Gaslight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"All right, hold your horses. It needs to warm up," the pilot replied.

"Come on!" I screamed as David appeared naked in the doorway with the fusegun in his hand. He fired it again but his aim was off, a tree behind us bursting into flame as the pilot screamed in terror.

"Oh my life!" he cried, yanking at a lever and sending us skywards. As we lifted into the air, David ran forwards and grabbed the railing, gripping it tightly and scowling up at Evelyn, the fusegun dangling behind him.

"Get him off here," the pilot said. "She can't take four. We'll all go down."

I kicked at David's hand as the steamcrate wobbled and shook, sinking like a stone as the pilot fought at the controls. Just as it looked as if we might slam into the ground it rose again, shaking left and right but slowly moving out over the cliff until we were above the harbour. David growled at me as I kicked his hand again, bringing his other arm up until the fusegun was pointing at me. He went to pull the trigger as Evelyn shoved his arm and the shot fired directly into the control panel.

The steamcrate plummeted down in seconds, plunging into the icy cold water of the harbour before any of us had a chance to react. I kicked hard for the surface and burst out above the waves a moment later, gasping for air. "Evelyn!" I cried, spitting out saltwater as I began to swim in circles. She appeared beside me a moment later and the two of us swam for the harbour wall, glancing back to see if David might appear.

His head broke the surface a moment later but he'd lost the fusegun. He screamed with rage at the sight of the two of us and began to swim after us just as the steamcrate pilot floated up beside him. "You broke my bloody crate!" the pilot shouted, diving on David and pulling him back under.

"Get off me!" David cried, trying to fight him off. "You'll drown us both."

I looked forwards in time to spot the ladder set into the harbour wall. I reached it a second later and looked back to see a pleasure steamship coming in to land on the water. The pilot saw it first, swimming forwards away from the lowering jet furnaces. David wasn't looking up, he was looking at something floating near him. I squinted and then I saw it, a glowing object in the dark, the fusegun. He flung his arms forwards and grabbed it, yelling in triumph as he lifted it from the water and pointed it towards us. "Any last words," he screamed.

"Look up," I shouted back and he glanced upwards just in time to see the furnace of the steamship swallow him up, the hull of the ship sinking into the water of the harbour as his screams faded away into nothing.

Shivering, I stood upright with Evelyn beside me. The pilot climbed up the ladder and stormed off, not looking back. "Come on," I said at last, tearing Evelyn's gaze from the harbour. "Let's go get dry."

I took her hand and led her through the empty harbour to the busy streets, weaving our way through the crowds until we reached my house. I brought her inside and closed the door, locking it carefully before lighting a single gaslamp. In the orange glow I could see her shivering, her eyes wild, her teeth chattering.

"Out of those wet things," I said and she blinked as if noticing me for the first time.

"Huh?"

"You need to get out of those wet things and quick before you freeze to death."

She didn't seem to understand so I undressed her, trying my best not to look at the exposed skin that came into view. Once she was naked I whipped off my own clothes and then dragged her to my bedroom, the only room with a fire. It was gas powered and about the only thing in the house that worked properly. A flick of a lever and it flared into life, the room instantly heating up as I pulled back the blankets and motioned for Evelyn to climb in.

She did so as if in a daze and I climbed in beside her, wrapping my arms round her and pulling her body against mine. We soon began to warm up and as we did so I became aware of the feel of her skin against me, my nipples hardening as they brushed over her flesh, my pussy becoming wet as her thigh slid between my legs, her hands lowering to my bottom, cupping my buttocks gently.

I stared into her eyes, our mouths no more than an inch apart. "He's dead," she whispered.

"I know," I replied, stroking her hair and trying not to picture those luscious lips of hers pressing against mine. "Who was he?"

"It's a long story," she replied, looking as if she was on the verge of kissing me. Her hands squeezed my bottom as she slid her thigh upwards so it was pressing against my pussy. I shuddered with desire and was about to kiss her when she rolled onto her back. "We should get some sleep," she said coldly. "I'll take you to Olivia tomorrow."

I lay on my back feeling both crushed and rejected. Did she not like me? It was some time before I fell asleep and I found myself staring at her as I did so, my slumber filled with dreams of her sliding those delicate fingers into me.

I awoke the next morning to the sound of hammering on my front door. I wrapped a dressing gown around me and went to answer it as Evelyn stirred in bed. I unlocked the door and opened it to find two autocops holding out a warrant for Evelyn's arrest. "What's this about?" I asked, looking down at the paper.

The recorded voice emerged from the autocop's metallic mouth. "We are arresting Evelyn Warnock for the murder of David Warnock. Please step aside and allow us to do our duty."

I could only watch in stunned silence as they barged past me and grabbed Evelyn who had barely had time to get dressed. "Where are you taking her?" I asked, grabbing one of them by the arm.

"It's all right Cat," she smiled at me. "I'll sort this out."

"But what about Olivia? What about you?" They dragged her outside, leaving me standing in the doorway. "What about us?" I cried, unsure whether to chase after them. I decided against it. What good would it do if we were both locked up? I stood there for a moment and then an idea entered my head. I dressed quickly before running through the streets towards the peeler cells. Happy New Year, I thought to myself as I sprinted along the empty litter strewn streets. What a great start to 1892.

I reached the cellhouse and stood outside for a moment to catch my breath before knocking on the door. The hatch slid open and a pair of suspicious eyes appeared. "Yes?"

"I've a new year's gift for you from the council."

"What is it?"

"Has to be given in person."

"I can't just let anyone in here you know? Now what's the gift?"

"Me."

The hatch slid shut and then the door opened. I found myself looking at a private peeler, no doubt the only person willing to work the New Year's Day morning shift. He locked the door behind us before leading me through to the holding room. Through the bars I could see Evelyn laid on the metal bed. She glanced across at me and her mouth opened. I shook my head almost imperceptibly and she immediately realised, lying back as if she'd never moved.

"So you've come from Sophia have you?" the peeler grinned.

"Sit down," I replied. "I've a show for you."

He slouched in his chair as I began to dance as I had done for David. As I slowly stripped I caught sight of Evelyn watching me and I found myself trying to impress her as much as the peeler. As I removed my corset I thrust my breasts towards her, rewarded by a silent smile on her face as she stared back at me. Turning to the peeler I leaned down and took his cuffs from his waistband, clicking one end round his left wrist and the other to the metal bar of the cell behind him.

"What's this about?" he asked, yanking at his wrist.

"Don't want you to spoil the show," I replied, pressing his head between my breasts. He groaned loudly as I reached behind me and grabbed the keys from his desk, tossing them through to Evelyn. I sank to my knees as the peeler grinned at me, his face flushed. I undid his trousers and reached in for his cock, bringing it into view and gripping it in both hands. I began to flick my tongue over the bulbous head as Evelyn quietly unlocked the cell door behind him. The key jangled loudly and the peeler began turning his head so I took him deep into my mouth, drawing his attention back to me. I sucked him to the back of my throat, becoming distracted by the pleasure of his flesh in me and almost forgetting that I was doing this so he wouldn't notice Evelyn escape. I lifted my mouth off him for a moment. "Close your eyes," I whispered, sucking him all the way into my mouth until I could hardly breathe.

Within seconds his cock began to spasm and I pulled my lips back to the tip of him just as he came, my throat filled with his hot cum as he groaned above me, his bound wrist yanking at the cuff holding him in place. I caught a glimpse of Evelyn tiptoeing past me as I squeezed the last drops from his prick, loving the taste of him on my tongue. I stood up and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Happy New Year," I grinned, turning and leaving through the open door to find Evelyn waiting outside.

"How long before he notices I'm gone?" she asked.

A siren began to wail in the cellhouse behind us. "That long," I replied. "Come on!"

We ran towards the steamcrate depot, finding one unmanned at the edge of the yard. Evelyn leapt on as the sirens continued to wail in the distance behind us. She yanked at the panel under the controls and wrapped wires together, the crate juddering into life as a man in overalls appeared at the other side of the yard. "Oi! What you doing?" he yelled, running over just as the crate rose into the air. He jumped for the railing but missed, falling back to the ground as I sighed with relief.

"Where are we going?" I asked as the town began to shrink into the distance below us.

"You'll see," she replied, setting the autopilot to work before turning to me. "Thank you by the way."

"What for?"

"For rescuing me."

"You're welcome."

We were both silent for a moment and I thought she was going to kiss me but then she turned away and looked down at the land far below. "David was my husband," she said quietly. "I never loved him though."

"Oh," I said, not sure how to react.

"I have a desire that the council don't approve of," she sighed, as if struggling to find the right words. "I like women, not men." My heart soared at those words although I managed to keep quiet, not wanting to interrupt her. "My family made me marry him, they couldn't bear the shame of a deviant in their midst. He knew as well as I did that my heart wasn't in it. The prohibition of sex was perfect for me but he just got angrier and angrier. I knew he was looking for it elsewhere and I thought if I caught him I'd be able to get some kind of divorce on the grounds of adultery. Or be sent for re-education. I don't know, I just...I didn't want him dead Cat." She turned to me, taking my hand in hers. "You do believe me don't you? I never wanted him dead."

"I know," I said quietly. "I know. Tell me one thing though."

"Anything."

"How did you decide you loved women?" I'd only asked to distract her but it worked, a smile spreading slowly across her lips.

"I was eighteen and so was she. It was just after the prohibition started and we were out swimming. I'd often looked at her with a strange feeling in my mind that I didn't understand and then we were alone in a deserted bay in our swimsuits and then she stripped off to sunbathe and I couldn't stop staring at her. She must have known as she smiled at me and turned to pull my swimsuit from me. She kissed me then in the sunshine and I knew I'd never want a man in my entire life. I'd only ever want her. I tasted her that day and she tasted like heaven."

I felt my body begin to heat up when she said those words, wishing it was me she'd taste. I leaned towards her and she blinked back at me, her lips pursing. I was about to kiss her when the steamcrate pinged loudly, the autopilot switching off.

"We're here," Evelyn said, grabbing the controls and bringing us in over the rim of a skyisland. We swept over empty parks and crumbling roads, the whole place looking deserted.

"Where's here?" I asked, staring around me.

"Gaslight Asylum," she replied, bringing the steamcrate to rest by a copse of trees. "Look out for private peelers and stick close to me."

We crept through the trees and then I caught sight of a towering brick wall, the only break in it coming from a wrought iron gate at least ten feet high. The asylum was cloaked in thick cloud that the sun couldn't hope to penetrate. The light instead came from gaslights set into the walls, shining down on the private peelers who roamed around, fuseguns in hand.

"What is this place?" I whispered as we crouched behind a hawthorn bush. "Why are we here?"

"This is where the council send people who won't stop having sex."

"What?"

"Repeat offenders are sent here for re-education. They make them undergo electroshock treatment to cure them of their unhealthy desires. Too much masturbation, up you come. Want to enjoy sex with your partner, too bad. Ever thought about a threesome, into the asylum you go."

"Oh my goodness." I was silent for a moment. "But why are we here?"

"We're going to set them all free."

"How?"

"With Olivia's help."

"What? How?"

"She's going to..." She lapsed into silence as the gaslights all went out at once, plunging the asylum into darkness. "Come on, we need to move quickly!"

Evelyn ran forwards and I followed, ignoring the panicky yells of the private peelers nearby. The gates had unlocked when the power went down and we were able to squeeze through and across the grounds to the asylum before anyone knew what was happening. Once we were inside, Evelyn lit a lantern and strode quickly along one corridor after another before we reached the incurable lesbian ward. I stopped by the first cell and glanced in through the plate glass window at the shadowy figures within.

Evelyn turned back and glanced through just as we heard moans coming from within. As my eyes adjusted to the dark I could make out the forms of two naked women entwined on the bed inside. The sight of the two of them aroused me beyond belief and I found my hand sliding across Evelyn's back. She moved towards me and turned to my face, breathing heavily on my neck as I stared at the sight within the cell.

"Come on," she muttered, as if awakening from a daze. "We haven't much time."

Reluctantly I turned away from the cell, following Evelyn through yet more corridors until we reached the warden's office. "Now what?" I asked as she closed the door behind us.

"Now we wait for the power to come back on."

As we sat in silence, the lantern began to flicker and die out. As darkness took over, I found myself reaching out for my companion, taking her hand in mine and bringing her towards me. I waited to see how she'd react and to my eternal relief she didn't pull away, her arms wrapping round my back as her lips brushed over mine.

With a clunk the gaslights flared into life and Evelyn turned away, flicking switches on the panel before her. "What did that do?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Those ones opened the cell doors and this one stops the main gate from locking. We just freed the inmates from Gaslight Asylum."

We ran from the office, finding the corridors filled with bewildered patients, some naked, some dressed. A steady exodus streamed towards the main doors as the private peelers came running in. For a moment there was a stand off but the peelers were hopelessly outnumbered. Kicking and screaming they were dragged into the cells, the doors slamming shut after them and autolocking into place. We joined the inmates outside as a phalanx of steamcrates landed by the maingate.

"Where did they come from?" I asked, surprised by the lack of pilots.

"We've been planning this for a long time," Evelyn replied. "1892 is going to be the start of a new era."

We took one of the steamcrates and she took us back through the sky towards Whitby. "What happens now?" I asked, looking around me at the countless crates heading away from the skyisland. "Won't the council just send them all back?"

"Not if they want the inmates to keep quiet. You should read about things they did to the poor souls up there. The council will be forced to repeal their prohibition or risk the whole world knowing they used Gaslight asylum as a private brothel for their own pleasure. Think how it would look if everyone found out the council couldn't even obey their own rules."

"Where does that leave you though?"

"It leave me as the last person about to break the stupidest law that was ever thought up." She leaned across and kissed me and my heart melted. I blinked back at her as her soft lips brushed over mine, her tongue edging into my mouth as she wrapped her arms round me, the steamcrate bumping onto the ground beside my office. We hardly stopped kissing the entire time we made our way inside, pushing the door closed as my hands fumbled with her clothes.

In under a minute we were both naked, Evelyn pushing me onto my back on the carpet as she began to kiss her way down my body. I sighed happily as she sucked first one and then the other nipple into her mouth, goose bumps forming on my skin when her fingers began to stroke their way down towards my legs. She kissed my thighs as she eased my knees apart before her head plunged between my legs and her tongue reached out to lap at my juices. I moaned deeply when her tongue entered me, her confidence in what she was doing was overwhelming. She brought me to the brink of an orgasm in minutes, teasing me by keeping me on the edge whilst her fingers slid gently into me. She began to fuck me with her hand, not letting me come until I was screaming with frustration. Finally she flicked her tongue over my clit and thrust up into me at once and then an immensely powerful climax hit me, my whole body bucking and thrashing underneath her.

She let me rest for only a moment and as my chest heaved upwards she moved up me, her pussy reaching my face in moments as I breathed in the delicious scent of her. I reached up and kissed her pussy, pulling her hips down onto my face, my hands moving to her breasts, toying with her nipples as I delved into her hole, lapping inside her whilst staring up at her smiling face.

She gripped my hair and rocked against my mouth, using me to reach her own climax as fast as she could. When she came her pussy spasmed around my tongue and I fought to burn every moment of her orgasm into my mind, wanting to remember it forever. As the waves of pleasure subsided she turned and began licking me again, her pussy still by my mouth as I slid my tongue back into her. She fucked me with two fingers, her tongue on my clit as she pressed her body down against mine.

I reached a powerful climax in moments, my whole body on fire with desire as if I was drowning in ardour. I collapsed into the carpet, hardly able to move as she came to lie beside me, kissing me softly on the neck. "I would stay," she said, getting shakily to her feet. "But I must get home I'm afraid. You should dress too."

"But why?"

"Trust me," she smiled, helping me up. Once we were both dressed she gave me a final kiss and squeezed my hands in hers. "I will be at my house if you'd like to see me again but for now there's someone I think would like to see you."

She turned and left without another word and I leaned back against my desk, sighing happily. I looked up as someone knocked on the door and I walked over, assuming Evelyn had forgotten something. I turned the handle and there was Olivia standing there in the doorway as if she'd never been away.

"Hi mum," she said, taking a step towards me. "Can I come in? Only I've got quite a story to tell you."

The End

12