Ghosts: CATU Book 01 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You think it may be him? My God Sam, I've known him since he joined the FBI," Roger says. It was hard to see Adams as anything but bad, maybe an ass kisser but nothing more extreme than that.

"It did seem a little odd, his story," Spencer says.

"How so?"

"Spence is right. He's homophobic and didn't want to enter the bar with us when we went in."

"I'll take that into consideration and push him; maybe he'll tell us something. You two go back to the bar and see if his story checks out. Time isn't on our side,"

"No sir it isn't," says Spencer.

——

At the bar, Spencer and Sam don't have an easy job getting an answer. They take six additional agents with them to prevent any trouble they might incur. After questioning every patron in the place they learn neither of the agents was ever in the bar that day. When questioning the last person, the bartender, the news catches their attention.

In other news, a woman was found slain in the five hundred block of Battleship Drive. She was found naked and appeared to have been beaten and tortured. Police have yet to identify who this woman is, if anyone has any information, they are urged to contact the police department.

Earlier today...

"Sam get Roger on the phone, I'll call the police."

——

We've notified Donna's family and they are going to identify her body. Adams is sticking to his story, which means either he's lying or the people at the bar are," says Roger.

"Which means we have to get him to break," says Spencer.

——

After six hours, Roger sends Spencer and Sam to get some sleep. They had a room in the building just for situations like this. Spencer doesn't have a peaceful sleep and once again he has the dream.

"Move outta the way asshole!" shouts someone from another car.

Slamming on the brakes as a car cuts in front of them, his mother can only sigh. Looking around, traffic has nearly come to a halt with almost everyone trying to fight for a better position in line. "If only people would take their time and work together, things would probably go smoother," thinks Spencer.

He looks at his mother with tears welling up in his eyes, "Mommy, we need to get off this bridge and away from here."

Spencer looks out of the car window once again. He ignores the hideous creatures standing along the bridge and focuses further up along the bridge. There are four figures; one of them is a young girl. At first he can't place where he'd seen her, then the connection clicks. This wasn't right; she shouldn't be here in his dream. Two of the three were human and the last a demon. The demon he knew as Delgrious.

The girl who he recognizes as Sara McKinsey is bound with rope and being held down by the two humans. Delgrious appears to be saying something. He can't hear because of all the noise and the distance from him.

"My God honey, what's wrong, why are crying?"

"I'm scared for the girl up there."

"Oh sweetie, the girl will be fine."

That's when all hell breaks loose.

The next time Spencer looks out of the window Delgrious stops speaking and tears Sara apart.

The bridge starts to shake. Spencer looks around and sees most of the creatures are gone and the rest are crawling over the sides of the bridge. That's when the bridge begins to shake even more. The creatures were causing the bridge to shake. He is scared, like the rest of the people. Everyone is screaming and he is the only one who can see what was happening. He turns back to where his mom was, but she isn't there. He panics and looks around for her. Coming around full circle Sam is standing at his door.

"Come on Spence. We got to get out of here!"

The noise of the people and creatures are so loud he almost doesn't hear her. He swings the door open and he tumbles out. Before he can get to his feet, the bridge shudders again. A crack forms under their car, then splits open with amazing force. Sam tumbles back and loses her footing. Delgrious is there to catch her. Her screams are the last thing he hears from her as Delgrious' hand rips through her back and out through her chest.

Tears well up in his eyes. He knows he has to do something, but he is just too scared. Delgrious looks straight at him. Yes, you have failed Spencer.

Spencer wakes up in a cold sweat. Has Delgrious invaded his dreams once more? He isn't sure but he can't shake the feeling that it is a warning and he has to tread carefully.

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
1 Comments
mokkelkemokkelkealmost 13 years ago

the plot thickens! (there goes the writing out of the window LOL)

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Nightingale A tale of love lost and found in the hardest of times.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Champions A US soldier is chosen to defend another realm.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
A Shepherd in France Ch. 01 Ben and friends visit Paris.in Erotic Couplings
Mine...Yours Pt. 01 Strange neighbors.in NonHuman
Life as a New Hire Ch. 01 Cáel gets an offer that is too good to be true.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories