Ghosts: CATU Book 01 Ch. 04

Story Info
What happens when the Presidents daughter is kidnapped?
4.3k words
13.2k
3

Part 4 of the 11 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/12/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

D.C. Harbor

Finding Yonovich had never been hard. He always set up shop in the same harbor just in a different warehouse. The other thing that tipped them off was the yellow hummer he drove. Typically you'd see plenty of yellow hummers driving around in the D.C. area, but this was the only one with Russian Pride on its sides.

Spencer and Sam had been driving through the warehouses looking until Sam finally spotted it.

"There he is. How do you want to do this?" she asks.

"We wait, look," he says pointing. "Looks like he has a customer."

"He looks foreign, think it may be one of our guys?" she asks.

"Possibly." His look was that of disbelief. Too convenient for that to be it.

"What are you thinking about Spence?"

"A plan."

The plan was for Sam to head around the back and wait for his signal. Spencer would walk straight to the front door and knock. Of course Sam thought it was a crazy idea, but this was Spence after all she rationalized.

Spencer walks up to the door and knocks. Piece of cake.

A slot in the door opens and a gruff voice says, 'Who is it? Oh shit, it's you."

As the slot starts to close, Spencer puts his gun into it stopping it from closing. "Let's do this the easy way Viktor."

"Yeah, yeah, I was getting it opened for you," Yonovich says stumbling over his words.

Spencer and Sam had always been a thorn in his side. Every time he'd been busted for gun running to terrorists, not including all the times for gun running for criminals, he'd gotten out of charges. His lawyers had always managed to find something to get him free of charges or the right judge paid off.

The sounds of bolts being unbolted could be heard before the door opened. The door swung wide with Yonovich standing there arms wide open as to give Spencer a hug. "Spence," he says in a loud happy voice. "Long time no see."

"Hasn't been long enough Viktor," he replies. "Looks like I've crashed your party, sorry about that."

"Ah, it's no problem, just a get together with friends. If I'd known you wanted to come, I'd have called you," Yonovich says, his words dripping with sarcasm.

"With you Viktor, nothing is just a get together."

——

Outside Samantha watches with intensity waiting on his signal. When asked what that signal may be, Spencer replied he didn't know but it would be noticeable. She wasn't able to hear anything going on, but she knew if it got bad conversation wasn't going to matter. When Viktor has a get together, it's never a simple one. She decided on back up, Spencer always wanted to play hero, but this was too risky to get botched.

Pulling out her radio she calls dispatch. "Badge number 3647, Special Agent Roberts. Patch me through to Director Cornelius."

"Copy, please hold," says the dispatcher.

After about fifteen seconds Roger answered. "Cornelius here."

"Boss, we need back up at the harbor, warehouse 607."

"What have you two found?" he asks.

"It's Yonovich. He appears to be making a deal with what looks like a foreign national. No idea who. But its possibly one of our boys."

"Hang tight. I'll have a few teams there in five. Out."

She replaced her radio and drew her gun. Now it was a wait until the fireworks began.

Roger hit the hang up then dialed a quick number. Finally we are gonna get somewhere.

It rang once on the other end before being answered. "Wiltkins."

"Doug, three teams and a chopper going, D.C. Harbor, warehouse 607."

"Roger that sir," Wiltkins replies.

"One more thing Doug, I want you to head it. This is too important to get screwed up."

"Yes sir."

He hung up the phone. This is way too important.

He picks up the receiver again and dials another number. It took a few more rings than before. "Adams."

"Adams, get to my office, you're going to the field with me."

——

Roger reached the tactical garage just as Wiltkins was finishing his briefing. Adams seemed both nervous and excited at the same time. Thankfully he isn't a chatterer when he's nervous. The men started piling into the truck, remarkably silent. Training for the tactical team was extensive and costly, but the result was worth it.

"Are we ready Doug?" asks Roger.

"Yes sir," he replies. "Will you be heading in the chopper?"

"Yes and I'll be taking Adams here with me also."

"Very well sir, I'll take the lead truck." he nods to Roger then turns and leaves.

Adams thought it was odd he didn't salute or anything as such. "Kinda informal ain't it sir?" he asks.

Roger looks at him and says, "That's the way I like it around here. Especially with the military-like departments. Besides Doug and I go back a ways."

Satisfied with the answer Adams starts for the helicopter. He'll make a good agent. Let's see how he does under pressure. They climb into the helicopter and it lifts off seconds later.

The atmosphere was quiet only the sound of the rotors and instrumentation could be heard. This was usually how missions went. The men were too well disciplined. Roger always took opportunities like this to relax and gather his thoughts.

Roger?" He asked in a weak voice. He was lying beneath a pile of wood and leaves. The village had been razed only a few minutes ago.

"Is it really you?" he asked again thinking it was an illusion.

"Yes, it's me buddy," Roger answers looking around, scouting the area.

"Didn't think you'd come back," he said. "I was prepared to meet my end."

"Don't think like that Doug, besides I can't leave my friends behind. Now let's get you up, Charlie will be in the area soon. Can you walk?"

"Yeah I think so," said Doug.

Roger pulled all the rumble from atop Doug and helped him to his feet. Surprisingly, he was able to walk. A superficial look showed he only had minor cuts and bruises. It seemed Doug's worse injury came from the concussion he received.

"How did you find me?" he asked stumbling a bit.

Roger focused on keeping him on his feet before replying. "As soon as I noticed you weren't behind me, I knew you couldn't be far. It wasn't until after the raze, I could look for you. I barely managed to find cover, how you survived is amazing."

"By the grace of God and you, Roger," he said.

They spent a good amount of time in the jungle. With no communications they were on their own. They had lost track of the days just trying to make it each day. Every day they dealt with hiding or running. Several times they had to fight their way out of being captured. Collecting ammo and hunting food was tough at times and after time passed the government considered them missing in action.

They had finally made it to a small village that supported the American troops and was used as post the military used to pass through. It was here they collapsed from exhaustion and lack of food. When a unit finally come through they were sent back home. Both learned they had been MIA for four months and were given accommodations for their actions. Roger was awarded the Silver Star for his actions in saving Doug.

War was hell, but they survived it. They came out of it stronger friends since then, joining the FBI together. After Roger took his position as head of CATU he created a new tactical division and asked Doug to head it. He was more than happy to do so.

Sir, we're thirty seconds out," says Adams bringing Roger out of his reverie.

"Good, get ready. Remember use your training and most important use your head," Roger gives him a pat on the shoulder.

Adams nods his head without saying a word.

If the boy is worried, he's doing a good job at not showing it.

Roger gets on the comm to the squad. "Alright boys, let's lock and load. By the book and let's all get home safe tonight."

——

So what can I help you with Special Agent Reeds?" asks Yonovich with amusement in his voice.

"You can start by telling me what's really going on here," Spencer says in a cool voice.

Laughing Yonovich replies with, "And if I was doing something illegal, just what is one cop gonna do?"

"I was going to just ask you some questions, but if it means I bust up your little party, then so be it."

"Questions? No Never that simply with you Spencer. You have been trying to get me for years now and yet nothing you do sticks."

"Not yet."

Spencer was starting to notice the guy that come to see Yonovich was starting to get nervous. Yonovich himself seemed to be having a good time.

Turning his back to Spencer he says, "And you never will! Try as you might, it won't happen. Besides what's to keep me from killing you, burying your body, and forgetting I had ever seen you?"

It was Spencer's turn to smile. "My back up."

"You're bluffing."

"Am I?"

At that moment trucks could be heard screeching to a halt outside and a helicopter above the building.

"You're surrounded with no way out," says Spencer.

"Ah, but I have insurance," Yonovich replies calmly.

"Me?" Drawing his gun he says, "I think not."

None of Yonovich's men moved to pull their guns, instead waiting for Yonovich to give the order.

"No," he says.

As soon as he said that Spencer heard glass shatter. He looked up to see Sam not jumping through it but being thrown through it. She hit the ground hard and it took a moment for her to pick herself up. Spencer attempted to go to her aid, but when he did the goon squad pulled out their guns.

He pauses for just a moment then dives in the other direction behind a pile of stacked boxes. With the goons distracted by Spencer, Sam pulls out her back up gun and shoots the nearest goon to her.

Before anyone turned, she was already on her feet running for cover. Bullets flew passed her as she ran behind a parked truck.

——

Gunfire sir," one of the tactical men shouts to Doug.

Doug alerts the men over the comm. "Enter and detain!"

The men entered through windows and doors with Doug leading the way in. From the helicopter the few tactical troops with Roger and Adams, repelled out and through the giant window above the warehouse.

As soon as everyone entered the warehouse, cover had to be taken. It seemed Yonovich was better prepared this time. Men were set up at strategic points all over the place with heavy machine guns. They were so well covered that even a skilled marksman would have trouble hitting them.

Spencer noticed Yonovich and his client were heading for an office area. Too pinned down to do anything about it he caught Sam's attention and pointed toward them. She got the idea and began heading in their direction.

Streaming fire came raining down from the helicopter, the gunner attempting to take out the well covered gunners. A goon stepped out and took aim at the helicopter gunner. He never got to fire, Adams took the goon down. He took cover as another barrage came, not from the copter but from another gunner. With the gunner distracted Doug made short work of him with a grenade. So far only the bad guys were going down. Roger hated to lose any of his men, in his own way when it happened he felt he was at fault by letting them down.

Without warning a goon stepped out from cover with a RPG. Roger heard someone mutter "Where the hell...."

The goon fired at the helicopter, before the pilot had any warning. In a brilliant flash of light the helicopter was gone. The shock of it sent several men reeling back. These guys were heavily armed and the boxes they were fighting around contained their weaponry.

Spencer realized this and holstered his gun. Finding a crowbar nearby, he opened up a box. Perfect, a whole box of guns.

The box contained AR-15s, military grade. He grabs one and opens up on the nearest gunner. The gunner leapt for cover as the area he was just at was ripped to shreds. The goon didn't have a chance to stand as Spencer opened up on him. Empting the clip he tosses the gun down and grabs another.

Soon the rest of the tactical team follow suit. They ripped open boxes and started using the weapons stored in them. RPGs flew from every direction blowing up boxes and goons. In no time the area was secured. A few troops had minor wounds and gunshots. The remaining goons soon gave up and were restrained.

Roger met up with Spencer to congratulate him. "Good job, the both of you."

"It's not over yet, I've got to catch up with Sam."

"Take Adams with you for back up," Roger began to say. "Wait a minute, where the hell is he?"

"I'll be fine, you find him and I'll find Sam."

——

What the hell is this shit Yonovich?" Yuri asks as they ran through the tunnel.

Yonovich was prepared this time. He had tunnels built with an entrance to them in his office. He wanted the cops to think he was stupid for setting up shop in the harbor again. Truth be told it was more convenient to unload weapons from the boat and let the customers deal with transporting them.

"Just shut up and run!" he yells back.

If they could get to the bunker, they could fend off the cops then make their escape. He had purchased a mini sub to help ease his escape. It could fit up to three in it, but just one was perfect for comfort. If Yuri wasn't needed to keep up business with Noi, he'd gladly hand him over to the cops. As it stood Ghost provided a large income for him and if they were successful then who knows how much he'd stand to gain.

"Is anyone following us?" Yuri asks.

Damn does he never shut up?

"How the hell should I know?" asks Yonovich.

Yuri had no reply. They continued down the tunnel in silence except for the labored breathing from the both of them. The tunnel spanned just over a thousand feet until it hit an area by the water. They entered this area which was like the warehouse loaded with boxes. Yuri followed Yonovich to a bunker set off to the side of the small cave.

"What do we plan to do?" asks Yuri.

"We're going to escape," he answers pushing a button. A wall opened up behind them revealing the sub.

Yuri showed shock on his face. Yonovich pushed another button and another art of the wall opened to reveal a set of weaponry.

Astonished Yuri says, "You really are prepared, I can see why Hanson hired you."

"That's nice, but shut up and grab a gun," he says in an angry tone.

When I get my hands on that fucking cop.

"Why do we need them, we got the sub let's go," implores Yuri.

"We can't just get up and go, you moron. We have to get the sub prepared for launch and until then we have to expect company."

How he wished he had time to get the cameras installed throughout the tunnel or the system to keep the sub on standby. Of course he hadn't expected the cops or anybody to come snooping around so early either.

——

Sam being in great physical condition has no trouble running through the tunnel. Unfortunately to keep them from knowing she is following she has to let them get a good distance in front of her. When she can't hear their foot falls anymore, she is afraid she is going to lose them.

As she gets closer to what looks like an opening to the end of this tunnel she pulls her gun. Perfect place for an ambush.

When she reaches the edge of the tunnel however, there isn't one. She crosses from box to box using them as cover. Figuring they have to either be hiding behind a box or in the bunker, she heads for it. As soon as she is within fifteen feet of the bunker gunfire rings out.

"Shit!" she yells as she dives behind a stack of boxes.

The boxes provide a small amount of protection but are rapidly splintering to the heavy fire. Must not have anything in them like the other ones.

She needs to find cover and she needs to do it fast. Through the window of the bunker a RPG is fired and headed straight for her.

——

Spencer didn't know what to expect. This was new for Yonovich. He was never this prepared, weapons or escape wise. It was even stranger for Sam to go this far without getting any backup.

He heard the explosion long before he was going to see it.

"That better be you firing that," he says out loud as he raced down the tunnel.

——

Roger had taken to giving orders; he still had an operation to run.

"Doug! Get more people here. Yonovich took off down a tunnel. I need men going down that way and I need men in the area looking for an exit hatch."

"On it sir," Doug responds. He got onto the phone and started giving orders himself.

"Romano! I need you to try and locate Agent Adams for me."

"Yes sir," he says as he takes off in search of Adams.

"Gerdon! Get these suspects into the wagon."

"On it sir."

Without Yonovich this whole operation was only going to be a small victory. Yes it was less guns in someone hands possibly the terrorists they were after, but with Yonovich on the loose it would just happen again. Besides they needed him for answers and at this point he didn't care how they came.

——

She managed to get away from the initial blast but the shock wave had taken her by surprise. It sent her reeling ten feet from the direction she wanted to take. She stood up stumbling and slightly disoriented. After she got her bearings straight, she realized no gunfire had erupted, instead shouts could be heard off in the direction of the bunker.

——

Wait here!" Yonovich yells.

Wha-Where are you going?" asks Yuri.

"To give it to that bastard Spencer where it'll hurt."

"What? The cop? Forget about her, let's get the fuck out of here," Yuri whines.

Yuri joined Ghost to make a change in the governments around the world, not to get killed before it happened. He wasn't worried about dying for the cause, just not seeing it happen.

"It's none of your business; just make sure the sub gets done with its preparation. I'll be right back, won't take long."

He left running out of the door leaving Yuri to hope nothing would go wrong.

——

Sam sees a figure leave the bunker. Her vision seems to be a little fuzzy. Must be a concussion.

As the figure gets closer she recognizes him as Yonovich. She looks for her gun and sees it several feet away to her right. He also notices she sees it too and raises his gun to fire at her. She dives just as the bullets hit the ground where she was just at. She circles around a box for cover. When she comes around the corner of the box, she has a gun pointed right in her face. Yonovich has her gun in his other hand.

——

Spencer could finally see the exit to the tunnel, not quite what he was expecting. He had maybe three hundred feet left to go when his body was flung into the opposite wall. He hit with bone crunching force and lied on the ground for several seconds. He came to with a ringing in his ears. Explosion. He couldn't hear anything and had to sit for several minutes. When he finally recovered enough, he stepped over to the wall where the bomb went off. His first thought was it was a bomb. It turned out to be a claymore. More of the military grade weaponry Yonovich was selling.

Clever. Thank God you didn't stumble on it Sam.

He thought of the first explosion he heard and said a silent prayer it wasn't Sam that found a similar one.

——


12