Getting Lucky Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers

"Wow," Sean remarked. "Your mother certainly has a green thumb."

"She does," Nina replied. "Cheesy as it sounds, she always said it was love that made everything bloom so well." They climbed the steps. "Alright," she said, ringing the doorbell. "Here goes."

The door immediately swung open to reveal a mirror image of Nina. Sean nearly did a double-take at the resemblance. Her skin was the color of a rich hazelnut, the same color of her thoughtful eyes. Her hair was black and cut into a fashionable bob. She had to be in her mid-fifties, but Anita Gill didn't look a day over thirty.

"I was wondering when you two would show up," Anita said, a toothy smile on her beautiful face.

Nina grabbed her mother in a hug. "Ma, you and I both know you were watching from the window."

"Guilty." The older woman laughed. "How's my baby been?"

"Good." Pulling away from her mother, Nina grabbed Sean's hand. "Mom, this is Sean. Sean, this is my Mommy."

Sean smiled and extended his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Gill."

Anita pulled him close to her. "None of this 'Mrs. Gill' crap. Call me Anita. Let me get a good look at you." She moved him to arms length. "Honey, you know how to pick 'em. He's an absolute hottie."

"Mom!" Nina exclaimed as Sean blushed slightly.

"What?" asked Anita innocently. "I'm just saying."

"Thank you Anita," Sean said, tossing her a grin. "It never hurts to receive a compliment from such a beautiful woman. I don't hear them often."

"I see Nina hasn't been taking care of her guy as she should," Anita teased.

"See, I knew this was going to happen. I bring home a guy and you team up with him. Where's Daddy? He was always on my side," Nina joked.

"In his office; he's on a call."

"Actually, I am right here."

Nina looked past her mother and saw her father emerge from his office, reading glasses in hand. "Daddy!" she exclaimed. She fell into his arms. "I miss you," she whispered.

Kartar Gill smiled. "I've missed you too, Rani. How is work?"

"Work is fine, everything's going smoothly."

"I'm glad to hear," Kartar said. He focused his gaze on Sean. "You must be my daughter's new boyfriend," he said, extending his hand.

"Yes sir, Sean Reilly." Sean grasped the older gentleman's hand. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you." "Likewise," Kartar replied. He turned back to his daughter. "Well Rani, your mother has definitely whipped up a treat for your arrival. Let's sojourn to the dining room, shall we?"

Dinner was excellent. Sean could see where Nina got her cooking skills from. Nina's mother, like Roxie and Angie's was from Trinidad as well. She served them curry chicken with chickpeas and vegetables. Sean wasn't normally used to spicy foods, but it was delicious nonetheless.

He was quiet during dinner, preferring to watch the Gills interact. He could tell they were a close-knit family unit, headed by an unshakable patriarch. Kartar Gill was a reserved man, but his presence was commanding. He was a good two inches shorter than Sean, but he was in excellent shape. His dark skin was the color of sandalwood, and contrasted nicely with his raven hair and dark thoughtful eyes.

When he spoke to Sean, it wasn't in a harsh or condescending manner. He seemed genuinely interested in hearing about his job and family life. Anita fawned over him, giving him extra helpings of whatever and refilling his wineglass.

"Mom, stop it. You're going to spoil him," Nina protested after her mother heaped another generous portion of curry onto his plate.

"Shh, girl. He's a growing boy. He must be starving."

Nina smiled. "Welcome to West Indian culture, Sean; where everything can be solved with a plate of good food and too much is never enough."

"Hey, we Irish believe in the same thing. Of course by food, you mean a pint."

Everyone laughed.

Nina turned to her mother. "Have you heard from D.J. lately?" she asked.

Anita nodded. "Yes, he's opening a new club in Houston so he's down there finishing the final touches." Nina's older brother Dino worked as a nightclub promoter.

"That's nice."

"Yes, but we wish he would settle down. Traveling all the time like that," Anita tsked.

"Now, now beta," Kartar said, patting his wife's hand. "Dino is a smart boy. He's worked hard and now he wants to enjoy life by himself for a little while. There is nothing wrong with that."

"I know, honey. I just worry about him being by himself in a different city almost every night. I don't want those skanks making moves on my little boy."

"Mom!" Nina exclaimed as Kartar and Sean burst out laughing.

"Sorry guys," Anita remarked, a huge grin on her face. "I sometimes forget where I am."

"I think on that note, it's time to clean up." Nina rose to clear the plates and Sean stood up as well to help her.

"Leave those alone dear," Anita said to Nina. "Sean and I will get those."

Sean took that as a sign she wanted to talk with him. Gathering the plates and cutlery, he followed Anita into the kitchen. Rinsing off the plates, he stacked them into the stainless-steel dishwasher as Anita stored the remaining food in containers. Anita was first to break the silence.

"You love her, don't you?" she asked.

"I do," he replied. He closed the dishwasher and rinsed his hands in the sink.

"I was very worried about you when Nina told us what happened with the shooting."

"I am so sorry, Anita. I just want you to know that Nina will never be in any danger like that ever again. I'd kill anyone that would try to hurt her."

"Mmm-hmm," Anita mused. "Listen Sean. I know you're a stand-up guy. I could see it as soon as you stepped into the house. All I ask is that you take good care of my baby. She's never had the best of luck when it came to men. I'm sure she told you that. My daughter used to be the type of girl to casually talk to a guy because investing time meant the possibility of rejection. I say 'used to' because I've noticed the change in her since she met you. I know something happened and you two went through a rough patch. But it's not my business and I don't want to know. I just want to thank you for showing my daughter that there are good guys still left in the world. I don't want her thinking that I snagged the last one," she added.

Sean embraced the older woman warmly. "Thank you so much Anita. For the food, and for Nina."

"Mostly for the food?"

"Oh, you bet."

Anita laughed. "We'll just keep that between us."

**************** When Sean returned to the dining room, Nina and her father were engaged in conversation about his job.

"Neens, your mom said there's an unscrubbed pot with your name on it in the kitchen."

Nina smiled. "Duty calls. You boys have fun." She gave Sean's hand a reassuring squeeze before leaving the room.

Kartar rose from his chair. "Sean, join me for a smoke." Sean followed him as he walked through the well-decorated living room through French doors leading out to a large fenced-in backyard. The night air was relatively warm, a welcome March change after the dreary cold of February.

The older man pulled out a tobacco pipe from his pocket and a small packet of tobacco. After filling his pipe, he lit it and inhaled deeply from the other end.

Sean smiled as they sat down on the patio furniture in a covered part of the backyard. The man looked one tweed blazer and plushy armchair away from Masterpiece Theatre.

The two men were silent, the nighttime sounds dominating the conversation. They could hear Nina and her mother laughing at something in the kitchen, their melodic voices soothing the men's spirits.

Sean wasn't sure what the man was going to say to him. He figured he needed to say something, anything to break the silence. "Nice night." Anything but that.

Kartar nodded, the smoke billowing from his pipe. Sean wasn't a huge fan of smoking, but the heady smell of the tobacco was oddly welcoming to his senses.

"My daughter is very special to me," Kartar stated. Sean knew he wasn't finished, so he kept quiet.

"When my son was born, I was overjoyed. He was handsome and bright. All the nurses fawned over him. I told my wife we couldn't do any better than him. Then my Rani was born. She was so beautiful it almost hurt my heart to look at her; I loved my children from the instant they arrived.

Dino is like his mother. He is strong, determined, good heart and a damned good sense of humor. My son is off doing what I've always wanted my children to do: to live their lives in complete happiness, whatever it entailed."

Kartar smiled. "Nina, she is like her papa. We are more reserved, yet we wear our hearts on our sleeves. My daughter searches for happiness instead of letting it find her naturally. She is successful at her job because she is resourceful and compassionate. She is a determined young woman. At times I wished the confidence she showed in her work, she would also show in other aspects of her life. My daughter is special, yet she chose men who were unworthy of her; not because she was better than them, but because she deserved better than how they treated her. My wife and I have a hands off policy when it comes to our children and their relationships. It is better to make mistakes in life because that is how we learn."

He was silent once more as he puffed on his pipe, allowing his words to sink in.

"Do you know why I call Nina 'Rani'?" he asked.

Sean shook his head. "No, sir."

"My wife, she is my light, my heart. She is the reason I live. I would do absolutely anything for her. My children are my world. I would go to the ends of the Earth if it meant happiness for them. My wife is my goddess, and Nina is my Rani, my queen.

It is hard for a father to stand by and watch people mistreat his children. I believe that is why Nina has never brought home a boy to meet us since high school. That is how I knew you had to be something special. Take care of her, Sean. Love her like no one else and your days will be worthwhile."

Sean nodded. "I understand sir."

"Call me Kartar. Let's go inside, shall we? This night air isn't good for an old chap like me."

****************

The drive back from the Gill's to the city was relatively short. Nina noticed that Sean was somewhat quiet in the car. She sang along with the radio and tried to make conversation, but he held his thoughtful gaze.

She thought everything had gone well. Her parents respected Sean and seemed to like him. Her mother gave him dinner extras to take home. Nina wasn't sure, but she could sense it was the talk with her father that had him out of sorts. She was anticipating her dad speaking to him all night. When they came back in from the patio, Sean said he was a little tired and wondered if she was ready to head back.

Nina agreed and bid her parents goodnight. Sean was still polite, thanking them for everything. And now he was in the car quiet as ever.

When she pulled up to his apartment building, she was all ready to speed off after he got out when he turned around to face her.

"Park the car and come inside," was all he said.

She did as he requested while he stood there and waited for her. They walked silently into the building. They rode the elevator up to the fifth floor in silence. Sean unlocked his door and flicked the switch on, illuminating the living room with light.

Nina walked over to sit down on the couch when he stopped her. "Come here," he whispered. He pulled her close.

"Sean, what is going on? Why are you acting so odd?"

Sean's response was a deep kiss. Nina moaned and parted her lips to give his tongue access. She gasped when he pushed her softly against the wall. "Sean, what..."

"Shh," he said softly. He kissed her eyelids, her cheeks, and ran his tongue gently over her lips. Nina removed her coat, flinging it to one side. She unbuttoned Sean's shirt, peeling it from his shoulders and let it drop to the floor along with his jeans. When she tried to reach for his underwear, he stopped her.

"What's wrong?" her face was a mask of confusion. She reached up to ruffle her hands through his russet-colored hair. It was getting long again.

Wordlessly, he removed her sweater to reveal her emerald-colored bra. "You're beautiful," he said quietly. His lips traced the swell of her breasts, leaving a trail of feather-soft kisses in their wake. "So beautiful," he whispered.

"Sean," she breathed. "What..." her questions turned into moans as his hand worked its way into her pants, pushing aside her hipster underwear and giving her slit long and slow strokes.

Sean gazed into her eyes. She opened her mouth to protest when his finger left her warmth. Cupping her face in his hands, he kissed her deeply. When he pulled away, Nina noticed the moisture welling in his eyes. "Slugger, what wrong?" She pulled him close to her, stroking his hair.

"I love you, Nina. I love you so much."

"I know you do, honey. I love you too."

"I've put you through so much shit this past month. You didn't deserve that. Don't leave me, please."

Nina planted the sweetest of kisses on his forehead. "Sean, I'm not going anywhere."

He gazed into her eyes, the brown pools filled with so much love for him. "How did I get so lucky?" He unzipped her pants, leaving them a denim pile at her feet. Sean lifted a leg and plunged his hardness into her.

Nina cried out, clutching his back for support. Sean stared into her eyes, his gaze never leaving hers as his cock moved in and out of her dewy cove. They quickly erupted in a wave of overwhelming pleasures. Cradling her in his arms, he kissed her softly, whispering his love and finally feeling as if his luck was definitely looking up.

**************** 5 Months Later...

"God, leave it to Angie to get married on the hottest damn day of the year!" Sean grumbled. He adjusted the collar on his black polo shirt and sighed.

The sun was nearly beginning to set, the sky turning a brilliant rainbow of oranges, yellows, and reds. The air was still slightly humid, but the cool breeze coming off the Pacific Ocean offered a bit of relief.

Nina laughed. "It's okay, baby. The ceremony was only 20 minutes and now it's air condition time."

Sean pulled her closer to him. "I think it's absolutely criminal that you've nearly upstaged the bride on her wedding day. You look amazing, Pretty." She was wearing a black cocktail-length strapless dress. A layer of tulle on the bottom gave the dress a slight pouf. Her hair was down and flowed freely around her in big loose curls.

"Thanks, baby. Although I'm nearly baking." Ruffling her hand through his auburn hair, she smirked. "It's almost time for you to get it cut again," she remarked. His hair was now nearly touching the tops of his ears.

"Nah, I think I might let it grow out."

"God, no. It makes me feel like I'm having sex with a high-school skate punk."

Sean kissed her, loving the way she fit so perfectly in his arms. "Ooh, role-play. I like it, Mrs. Robinson."

She laughed loudly. "Mrs. Robinson? Whatever, you're two years older than me, Gramps."

"Ouch, Gill. You're going to pay for that." His hand trailed from the small of her back to cup her round cheeks.

"Oh God, get a damn room you two!" They turned to see an amused Carrie grinning at them.

"I have a room, woman" Sean said. "And if we could get this damn reception moving, I could get back to it!"

"Reilly quit yapping and get over here to take a picture!" Angie shouted at him, shaking her fist dramatically. Sean found it hysterical because she still had the bouquet of yellow roses and sunflowers in her hand.

The wedding was a small affair located on the private beach of movie star Dex Ryan. Sean looked around at all the families present: the elder Hartleys, Dex's parents, Connor's parents and extremely Irish Flanagan extended family, The Gills, and even his own mother. There was so much joy in the atmosphere, so many examples of love and its unbreakable bond.

Sean linked fingers with the woman beside him and smiled.

"Getting misty-eyed there Seanny?" He looked up to see Delia walking toward him in a black and white polka dot party dress.

"Of course not."

"Hard not to, with all the mushiness abound." They smiled at each other.

Delia turned to grin at Nina. "Been keeping him in line, I hope?"

Nina hugged her tightly. "Oh definitely. How's the fella?"

"Declan's good. He's over there talking to Dex's brother, something about a new video game. I think I may have some competition."

The trio laughed.

"What do you make of all this," Delia mused. "A beach wedding at the home of a movie star?"

Nina nodded. "Yeah, it's all very posh. Only Angie would have a black and white dress code for a summer wedding."

Delia smiled. "I think she might have had an ulterior motive for that," she said, indicating the simple black dress with an empire waist and white trim that the bride was currently sporting. "How far along is she?"

Nina looked at the slight swelling of Angie stomach as Connor rubbed it intimately. "I think she said about three months."

"Nice," said Delia. "So when are you guys having rugrats of your own?"

Sean sputtered on the champagne he was about to sip. "Uh, Deals no kid planning right now."

"Yeah, Deals. Sean tends to go temporarily deaf whenever someone mentions the 'b' word."

"Aww, Sean man up!"

"Don't tease him, Deals" Nina said, wrapping her arm around his waist. "He's just used to being my only baby. He's not ready to share yet."

Sean laughed. "True."

"Reilly, didn't I just call you for a picture?" Angie slapped him playfully on the arm. "Will you pry your fingers from under Nina's skirts for a minute? I promise she won't go anywhere."

He grabbed the girl into a hug, twirling her into the air. "Put me down, jackass! I'm with child!"

"Like that'd ever stop you. I bet you won't take leave until your water breaks."

Angie huffed. "Nah, Connor will have a fit. Why are you Irishmen so damn bossy?"

"Because you girls love it," Sean replied. He handed the digital camera to Delia, who snapped a picture of the partners. Sean looked at her. She was positively glowing. Pregnancy agreed with her. Her beauty was softened and her already curvy body was dangerously more so. She looked gorgeous in her simple dress and black ballet flats.

"Angie, you look smashing," he remarked.

"Reilly, back off my girl. You've already got one of your own." Connor eased his arm around his wife's waist and grinned.

"Dude, if you're ever up to switching, let me know" Sean joked.

Connor shook his head, his blue eyes twinkling. "Man, you would be sending her back in like five minutes. All the nagging plus the physical abuse. It takes a tough man to control a Hartley woman."

"Don't I know it," Dex said, walking up to the group. "Just the other day Roxie chucked a shoe at me. No bloody reason at all. Damn lucky the paparazzi weren't there to capture it. Would have made a lovely headline." His green eyes were filled with mirth.

"That's because you were being too loud after I got the baby to sleep, you git," Roxie chimed in. "You know how hard it is for Bella to nap during the day. I finally get her to sleep and this ass starts playing XBOX and shouting. I nearly beat him to death." She looked pretty in her black sundress, her raven tresses blowing softly around her.

"Sorry love," Dex said, kissing the top of her forehead. "You know how I get with FIFA." He looked down at his smiling daughter in his wife's arms. She was a light cappuccino color, with soft curly hair just as inky black as her daddy's with her mother's bright brown eyes. "Daddy's sorry, little one." He grinned at her, and she giggled happily.

"What the hell are you all doing down here?" Carrie asked. "The old people are all up at the tent getting goofy on the champagne and wondering when the hell that wedding planner will let us eat." She put her hands on her hips and shook out her blonde and hot pink hair.

nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers