Girl Gets Her Man Ch. 05

Story Info
Food, Silverware, and Daniel.
5.6k words
4.63
19.9k
9
Story does not have any tags

Part 5 of the 21 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 02/23/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers

One morning, Joanne tiredly got ready for class. The night had been filled with horrible, old memories and strange new feelings. She hoped she wouldn't get any more nightmares. They had to run out some time. It had been a solid month. The nightmares weren't exactly the most disturbing dreams. She'd been dreaming of Daniel. Sometimes, it was just them talking in the office. Other times, they'd be walking down the street. Other times, she pushed him against the wall and ran her body all over his. He would moan deliciously in her ear as she tasted his neck. She had even started to think of what his body felt like under her hands. Then, she would wake up in a sweat. She'd been so excited one time, she'd had to change her underwear in the middle of the night. Daniel had never done anything forward. He had held her hand a few times, with her permission. But he never pressed the issue. He'd just let her talk to him into the early morning hours. He still walked her to her car with the same words coming out of his mouth as he closed the door.

"I'll be here every night."

She got to her office to find it spotless for a change. It was the end of the term, so there were no more observations needed for the semester. She wasn't quite sure why she was in the office, but it had become a habit. There was a note on her part of the desk. She recognized Daniel's handwriting immediately. She was beginning to think that he didn't remember that exams were coming. He said something about inviting her over to unwind the week before.

"Meet me at the shop, right now. Hurry up already! D"

She rushed down the street and across the field that was behind the coffee shop. She walked around the side of the building and tapped lightly on the glass door. A tall man in his early fifties opened the door and inquired, "May I help you?"

She hesitated for a moment and then said, "I got a message to meet Daniel here."

"Oh, you must be Joanne. Come in. Welcome to Langier's. He'll be back down in a minute." The man waved her in and locked the door behind her. She noticed an accent, but it was very subtle. She sat down at the nearest booth and tossed her jacket down next to her.

The man shook his head and smiled at her. "Oh no, kid. He wants you to sit there."

There was one of the tables draped in a long red tablecloth in the center of the room. There were two plates per setting and a full compliment of cups and silverware. There were even name cards set at the two places that were positioned right next to each other. She sat down in front of her name. A little card sat on top of her napkin. She opened it.

"Curious yet? Maybe, a wee bit nervous? Don't be. I'm just about ready for you."

"You're the reason, Danny's been cutting out about two, right?" The man smiled down at her. "I figured there was a good reason that he'd been putting a dent in the chocolate. I'm Daniel's pop, David Langier."

She shook the offered hand and smiled back, "Joanne Croix."

"A pleasure to finally meet you," he said with a wink and headed to the back room. She heard a muffled conversation and then the door opened again. Daniel strolled in with a little tray. He'd shaved again, and his hair had been slicked back as though he'd just stepped out of the shower. He wore a sharply pressed white shirt and a brown pair of pants. She tugged at her tattered jeans self-consciously. He dropped down to one knee so that she would be eye level with him as he set the tray on top of the other plates. There were two little cups with a green ball in each.

"I figured, we could try some desserts, tonight. I hope you're not allergic to anything," he purred in that odd way that he had.

"No, I'm not allergic to anything." She tugged at the end of her ponytail.

"I didn't think you would be. We start off with a pistachio ice cream."

Jo picked up her spoon and Daniel pulled it out of her hand. He shook his head and put it back in place. He picked up the spoon from his setting and quickly offered a small bit of the smooth cold treat. She found her eyes closing as the liquid slid down her throat. Some how any food associated with him was erotic.

He whispered, "Wow!" She opened her eyes and offered him some ice cream from her cup. He slowing accepted it. She hadn't noticed how full his lips were until he engulfed the spoon. His breath on her fingers made her grasp a little unsteady. She'd never been so interested in how his lips would taste until then. She tried not to lick her lips. She knew he was watching every change of expression she made. He was ready with more of the rich, sweet greenness the moment she set down the spoon. A subtle rise came to the corner of his mouth, as she accepted the next taste.

"Good?"

"Mmhmm," she rolled the last bit of it along the roof of her mouth.

"A little too good, I'm afraid. I think you should handle your own dessert. I'll try not to watch too closely," Daniel smirked as he watched her dip the spoon carefully into the water dish he had placed for just that reason. This girl was definitely schooled. That had been another surprise he'd picked up from her without her knowledge. He'd brought in a late night snack with a full silverware set, and she'd selected the two forks they were to use. It hadn't really been a test. He'd wanted to impress her with the selected cheeses, fruit and salad greens. It turned out that a simple meal was more her style.

'It was getting to him, too,' she thought as she crossed her legs under the table. Her thighs had started this strange tingling. She finished what was left in her cup off quickly. A reddish orange sherbet came next. Daniel had called it blood orange sorbet. It was extremely delicious, though Daniel didn't eat much. He didn't speak, either. He was busy trying to hide his erection. He'd always had a thing for a girl's lips. Joanne's were the perfect balance of fullness and size. Every little movement of them sent a quiver through his thighs. He was just about to see about a kiss when David came out with the cheesecake. His father gave a frown and paused before setting down the plates.

"Boy? You doing okay?"

"Sure, sure. I'm great."

"Then, you won't mind if I talk to the young lady for a minute." His father's voice was pleasant though there was an obvious uneasiness in the way that he looked at Jo.

"Father," Daniel let out a small protest as David reached to take Jo's hand. She stood up without touching him. Daniel sat back as she followed his father into the kitchen. She hadn't noticed that he was sitting on the edge of the chair until she was a few paces away.

As soon as the swinging door shut behind them, David's face changed. "You seem like a good girl. You're a very pretty girl. You're more grounded than his last girl friend."

"Uh, thank you. I think."

"My boy has a tender heart. I don't want him to be hurt," the firm words matched his stern gaze.

"I don't want that, either," she responded to his silent question.

He looked down at her with the same dark blue eyes as his son, but there was none of the familiar warmth to put her at ease. "I can see that. I'm thinking of other people, here. He's a very passive boy. It won't be easy for the two of you."

"There isn't a two of us," she tried to soften his concern with a laugh.

"There is for him, which is a mistake. If he wasn't willing to fight for..."

"Pop," Daniel said from the doorway. "stop harassing Joanne. She knows exactly how I feel about her, and I know how she feels about me. Tonight was for her to come over here and get to know the shop. She's been cooped up in that office for so long that I figured it would be fun. I wanted to actually see her before she goes away for fall break."

His father let out a sigh and said, "Danny, how about you clear this up for me. I saw the way that you looked at her just now."

"What about it?" Daniel seemed slightly irritated.

David put a hand to his son's face and caressed, "I've seen it before. Remember, right before you left town? The girl came in asking for ..."

"Papa," Daniel gave the hand a pat then looked into Joanne's eyes. He tried to casually say, "That was two years ago," but it came out like something else. Joanne didn't let it show, but she was a bit nervous that he hadn't mentioned anything about leaving town. 'Does he like to get a girl interested and then drop her if she doesn't do what he wants? Is that what this is?'

David shook his head at the obvious overemotional lilt in his son's voice. "The boy isn't doing very well. I wanted you to know what you were getting in to. Joanne, I think I should take you home..." He reached out for Jo.

Before she could respond, Daniel moved between them. "Don't touch her."

Daniel offered his hand to her. "I think we could both use some air. Ciao, Pop."

Jo wasn't sure why she took his hand. He got her out into the night before David could say more. He held her elbow with more force than she'd liked. She looked up into his set face and tried to figure out what was wrong. He was walking too fast and her elbow was too high.

"Wait. Just stop!" She pulled her arm out of his hand. "What just happened?"

"My father has no idea what's going on," he blurted as he continued to walk.

"How about letting me in on the secret?" She caught his arm before he got too far away from her with those long strides.

He turned to face her. "Before you came along, I had some problems. I worked them out. He thinks I haven't," he let out. He looked into her eyes and softened, "You know, before you came tonight, he actually asked if we were sleeping together. I told him it was none of his business. He said, I couldn't think straight when I was inside a woman. He said I needed to learn to just be with a woman. That was not the problem. It ended badly. Pop won't let me forget how bad it was. You don't deserve to be penalized for what happened way before I met you."

"He didn't really act like he wanted me around, Dan. It's more than that. We both know ..."

"He's afraid I've gone off the deep end. That's it," he soothed her as he rubbed his hands over her arms.

"Have you?" She kept herself from putting too much into the question. She'd grown very attached to him. More than she was willing to admit. She'd hoped he would eventually kiss her, so that she could get rid of the imagined ecstasy. Was he really crazy? There wasn't anything strange in his face at the moment. As a matter of fact, his face was generally gentle with an anticipation. Joanne had called it that 'I'm gonna get you eventually' face.

Daniel put a hand to his chest and looked down into her eyes. "I have no plans of going crazy at the moment. I know what this is. I'm the one waiting for you, remember?" He ducked down to be more at her level and tilted her head up with his fingertips. "You can call this off at any time. I won't push. It's great to be able to touch you without you pulling away. I like being able to see you every night." He moved his fingers to gently massage her throat and said, "If we keep this casual thing up, I might get a little carried away. Maybe, I'll even..."

His face was so close to hers. She instinctively averted her eyes from his. Jo braced herself in anticipation. Someone pushed between them and shoved Jo to the side as they rushed past her. To stop her momentum toward a brick wall, she raised her arms. She slid against it until her knee hit the sidewalk.

"Hey!"

She looked up toward the voice. Jesse helped her toward Terry's car. "Come on, Girl."

Jo looked back toward Daniel. He was facing someone else. The man was talking with his hand waving.

"Gary?" Jo went toward the two.

Jesse held on to her wrist. "They need to sort this out, since you don't want to," she grumbled.

"It doesn't need sorting," she yelled. "I'm not mixed up about anything."

Jesse opened the car door and motioned for her to get in. When Jo hesitated, Jesse shoved her in. She heard Daniel say something as the car rolled away.

"Gary told me what happened the other night," Jesse said as she continued to hold on to Jo's arm. "What is going on with you?"

"Terry, could you pull over, please?"

"No, Terry, take us home. We have a few things we need to clear up."

"You want to clear it up? Fine. I don't want to see Gary ever again. Not because you think we'll be a good couple. Not ever. Not by accident, because you think I need to get laid. I'm tired of you setting me up, when I'm not ready to be with anybody."

"You seemed to be with Hot Chocolate just fine."

"Damn it, Jessica. His name is Daniel!"

"I know exactly what his name is. I know a lot about Daniel that you don't."

"So?"

"He's been lying to you. If he was honest, you wouldn't waste another second on him. Gary's been nothing but honest."

"Let me out of this car before I break a window."

Terry pulled over and the locks opened. Jo opened the door and pulled her way out of the car. She ran toward the shop as fast as her sneakers could carry her. Her chest hurt. She wasn't sure why she'd been holding her breath. When she got back to the corner, there was no one there. She went back to the shop and found the door wide open. Some of the chairs were askew. She picked a few up and straightened out some of the tables. She'd caused this. Jo refused to let things get out of hand again. It seemed that every good time she had with a man ended in something wrong. No more. 'Once I make sure he's alright, I make a break of this non-relationship.' She felt a pair of arms wrap around her and she flinched around. Daniel backed off.

"Shit, Joanne," he murmured. "I was so worried about you. You're cleaning up like nothing just happened?" His bottom lip was starting to swell from the scuffle that he'd just had. His dark hair was slightly over one eye.

"What happened to you?"

"Oh, Gary and I had a little run in. He told me not to see you anymore. I told him no way. The sad thing is, I was watching the car leave with you in it when he got me with a cheap shot."

She looked into his eyes, "I'm so sorry, Dan. This is all my fault. I should never have gone out with him. I should have been more clear with both of you."

Dan shrugged, "No, I blame Jesse for setting you up with him in the first place. She must really hate me. Am I that bad?"

She looked into his soulful eyes and admitted, "Yes. I'm sorry, you are."

At first he thought she was joking. Though she smiled as though she were, he could see it in her eyes.

After all of the work he'd put in to get her to trust him, she wouldn't. "You're afraid of me," he sighed.

"I'm sorry," came out of her mouth again.

"You're gonna dump me now, because we're back to being afraid, right?"

"We were never together."

"We keep saying that." He asked, "Then, why does it hurt?"

"It'll stop..." Something caught in her throat as she tried to soothe him. "You have to see that this is wrong. You need a girl who'll be what you want. I can't. You shouldn't be that hurt. We never even kissed. It was great to pretend with you all of those nights, but it's too much for me, now."

He sat down in front of her with his forearms resting on his knees. "You know, I care a lot about you. I think, I've learned a lot from our conversations. I still want to make sure you're safe. Is that okay?"

He picked at a piece of dirt on his pants. She wasn't sure what to do. He didn't seem crushed. He just seemed tired. She rearranged the dishes on their special table so that they could be picked up in one or two passes. Just a matter of minutes before, she'd been swept away by the flow of the evening. Now, she was tearing her own heart out so that she could go back to the normal, easy way that she had before she knew him. She took one last look around the room and picked up her jacket.

"Jo?"

She looked back at him. Dan had squared up his shoulders and put an arm over a chair next to him.

"Why couldn't you touch me? I could see your fingers move toward me, but you stopped. Had you already decided to get rid of me?"

Jo had wanted to touch him. She'd wanted to cup his cheek in her palm and smother his lips with kisses. That was one of her irrational ideas that had decided to surface lately, anytime he was near. She walked over to him. 'He deserves this much, at least. What will it cost me?' She walked back to him and dropped her jacket over the table. He put his hands in his lap. There in the café, he raised up to be close to her face. She raised her hands to either cheek and he closed his eyes. She wasn't sure what to do. She'd never been the one to do anything. She stood there for a moment watching a subtle smile cross his lips.

"Just as sweet as I thought," he whispered. Just those words gave her courage. She ran her fingers over his ears and into his hair. His scalp was warm and the hair soft under her hand. A tingle went through her fingers down her arms and into her chest. He moved closer and opened his eyes. She'd seen that look before, when they were sitting at the table in the middle of the room, and again on the sidewalk. This was the look she'd been avoiding. This would have been the time to turn away. He'd leaned in a little too close when they were alone in the office, and she had moved away. This time he held her in his gaze when his lips pressed against hers slowly. Her heart thumped in her chest. She didn't break away. She closed her eyes and held still as his lips moved slightly to touch her nose and then her chin. Every touch of his lips were like fire. This new sensation swept through her without regard for her thoughts about anything. There was no way she could stop herself from letting go, this time. She needed to feel wanted, even if it was for a few minutes. She felt his hands pull her down to his lap as he parted her lips. He tasted so good.

"Hey!"

They both looked toward the front door. Jesse walked up and pulled Jo away. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I...I..." Jo couldn't think. Embarrassment made her face feel warm.

"What are you doing here?" Daniel sounded a bit confused himself.

"Look, Romeo. This is my friend. Leave her alone."

"Jo?" His voice seemed to hold her where she stood.

"Don't make an issue out of this." She heard Terrence.

"God, Jesse, get off of me," Jo cried as she wrenched her arm free. "What is your problem? Why are you ready to hurt him?"

"Him! He's the problem. You've been so... Just stop seeing this freak!"

"He's no freak," she frowned. She looked back at him for confirmation. "I don't think... Are you, Dan?"

"I'm not a freak," he verified. "Unless that's what she wants..." Jesse raised her palm toward his face and he stopped.

"I let it go on for a little bit, but when you started crying in your sleep, I drew the line. I don't want to know what happened. I just want it over and to get you home."

Jo sighed, "Jess, he hasn't touched me. Tonight was our first kiss. I'm sorry if I worried you. I..."

"First kiss? Girl, I hope it's your last. Let's get her out of here, Terrence."

"Baby," Terrence put a hand on her shoulder. Jesse subsided. The big man moved in front of Jo and looked at Daniel for a moment.

"I know you," he finally decided. "You're the piano guy from next door."

"Yeah, I play there sometimes," Daniel slowly said.

"A touch as sweet as a summer breeze and skin like fired clay?"

"Eyes so telling of the fear and a smile from far away," Daniel completed the line.

"A good song. I heard it that night you and Gary got to a few words. I saw how you looked at her. Wasn't quite sure, though," Terrence seemed to smile to himself as he looked at Joanne. "We're gonna go," he nodded as he guided his woman away.

"Jo! Terrence, are you crazy? Don't do this," Jesse pleaded with him as he gently guided her toward the door.

"No crazies here. She won't be home, tonight," Terrence told the air with a hand raised in farewell.

Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers
12