"Please my lady ye need to be more patient."

"I was afraid you'd say that," Nicole murmured. Pushing the tray, she touched the chair opposite her.

"Have a seat, Aodh." He hesitated, but did as she asked. She made him a cup of tea. Not wishing to seem disrespectful to his mistress, he accepted. "May I ask you something?"

"Ye may ask me anything ye like, my lady."

"Were you forced to be here, Aodh?"

Aodh blinked, almost dropping the cup in his lap. After a moment he looked at her and said. "No, my Lady, I have known the Lairds since they were young men. I chose to serve them, 'tis my honor to do so." He shifted his gaze.

"Good. Glad to know one of us was not taken against their will. You are a loyal person. Anyone would be happy to have you as a friend or employee."

At this, Aodh turned to face her. "My...Lady, I know that ye may find the Lairds' approach heavy handed, but I swear to ye that they have only the most honorable and loving intentions towards ye."

Nicole snorted at him. "Honorable you say. And let's consider their idea of loving. Really Aodh? Is that what you call ordering me to stay in my room?"

His face warmed. "Laird Eyon and Kieran acted without thinking my lady. A decision they have surely came to regret. Ye are a treasure they hold at the highest level and would see no harm befall thee."

There was a pause. At length, in the quietness, came her voice, hard and indifferent. "So that's how you see it?" she said coldly.

She looked pointedly at him. "Let me tell you how things looked from my point of view. Your precious Lairds are looking for a pet to appease them when the mood suits. I am not from medieval times where I am subservient to a man. These are modern times so if they want me to stay with them they need to get with the programme. They lie to me, then keep me from my family, fuck me," she ignored Aodh's flinch at the use of that word, "and then blackmailed me by promising that if I misbehaved and didn't agree to whatever they said not only would they set a hound at my door, but they'd keep me as a prisoner, as I am their mate. Cave men! Oppressive and demeaning is more like it!"

Aodh took a deep breath, keeping his features stoic. "I regret that ye feel that way. I only hope in time that you come to appreciate the honour bestowed upon ye as the mate to the Lairds." He got up, collected the tray, and stood looking at her.

"Of course you'd think that. You're prehistoric as them." Aodh bowed to her and backed out. "No doubt you are running off to tell your Neanderthal masters what I truly think of them."

Nicole watched him go, and sighed heavily as the door closed a few seconds later. Her limbs heavy and lethargic, she stretched in her bedroom, flexing her neck. She rotated her shoulders and walked around the room in circles. It was something she'd done each morning to keep her body active. This morning, though, she had forgotten to so after receiving a call from her termagant mother. That call had been draining to say the least. Her hand drifted down to her stomach, a sense of utter contentment filling her despite the miserable way she felt. She knew the problems this would cause, should the men find out before her plan bore fruit, but for the moment those problems were distant, unimportant compared to the joy she felt.

Nicole lay back on the bed, trying to sort out her tangled thoughts and emotions. The men had a right to know. On the other hand, they would use the baby to hold her if she wanted to be free. And Nicole knew she could never leave her child. Bleak despair filled her whenever she thought of a future without Eyon or Kieran, but she had to leave, despite her love for them. Since the day they refused to confide in her after finding out Aryan had been living under their roof for god knows how long, she had been subconsciously preparing for the time when she would leave them. It was obvious they only see her as their bed warmer. That much was clear in her mind.

Nicole looked up as the door slowly opened, and for a moment could only stare in wonder, looking at Eyon standing at the door. There were times when his sheer physical beauty just caught at her. Just the sight of him made her heart leap and her pussy grow moist. He had cut his hair a bit shorter. Oddly enough, it didn't make him any less intimidating. If anything, he looked even more untamed now that it was clear just how well defined his face was. Nicole found that she liked the new look. He looked ruggedly handsome, a true warrior. God, she wanted him. It wasn't a comfortable sensation for her. Nicole swallowed hard. Eyon was here, all she needed was for Kieran to show up and make her even more overwhelmed.

Eyon watched Nicole the same way, the sight of her sending a jolt of heat straight to his cock. God the woman was sexy, with her full lips and bedroom brown eyes. He had been concerned and angry when Aodh had informed him Nicole was unwell. Plus the fact that Nicole had ignored all their attempts at taking care of her angered him to no end. His inner beast was just about at its wit's end. Nicole was his. She knew it. Christ's blood the woman was stubborn. Then he saw the way she attempted to hide her feelings for him. He was suddenly filled with anger again. He swallowed hard before he lost his temper.

"Aodh informed me that ye aren't feeling well." He walked over to the bed and stood looking down at her.

"I figured that he would." Her voice twitched nervously. "But as you can see I am fine."

She was lying.

"Then why are ye still abed?" Eyon knew Nicole was on occasion an early riser, but even he could tell the difference between the soft nighties she still had on. She also hadn't removed the head scarf she had worn to bed last night which kept her hair tamed. Clearly, she was attempting to hide something. What was she hiding, Eyon wondered? He aimed to find out. Soon.

He sat down on the edge of the bed, studying her intently, as if to assure himself that she was really okay. "Are ye telling the truth Nicole?"

She lifted her chin, not liking his tone. "As I told you before, I am well, and I'd appreciate it if..." Suddenly, her stomach lurched, and she swallowed hard, trying not to retch. Shit, she thought. Not bleeding now. Come on sweet baby, be good for mommy. As sudden as it came, it stopped.

To Eyon's surprise, she paled considerably as she met his gaze. Fear glimmered in her eyes before it vanished, making him think he'd been mistaken. Narrowing his gaze at her, he watched her expression become wary as her eyes met his. No, he'd not made a mistake. She'd simply buried her fear beneath a serene expression. His mate was most definitely hiding something. But what was it?

They rarely spent time together since arriving in Venice. This was supposed to be a holiday to bring them together. But Nicole was proving to be very stubborn indeed. He needed her desperately, to reassure himself once again that she was truly his. He needed to strengthen the bond between them, to draw her even closer with ties as old as time. But they'd promised to give her time. But how long should they wait for her to make the first move? And when or if she did, lord help her. He would have to wait though. Wait on her. It was maddening. Clearing his thoughts, unsurprised to find his cock hard, he said, "What would ye like to do today?"

"Nothing that involved you or Kieran," Nicole answered with rueful truthfulness, shaking away the sensual lethargy that had been stealing over her.

He winced. "Nicole, I know we might have spoken harshly..."

"Might have?" she interrupted, arching a brow.

He frowned at her again, but Nicole was becoming quite immune to those black looks. Not that she had ever feared them. Well, maybe just a little. They were after all very large and intimidating.

"I'm used to speaking bluntly, and I was angry," Eyon said. "I'm also not accustomed to someone ignoring my orders."

Though she tried to hide her body with the blanket, it was thin. Eyon's eyes roamed over her voluptuous and tempting full breasts. He remembered how they looked. How they fitted into his large palm quite nicely. The notion of pulling away the bedding to rediscover them sent blood surging through his veins until he was rock hard- harder than he'd been in days. He wanted to see his hands caressing her breasts— and to watch her face as she responded to his touch. If he were to dip his fingers into her sweet pussy, would it still be warm and sticky like the honey that flowed so sweetly from the bee? He could smell her. He knew she was seeping. Would she allow him a touch? It was a tempting thought that tugged at him with relentless persistence. He wanted to plunge into her, feel her spasms as she climaxed over his cock.

Nicole shivered. Good heavens, but the man's voice and eyes had the ability to reduce her to the state of a tongue-tied mess. And was that regret she saw in his green eyes? Regret mixed with desire. Her throat tightened as she saw his gaze slide over her again. Heat returned to her cheeks, and she quickly looked away to prevent him from seeing how much his open lust excited her. It was difficult to think straight when he looked at her like that. Briefly, Nicole wondered if secretly she liked to be dominated. She quickly dismissed the thought.

"Are you trying to apologize?" Attempting to sound blunt and unaffected, she planted a weak smile on her face, and said tartly, "Of course I was upset at both your callous behavior, but at this point, I really not in the mood to discuss this. I am not one of your servants or men to be ordered about. I would appreciate it if you'd leave me be."

He frowned as if her response surprised him. "I suppose I deserved that. Ye are not my servant nor were brought up in our ways. Not everything is about my duty to my clan, but I've grown so used to behaving and doing things in a certain way, I'm not sure I know how to be any other way."

Nicole was shocked that her words had made an impact. "Haven't you ever wanted to change?"

He looked thoughtful. "Perhaps."

She tilted her head, studying him curiously. "Why is sharing your thoughts so difficult for you? I know both you and Kieran were thrust into this position at a young age. But you both must have wanted to have someone to talk to? Someone to listen to your problems? Being responsible for so many people, it must have be an incredible burden to shoulder alone. Having someone to talk to and share your problems might make it easier. Don't you think so?"

He held her gaze. From his silence, it appeared he was waging some kind of internal debate. She was pleased when he answered her but not with the content. "Nay. Because as leaders, it is my duty as well as Kieran's to keep our own counsel. We have seen much bloodshed and know only too well the harm that can come when we divulge certain information."

"Like information you're keeping from me?"

"Aye," he responded softly.

Across from him, Nicole lay immobile, assessing him with a wary look. Tension drifted through the air between them, the clock the only sound in the room. She laid a soft hand on his chest, instantly becoming distracted by the tight muscle she felt there. She feigned vast indifference, as she looked at him. Hoping she could hide her trembling desire from him.

"You need not say more, Eyon. I'm actually grateful for the little you share."

"I dinna want yer gratitude," he growled, pulling her against him and leaving little question as to what he did want.

"Eyon leave me alone. I need to be alone for a little while," she said, trying to make her face impassive and her body rigid. Dear God, why can't he just leave? She groaned inwardly.

"It's ok if ye're feeling tired," he whispered into her ear, "but can I at least hold ye."

"I am not tired," she said weakly. She must have shivered because Eyon had her in his lap immediately. "Are ye okay? Do ye feel all right?"

Christ, he was concerned for her health. That should have been sweet, but she was not sick. Right now she was fighting her desire for him. What was wrong with her, for bloody sake? Why was the baby so restless today?Sure Nicole, blame your sexual hunger on the baby, she scolded herself. Though he was gentle and stroked her for a long time, she remained tense under his hands.

"Eyon," Nicole croaked, pulling away from him. He let her go and watched as she crawled of his lap and lay back on the bed, bringing the blanket to her chin. Slowly he smiled. Nicole could not move. She was having trouble remembering why she hated him. Then it hit her. She hated him.

Recklessly she said, "It must make you feel powerful to don't have to rely on anyone else. You've started to believe that. You may be a gargoyle, but you aren't invincible. People need one another. Even if they're different in genetics. Your mother's death was brutal and evil. But you are wrong to distrust others."

She saw the pulse below his jaw and wondered if she'd gone too far.

"Ye speak falsely," he said. "I knew ye are upset but matters cannot be helped. This isn't some fable ye have read about. This is real life and nothing you do, or no matter how detached ye try to be is going to change that."

Nicole gasped, feeling as if he'd just kicked her in the gut. Bastard! Was she so transparent? Had they seen her attempts to avoid them as some pathetic attempt to hide her feelings? Or perhaps attempt to get them to confide?

She cringed, wondering if he was right. Pride made her say, "Oh just shut it. I think you want it that way. You want to be alone. So be it."

"Do ye think to anger me?" He was amused.

Nicole snorted. Damn the man was loathsome. "As if I could," she hissed, her heart beating wildly.

Nicole's breasts rose and fell harshly. His voice and nearness summoned a heat that threatened to consume her. A fire she was determined to deny. Her mind must be stronger than her body. Lord, she was so weak. Nicole ground her teeth together.