Ghost of a Chance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just as he tucked his shirt and jeans under his arm and was ready to leave, the lady's husband came outside. With a wicked and naughty grin, she reached up to him when he was close enough and yanked down his swim shorts, leaving him naked. Confused, but delighted, he simply stared in awe as his naked wife sat up and hungrily sucked on his cock and grabbed his balls.

Tom finally got a glimpse of her front and wasn't disappointed; her huge oily boobs, topped with large, swollen nipples, glistening and swaying back and forth with every bob of her head. He just snickered and shook his head as he left the two horny sun bathers alone.

Tom suddenly realized that something was happening to him. Despite his size and good looks, he was still reserved and gun shy around people in the regular world, especially women. But being invisible, he discovered that he could let himself go (to a certain extent) and overcome his shyness, his awkwardness, and lack of confidence. And being able to walk around town completely naked (with the exception of his shoes) didn't hurt his self-assurance, either. He was starting to become the man he'd always wanted to be... well, after a fashion. His confidence was growing, but no one could see it; he'd have to work on that in the visible world.

Just as he approached his car and was ready to get dressed, Tom heard what sounded like a scream coming from inside a car. He didn't have to look far, for in the car right next to his own, a struggle was taking place in the back seat.

Tom saw the backside of a man, his pants sagging off his hips, and two bare legs belonging to a woman on either side of him, kicking and flailing about. He heard the start of another scream, but it was finished with a slap as the man reared his arm back and swung down, connecting his hand to her face.

Anger flashed in Tom's eyes when he realized what he was witnessing: the punk was attacking a woman and trying to rape her, and actually had the balls to think he could get away with it in a public place and in broad daylight, yet. Then he saw the creep reach into his pocket and pull out a hunting knife, and adrenalin rushed his body into action.

Furious, Tom whipped the car door open and grabbed the wiry scumbag by the shoulders, hauling him off the girl and throwing him out of the car. The punk slammed into the parking lot with a hard thud, his knife flying out of his hand and clattering across the asphalt.

Regaining his balance and zipping his pants back up, the skinny punk reared back and was ready to start swinging at whomever just...

But there was no one there.

The girl inside the car pushed her mussed brown hair out of her eyes to see who her rescuer was, holding her ripped open blouse closed with her free hand, then pulling on her panties the dirt bag removed with the other... and her jaw dropped open when she saw the punk's head flying back as if someone had just cashiered him right in his kisser. In fact, she actually heard the sound of a fist punching a mouth.

But she saw the same thing the punk did, or rather didn't see; there was no one there.

Tom grabbed a handful of the lowlife's shirt and started pummeling him, finishing it up with a sharp jab to the gut.

The gal in the car was just finished picking up her purse and what was left of her clothes when her eyes almost popped out of her head. She had just seen her attacker completely vanish right before her eyes. Then she heard, "You sick, twisted, little fuck! You're gonna regret the day you met me!" and that was when the scream that was stuck in her throat finally reached her lips and exploded from her mouth, because the voice she heard had come from... no one!

The punk's shock was just about on par with hers when he finally saw his opponent, not just because the man was naked but because the man had suddenly appeared... right out of thin air! The man being half a person bigger than he was didn't help either and, not being able to say a word or even breath, he froze where he was, scared stiff.

Tom suddenly turned towards the scream and saw the woman get out of the car and jump into the front seat, groceries from a ripped bag scattered everywhere in the back. She gunned the engine and roared out of the parking lot, with about a dozen or so onlookers gawking after her. None of them looked in Tom's direction, and that's when it occurred to him.

Of course, I'm holding onto the creep; he's invisible now, too. The woman must have seen him disappear, heard me yell at him, and freaked out.

Tom turned his attention back to the would-be rapist, slamming his skinny body against his car. He noticed the shocked look on his face as well, and had discovered yet another trait of the ring's power.

He's inside the power field with me; he can see me!

"You listen to me, you little shit," Tom hissed through clenched teeth, not wanting anyone else to hear a voice coming from nowhere like the girl did and be frightened out of their wits, "If I ever catch you doing something like this again, you're a dead man. I'll be watching, and you'll never know where I'll be." He tightened his grip on the petrified punk's shirt and hauled him up to his face coming nose to nose with him, blood dripping from the creep's nose, mouth, and the cut under his now swelling eye, "You better pray I never see you again, because you definitely won't see me... until it's too late."

To make sure he got his point across, Tom gave him one last roundhouse punch to the jaw and sent the punk tumbling over his car's hood. The lowlife shimmered back into view once he hit the pavement, frantically looking around for his tormentor and saw nothing and no one. All he heard from his attacker was a low, growling laugh. Terrified, he ran as fast as his legs could carry him across the parking lot and disappeared around the back of the store.

Tom got dressed and waited around until the hullabaloo died down, and noticed something on the ground while he was waiting. Touching it first to make it disappear, he picked it up and found that it was a ladies' wallet. When no one was looking in his direction, he took the ring off and got into his car, he and the wallet reappearing. He saw a picture of the woman who was being attacked on the driver's license, and figured it must have fallen out of her purse when she took off in a hurry.

Tom decided to give the woman a little (and he was certain, much needed) space for tonight and take her wallet back to her the next day. He also thought about what he had done. He helped someone in trouble; he saved a life. All this time, he had the capability of standing up to someone who was causing trouble, for himself or anyone else, bottled up inside him. It just took the confidence he gained from the ring to bring it out. It made him feel good about himself for the first time in a long while.

It also made him feel a little less guilty about doing the other things he had done. Most were just pranks, but sneaking into the lady's yard and having anal sex with her without her knowing that he wasn't her husband... he started feeling bad about that. She'd never know of course, but it still didn't make it right. He took advantage of someone and that, he realized now, made him almost as bad as the punk he clobbered.

Still, Tom felt that what he had done for the woman he rescued made up for the things he did, but he decided not to have unsuspecting sex with someone anymore. No matter how much fun it was or whether or not they suspected anything, it wasn't right.

"I'll still have some fun," he said to himself, "but that kind of fun... never again, at least not without their knowledge."

But that gave him another thought.

He couldn't use his ability with someone's knowledge about it, be it having sex or anything else. Back in the park, Tom promised himself that he would never tell anyone about the rings, so that kind of scenario was just rendered moot.

A little later, Tom was relaxing in his easy chair at home, watching the news... and almost spit out a mouthful of beer when he saw what was being reported.

It was the punk, the rapist who attacked the woman in the parking lot. According to the newscast, he had attacked two other women earlier in the month and, following a tip, the police caught him hiding behind the supermarket in a dumpster, scared out of his mind and (they guessed) whacked out on drugs. He was being lead away in handcuffs, news reporters following along and asking him questions.

"The dude came out of thin air, man," he shouted, "He wasn't there, then he was! He was invisible, man; like a ghost or something!"

The cops leading him into the stationhouse just nodded and rolled their eyes, not believing one word of the punk's story.

"Serves you right," Tom snickered as he saluted the freak with his beer, "So long, douche bag; have fun in prison."

After taking a well earned swig of beer, Tom picked up the ring and stared at it for a while, all the time thinking about what kinds of things he could do with it that would help people. He also thought about what that dirt bag rapist had said about him.

'...like a ghost or something!'

"'Ghost', huh? Hmm..."

This really did have possibilities...

...to be continued.