Ghost Detectives Bk. 02: Virus 23-26

Story Info
The crisis deepens, James is in trouble, will be survive?
12.6k words
3.69
3.2k
1
0

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/28/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Twenty-Three

James was waiting outside for Carolyn to emerge from the isolation section of her laboratory. When she came through the door and saw him, she ran to him, threw her arms around him and planted a kiss on his lips. "I've missed you so much."

"What a welcome," he smiled, "a man can get used to this."

"I'm feeling tired," she smirked.

"Here," he teased, "I've brought your three georges for you to play with," handing her a bag.

She hit him playfully on the shoulder. "The only george I want is the one between your legs buster and I'm going to get it, understand," she giggled and kissed him again.

"That not a george, it's a James," he laughed.

"Call it what you will, fucked you're going to be," stamping her feet with finality. "I'm wet for you."

"Where's John? Changing the subject in case she jumped on him where they stood, not caring who was walking past.

"Inside working, he hasn't stopped," composing herself a little. "What you said had us thinking and we believe we have the answer, not just the vaccine, but a cure for Ebola. Early days yet, still untested, but our confidence is high."

"Come," placing his arm around her waist, "let's grab some lunch and you can tell me all about it."

"I will include what you said as well, and take it from there. Tardigrades can live and stay active in the body except in the gut where the acids will destroy them. While active in the arteries, the only danger is attack from white and red blood cells, but we have found a way to prevent that from happening to make them compatible and not be attacked while letting the tardigrade attack contaminated cells before they replicate and flood the body with the virus."

James chuckled. "Kiss and make up like friends, have a meal together so to speak," giving her a cheeky grin.

"Stop being facetious and interrupting my train of thought," she chastised, poking her tongue at him and giving his shoulder a little nudge. "Frivolity doesn't become you, James," she smiled.

"I'm only being honest and trying to bring a bit of light humour into it."

"You're being waggish. Let me finish. The creatures are voracious eaters and we've been experimenting in getting them to eat the virus and it has worked, destroying the virus before it has a chance to breed in the body's collagen. The danger is that some of the blood vessels are small and we were concerned that their size could cause a blockage in the smaller arteries leading to a stroke but we think the risk is worth it. Besides, it is used to being in liquid and should be able to navigate out of small spaces without difficulty."

"When will it be ready?"

"Under normal conditions, another year at least, but needs must; we'll be ready to run with it within a few days and hope any side effects will be minimal. There's still a lot of unknowns but we don't have the time. I've contacted Don at the office and he is sending a team of government scientists here in the next few days to help us. The situation in the Canaries is getting out of hand and we need to act quickly. The anonymous warnings we gave have been acted upon with speed. Don has a large team searching for the ghosts and has asked me when I finished here to set up an observation team to track where the information comes from," looking amused.

"I thought they already had a team evaluating that information?"

"They do but this is taking it to a whole new level."

"You need to keep close to it so we know what they're thinking and their game plan. Let's leave that for the present. How are you managing to breed the creatures?"

"We have the strain we want. As you know, there are over a thousand distinct species, and we were lucky to hit upon the correct one we needed almost straight away. We have beds of damp moss laid out on trays, their preferred habitat, so breeding the creatures is posing no problem. We need to get them into the vaccine and inject ourselves, the same for those already infected. Before you say it, the vaccine itself will be of little help after the event but the live creatures are in there and therein lies the cure."

He raised his eyebrows. "What happens when they are cured and the creatures start to breed in the body and decide to start snacking on something else?"

"Short answer, I haven't a clue. We'll have to deal with that somewhere down the road." She thought for a few seconds. "Inject a clearing agent into the body to eject them I suppose. The risks are there, I'll not deny but what are we to do?"

"Run with it and hope for the best, nothing else you can do."

"Let's get some lunch and I'll take a few hours off," she yawned. "I think after lunch we'll need a little sleep."

A quick lunch, within the hour they were naked in bed together. "Tell me about Debra," she purred rubbing her body into him. "Every detail," positioning him on his back and straddling his legs while holding his penis with both hands. "Did she do this to you," moving his foreskin back, "and this," cupping his testicles with her hands. She slid down his legs, rubbing her vagina against them as she moved her head down toward his penis, placed her mouth over it and swallowed it deep into herself quickly pulling her head back, "and this," she panted rubbing her vagina against his foot. "Was she wet? My hole is throbbing, you must fill it, James; see how wet I am. Speak to me," she murmured, between deep breaths, mouthing him again before coming up for air.

He told her how Debra rode him like a cowgirl. She jumped up and impaled herself on him. "Like this? Look between my legs, did you stretch her like this?" using her hands to open up her vagina. "Did you make her rub herself? You are so wicked, James. See, I'm fingering. I'm in control now; yippee!" she screamed, thrusting down into him. "No! my breasts, hands on my breasts. The nipples, harder, fingers and thumb, twirl them, harder again," she demanded, her face serious and focused as her orgasm swept over and through her, relaxing her face muscles after the shuddering subsided, flopping her body forward for a second. "I needed that," giving a little giggle. She drew in her breath, turned, and rode him facing away. Leaned forward, placed her hands, one each side of his shinbones to steady herself, and was off again jackhammering herself in him. "Did she do this, and this and this," thrusting down upon him. Come for me James, now, come now, get it out," screaming as if fighting a snake that had crawled inside her to spit out its venom.

"Yes, she sucked me, she fucked me," he gasped. "I lost my tongue in her, she did it all, I rammed her and crammed her with my hardness, and I had her begging for more," he cried, trying to concentrate on his own pleasure but she was in control of movement. Another orgasm shuddered out of her and she fell over and started to suck at his toes. She moved slowly, rubbing herself into him savouring the post-orgasmic glow radiating from her sated body. "Was she this wet?" Meeting him thrust for thrust.

"I'm there, a little faster, that's it, hold there. I'm coming," he yelled, plunging upwards into her. She swallowed his large toe and licked between his other toes. "That was hot," his body ablaze, heart beat high, and gently he calmed. "So much for your nap to catch up on sleep, slapping her bottom with the palm of his hand as she held on to his feet licking, sucking and kissing his toes and ankles still in afterglow, her skin shining with sweat.

"Again," she demanded, dropping his toe out of her mouth. "Both hands," alternately he slapped her bare flesh using both palms. "Harder, yes, again, come on James, don't stop, give it to me. Go for it, sting me, mark me, claim me. I was naughty last night with John. I let him come inside my mouth and I sat in his face and he pushed his tongue inside me and I came on his tongue. Punish me, slap me for being a wicked girl," she screeched. She started to rub herself into his lower stomach and fell into yet another orgasm. Her bottom was red and inflamed, stinging and tingling. "I love it." She laid next to him, nestled her head into his shoulder, kissed his cheek, wrapped her body around him and soon both fell into an exhausted sleep.

They woke and showered together and later dined with John. James explained the chaos in the other dimension and how desperate they were for the vaccine and a cure.

"We are all working flat out here; we are almost there but no one knows what long-term side effects we could encounter."

"Where needs must, John, we take the risk. Will I be able to take a few vials with me tomorrow?"

Not tomorrow, give us three, four days but its untested. We're all exhausted. We've hardly had any sleep. I did borrow sis last night for an hour."

"She said," he smiled.

"I was on loan to you," looking at John, "I gained the interest out of the deal," making a face at him, "and you held the principle for a little while."

"You both needed something to take your minds off work. I'm glad, you both needed to keep close and use each other rather than let the pressure build. We are in uncertain times. I have no problem with it," and he meant it. "I love you both."

"Stop it James or I'll be getting all sentimental. I would never disrespect or do anything to hurt or upset you. Anything you're not happy with say and it ends."

"You haven't, and I really am glad you can find warmth in each other."

John felt a little uncertain. "If you ever do have a problem let me know."

"I don't John, so leave it. A thought, when I go into the other dimension, how am I able to take and bring back objects that do not belong to my body?"

He laughed. "An easy one; any object that touches your body aligns to your vibrational force. It forms a force around you."

He needed to think for a moment. "I can't see it. I have things in my pockets, sometimes a backpack that travels through with me. I'm not directly touching it and it goes with me unimpeded."

"When inanimate objects are linked together as one entity they change to your frequency."

"That being the case if I hold your hand does it mean you could come through with me?"

"I don't know; logically yes, but I don't know what it would do to my body. Could kill me. The risk is too high."

"We could test it with a small mammal or something."

"Let's leave it and get this mess cleaned up first," she said. "We have enough experiments going on here without planning to undertake others."

After the meal, John and Carolyn returned to work leaving James alone. He watched the news channel for a while and was soon asleep. He wasn't sure what time his wife got to bed but she was there the next morning snuggled up next to him. He quietly got out of bed and showered. When he returned to the bedroom his naked wife was sitting up in bed reading her notes, the television on and looked up at him. "It's not good in Tenerife."

"What has happened there so far is only a scratch to what is to come. What time did you get back last night?"

"Just after three, John, Donald and most of the others worked through the night."

"How far off are you now?"

"A few days, we told you yesterday. You can stay or if you go back home when it's ready, I'll bring it to you."

"A few vials are of no value. I need thousands and the formula. I think I'll stay here for a few days."

"We are weeks away from volume figures. I don't want you going back there until you are vaccinated."

"We don't have weeks, back there the world is falling apart and within a month it will happen here. It's already well on its way in the Canarias."

"It won't. With what we've given the police they are on top of the situation and have made multiple arrests with quite a few terrorists dead. If we give you a sample together, with the formula, you can get them made up the other end."

"You're right, I need to go."

She jumped out of bed. "Why the sudden change of plan?"

We need live tardigrades. I'll go back there tonight and will set up a breeding programme." He dressed, kissed her and was gone. He arrived at his house at midday and spent the rest of the afternoon studying the life and breeding cycle of the tardigrade until it was safe to go into the other dimension. He went straight to his flat and text Debra and Jennie to come as soon as possible. Early the following morning they arrived and over breakfast, he explained what he needed to do and what help he needed from them.

"You want us to collect moss and lay it out on flatbeds and keep it moist to breed tardigrades and inject these creatures into the veins?" repeated Debra.

"About right, the live creatures are in the vaccine."

Jennie looked horrified. "If it doesn't work, we'll be up for mass murder."

"To do nothing means millions will die."

"James, we'll never get this accepted. There'll be hoops within hoops that will have to be negotiated. Approval will take years."

"And you'll all be dead. Sorry, Jennie, I should have mentioned it earlier. How are you holding up?"

"I'd rather not go there just now. A number of people I know are suffering so I'm not alone in my grief."

He handed the vaccine formula to Debra asking her to get the ingredients needed and to make the mixture in the percentage proportions stated. "You also need access to a laboratory."

"We'll be breaking so many laws. We need to rope in Courtney and Caroline to help us."

"Be careful what you say to them. I notice traveling restrictions are getting tighter with stop and search an everyday occurrence. What's it like getting around?"

"For us no problem but not so easy for most of the population," answered Jennie.

"Can I leave it to you to find what we need. I should have the vaccine within the next few days and I will bring through as much as I can carry but it also needs to be manufactured here."

He could see from their faces they were far from happy and not convinced. "How sure are you?" asked Debra.

"Look, people are dying in their thousands in the Canarias and the same is starting to happen here with no end in sight. If what I say doesn't work, we are in the same position, people are dying in droves. There is a risk, and the risk is big, but a thin thread is better than no thread and I think this vaccine will be our salvation, not our cross. As for breaking the law, it's already broken down and into the third protocol in the Canarias, and this country will be there in a few months, weeks even, as will the rest of the world. You need to keep this secret and, if you bring in the other two, be sure before you say anything to them, they are of the same ilk; if we end up in prison all is lost. Don't mention anything about me or about dimensions or what happened earlier.

"I have no intention of saying anything. I can assure you they are safe. You need to meet them and I'll leave the explaining up to you."

"I'm going back tonight and will return in a few days. You can set up a meeting for the five of us and we'll take it from there, but start now with the other things I mentioned, and if possible, get me a microscope."

"We both need to go, text when you get back."

Chapter Twenty-Four

Police and security involvement had all but decimated Abisali's plans for the UK. Houses were raided, multiple locations placed under observation, numerous arrests, manifold shootouts, the authorities always one step ahead of the terrorists as if they had forward knowledge. They had managed to release the virus in some of their designated locations which remains airborne for around twelve hours but without a host, the virus dissipated and die.

Fatik had located the home of James and Carolyn, but kept well away from the house, watching from a distance using high powered binoculars, but no one seemed to be home. He had contemplated breaking in but seeing cameras he suspected there was also an effective alarm system. On one occasion, he took a risk and walked past the house and took a few pictures. After dark, he hid a small camera in a nearby tree that was linked to the internet and positioned it to survey the property. The second day he noticed James entering the house but he didn't leave and Fatik was at a loss as to his next move. At least with the camera in place, he didn't have to stay near the house to observe. On the third day, James left and returned two hours later carrying bags of groceries.

He could kill him, by far the easiest option, but Abisali wanted information. He wasn't bothered about being seen on camera, or of dying. That evening, he phoned a local Indian takeaway and order a meal to be delivered at seven-thirty. As the car pulled up near the house Fatik, waiting in the shadows, paid the man, sent him on his way, and knocked the door shouting, delivery.

"I haven't ordered anything," said James speaking through the intercom.

"Someone has, the order says from friends and to enjoy. It's been paid for; do I take it back or do you want it?"

Thinking it must be Carolyn or John he opened the door.

He was sitting in a chair hands and legs tethered, his mind a whirl of confusion. A gash from his head bled into his eyes blurring his sight.

"Mr. Trent, I presume. You and yours have caused us a lot of problems."

James shook his head trying to focus his eyes and clear his mind but blood in his eyes made them smart. He tried to focus on the man standing in front of him but fell back into unconsciousness. Coldwater streamed down his face making him gulp for air. He was tied on his back lying flat on the floor. His mind cleared and he focused on the man in front of him. "What do you want?" James knew what he wanted, information, then he'd be dead.

Fatik grinned triumphantly and stood over him not saying a word, staring and sneering, he the predator James the prey. He wanted to stretch the silence a little longer to draw out the uncertainty. "Information, I know who you pretend to be, but who are you really?" Throwing another bowlful of water over his face.

He spluttered and shook his head. "A psychologist, what do you want?" he repeated. "Are you here to rob me?"

Fatik knelt in front of him and slapped his face. "Wrong answer. Who are you and why were you stalking us in Tenerife?"

"I was on holiday with my family."

"Yafiah, ring any bells?"

He had never heard the name before, or if he had he didn't remember. "I don't know to whom you refer."

He threw more water over his face. "Murdered in the toilet," he taunted, slapping James face a few times. "I see the eyes have it. Knock, knock," tapping his head, "anything there?"

"You are one of the terrorists, aren't you?" But he already knew, he was playing for time.

"Enlightened in Allah, you and your kind are the terrorists and align with Jinns and Iblees. What have they told you?"

"You are killers and destroyers of decency." He wasn't sure why he said that instead of trying to placate. He just needed to keep talking and play for time but looking up at his jailer, it seemed hopeless.

"I'm running out of patience," delivering a kick to his arm.

"You are going to kill me no matter what I tell you."

He sneered. "Yes, I'm sending you to Jahannam whether you go with pain or without is your choice." He placed a bag on the floor and showed him an injection. "The Ebola virus," holding up the needle. "This or this holding up a knife, I will get the information anyway," producing a white powder from his bag. "They call this devil's breath, scopolamine, have you heard of it?"

James was very familiar with the drug from the borrachero tree, a deceptively beautiful tree producing yellow and white flowers, colloquially referred to the get you drunk lose your mind drug, growing wild in Bogota Colombia. When extracted and refined the result is a colourless, odourless tasteless powder, inducing strange dreams when dissolved in liquids or sprinkled over food or even when blown into the face and breathed into the body. The victims become so docile they have been known to help thieves rob their homes and empty their bank accounts. Women, when under its influence, freely submit to having sex and being gang-raped or rented out, and on the surface, willing participants. A winner with sexual predators and rapists who often film the deed showing the women eagerly participating in the action. His eyes widened and he nodded his head in acknowledgement feeling depleted and helpless.