Getting a Life Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lannasage
lannasage
638 Followers

He laughed at her, she really was a character, it was apparent he had inherited more than he bargained for, he thought that was awesome, victory would be that much sweeter, "Sweetheart, even if your daddy was the devil, I would still try my luck with you and risk his wrath."

"You're crazy."

He smiled and placed his hand against her neck, he bent lower to look her in the eye, "No, if anyone is crazy it's the woman who thinks it's her fault her fiance died. Now, except you're a serial killer, which I doubt you are, I can't think of any other reason why you would be responsible for his death."

She shook her head, "You don't know...you..." The words were choked in her throat as she felt her eyes well up in tears, she thought she had gotten past these random waterworks.

"Whatever it is, it wasn't your fault." He said softly, he pulled her into a hug and patted her head.

His touch reminded her so much of Chuka's; firm and gentle, even the way he stroked her hair was akin to how Chuka stroked it. She cozied up to him, loving the warmth that she felt from his body, she could get used to being held this way....what the hell? No, not with him.

Tai instantly knew something had changed when her body stiffened against his, she slowly left his embrace, his body reeling from the disconnection, he liked having her close, her body fit snugly against his. She looked up at him apologetically.

"I'm sorry, sometimes I get emotional..."

"No, please don't apologise..."

"No." Her voice was firm, "I was out of line and I shouldn't have...I'm sorry."

He wanted to say something, but she turned around and returned to her bedroom, leaving him standing in her sitting room.

Tai sighed, so she was emotionally broken a bit, it was nothing he couldn't fix. Normally, he couldn't be bothered with women who had emotional issues, he just didn't have the strength or time to handle women he considered unbalanced, but with her, he was willing to make that time. Yes, it would be difficult, but when you wanted something of importance, it wasn't supposed to be easy.

Selly stared longingly at the picture of a smiling Chuka, she wished he was around to hold her and tell her all was well.

"You should go back to him."

She turned to the direction the voice had come from with a huge smile, "Chukky!" She stood up and went to him, wrapping her arms around him.

"Selena." He sounded like he was exasperated.

She looked up at him, "What's wrong?"

"This is wrong. You've got a guest in your sitting room."

"So?"

He grasped her shoulders and moved her away from him, "You have a man who's crazy about you waiting for you, a MAN, not a figment of your imagination, but a REAL LIVING MAN."

She scrunched her brows at him, "You're not a figment of my imagination."

"Yes, I am. Tai on the other hand, is not. You need to stop thinking of the past and start looking at your future."

A feeling of hurt went through her, why was he saying that to her?, "What are you saying?"

He sighed, unsure of how to say what he needed to say without hurting her, "You need to move on Selly. I know you feel something for Tai, and I know you're stopping yourself from feeling it. You didn't kill me, I'm dead because fate had other plans for you, Tai is your present and he could be your future too, but if you push him away, you may never get another chance."

She shook her head defiantly, she didn't like what he was telling her, "I don't want another chance, I want you."

"Listen to me, you think you want me, but you don't. You need to stop trying to fight Tai off." She said nothing, but the way tears welled up in her eyes gutted him making his next words even more difficult to utter, "I...I have to stop seeing you."

"What? What are you saying?" She asked quietly.

He sighed, "I can't keep coming to you Selly, I'm a distraction..."

"No, no you're...."

"I'm stopping you from moving on, if you didn't see me so much, you would give Tai a chance..."

"Chukky please." She cried, the tears pouring down her cheeks. He couldn't leave her, he was her only lifeline, she had only left the confines of the house because of him, didn't he understand that without him she had no motivation?.

He wiped her tears, "Don't cry, you'll only make this harder. You've met Tai, it's time for me to step back. I'll always be around, you just won't see me for a while."

"I need you, you can't leave me."

"No, you need your life back, neither of us will be happy if you don't move on." He gave her a sad smile, "Stop crying, go to Tai. I'll be watching." He said softly.

She watched as he faded away, "No, don't go, please. I'll move on, I swear to you, just stay...please." She whispered. She stared at the spot he had occupied. He was gone, "Please." She said to the silence of the room. Had she chased him away? She had, she had chased him away.

"Chukky." She sat in the middle of the bedroom and cried her eyes out. He was gone. For real this time, even his ghost wasn't going to come back.

"Selly?"

She heard his voice, but she made no move to stand or even attempt to reply him, why hadn't he left? How long had he been in her sitting room? Didn't he know when to leave? It was his fault Chukky was gone, if he hadn't come into her life, she would still be talking to her love, he wouldn't have any reason to leave her.

"Selly?...Selly."

She heard him move closer, and then he was raising her head up to look at him, "Selly." He sighed, "What happened? Why are you crying?"

His eyes bathed her with so much compassion, why couldn't she scream at him to get out? It was his fault Chukky was gone, "He...he's gone."

Tai stared at her in confusion, what did she mean? He wanted to ask, but he knew she was in no position to explain, she just needed someone to comfort her, "Shh, it's okay. I'm here for you, alright?" He assured her. He pulled her into his lap and cradled her smaller body as he cooed to her.

Selly buried her face in his shirt, why was he so nice to her? Why didn't he just leave? They barely knew each other so he wasn't obligated to be here. She didn't understand, but somehow, she knew she needed him here, she needed the comfort he offered. He wasn't Chuka, Chuka was gone, but Tai...Tai was here, he wasn't in her head, he was real.

*Thanks for your comments guys, it's highly appreciated. I won't be posting another instalment for a while (about 2 months) because of school. Please rate this and comment. Don't miss me too much. Ciao* Olanna

lannasage
lannasage
638 Followers
12