Gift From A God Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AbbeFaria
AbbeFaria
603 Followers

Great. That made me feel so much better.

“I will give you this bit of advice though: Remain loyal. Remember what side your playing on. If you can do that, and do it long enough when he comes for you, you’ll be alright.” He polished off his last mozzeralla stick. “These are really fucking good. When Raven cools off, I’m definitely going to have to bring him here.

Again, it was like he had totally forgotten about me.

“What side I’m playing on? What the hell does that mean? Why can’t I get a straight answer?” God, I wanted to hit something.

“Because I’m not about to be the one that has that conversation with you. The deal you made, if you new the details, you might not have liked it. Some humans don’t. That’s one of the reasons Aphrodite and I are so pissed off that you weren’t informed of all the details. Zues probably had his reasons, he has to know better, but you have to remember, he’s a bit twisted.”

“Great, just fucking great,” I said. “I’ve got some kind of evil God on my ass, and nobody can tell me what’s going on. Real fucking great. Thanks for nothing.”

Oops. I felt more then heard the growl, it rattled the table and made my vision blur. I felt an awful pressure in my chest, like my heart and lungs were being compressed together and squeezed through a garden hose. I couldn’t breathe. The voice that spoke to me wasn’t entirely human.

You forget yourself mortal. You have been given more then you deserve, and at great risk to myself. You cannot begin to comprehend what Set is capable of, or what he will do to me if I am caught alone and without aid. Still I am here, helping you. If you choose to not show me gratitude, very well, but you will keep your thankless and ignorant comments to yourself.

My body was burned away to ash, my blood boiled down to a blackened sludge oozing like oil through the charred valves of my heart. A scaled beast of claws and fangs was in my chest, slashing at my rib cage. The world turned white with agony. The Universe was only suffering and the tormented screams of untold innocents.

As quickly as it came, it was gone. I was left sprawled on the table, sobbing into the polished wood. Across me me I heard him slurping up the last of his lemonade.

“Now,” he said to me, “Are we feeling more agreeable?”

“Ye-...Ye-...Yes. I-...I’m...I’m...Ss-suh..sorry.”

“My compassion for you is not to be mistaken for weakness. Nor will I be talked to in such a manner by breathing maggot food. Capiche?”

Ha! A native american god that speaks italian. For some reason this was hilarious. I didn’t laugh.

Suddenly my body began to feel warm all over, and despite the meat grinder I had just been put through, I started to feel good. Down right perky.

“Now you go ahead and have a good time tonight. Brandon and Carlos will be here in about 10 minutes. Something you should know about your friend, Brandon: His ancestors were great warriors once. He is a descendant of a chief who ruled almost all the land west of the great river to the endless lake. He is of noble blood, even if none alive can speak the name of his true tribe. Treat him well, and all will be forgiven between us. Oh and take care of the check for me.

He made a clicking noise with his tongue and winked at me.

“Okay. Coyote, thank you. Really. I’m sorry I spoke that way. I was afraid. You’ve helped me more then I’ll ever be able to thank you for.”

He didn’t say anything else, just nodded to me slowly and faded away softly until I was in the booth alone.

End Part 5

AbbeFaria
AbbeFaria
603 Followers